All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:13 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

With the uneventful days passing, Jasper found himself getting anxious for something to do. He spent a great deal of time with either Ann or Peel when Kate wasn't around. He did his best to help out where he was needed, never complaining when given a task as it meant he had something productive to do other than roaming the halls. When he first encountered Fluffy he was struck frozen when she brought him a dead rodent before proceeding to sniff him. She was a lot smaller than he was, but the large Savannah still waited until she left, tail and head in the air, before turning in the opposite direction. Since then he made a point to avoid her, especially if the looks he got from her while going into Kate's room were anything to go by.

As the time approached for the ball, Jasper found the servants were always busy with one thing or another. He tried to help out, but for the most part felt he was in the way. Escaping to his own seldom used room, Jasper shifted into his human form and stood on the balcony, leaning against the railing and closing his eyes. His ears picked up on the sounds of people working away at getting the place in shape. He heard Kate call and moved to change into something warmer. He heard her in the hall not long after, and joined her within seconds, ready to go.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:37 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate was surprised to see him, "You dress fast. I forgot you do everything in hurry. You can slow down a bit. How was your three days of freedom? You only have to ask if you need time alone. You deserved some time to just be. Peel should be ready and I can smell gingerbread and cider. Is there anything you would like to take?"
Kate helped him get into his winter outer wear, "Each week you look better. I had no idea you are so handsome. I love your eyes in the sunlight. Please do not hide them. Hold you head up; Jasper, your a person not a doormat."

Kate spoke to him as they exited the house; Ann had a picnic basket in the sleigh and Peel hitched Lady Gail. Once Jasper entered the sleigh, Peel handed him the reins, "Lad have a good time."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:01 pm 

Jasper's ears lowered and he apologized to Kate. It was true, he was use to doing things as quickly as he could, though he was also eager to get out and do something besides getting in the way. In answer to how his three days had been, Jasper couldn't lie.

"A little dull, actually." He said, his head lowered. He didn't know how to "just be" but he felt it would be another thing he would need to learn. He shook his head when Kate asked if there was anything else he wanted to take, he couldn't think of anything off the top of his head, and he knew Ann and everyone else was busy. 

As Kate helped him with his outer wear, he was caught off guard by her comments. He could feel a blush on his face, and ducked his head to hide it the best he could. He still hated his eyes. He couldn't disobey Kate though, and with a sigh he lifted his head up but still tried to avoid eye contact with her as he took the reins from Peel.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:19 pm 

Kate liked to make him blush and he never complained to her like Jon did. Kate did not have to correct him as they drove. He had made his own corrections, "Hey. Who taught you how to drive? You are a pro. Look at you driving like you've been doing this all your life. A fine sleigh-man you are. Would you mind if I snuggle up to you and covered us with the blanket and quilt? Did I help ease your tension and relieved your pain last night? You slept soundly for most of the night last night. You only had one flashback. Who was Abigail? You called her name in your sleep?"

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:35 pm 

The beginning of the ride was quiet, Jasper kept his attention on the reins, following the procedure as he had learned, when Kate spoke up. Without looking to her, Jasper gave an answer to her first question.

"I had Peel help me." He said. During his freedom over the past few days he had assisted the man with whatever it was he was working on, and had had the chance to ask him about things. Shaking his head at the praise, Jasper allowed Kate to snuggle up to him. He felt himself tense at first, unaccustomed to this sort of thing, but let himself relax while keeping his mind occupied elsewhere, if he didn't think about it, he hoped it wouldn't bother him. 

He knew Kate had been helping him a lot with his nightmares, giving him the chance to get some rest at night. He couldn't remember calling out last night, but the name sounded familiar. He tried to think about what he had been dreaming of but the image wouldn't come. He felt he should remember this, why else would he be calling for someone in his sleep. 

