All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:11 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

When Kate acknowledged what he had done Jasper froze. He heard her words as though through water, his mind too lost on what he had done. 

He could see clearly his old mistress telling him over and over that he didn't deserve anything, he was simply a slave, and nothing without someone to serve, each statement accompanied by a swift crack from the cane she used against his back. His ears flattened, and he looked lost standing there in the snow. Dropping to his knees, Jasper's eyes were unfocused, seeing the past. 

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:44 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate scrambled through the snow and sat beside him. She took his hand in hers then wrapped her arms around him, "Oh. Jasper. I got you. Breath. Deep breath. I am with you."
The mage whispered a spell and he was in a bubble of warmth. Kate held him to her with a gloved hand to his forehead. "Is only a memory. She cannot hurt you."
Kate rubbed his arms, "On day you stand up to her in your mind. Take my hand." In his mind the mage in a blue cloak leads him into the sunny meadow. Rest in the sun. No one can hurt you."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:03 am 

Jasper felt Kate's arms around him but remained fairly unresponsive to the touch, remaining rigid and still. It wasn't until he was led to the sunny meadow in his mind that he appeared to come back. Closing his eyes Jasper leaned against Kate. He could feel himself shaking, though it had nothing to do with the cold. He placed his head on her shoulder, feeling tears silently slipping down his face. He felt useless, exactly as Malora had wanted. He was to be the perfect slave, made to serve and nothing more. 

As much as Kate had brought him to believe this wasn't true, he knew he still believed it. Somewhere in him he believed everything Malora had told him, it was all he had been brought up knowing. As much as he wanted to change this, it was part of him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:23 am 

Kate held him as emotions from his past swept over him. The mage whispered, "No holding back. Let it all out. No one can hear all you need to say. The eight year old boy in you wants out. Let him speak to me. What did Malora do to the boy?"
As she spoke to him, Kate held him tighter and smoothed his hair.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:37 am 

Jasper felt his chest tighten and he tried to breath without hyperventilating. Kate's hand smoothing his hair helped calm him a little, though it still took him a few moments before he could say anything. When he did speak it was just above a whisper, sounding broken.

"I...I was only m...made for serving. With....without this I was n...nothing." He felt his break hitch as he tried to tell Kate what had happened, about things he had tried to block from his mind for so long. As he recounted what Malora had done, it was as though he were reliving it.

"She w...would tie me to the end of her bed and l...leave me for h...hours blindfolded. Then s...she would..." Here Jasper flinched as though being hit, remembering the feeling of the wooden cane, or the stinging pain of the leather. "She would hit me with each st...statement." He said this feeling like that little boy again. He whimpered and curled closer to Kate, not wanting to continue.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:40 am 

Kate just held him and felt anger for her aunt well up; she swallowed hard not wanting Jasper to move as he had confided in her. It soothed Kate to smooth his hair and console him. He hurt mentally as he was he was brought to her physically, "Oh Jasper. What she had beaten into you is not true. She broke you and your spirit. Here I am teaching everything she killed. At least for a moment you laughed. I know your not useless or a nothing. You a terrified little boy. Malora told lies and she took horrid pleasure beating. You were a helpless little kitten. You are doing right in telling me. I can see now how difficult it is to fight your past and speak. Soon you will become strong enough to face these horrors. Just breath. The thoughts will pass. Embrace that little boy as I have you. He and you will be whole again. So much pain. You were a sweet, cute, adorable little boy."
Kate sent a dream with Malora vanished in her bed room, Jasper, free the boy and take him out toward the hall. Your younger you can only see your older you. When you both enter the hall you will be in the meadow. Just a dream space tell that little boy what I say. 'Jasper, you are a sweet, cute, adorable little boy Mistress lies. You have purpose and are Jasper. I am here to take you to a nice, safe, place."

When little Jasper and older Jasper get to the door. Kate is covered in a blue cloak that Jasper saw the day he was rescued. Kate leaned down, "tell little Jasper who you are and he will see you again. When mistress appears you run to to my cloaked friend and she will get you out. Mistress will not harm him anymore. Remember mistress lies and the cloaked lady will keep you safe."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:25 am 

Jasper let Kate's words wash over him, holding on to them like a lifeline. He tried to do what she said, just breath and let these thoughts pass, but he found he was too wrapped up in the memory to just let it pass. His usual embarrassment that often came from Kate's words was absent. He had separated himself from that little boy when it had been made evident that he was no longer a child, but a slave. And now Kate wanted him to reverse this. 

