All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:33 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

It was starting to get late.

The sky flashed with lightning, and thunder roared overhead. The weather had said nothing about any thunderstorms occurring tonight. He didn’t mind standing out in the rain, but the sound of thunder did tend to make him a little jumpy whenever he was feeling anxious.

Waiting and being patient in general were not some of Azriel’s strong points. As he stood there leaned against his car, drenched from head to toe from the rain, which left a chill in his bones and the discomfort of his clothes clinging to him, he watched each and every car that passed by hoping that one would turn into the old parking lot that was the meeting place. Every now and then it appeared as though a car would stop, but simply passed by or used the lot as a shortcut instead. He was becoming increasingly annoyed at how late the people he was supposed to meet were, with each minute that passed. If the situation happened to be the other way around, he sure as hell would not keep anyone waiting on him.

There were a lot of reasons he disliked being out so late at night. Shady people tended to roam the streets. Having dealt with quite a few shady people, working with them and against them, he was well aware of the dangers of being out late at night. While the thought of being mugged wasn’t one that was particularly terrifying to him, it still made him uncomfortable. This was a great meeting spot, but it was in the middle of a lot of operations. Why the people who called him suggested this location, he had no idea. It almost seemed suspicious to come out here in an area like this. Their conversation would not be overheard, the security was not that tight around this area, but he couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable.

Never before had he felt so strongly about just getting this meeting over with as quickly as possible so he could go back home, dry off, and get some rest before carrying out whatever task he was given.

At long last a car rolled into the lot and pulled up beside him. Azriel could see three men inside and shifted slightly. Inwardly, he frowned, refusing to allow his expression to show anything other than neutral, his mind racing with a few thoughts. Why were there three men? Hadn’t he been told there was just going to be one person meeting him? It didn’t make sense to him at all. Whenever he met with someone, it was always one or two people. Maybe they were bodyguards? That would make sense if the man did not trust him. It was hard to trust people these days; some things never change over the years, and society is one of them. Yes, he was sure that these people did not trust him.

Silently, he thought it was a wise choice.

“I hope my tardiness hasn’t caused any issues.” The one who appeared to be the leader spoke in a low voice. “I’d offer you an umbrella, but I doubt it would do you any good.” He gestured to the two men flanking him, carrying umbrellas. One of the men was holding one up for him.

“At least you… showed up. I have to say, I was… starting to becoming worried.” Azriel ignored the fact that umbrellas had been brought up, not really caring that he was soaking wet anyway minus the chill, and forced a faint grin.

“Now, now, have some faith in me. I aim to please. I assure you, I wasn’t late on purpose… I was waiting for someone as well.”

“I see…”

The man’s lips looked like they were about to pull into a frown, but were quickly forced into a smile instead, “Now, to business then.” He gestured towards one of the men, who nodded to him and pulled a gun out of his jacket. The man’s smile widened slightly. “I called you because I wanted you to do a job, and then after we spoke for awhile, we had then agreed to meet… But it was all a lie.” For some reason, this didn’t come as much of a surprise to Azriel. Now that he thought of it, there had been something suspicious about their phone calls… He didn’t think much of it; he was use to suspicious calls. It came with the territory of being a hired gun after all.

Admittedly, Azriel has never seen a gun like this before. All sorts of weapons existed in this day and age, as the years rolled by.

Almost as if the man he been reading his mind, the man said, “I’m surprised that you were so quick to accept my invitation… and I’m glad. It’s about time someone takes out this mysterious assassin, a man who has managed to kill a lot of powerful people over the past few years.” There was a sinister grin on his face, and the atmosphere of the meeting changed. “This gun is our latest prototype… now that I’ve finally found a guinea pig to test it on…” His words trailed off. It was as if he was wondering what was on Azriel’s mind, perhaps irritated that he was remaining neutral instead of reaching for his own gun. Death threats were something Azriel was use to. They usually came with the territory of being a hired gun.

The man holding the gun leveled it at Azriel’s head. He didn’t even have time to react, before he knew what hit him, he was suddenly struck with a burning feeling in his chest. It felt like someone had taken a hot poker and impaled him with it. He dropped to his knees, trying as hard as he could not to give them the satisfaction of hearing him cry in pain. Pain was something he was able to handle pain very well, but that had come close to pushing his limit. Eyes watering a bit, he looked up at the three. The gun was still leveled at him, and they were all smiling, apparently satisfied by the results. Azriel, naturally, was not satisfied at all. He wanted to say something to them but the words were escaping him at the moment.

Next thing he knew, he was being dragged to his feet. The two men were holding him up, which was a good thing considering he felt like he was about to fall over without support. Something had been strapped to his chest and the man seemed to be doing something to the device.

The man spoke again, “It’s unfortunate that I have to do this.”

“Sir?” One of his goons cut in, his tone showing a bit of nervousness. “Are you sure you want to do that? If it fails…”

“I’m not worried about if failing.”