"I don't remember." He answered. "But..." He trailed off, lost in thought.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:57 pm 

Kate snuggled to his side, "I am so happy you met Peel. He will be a good friend. He is the best man to take your problems to. He keeps things to himself and he listens. He's been around so man hurt young men. He had a damaged soul, like you he never speaks much. When he does it's something to take to heart. He is very gentle around animals; he can fix anything broken. Peel and Papa have been together all my life. Rumor is Peel found Papa for my grandfather. They were somehow all involved in the Dragon Wars and Grand papa made Papa a soldier from the Pits. Guess Godfathers wants to make the same of you. Going back to your flashback is was only an instant. I saw from your memory a young female that had your coloring with amber eyes. You must have been in a crib from the looks of it."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:18 pm 

Kate was warm against his side, but Jasper didn't let that distract him. Listening to Kate talk about Peel, Jasper wondered what his past was. He didn't want to bring it up for fear it would be too painful, or something that was wished to be forgotten. But he had heard so many stories that he never would have expected, especially that of Lord Lyons. Jasper had been able to see Peel's skills with animals and fixing things first hand. 

He was still amazed with Lord Lyons background, going from a pit fighter like himself to where he was today. It was strange to think that anyone would want to do the same for him, of all the fighters in the pits, he felt the least qualified for this sort of thing. Jasper found himself thinking about the fighters he had known, some much more educated than he was as a result of having either previous masters who taught their slaves, or by simply being captured and forced into the position. 

Lost in the past once more, Jasper's ear flicked at what Kate said about the memory. It wasn't much help with identifying who this mysterious girl was, and Jasper thought that there must be more. Why would he know the supposedly the name of this girl if he had only seen her once, and from quite a young age at that.

"Why can't I remember?" He said under his breath, more to himself than Kate. He could recall most of his past, going back to his first kill in the pits, but anything before that was foggy. It frustrated him to no end.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:38 pm 

Kate heard him whisper, "Be easy on yourself. Flashbacks more often become clearer and make themselves known with time. Right now is too early. Your memories are deeply embedded. Soon the good will replace the bad. Be patient. This process can take years. I hope for your sake it will be a matter of months. We know very little right now. I hope it was a good memory that manifested and more will be revealed. It's a start of a long buried memory. "We are close to the lake's turn just past the last picket and on your right. Gentle tug to the right. The horse, she is very smart and needs slight pull where to turn. Very good Jasper you remembered how to come her and you can barely see the dock in the distance."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:52 pm 

Jasper's ears flattened when he realized Kate had heard him. He listened to Kate saying that it would take time for anything to be clear. He knew this, but still he was frustrated. He was being patient, and all it seemed to do was to make things harder, especially now that he couldn't even figure this out. He could feel tears forming, more from anger at himself than anything else, and he quickly blinked them away. 

He was glad for the distraction of the turn coming up. Following Kate's instructions, Jasper stopped the horse when they got to roughly the same place as the last time. Loosening his grip on the reins, Jasper unclenched his fists and let his one hand drop to his lap. The other quickly wiped at his eyes, removing the tears that remained. He let out a small huff, his ears still flat as he kept his gaze forward, not wanting Kate to read him as she had come to do, much like everyone else. He knew it was pointless, she would read his feelings nonetheless.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:27 pm 

Kate saw him turn away quickly and ball his fists; he wiped his eye. This time Kate ignored him. He knew she would have accepted a hug. Balled fists meant something different and Jon nearly hit her in anger. Kate did not want to push Jasper or found a need to console him. Besides two figures were approaching in the distance and the last thing she wanted was to have Jasper appear weak. She saw Jasper was trying to tie the house to the same tree as before, "Stop. Your frustrated enough. I will show you how to tie a horse to anything you do not want her getting away. Besides were here to have fun."
Kate showed him how to tie the reigns and then slowly she untied the reins. He was a quick study he rarely had to be shone twice. His ability was amazing and it baffled her. She had seen Jasper tie the reins when the two men were yards from them. Kate tensed and grabbed Jasper's shirt in back above his pants and gritted her teeth a warning, "That's far enough Sir Marcus. We are not in town and you do not want to tangle with me or Jasper. If I were you, just turn around were you came from. Edmund, I am giving you the same warning. You both are nothing but trouble and neither of you want to dance with the devil this fine day."
Kate under her breathe congered a spell as she spoke in language of ancient dragon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:47 pm 

Trying and failing at tying the reins to the tree, Jasper nearly dropped them completely when Kate told him to stop. Some of his frustration was replaced with guilt as he watched Kate tie, and then untie the reins. When she handed them back to him, he followed what she had done and stepped back from the tree. It was than that he noticed the two men approaching them. Ears perked, Jasper watched them approach, feeling Kate grip his shirt from behind. He immedietly recognized Marcus from his first trip into town, not easily forgetting a man like him. His eyes never left the man as he stepped closer, stopping about a sword's length from the pair, his friend just behind him. 