He knew she had done something when his view on the memory changed. Instead of being tied and blindfolded, he was standing looking at his younger self. When he heard Kate he jumped a bit, before taking a deep breath and carefully approaching his younger self. When he was close enough to undo the bindings, and remove the blindfold, he could see how much both of them were shaking. Looking at his younger self, he could see what everyone always told him, that his eyes gave him away. Without a word, he took the hand of his younger self and led him to the hall as Kate had instructed, seemingly both trusting the other enough to go forward. He could see the shock and nervousness of the younger as the hall was replaced with the meadow. Jasper felt the younger tighten his grip on his hand, and looked down. They both seemed to mirror each other, ears flattened, unshed tears in their eyes, and both feeling the pain inflicted by Malora. 

When Kate came into view, covered in her blue cloak, Jasper remembered when he had first met her. It seemed like forever ago when in reality it had only been a few weeks. He felt his younger self take a step back, watching the lady carefully. Listening to what Kate said, Jasper nodded and turned to face his younger self, kneeling down so they were more level. He could see the worry reflected in his own eyes. Before he could say anything though, his younger self spoke first.

"You're me, aren't you?" He asked in a small voice. Jasper nodded. Without warning, his younger self threw his arms around his neck and buried his face in his shoulder. Shocked, Jasper froze for a moment before carefully wrapping his own arms around his younger self. After a few seconds, Jasper pulled his younger self away enough to see his face.

"Jasper, this is my friend. She will keep you safe when mistress comes." He watched his younger self look to Kate, and back to him. He could see the tears staining the younger's face and pulled him close again. "I promise, it gets better." He whispered to the boy, feeling his own tears begin to fall. 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:17 pm 

Kate watched as Jasper was so good to his younger self and allow the two to console one another. Once in the meadow, Kate stepped toward the two Jaspers, "Little Jasper I am mage Kate. I am a friend to your older self. You may run to me every time you see Malora. You are in Jasper the elder's dreams and memories. I will keep you both safe until you are strong enough to leave your mistress or fight her. You both need each other to heal. You have both done well to meet. You both may stay together as long as you wish."
The mage healed little Jasper of his wounds by placing her hand in his head, "You are safe in Jasper's arms. My touch will never harm you. You may find it hard to escape you mistress; you can take my hand or give me a hug. I will always bring you here to the meadow where both of you can bask in the the sun. You have been in darkness far too long."
Kate hugged them both, "In the meadow you are free. Take any form you wish. In time you will laugh and play. No one can bother you here."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:44 pm 

As Kate approached, young Jasper locked his gaze on her, his ears flattening. Jasper felt him tense and turned to see Kate. The younger watched Kate, skepticism all over his face as he listened to her, his ears pricking up slightly as he listened and relaxed in his older self's arms. He felt this was some sort of magic, being able to be with his future self, while being with someone he would end up meeting. It was both confusing and unsettling. He didn't know much about magic or how it worked, but he couldn't help but wonder if this meeting would cause problems in the future. Suddenly, a thought came to his mind, but before he could voice it, a hand was on his head and he was flinching away. Jasper felt this and looked down in concern, only to see that Kate was healing him. He knew the reaction well, eyes closed, waiting for the strike that never came with Kate. 

Leaning on his older self, young Jasper couldn't believe what he was being told. When he had been taken away from his mother he hadn't thought he would ever get away. Seeing his older self though, it meant he wasn't going to die in the pits as he had feared since being told he was going to be a pit fighter, but it did nothing to lessen the tension and fear he had. When Kate hugged them, young Jasper inhaled sharply but soon calmed, soaking in the warmth and affection, too early in his training to have blocked out his craving for it. Soon his previous thought came back, looking up to his older self, he tilted his head to the side slightly. 