“But…”

“Have my inventions ever gone wrong?” There was a chuckle, which cut off Azriel trying to say anything. Not that he was in any state to respond, he still felt like he was on fire. “Now.” The man said, returning his attention to Azriel. “I’m sure you will be missed. You were a very skilled man who could have gone far, but caused too much trouble. I know it was your profession… such a shame…” The man put on a fake frown. “Ah… here we go.” The man was finally finished tweaking whatever he had placed on Azriel’s chest and backed away. There was a malicious grin on his face, and he looked as though he was examining his work. “Well, Azriel… this is good-bye.”

The man reached out and pressed a button on the device strapped to Azriel’s chest.

Suddenly, taken off guard yet again, Azriel felt himself being flung into the air so quickly he didn’t even have time to fully grasp what was happening to him. Then, there was the feeling of travelling, most likely flying, at a fast pace, faster than he has ever travelled before even in this day and age where fast travelling was a common thing. Everything around him had begun twisting horribly into a blur until it was completely distorted. His head felt like it was going to explode, a nauseating feeling clawing relentlessly at the inside of his stomach. His body started to feel hot again, unbearably hot, worse than he had felt when he had been shot, and then suddenly began to feel very cold. And then he felt like he was floating…

It was over no sooner had it happened. He was now lying on the ground panting heavily, eyes closed tightly. He was shaking uncontrollably and couldn’t move. Pain shot through every part of his body, which no longer felt like it was on fire, but frozen solid. When he got his wits about him, he opened his eyes. After lying there for a moment, he was finally able to muster the strength to get his feet, and did so slowly, warily.

Azriel felt shaky and unsteady while he stood. He took one step forward, staggered a bit, and then caught himself against a rock. Most of his shakiness was probably from the shock he felt when he noticed that he was no longer in Jerusalem. In fact, he was positive that he wasn’t even in Israel anymore. He appeared to be somewhere in the wilderness… But where? Where was he exactly? Now that he thought of it, he wasn’t even sure he was even on Earth anymore. This place somehow seemed different. While a few things looked similar, there were a few trees around he did not recognize, and the air seemed different. He was definitely not on Earth anymore. The thought caused him to suddenly be struck with a sense of dread.

And then he remembered something, that device… He still had that device on his chest. Looking down, he ripped the device that had been strapped onto his chest, his brow furrowed. It looked like some kind of teleportation thing that they equipped certain vehicles with; somehow it had been modified, and evidently he was the guinea pig. Well, the device had worked alright. He didn’t need to be told twice that he had been teleported. It was strange. Human teleportation was only supposed to go so far, and yet here he was. This was probably the most terrifying predicament he had been placed in, in a long time. He had no idea what he was going to do now; he was just going to follow what he was comfortable with.

That was all he could do, at least for the time being.

His hand shook a little as it reached for his gun, moving almost automatically, as if basic survival instinct was taking over. He had a feeling he was going to need it. He hardly noticed the sleek, black Desert Eagle, the design unchanged over the centuries, was firmly in his grasp until he was checking the clip. Taking in a deep breath, he straightened himself, as best he could. He still felt like he was going to fall over and remained against the rock for some support. When he looked down the sights, a holographic number twelve suddenly appeared above the gun. Good. He still had a full clip. Not that he had shot off any rounds, but it was still good to check nonetheless.

There had to be life on this planet, right? If there was… would anyone speak his language? He supposed the translator on his phone would suffice. Maybe…

Pushing that from his mind, he pushed off the rock and staggered slightly along the path, hoping to find some signs of civilization.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:56 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

The rain tickled the window, a soothing sound, if not for the constant bleeping of an angry phone. It rang and rang, even started shaking as it rang, until someone finally found the strength to pick it up. With the great reluctance a cracking voice answered after swiftly swiping the answer button. "...geez.....do you even know what time it is? What the hell is wrong with you..." grumbled Lucius. "Ugh.." Lucius turned around in bed, pulling up the sheets as he listened to the far too wake and happy voice on the other side. He hardly understood what the other was saying. His pal Drake was calling, about something he had found, but more of it Lucius couldn't understand. Lucius turned the screen of his phone and sighed again. Why, oh why, did that bugger chose to call in the middle of the night, whilst Lucius had to get up early in the morning? Drake always managed to wake Lucius in many ways whenever Lucius needed to get up early, despite not knowing Lucius his schedule.

"Drake.. Shush.. I want to sleep..." Lucius pleaded in vain. "...please... sshh.... go to bed.."
"Come on Lucius, don't be such a party pooper.. I know this is it! You'll love it! Come on.. At least come by and have a look, then I'll stop bothering you and you can go back to your boring sleep... Just fifteen minutes? Or ten, or even five! Just come by!"
Sighing again, Lucius grumbled "Fiiiine... I'll come.. But there better be something interesting or I'll be making it something interesting.."
Lucius hung the call and threw his phone on the nightstand, then turned around and pulled up his blanket. Just a bit more sleep. Having Drake wait for a bit longer couldn't hurt, could it? But a deep thunder roar awoke him instantly, ruining any chance on sleep. "...I hate you Drake.."

Zombie-like Lucius got dressed, spending way too much time in front of the mirror as he battled his hair. His white hair had decided it was a good moment to explode, or so it seemed. Lots of hair products managed to tame the white locks again. With his hair done he swiftly took care of the rest. Knowing Drake longer, he knew it was foolish to think he'd be getting any sleep this night before having to go to work. So he made sure he looked well enough for work.

