All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:44 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Harry exhaled a light chuckle as he finally lowered his eyes in order to pay his lunch any mind. Looking at it, Harry couldn't remember what was in the filled pasta, and the ridicule of it all made his softly shake his head. Instead, he gripped his pint, taking a good sip of it.
"Do you want to go with me and Teddy to the aquarium, then?" Harry softly asked as he picked up his fork and knife. "Some afternoon you're off of work, there's no real rush."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:09 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The offer surprises Draco, even if it probably shouldn't. He would have to spend some more time with Teddy, now that him and Harry were boyfriends, and he honestly did want to spend more time with the child. However, it was brand new still and Draco had a lot of things to get used to, including having to be a part of Teddy's life. He didn't want to mess that up.
"Sure, that sounds lovely," he said with a warm smile, as he started to dig into his pasta. He did mean his comment, but seeing as he usually had nothing to do with kids, it was more than a little frightening to have to be around one regularly. Harry was worth it though, or at least Draco hoped that he would keep proving to be worth it. The alternative was too much to bear.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:20 pm 

Harry looked at Draco for a moment more before he too started on his lunch. It felt like they had had the conversation too early throughout lunch, and now everything felt trivial.
"I'm going to tell Ginny, too, if you don't mind," he eventually felt the need to add. It really was the last segment of the conversation, and Harry would hate to do something Draco didn't feel comfortable with. "She'll probably tell Parvati, but its mostly because I don't want to have to as Teddy not to talk about you once he meets you, and it's really them who have been minding him lately. The others can wait."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:37 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco was suddenly overwhelmed by the prospect of others knowing about them, even if that was the entire point of them having this conversation. However, it made it all very real in an entirely new way and Draco tried his best not to panic.
"I appreciate that," he said in a soft voice, not wanting to back out, seeing as he did want to be Harry's boyfriend, but he wasn't quite comfortable with too many people knowing yet. He hoped that they would be able to keep it under the wraps for a little longer, at least while he familiarised himself with the idea.
"Let's not tell too many at first. It's should be a slow process," he said, hoping that Harry would agree and not ask too many questions. "You can tell Ginny though. I don't mind."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:43 am 

Harry nodded, not wanting nor needing to demand any more than that. For now, it was enough to him that he didn't have to ask Teddy to keep quiet.
"I won't say anyting, but if anybody else ask, I'm not going to lie,toHarry answered between a bite of food, feeling like he'd better warn Draco about it. He didn't want to start this with any lie that cpuld cayse any more tensiok between Draco and the Weasleys. "- but besides Ginny, I don't expect them to ask."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:03 pm 

Draco nodded at that, feeling like that would be fair. It wasn't like a lot of people were going to assume that him and Harry were involved anyway, so it would probably not come up for a while. It comforted Draco a whole lot, because even if he liked Harry a whole lot, then he didn't feel ready to get ambushed by all of Harry's friends and family. It was way too much too soon and Draco needed some time to get used to the idea of them even being boyfriends in the first place.
"Sounds fair. Pleas just tell me when you tell someone new. I'd like to be prepared, just in case I should run into them at work or elsewhere," Draco said, attention mostly on the food in front of him. Now that their heavy conversation was over, it almost felt weird to just be eating lunch like normal.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:21 pm 

Harry couldn't help but exhale a small, laughing sound as he yet again glanced towards his plate in an attempt not to directly laugh at Draco well aware that his was neither the time nor the place.
"I'll give you a head up if I tell anybody anything -" Harry promised softly as he looked up at Draco. While the laugh had left his voice, there was a crooked grin on his lips. "- or if they get unexpectedly sent to St. Mungo's."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:56 pm 

Draco smiled and nodded softly at that, appreciating the warning he'd receive. He took his job very seriously and he wouldn't want anyone who'd prompt him to act unprofessional around, at least not without proper warning, so that he could figure out how to handle it.
"I'm a professional after all, wouldn't want to be cross examined about my private relationships on the job," he stated, really honestly meaning it. It was something he cares a lot about and he'd get very upset about the breach of professionalism while on his job.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:51 am 

Harry just hummed at that, unable to keep a grin off his face. He was well aware that Draco's comments stemmeed from Draco having a different relationship with his work than Harry had. Draco had far more to prove and therefore Harry shouldn't be one to make fun of it, but he simply couldn't help it.
"I'll explain to them that even though I met you at St. Mungo's /they/ can't," Harry teased. The crooked grin on his lips disappeared moments after, as he ate the last ravioli on his plate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:10 am 

"Thank you, Draco said, not necessarily liking that he had to be so strict about his work related situations, but he would rather take his precautions, than end up acting unprofessional at work. He loved his job far too much to ever do anything to hazard his current position and he had worked way too hard to get where he was. Nothing was ever going to be worth losing that.
After finishing chewing his last ravioli, he downed the remainder of his wine and took a brief glance at his watch, a family heirloom he had gotten for his 17th birthday. "I should probably get going though. As nice as this is, then I have to get back to work," he reported, as he looked up and tried to get their server's attention so that he could pay.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:06 am 