"Is Abi safe? Do we see her again?" He asked hopefully. Jasper didn't know how to answer, he still didn't know who Abigail was, assuming that was who Abi was. Confusion, and a hint of panic crossed his face as he quickly looked to Kate, hoping she could help.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:26 am 

Kate held both their hands and motioned them to sit. Her heart broke seeing them together. When little Jasper mentioned Ali she wondered if the boy was referring to Abigale then the elder Jasper spoke many time in his sleep.
Kate looked at the elder Jasper with a serious expression as she slowly reached for her favor sticking out his coat, "Take this to wipe your face. Your not weak Jasper. You needed this moment. If little Jasper says too much telling him past, ask him to stop."
Kate faced little Jasper, "You need to be mindful of your older self may not be able to accept your memories if you say too much. If he tell you to stop. Mind him. I want to know when you are here you may speak freely, change into any form you want, and ask us any questions?"
The mage handed younger Jaspers a hankerchif from her pocket inside her cloak. She reacked with the back of her hand to the younger's head, "Easy, I will not hurt you. You need a gentle touch. I am going to smooth your hair. Who is Abi? Your older self has lost his memory of all you know."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:47 pm 

Taking Kate's favour, Jasper did as he was told, feeling his younger self's eyes on him. 

The younger looked to Kate when she spoke to him, never meeting her eyes for more than a second or two before he would look away. He heard what she said and lowered his ears.

"I'm sorry." He said softly. He hadn't meant to cause trouble. Listening to what he was told, he was confusing. Malora had told him one thing, while Kate was telling him another. Jasper could see the confusion on his younger self's face, knowing he had gone through similar moments with Kate, and often still did. 

He felt when his younger self recoiled from Kate's touch, flinching away in a way that was all too familiar to him. 

At her words, the younger Jasper remained still but quickly turned to look to his older self when he learned he had lost his memory. When he spoke his voice was tinged with sadness.

"You don't remember Abigail?" He asked, his green eyes meeting those of his older self. Jasper shook his head, breaking the eye contact. The younger turned back to face Kate, keeping his own eyes downcast.

"She's my sister. She was taken away before I was." Jasper froze. He had a sister? Why would he have forgotten something like this?

"Do you know where she was taken?" Jasper asked his younger self, hearing his voice shaking a little. His younger self shook his head, causing Jasper to sigh. How was he to know if she was even alive if they didn't even know where she was taken to? Looking to Kate, Jasper asked her the question pressing on his mind.

"Kate, do you think we can find her?" He didn't add whether or not she was still alive or not, not wanting to think of what would happen if she wasn't.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:08 pm 

Kate wanted to hold little Jasper when he flinched, "I hate what Malora has done to you. I will help you find your sister. When and where did you last see her? Tell me as much about her as you can remember"
Kate held older Jasper to her, "Jasper, I am so sorry."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:29 pm 

Jasper leaned into Kate's touch, too grateful for it to pull away. Silently he watched and listened to his younger self.

The younger Jasper perked up a bit when Kate said she would help find Abigail. His ears perked up, and his eyes shone with unshed tears. Sniffing, he thought back to when Abi had been taken.

"She looked more like mama, dark hair and hazel eyes...but she also had wings." Here he paused, picking at a loose thread on his shirt. "She was taken by guards and put into a cage. Then these two people in cloaks took her away." Tears slipped down his face and he concluded in a whisper before pulling his knees up and wrapping his arms around them. 

"She was my best friend."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:35 pm 

Kate moved to where she held them both, "This is terrible. I would be upset too if Jon was taken away. Little jasper, "I know this is hard because your upset and miss her. She has wings. Tell me more what she looks like and do you remember the details of your home?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:58 pm 

Young Jasper shook his head.

"I have always been here." Dropping his gaze to the floor, he continued. "Mistress says she chose our parents specifically, to bred the perfect slave. She said Abi was a mistake and it was a good thing she was sent away..." Jasper could feel his younger self's distress and lowered his own ears.

Young Jasper appeared frozen, eyes on the floor as he remembered.

"She had long brown hair and hazel eyes. She was taller than me, and had darker skin than mine." Here he paused and looked down at his own paler skin, his arms already lined with small scars. Jasper looked down to his own skin, crisscrossed with more than twice as many scars.

"Abi always wanted to be a fighter...but after...after we watched our dad get killed..." The younger Jasper couldn't continue. Remembering when Abigail had brought him to secretly watch a fight, only to watch their own father be killed.