Jasper watched as Marcus laughed.

"Come now, Katie. Is that any way to greet your future husband?" He laughed again, eyeing Kate from where she stood behind Jasper before giving her a wink. "And I see you brought your little pet along." He sneered at Jasper, earning a glare and a baring of fangs. 

Jasper tensed as Marcus stepped closer, ready to spring to action with a moment's notice. He could hear his heart pounding, preparing for a fight, his ears flattened, his tail flicking from side to side, and his fangs bared at the opponent. Marcus, either oblivious to all of this or choosing to ignore it, made to step around the fighter, to pull Kate to him but Jasper moved with him, stepping in the way.

"Kate dear, why don't you call of your guard dog, or should I say cat." Marcus shot a glare of his own at Jasper. He was a little taller than Jasper was, letting him look down on the slave. "We wouldn't want any mishaps." He said this more so at Jasper. A low growl could be heard from the fighter. 

Reaching for Kate's arm, Marcus felt his own get pulled behind his back and reached instinctively for his knife. Jasper held the man by his wrist with enough force to break if he wanted. 

"Let go of me!" Marcus shouted, swinging his free arm around with his blade. He caught Jasper just below the eye with it, leaving a small cut that began bleeding almost immediately. With a snarl, Jasper caught the other arm and twisted it, forcing Marcus to drop his knife into the snow. A moment of panic passed over the man's face and he looked to Kate.

"Kate! Get him off!" Marcus struggled in Jasper's grip, only resulting in having his wrists gripped tighter. Edmund moved forward to help his friend, but froze when Jasper growled. 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 am 

Kate's heart beat faster and she stepped closer to Jasper's left. She did out of habbit as it was custom to be outta harms way should a man need to draw a sword. Kate got into Marcus's face, "Husband, I would not marry you if you were the last man on Terra Firma. You think just because a promise was given by our mothers before mine died is binding. By law a contract has to be signed by our fathers and approved by my godfather. That never happened am so I am free to marry who I wish. Hold him Jasper! Marcus I gave you a fair warning and told you to stay away. How does it feel being bested by a real fighter? Ii is nice to see you getting a taste of your own medicine. You hear me good Marcus. You mention an inkling of marriage again and I will have Jasper tear you apart. You bully anyone anymore and you will be looking over your shoulder for Jasper. Unless you want to be fodder for the town's mouser, keep away from me. I will turn you into a mouse for her to eat. Just for pestering us, I will change your fox tail into a rat tail for a week." Kate scowled as she wiggled her fingers at Marcus's tail and spoke, "Irr Ratagus Behidle for 1 week." Marcus's bushy red fox tail sparkled and became a thick, harry, rat tail. You have two seconds to vanish and Edward you get within a king's robe train from me and you will be wearing two scrawny rat tails and live a day as a rat for the town cat to chase."

Kate saw the cut under Jasper's eye and picked up Marcus's knife off the ground and held the point at Marcus's chest, "You so much draw your dagger on Jasper or anyone in my family, I will get permission of your father to allow Jasper to cut off your balls. I am I clear?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:47 pm 

At Kate's command to hold Marcus, Jasper did so, a growl still low in his throat. The man squirmed, trying to get free of this humiliation. The fighter grinned at his useless struggle, looking menacing with his fangs fully exposed so close to Marcus' neck. 

He was amused by Kate's magic, further humiliating the man in his grip. When Kate gave him his warning to disappear, Jasper released Marcus, shoving him back the direction he had come. This caused Marcus to stumble, nearly tripping over his own feet before he regained his footing. Smoothing out his shirt, he glared at Jasper and Kate in turn. He looked as though he wanted to say something but Jasper's snarl changed his mind. Turning, he grabbed Edmund by the arm and towed him off. Watching them until they were far off, Jasper's ears remained flat, his tail flicking in agitation. When they were gone, the fighter wiped a knuckle over the cut, glancing at the blood smeared on the skin, but thinking nothing of it. He then turned his attention to Kate.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his ears up and concern replacing the anger on his face.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:18 pm 