At the mention of work Harry, too, glanced towards his wristwatch. For a moment he had lost track both of the time and his day, and he seemed genuinely surprised by the notion of having to get back to anything.
"And I'm already late," Harry commented, yet made no sign of being in a rush. Besides, work had spilled over into his lunchbreak, and now it was only fair that he got some extra wiggleroom on the other end.
"Please let me know as soon as you know when you'll be able to spend an afternoon with Teddy and I, then I'll try to plan it." Harry genuinely wanted Draco to meet Teddy and he couldn't help but smile at the prospect.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:46 pm 

Draco nodded at that, really honestly interested in getting to know Teddy better and to hang out with him and Harry. He was honestly excited for the prospect of a day wth the two of them.
"I most certainly will," Draco said with a warm smile, as he finally caught the server's attention and signalled that they wanted to pay. "As long as Teddy wants to see me again as well, that is," he added, wanting to make that clear too. He didn't want to force his way into their life without Teddy wanting him there as well.
"I don't want to ruin your time together."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:49 pm 

"Oh, please," Harry scoffed in half a laugh as he straightened his posture, leaning back in his chair. "Teddy won't miss a trip to the aquarium no matter who's coming."
There was a crooked grin on Harry's lips, well aware of the fact that Teddy was too social and ekstrovert for this to go bad. "Besides, he has already asked about you," Harry reminded Draco softly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:24 pm 

Draco smiled widely at that, comforted by the fact that Teddy wants him around in some way. It was going to help his and Harry's relationship tremendously. After all, Draco knew that Teddy always was gonna come first so it was important that Draco would get along with him.
He handed the server enough money to cover both meals and their drinks. "Just keep the change," he insisted with a polite smile, before turning to look at Harry again.
"I'll be delighted to spend some time with you then," he said, before getting up and putting in his coat. He really did need to get going.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:35 pm 

Harry smiled a polite smile at their server, just to moments later mirror Draco's movements. Harry, too, stood up and put on his coat, instinctively reaching into his pockets. Having confirmed that everything was still there, Harry moved towards the exit.
"It'll be good," Harry commented casually on his way out, turning to glance at Draco across his shoulder. His eyes briefly flickered towards the host, smiling at them in an unspoken thank you. Harry hadn't made the comment particularly about Teddy, but about everything in general; Draco being fully integrated in Harry's life was going to be nice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:38 pm 

Draco nodded, not entirely able to believe it, but still really wanting to. He really liked Harry and yet he had never dreamt of getting this far. It was nice but it included so much more than what he had bee prepared to give. He wasn't quite sure how he felt about it, but he would find out as he went.
"I hope so. Otherwise I might not want to come at all, if you don't think it'll be good that it," he said with a soft smile, as he held the door open for Harry to exit the restaurant.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:30 pm 

Harry grinned at that. "Of course it will be good," he countered casually, turning around as he passed Draco by the door.
Harry took a step backwards out onto the sidewalk, his eyes not leaving Draco as he moved. He was very confident about Teddy handling it well, but then again, that might have been because he hadn't been raised with much knowledge about the war. In reality, Harry had no real idea about how the Weasleys were going to take it.
In an attempt to push away those thoughts, Harry reached out to grab Draco's hand, gently tugging at the other until his waist was within reach. "And if it doesn't, then that's neither your fault or problem."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:58 pm 

"That is easy for you to say," Draco said in a soft voice, as he allowed himself to be pulled closer to Harry. It felt easier to be around Harry now, even if it never had been really hard. Harry was a great guy and Draco was happy that they finally managed to get a label on what they are.
"I really need to get along with Teddy though, because I know how important he is to you," he said, not wanting to show exactly how terrified he was, but he figured that Harry would be able to see right through him anyway. It was just very important to him that he would get along with Teddy, otherwise he knew that he wouldn't be able to stay in Harry's life. "Anyway, I really do have to go, but I am very excited to go to the aquarium with you two."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:11 pm 

Harry just hummed at that statement, deciding that if Draco was in a rush he should be the one to leave, and a pleased smile grew on Harry's features when that didn't seem to happen. Harry adjusted his grip around Draco's waist slightly pulling him further closer towards him.
Not really finding any words worth saying, Harry stretched to plant a kiss on Draco's lips. It wasn't particularly long, and soon their lips parted, but it was genuinely affectionate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:23 pm 

Draco felt comforted by the kiss, even if it was fairly chaste. It felt normal and it further cemented their new status. They were boyfriends and it was nice for Draco to know that they were actually boyfriends in more than just words. It also felt like they actually were boyfriends and that was great.
Even if he knew that he should get going, he still couldn't help but lean down and kiss Harry, not wanting to leave his presence just yet. He gently reached his gloved hands up to cup Harry's face, trying to keep the kiss chaste and appropriate for public, but it had been a while since he had gotten to kiss Harry, so that plan quickly failed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 51  Next