Finally he began packing his bag. A phone, some miscellaneous items, another set of clothes and lots of sweets with a bottle of water. Quickly Lucius swung the bag onto his shoulder. He loved shoulderbags, they were so easy in use and matched most of his outfits. Just like his simple outfit now; darkblue jeans with a royal blue shirt and a short neat black waistcoat over it. Simple accessories finished his look. A quick flash of lighting convinced him to put on his black leather jacket.

Then he was ready to go. He headed out, but within the first steps he heard his phone buzzing again. It was Drake, apping him the address he needed to go. Shaking his head in frustration Lucius put his phone away. With his hands in his pockets he wandered along the pavement, until he finally reached the place. He wondered what it was that Drake had found at this site, it was merely an abandoned hospital, which had been closed down due to some accidents happening. Lucius walked along the fences placed around the old building, then entered where he saw a hole in the fence. Of course, Drake wouldn't have found something outside the hospital, Lucius was sure that Drake wouldn't even take the effort to step outside the hospital to wait for him, not in this weather.

'Why oh why did I go? I could have just silenced my phone.. Then I'd still be in my warm bed..' Lucius thought, as he rubbed over his tired eyes. The only positive thing right now, was that there was little light hurting his sleepy eyes around these corners. Of course, that also meant he couldn't quite see what lured in these bushes or what hid itself in those shadows, close to the wall. This unofficial path to the old hospital wasn't a reassuring path to take.. Steadily he walked faster and faster, until he almost ran to the entrance. No, Lucius wasn't scared.. or something.. Nah, the surroundings just had something very unsettling. As if he shouldn't be here. He had noticed before that old buildings had the habit to do this to him, making him feel haunted, eventhough there were none there: and he could know, as he was able to see ghosts.

Finally he reached the entrance. Some stone staircase led up to a huge building, which looked very bleak with the light from the sky, just grey, dark grey with dirty patches of algae. Some of the countless windows were broken, others were too dirty to see through or hand plants growing over them. Always interesting to see how quick nature took command again after humans left this place. Thinking about it, Lucius pushed the door open, which on its turn made a very heavy metal noise. "Hwwl..." With goosebumps all over Lucius continued the hallway. In the midst of the room he stood still, looking around and wondering where to go. There were so many paths to take..

"Hey! There you are!" yelled the cheery voice suddenly. A very startled Lucius turned to see a very hyped up Drake. He didn't even have time to see anything more than a big grin, before Drake pulled him along.
"Come on ya sleepy head! Been waiting long enough!" Drake laughed at him.
"Geez! Not so fast. I just woke up!" Lucius protested, still being dragged by Drake.
After some minutes they arrived at a room. "Would ya look at that? Isn't it pretty, isn't it marvelous???"
"...what?" Lucius frowned, looking around in the room. Just a plain room. Almost completely empty, except for a panel on the side of the wall and a huge platform in the middle of the room. The platform seemed to have small diamond shaped patterns on it, but it was hard to see with only the emergency light helping them out in the darkness.

"Don't you see? Don't you see it Lucius?! It's teleporter! You know, one of the first! That's what they had here all the time, that's what made those accidents. Don't you see, this treasure?! With just a bit of tweaking it, we'll be able to make our own teleports, think of it, saving all that money and even making some in the process haha" Drake made all sorts of big hand gestures along the conversation, trying to get Lucius just as excited, in which he failed.

Mildly interested, not because of what Drake said, Lucius walked closer to the platform. He crouched near it and gently tapped the surface. It seemed to be dead anyway. It made a soft sound, alike tapping on a wineglass. Curiously Lucius stood on it, tapping his feet on it. He grinned, it was making a soft sound with each step. Whilst Lucius was just playing around on the platform, wondering if it made different noises if he tapped different on it or perhaps a bit harder, Drake was fooling around with the controlpanel, after which suddenly the light of the platform flashed on. As Lucius covered his eyes with his sleeve and cursed at the sudden brightness of it, the platform started to rotate. Once realizing so, Lucius tried to jump off it, but it was too late. A pulsing high noise filled the room and the light got brighter and brighter as the room seemed to fade away. Lucius couldn't move, it felt as if he had been packed under pressure. He held his breath as colours flashed by and he felt panic arising, unknowing what the hell was going on. If he could scream, he'd probably curse Drake with the most creative cusses, but all he could do, was watch and hope this was over soon.

Not long after he could see more colours around him, slowly forming more and more. Then came the terrifying realization that he was actually falling down from the sky as he spun round. He tried to stretch his arms, seeking anything at all to hold on to, to break his fall before reaching the ground at this deadly speed. Some tree-like forms met him halfway, one by one their arms snapped at the combination of his weight and speed as he tumbled down. Eventually they did manage to slow his fall. Eventually, he just fell a feet after hitting the last branch-like structure and landed on the ground, where he lay as he tried to puzzle out what the hell just happened. His head also took the necessary time, before everything stopped twisting and turning. Only then did he manage to sit up and glance around in amazement, whilst feeling his sore body throbbing. Just as he sat up, he fell back to the ground too, with a deep growl. He reckoned one would feel like this after doing a triathlon of a week within a day without any preparation or condition and after that, having fallen down the highest tower into the sea; feeling completely broken, out of breath, dizzy and disorientated.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:12 am 

Administrator

Azriel stumbled forward when his foot bumped a large rock. The terrain here was pretty rough compared to Earth and moving around was difficult as there was no set path. He was sure that this place was probably abandoned. Normally, he would have been quick enough to put his hands out to break his fall, or recover, but being as out of it as he was caused such things to slip his mind. He met the ground with a thud and let out a soft breath. Pain shot through his ribs again, around where the device had been.