Kate was red in the face and her heart pounded in her chest, "I hate that man. For years I have wanted him bested and this is not the first time he has worn a rat tail. Ooowwh that Marcus makes me so mad. The hardest part is he knows he does. He always tries to fight the new male in town. I can not say I did not warn him."
Kate looks at Jasper's cut, "May I heal? I have salve so it won't scar. I am sorry you were too close to use a burn spell that would force him to drop the blade and I would have harmed you. Yes I am alright. You are quick to hold him and loved how you struck fear in him. I doubt he will try to fight you. He will both respect you as a fighter, and be extremely jealous of your skill and being with me."
Kate curtsied to Jasper, hugged, and kissed his cheek, "I love you. You will now and forever be my champion. Would you like me to enchant your weapons and armor?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 pm 

Jasper listened to Kate's stern words about Marcus. His tail flicked side to side, and his ears lowered a fraction, he would gladly fight the man again if it would knock him down a few pegs and teach him to stay away from Kate. 

When she asked if she could heal the cut on his face, Jasper didn't answer immedietly. It was only a small wound, and with his own minor healing ability it would easily heal on its own. He wasn't worried about it leaving a scar, it would add to the many he already had all over. 

"I have suffered worse." He said, a small smile on his face, trying to take away any worry. He felt himself blushed when Kate kissed his cheek, a moment of surprise crossing his face before he dropped his gaze. At Kate's offer to enchant his weapons and armor, he was a little skeptical. He had never used magic on any of his equipment before, and though he had seen Kate use it many times, he was still hesitant around it. As much as he used dirty tricks in the arena to turn a fight in his favour, magic had always been looked down on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:53 pm 

Kate was not surprised with his answer. She removed a white, laced handkerchief with her her initials in pink silk this Jasper is my favor. I would be honored if you kept it. I guess by your silence you either have not been allowed defensive magic or fear enchantments. Should you encounter a real threat, I would want you protected. You have proven your ability by staying alive. This afternoon I see why. When I am with you, I feel safe. I am happy being with you. Your relieved of duty. Take what form you like and go where you wish. I will be alright."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:45 pm 

Jasper watched Kate remove the handkerchief and give it to him. He had never had something like this presented to him before. He could remember hearing stories of knights being given a lady's favour, but those had always been fairy tales and stories spun by bored servants as they worked. Holding the fabric in his hand, Jasper looked to Kate, a mix of confusion, and a bit of gratitude crossing his face. 

He was glad for the change in subject, though it wasn't one he was anymore content with. His ears lowered slightly when Kate guessed at why he hadn't answered her previous question on enchantments. Jasper was glad that Kate was happy being with him, his fear of being a burden lessened a bit, but remained nonetheless. When Kate said he was relieved of duty, Jasper tried to object but decided against it and remained silent. He remained in his human form, but remained where he was, unsure of what he should do. The conflict between what he had been trained to do, and what Kate had taught him to do kept him from making any decisions. Meeting Kate's eyes, he silently asked for help, not trusting himself to do so vocally. 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:56 pm 

Kate exited the sleigh, grinned at him, then picked up a bunch of snow in her hands. She bent over laughing. She made the ball into snow and threw it at his stomach, "Come, Jasper, play." Kate darted back and forth in the snow, "It's ok! Hit me. How well can you hit a moving target?" Kate flailed her arms.

Kate laughed and giggled. She his him with more snowballs, "Come on, Jasper, this is fun don't you think? We call this having a snowball fight."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:18 pm 

Jasper watched Kate curiously, ears up as she gathered the snow and threw it at him. When the snowball exploded across his stomach, Jasper looked from the site of impact to Kate, seeing her laughing he couldn't help but smile. At the challenge of hitting a moving target, Jasper gave her a playful grin, showing his fangs, very unlike the predatory looks directed at Marcus not too long ago. 

Playing in the snow again, Jasper did have fun and even laughed a few times, something he hadn't done prior to being given to Kate. 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:49 pm 

Kate danced around him, "Jasper, you laughed. You smiled. Oh I hoped you laugh. I want you to be happy and play. Your doing it. I thought...oh never mind. I hope to see you laugh a lot and have fun. You deserve to be happy. Forget your past ties. Be yourself, be silly, and play. I like you to laugh and have fun. This is what you do all the time in the snow."
Kate fell back in the snow, giggled, and laughed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 33  Next