Jasper could feel the emotions coming from his younger self, closing his eyes against the tears that came, he clenched his fist, feeling his nails digging into the flesh of his palm. It was a minor distraction, but it was enough. He began to realize why he had blocked these memories.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:02 am 

Kate heard the sadest story in her life and placed her hand over Jasper's balled fist,"Save your anger. You will have your revenge. Jaspers your sister should be easy to find. A cat with wing, the mages will find her. There is a network for missing persons. Now we have a mission. Little Jasper you are always with your older self. This is a safe place for you little one. You younger Jasper are a memory, a shadow of your former self. You met and you now dwell in your older self. A waken any time in Jasper's mind. For now, your memories are his. In the midst of you mistress you will not be harmed as memories seemed real are shadows of the past. Be not frightened any more for Malora and Lord Draco cannot hurt you. Embrace yourselves and and become one in memory. I promise to give you both a new and happy life."

Little Jasper was now a part of the elder Jasper's mind. The magic bubble dissipated slowly and Jasper was secure in Kate's arms. Kate whispered in his ear, as shes smoothed his hair and rubbed his arms, "Steady, keep your eyes closed. A flood of memories be falls you. I opened a gate. Breath, your alright. Lay your head against me. I got you. Let the memories come."
Kate was not sure if the process was physically painful. She placed her hand on his forehead just in case. She held him until he opened his eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:10 pm 

Jasper felt Kate's hand on his and he looked to her. He listened to what she said about finding his sister and relaxed his hand, feeling the slight marks his nails had left. He listened to what Kate said to his younger self, his eyes downcast as he took in what she explained. Jasper felt when the magic bubble disappeared, Kate's arms around him.

His ear twitched when Kate whispered to him. Partly listening to what she said, Jasper did keep his eyes closed as a wave of memories came over him. Things he had suppressed for years came flooding back, bringing with them all of the emotions and feelings that had been suppressed with them. He felt like a kid again, forced to take everything that came at him, reliving the nightmares again. Catching his lip between his fangs, Jasper whimpered, laying his ears flat.

When a few long moments had passed Jasper finally opened his teary eyes and pulled away from Kate. For a minute he looked lost before he pulled his gaze up to meet Kate's.

"Kate...I..." He paused, fighting back a fresh wave of tears. Conflict was all over his face, once more overthinking his actions. Before he could berate himself, Jasper wrapped his arms around Kate in a hug, lasting no more than a few seconds before he pulled away.

"I'm sorry." He said quickly, eyes down and his hands clasped together.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:44 am 

Kate did want him to pull away as he regained his memories and he lost his childhood. Kate loved it when he hugged her and when he pulled away from her and apologized, "No apology needed.Please let me hold you." She sniffled as tears welled in her eye and streaked her cheeks, "You lost everything. Jasper, I do not know what to say. I will do everything I can to help. You need to find your sister. Would you like for me to take you to the mages? We can leave right now for the mage guild castle."

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:01 am 

Jasper ears twitched when Kate spoke, but he didn't look up until he heard her sniff. Concerned, he watched her own tears fall, sorry for upsetting her. He knew he had lost everything, but he had managed this long. It had never seemed like a big deal to him, especially after all Malora had said. But since coming to be with Kate, everything he had thought to be true had turned out to be false. 

Just that morning he hadn't even known he had a sister, and now Kate was offering to help find her. What if she didn't remember him? What if she had changed and didn't want to see him? From the memories flooding back, he knew he had failed to stop the guards taking her. He had failed her. Would she want to see him after that?

Jasper wasn't too keen on seeing the mages. There was no telling what they could do with their magic. He had started to grow comfortable with Kate's magic, but others? He also knew that it was probably the only way they would find his sister. Taking a deep breath, Jasper nodded. If Kate thought it was a good idea, he would go with her.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:46 pm 

Kate nodded back, "Have you been around other mages besides me? They will not harm you or use their magic. Tell them as much as little Jasper told us. A winged human is very rare. Harpies are very small and dwell in the west. The mages are very successful at finding missing persons. The have a extensive network all over the world. I am sure your sister will be as surprised to see you as you are her."
Kate stood up and helped him up. Once the were settled in the sleigh she drove into the through town to the mage castle. The castle was grey and blue flags with half moons in a pentagram flew overhead. The sleigh stopped before two massive oak doors. Kate hopped out of the sleigh and waited for jasper. She held Jasper's hand and approached the doors. Kate spoke in an ancient language, "Occonus openus Mage Katherine Lyons and friend."
The massive doors swung open and Kate led Jasper through a large rotunda past classrooms to a door that opened to a great hall. A long dais platform was placed in the back of the room. A figure studying a floating leather book sat suspended in air. Kate looked at the figure, "Excuse me me Arch-mage I am sorry to bother you. I have an unguent request."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 33  Next