He let out a hoarse cough and rolled onto his back. The more he thought about it, the more he wondered just how far from civilization he had been taken.

Space travel has been possible for the past few hundred years or so. It has come a very long way, though FTL travel was still just now being touched upon. Many different planets have been discovered, and studied, in that time as well, but space was an enormous place. He could have ended up anywhere, and it would be just his luck if he had ended up on some undiscovered planet. Unfortunately, the longer he was here, the more he was convinced that he in fact had landed on some undiscovered planet. There might not even be any life forms capable of human speech here. But he wanted to have hope.

Azriel’s anger built up as he thought of the men who had sent him to this place. There was a glower on his face, his hands balling into fists. As soon as Azriel got out of this mess, he was going to hunt down the men who sent him here, and dismember them piece by piece. He did give them points for being creative. Out of all the attempts to get rid of him, this had certainly done the job better than anything. He would be sure to give credit where credit was due when he returned. If he returned… if… He had to push his thoughts aside for now and focus on finding civilization.

He slowly got up onto his feet. It took him a moment to find his balance again, but was off again once he did.

All sense of time had been lost after awhile. It appeared as though he was going in a circle, yet Azriel pressed on, following the path, through the forest. His thoughts wandered to this place. Soon, he was immersed in looking out for danger. His heart was still pounding, and he was sure that the device had screwed him up more than he realized; he could hear things in the distance. Or, it could also be anxiety kicking in. This was a new place after all. Strange noises aside, however, his vision was just fine.

Something landed a few feet from him, plummeting from a tree, nearly scaring the hell out of him. Azriel took a few steps back and stepped behind a tree. Keeping out of sight, he eyed the stranger carefully. Who the hell..? Never had he expected to see someone so soon. Were they from around here perhaps? Could he get directions or something from them? Or maybe he should stay away… that option seemed to be the best one, in his mind.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:47 pm 

Impatiently Lucius lay on the ground, waiting for his body to recover. He'd try getting up again, when he had caught his breathe again. And perhaps, he thought, wait until this dizziness would disappear. He wondered where his bag had gone off to, as he should feel it underneath his back, but it wasn't there. That was probably a good thing, preventing his back from being broken in his hellish fall down from the sky, but on the other hand, he did start to feel pretty hungry.

Lucius glanced around. He didn't know where he was, though it looked nice. Almost as if someone had dropped him into the scenery of a movie of perhaps.. could this be a holodeck? One of those rooms, filled with holograms merely to give on the experience as if they were in some exotic place? Mhm.. That could be a lot of fun, depending on which program they were playing. He wouldn't want to end up in a dinosaur program..

After some minutes the dizziness had faded and he was breathing normally again. Only the pain of the fall and the disorientation remained, but he was pretty sure they would remain. His clothes hadn't exactly been made for these kinds of things.. Carefully Lucius pushed himself up again, first sitting straight to have a closer look to the damage. His dark blue jeans and his loved leather jacket both had numerous cuts in them, some just like scratches, others completely cutting through the material. He looked at his hands. They didn't feel painful, but he reckoned they should, as they were in a hue of red. As if he had played a game of tug-of-war too enthusiastic.. They felt quite warm. He sighed deeply whilst thinking sarcastically 'Oh joy..'. Why had he even thought it was a good idea to grasp tree branches with the speed he had been crashing down?

With some movements he could conclude he hadn't broken anything, just loads of bruises and here and there some cuts. Carefully he got up on his feet, gently stretching himself as he did so. His balance was better than he had expected it to be. Slowly he glanced around, noticing the rough ground, with here and there rocks sprouting. Then his look went up, checking out the marvelous plants and trees he spotted. Some trees reminded him of rainbow Eucalyptus, with their strange multi-hued appearance: green, brow, blue, purple, orange, red.. It didn't really seem to have a system, as each had its own color pattern. With his head almost against his back he glanced up at where he had fallen from. He could only see the trees and not the sky itself. But enough light came through the trees and some of the trees seemed to have fruits to them. Mhm. He liked the designer of this holodeck. (Of course, the idea that this was a holodeck didn't explain how he had gotten here nor where it was, but it felt saver to believe that for now. At least holodecks had programmed safety measures..)

"Ah, my bag!" Lucius exclaimed to himself, as he spotted it hanging loosely in one of the tree branches. Usually Lucius started talking to himself when he felt watched. But feeling watched didn't give him any suspicion or anxiety, as he was used to it. Ghosts had a habit of watching people anyway.

With a sloppy walk he got himself over to the tree. He wondered whether they had changed the gravity in this place or whether his legs were simply so tired. The walking itself was so heavy, asking so much more of him than it should normally. But as he didn't spot nor hear anyone around him, he had no one to ask either. When he had finally reached the tree, he was pretty tired.. Even more so when he realized his bag was too high up for him to reach. He didn't feel like climbing the tree. And as this was quite a big tree, kicking it wouldn't help out enough either, Lucius reasoned. He scratched over the back of his head, his hair was messed up anyway. How was he going to get his bag back.. Perhaps he could push it off that branch with another branch, surely, on his way down, he had broken enough branches, so there should be one long enough near him on the ground, shouldn't there?

So while happily humming a useless tune, he started his quest to find a branch that would suit the job. When he'd get his bag back, he could have a stroll around to check for the exit of this holodeck, he told himself to keep his spirits up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:36 am 

Administrator

Whoever was there started to come closer.

This put Azriel in a rather tough spot. If he kept his current position, he knew for sure that he would be spotted. If he moved there was a chance he might be heard. He knew he would be fine if he kept his distance either way; he did have his gun. Up close, he had no idea how he would fare. This person looked formidable and he was still feeling rather out of it. Hell, for all he knew this could be just some kind of hallucination or something created by that device to throw him off.

But since he had already come to the conclusion that those men wanted him gone, he doubted that. He could try to convince himself otherwise, but it wouldn’t do any good. The reality of the situation was that he was no longer on Earth.

Much to Azriel’s relief, he had not been spotted; the stranger’s attention appeared to be elsewhere. The stranger had said something about a bag and turned his back to him. He took that moment to step out of his hiding spot. His eyes followed where the stranger was searching and noticed there was a bag hanging a few feet above the ground. It had gotten caught on a tree branch. With a little force, the branch looked like it would snap easily. When the stranger began looking around, Azriel went back into hiding.

Azriel got a crazy thought in his head just then. What if he got to the bag before the stranger? There could be supplies in that bag. It would be a huge relief if there was something that could help him fight off whatever the hell that device had done to him. He thought he would be able to manage it. But, evidently, he had thought wrong. He felt like he was getting worse and worse by the minute. Anything would do, as long as he was able to think straight again.

One glance told him the stranger was too preoccupied to notice if he made a move now. He looked up the tree. It was a pretty good distance, but he was sure he could climb it in no time. It would be just like when he was a kid, getting into trouble while climbing the trees that were preserved around Jerusalem with his brother. Then again, in the state he was in now, climbing up might not be such a good idea. He wasn’t sure how well he’d be able to balance himself once he made it.

He started to move a little close, taking care to remain unseen as he did so. Climbing was out of the option. But maybe… maybe he could shoot it down.

Hoping it would work, Azriel aimed his gun at the bag and went for it. It took a few shots before the bag finally dropped to the ground. Hoping that the stranger had been taken by surprise, Azriel sprinted for the bag as quickly as he could.

He kept his gun, which now displayed the number ‘nine’ above the sights, in front of him as he took a few steps back. There was no way this guy would hand over the bag so easily. When he tried to speak, it came out as a cough. Damn. Did whatever side effects this device was doing to him **** up his voice, too? He hoped not… Not being able to communicate was going to cause even more issues, something he did not need right now. He was praying that there was something in this bag that could help, more than ever now.

As he slowly moved backward,focusing on the stranger as best he could, he was unaware that his nose had started bleeding.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:06 pm 

Mhm.. The branches that lay close to Lucius were all either too short or too weak looking. How difficult could it be to find a matching stick to plunge his bag down? He sighed as he glanced back at his bag, hanging in the tree. Perhaps he should use something else.. But what then? ...or attempt to climb the tree. As he was thinking and watching his bag, suddenly several shots rang, apparently aimed at the branch his bag was hanging on, as it came falling down. Lucius was too startled by the fact that someone had just shot to realize soon enough what this person was doing. The stranger, appearing to be a male human, rushed towards his bag. So, there had been someone watching, Lucius thought to himself.

"Oi mate! That's mine!" Lucius exclaimed, as the man moved back with his bag. It did come to mind that it might be stupid to talk to a stranger with a gun like that. The guy looked pretty shady too, the middle Eastern type with a strange look in his eyes. The stranger had a chaotic feeling to him but yet at the same time he had this intimidating glare to Lucius. Lucius frowned at him. The stranger had said nothing upon taking the bag, just gave a cough. Pfft. As if a cough were a way of claiming his bag, utterly ridiculous!

Though it would probably be best not to get this stranger mad, Lucius also realized that without his phone, he couldn't call for help. Without his sweets, he was soon to faint. Without water, he surely wouldn't last long either. Though for now he wanted to believe this was just a holodeck, even if it was, he still didn't know where this holodeck was. So getting his bag back could be a matter of life and death.

Lucius raised his hands a bit, so the stranger could see he wasn't armed. It was best to be careful with this, the strange was armed! The stranger looked pretty messed up, and its nose even began bleeding. But all the stranger seemed to be concerned about, was to keep Lucius at a distance. However, Lucius slowly moved closer. "Now I don't mind sharing, but that bag and its content is mine and I doubt my clothes fit you that well. Besides, how the hell am I going to get out of here when you've got my phone there? Then at least be as polite as to tell me which way to walk to get out of this wacky forest. Or wait, you don't know either, or do you? I mean, why would you even bother stealing my dull looking bag if you knew the way out of here?" Lucius wondered, knowing he might be talking a bit too much.

"Oh, by the way, you've got blood coming from your nose. Instead of focusing on me, it might be smarter to have a look at that. Thinking about it, you don't look that well at all. What did you do? Plunged from the sky too?" Lucius joked, though he didn't expect that the guy came here the same way as he had.

Something told him his holodeck thought was getting less realistic by the minute. That guy surely didn't look like a hologram.. So what did that guy here? Was this a holodeck at all? And if it wasn't.. What was this then? It made him wonder whether he was still on earth. If he wasn't ... well... that maybe that wasn't even a human.. Maybe it just looked like it. Maybe it was- Lucius quickly shut down those thoughts. He had really watched too many horror movies.. Though mostly he'd use it to freak out his freaks and pull tricks on visitors of the store, but now it was far from funny to know so many different options, of what this person could be if it wasn't human. And practically all of those options drastically decreased his survival chance..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:25 am 

Administrator

When the stranger moved closer, Azriel moved back again. He didn’t have the intentions of shooting the stranger. However, if it came down to it, he probably would. Was he a local on this planet? Part of him was hoping he was, but then again that would make things harder on him if he did decide to shoot him. He didn’t know what kind of law enforcement was here and didn’t have any intentions of finding out either.

When it was mentioned there were clothes in the bag, he tried to speak again. Once more, his voice failed him, there was just more coughing. It was difficult to keep his gun aimed at the stranger. To keep focused, he thought of the bag, and the contents inside. He… He… he did not want to believe he had taken something as useless to him as clothes. He felt a strong desire to look and see if that was true. Could he have grabbed something as simple as clothes?

More importantly… Wait… bloody nose?

He was unable to help it. Dropping the bag to free his hand, he wiped his nose with the back of his hand. Sure enough, there was blood. “What..?” He finally managed to speak, but his voice sounded hoarse. The blood was trickling steadily, but it was enough to be bothersome and would get worse if left untreated. He suddenly felt himself swaying slightly where he stood, feeling weak in the knees. Blood was something he could handle well… but…

Azriel shook his head and returned his attention to the stranger. He was going to reach for the bag again when he mentioned something interesting: plunging from the sky. How could he have possibly known that he was not from here? He doubted this guy had any idea what he had just been through. Unless he could read his mind, which he also doubted, then there was just no way. It had to be coincidence, right? Well, whatever it was, he did know that this was no laughing matter.

“How… How did you… know?” The words slipped out before he could catch himself. He was silent for a moment, feeling something strange moving through his body again. He shivered, the gun trembling in his hand. “How did…” He repeated, is voice weaker this time. He was trying to tell himself that this guy didn’t know. But the words refused to come out; his throat felt dry. Something to drink would be nice right about now…

Something new clicked in his mind: why was this man not in the same state as he was?

He spoke again, “How are you…” This time, it was a whisper and he couldn’t finish the thought. A wave of nausea hit him. This time it had been enough to bring him to his knees, and he vomited. Combined with the bloody nose, he was nearly gasping for air.

What the hell? There had to be something more to this. If he could hold out, he was going to get to the bottom of this.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:07 am 

'Should I ...?' Lucius wondered, as he saw the bag drop from the stranger's hand. But no. The stranger still had a gun, the bag was still too close to the stranger. It was too dangerous. Lucius didn't think he'd be fast enough at this point to make it. And what use would his bag be to him, if he were shot dead?

So with all the patience he could muster, he kept his attention on the stranger. He was feeling rather nervous at this whole happening. As if randomly ending up here wasn't bad enough already, including how wrecked he felt, he wasn't used to being threatened by a gun, let alone by someone wielding it who'd actually seemed pretty capable to use it against him. And he had seen the number above it, moments before. Nine shots, well.. even for the worst shooter, that should be more than enough to get rid of Lucius, at this close distance.. Getting rid of that gun was definitely his main target, after that, he'd get the bag. Or so he hoped.

Very steadily he kept coming closer to the man, who had a very puzzled look on his face. But finally the man did speak, more than just a single word. And in a language understandable to Lucius. That was a good thing, he guessed. It increased the chanced of the stranger being just a human.
"How did I know what?" Lucius frowned. He stood still for a moment, thinking about what the man said. He tilted his head slightly. "I was just joking .. I mean.. There's no logic that you'd have fallen from the sky too..but.. you did fall from the sky?" Lucius wondered, with a very silly expression on his face as it had surprised him. It was curious that they had both ended up here, falling from the sky. Of course, both being here was already weird, but this made it even strange. It confused Lucius even more. Where could this place be? Where were they? And had that guy also used a teleportation platform that was dysfunctional ? Or perhaps it hadn't really been dysfunctional, perhaps it had been set to teleport to this place.. But then even more questions arose, like why his friend wanted him teleported away to some faraway place. He didn't think he had **** off his friend that much. Well.. not lately anyway.. So for his situation it wasn't logical, but looking at the man, yes, he could completely understand why someone would want to sent a gun-wielding individual some place faraway.

Lucius hesitated as the man's condition seemed to be deteriorating. Though the bleeding nose should have served as some kind of warning already, the man now trembled, falling down onto his knees and vomited. Lucius wanted to help out, because the guy didn't seem well at all.. But what if the guy would shoot him?

Biting his lip he decided he shouldn't be such a wimp. Giving others death scares with each opportunity he got in his store, and telling them they shouldn't be such scaredy-cats, he simply couldn't step back now. It might be terribly stupid to help this guy out, but eitherway, he couldn't just leave him here, regardless of the threat the guy posed. Lucius stepped closer as he asked "Are you alright?" But realizing the stupidity of his question, he face slapped himself. "No, of course you're not alright, it's a stupid question, I know. I mean. You look like ****." he added, getting a churting mood. Really.. the complete lack of elegance of his words..

Lucius got over to the man and picked up his own bag. He rummaged in it, getting out his bottle of water. He reckoned that the man could use some, whenever the guy would be done vomiting. Lucius was glad he had a strong stomach, as that vomit stench was the real deal, even making his stomach a bit uncomfortable. He offered the man the bottle of water, holding it in the man's sight, of course, near the hand with the weapon, in hope the man would release the weapon, so Lucius could quickly pick it up and throw it away. But for now he had to remain his neutral concerned look, so the man wouldn't notice he was actually keen on throwing that gun away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:44 am 

Administrator

Azriel glanced at the water bottle warily after he had finished vomiting. Taking that bottle was very tempting, and he had to stop himself from reaching for it immediately. He was feeling dehydrated from that vomiting. Who wouldn’t? The back of his throat burned, his mouth felt dry, and he was very shaky. His hoarse voice was another reason he should take that water. It would certainly help to get him back on his feet and communicate properly. But… he wasn’t sure he wanted to take it. Why was man so keen on giving it to him?

Moments ago, he had tried to take that bag thinking there was something in there that could help him. The stranger did not know this of course. Or so he was sure anyway, he really couldn’t say for sure what he was thinking. Honestly, he almost felt bad about it, if only because it was not in his nature to steal. He had been desperate for something, anything, to help him get out of his state. Quite frankly, he still was. Now that it was willingly handed to him every part of him was saying to take that water.

Of course, Azriel thought, it could be a trick. This was a strange place, he should not trust it. But the desperate side got the better of him this time. He took the bottle.

Once he did that, Azriel moved away from the stranger, and the pile of vomit, and went to sit on a log that was nearby. He drank over half the bottle in a few swallows, capped it, and then set it down in front of him. Kicking it back over to the stranger was tempting. After concluding that it would be rude of him to do so, however, he decided against it. All he needed right now was some relaxation. Quite frankly, Azriel didn’t have the energy to do anything more. It was as if stealing the bag had used up what little energy he had.

Azriel was still taking slow breaths through his mouth on account of his bloody nose. He kept his head lowered, and eyes closed. The gun was held loosely in his grasp but not fully relaxed. He remained vigilant. If there were any sudden movements, that would give him a good reason, he would shoot. Hopefully this would pass soon and he could figure out how to get out of here.

“Tell me…” he said as softly as he could with his voice still hoarse. “Do you have any idea where I am?” He figured it would not hurt to ask, and it might have seemed out of the blue after trying to steal from him. The water was not an ice breaker; he was still very much on edge. But, with some hope, maybe, just maybe, this guy could tell him where the hell he was. Perhaps he could reroute that device, find a way to fix any damage, and then be back to Earth.

It sounded like a logical idea. He wasn’t very knowledgeable in teleportation, but he hoped it would work out.

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:57 pm 

The guy took hold of the water bottle and moved over to a log just several steps away. Lucius glanced down at the distasteful pile of vomit, which had traces of blood in and on it thanks to the guy's bloody nose. Lucius stood straight, making sure to keep his bag with him, so the stranger couldn't take it a second time, and he too moved then, just a few steps aside from it, so it didn't smell that strong anymore. There he crouched, rumbling through his bag until he got to the package of sweets he wanted. He opened up a bag full of toffees and started munching on them. Though politeness urged him to offer it to the stranger, he wasn't about to offer his energy reserve to that guy. He had already offered the guy his water, and who knew how much the guy would actually drink of it. And he didn't really dare to reclaim it, since his plan to get the gun out of the game had failed. It was as if the guy had known Lucius wanted to throw away the gun. Or was it logical to keep hold of the gun and not put it down? Lucius didn't know, he had never had a gun and he surely didn't feel inclined to get one either. Nasty things, those guns. Personally, he liked daggers and swords more. But not to use, just to decorate rooms with. Lucius was far from a fighter in any other way than whilst cosplaying or larping, though those were rare situations.

As Lucius eagerly ate the toffees, he kept a watchful eye on the stranger. The guy still looked unhealthy, but less bad than moments ago. It seemed the vomiting had helped the guy somewhat, just as the water had. It was good to see, well.. Sort of good to see. Lucius didn't wish anything bad upon the man, but the better the man felt, the more of a threat he'd become to Lucius. Normally Lucius didn't view people like that, but he reckoned it already took a different mindset to actually have a gun like that one and take it along. Why would one take it along if they didn't plan on using it? Then it would be useless.. So it was safe to assume the guy was in some sort of shady business. Cops wouldn't take a guns like that, nor would they look like that, or would they?

Then Lucius stopped his thoughts, realizing they were getting quite judgemental about the guy, whilst in all honesty, he just didn't know this person. He couldn't know what the guy was like. All he knew, was what he had seen and it was futile to let his mind run off like that, almost giving him paranoia about each move the guy made. It was just silly. He realized that this whole situation was challenging him and putting him on edge.

"Mhm?" Lucius turned his head as the guy started talking. He stilted his head somewhat, causing a sharp stab of muscle ache to shoot through his body. He lay his hand partly on his shoulder and neck, trying to massage it to get the pain away. "Look mate," Lucius started, as he released a sigh, "If I had known where this place is, I wouldn't have asked you minutes ago. I surely wouldn't have stayed here either. Nothing against you, but it's not really a hobby of mine to get lost in forests and meet a dude on edge with a gun." Lucius replied, trying to keep it light, but some frustration was showing.

"We already got to the conclusion that we both fell from the sky." Lucius chuckled at it, shaking his head. It was just all too absurd to conceive. He almost wondered whether he had accidentally taken in drugs or something. That actually, he wasn't here in this strange forest with this possibly dangerous dude, but he was actually tripping in his bedroom or on his couch. Man, that should be fun to watch, acting like the living room would be this forest and.. oh my, what damage would he have made, when 'falling' from the sky?

"I wouldn't mind some answers either. The thing is, I don't have answers. I don't know why I got here, I don't know where we are.. I don't even know if this is all real or whether I'm having a hallucination of some sort..." Lucius sighed, rummaging through his bag again until he found his phone. He unlocked the screen and attempted to connect, but there was no signal at all. Though this model should have a signal everywhere on earth, it should even have a signal in the deepest seas and caves.. With another sigh he tried to open up the compass. For a moment the screen showed normally, before the arrow started to twist around insanely, unable to decide what North and South was. "...weird.." Lucius mumbled. He knew these things all pointed towards it that he wasn't on earth anymore, just like other things had already told him. But he was in denial. The illusion that this actually was earth, meant there was still a chance to get back home. The realization that this wasn't earth anymore, also brought the horrible realization that they'd probably be left to their own devices, unable to reach out for help, unable to get back to their civilization.. And then the question arose, what beings would life here, as obviously, the air seemed good enough for them, then it should be good enough for other life forms too. And how about food, about water? There was no guarantee they could even find what they needed to survive. Everything here could be pure poison to them and living on the mere supplies he had.. well.. they wouldn't last long then.. He remained silent, as he no longer fought the realization, letting it sink in. He stared at his phone screen, the hope that it would suddenly give off a signal, the hope that it would suddenly receive messages or even simple show a working compass, was slowly dying with each moment.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:33 am 

Administrator

So, this guy didn’t know either. It was just Azriel’s luck that he would find someone who was completely useless. He let out an irritated sigh and ran a shaky hand through his hair. He was sweating and his hair felt greasy. The temptation of taking what remained of the water and pouring it over his head was appealing. He would have, too, if not for the thought of needing it. So he kept the bottle where it was, untouched, free for the stranger to retrieve it if he ever decided he wanted to come and take it back.

“Wonderful…” Azriel let out a groan and lowered his gaze. He continued to let out steady breaths, trying to steady himself. Mostly so he could think straight as well. There were things in his head that were fuzzy, like something rattling around in his skull. If he suffered permanent damage from this, he wouldn’t be surprised. If he did, it would give him that much more motivation to rip those assholes apart limb from limb. The thought made him unconsciously grip his gun tighter again.

Then he felt something warm drop onto his hand and realized his nose was still bleeding.

This bloody nose was driving him crazy. He pinched the bridge of his nose and tilted his head back, holding his breath.

“Sitting around here is not getting anything accomplished,” he said, mostly to himself. Slowly, he stood up, picking up the water bottle as he got to his feet, and walked a few steps. His legs felt a lot better than they had moments ago much to his relief. That bit of water had done a lot of good for him. He looked at the bottle, as if contemplating whether or not he actually would drink it down. In his mind, however, he was not really thinking about drinking water. No, this situation called for something… stronger.

Azriel holstered his gun, no longer seeing a need for it. This stranger, who had somehow ended up in the same situation, didn’t have much to offer aside from the water. “I… appreciate you offering me something to drink,” he said, finally returning the water. About forty-five percent was gone from the bottle. If he was lucky, maybe he would find a water source in this forest. At least, that made sense to him considering how lush and green this place was. There had to be more water around here somewhere.

He started walking off, retracing his steps back to where he started, beginning his search for that device. He only vaguely recalled tossing it somewhere…

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:33 pm 

The stranger said something again, but Lucius hadn't been paying attention. Lucius put away his phone, wondering if he could even use it for anything at all, and looked at the stranger, who had gotten up on his feet and had started walking. Apparently the guy had some plan or something. It would have been useful to pay attention. He looked at the bottle of water the guy returned with some hesitation. Lucius gave him a nod as he accepted the water bottle back. It seemed about half of it was still left. This meant Lucius had to search for something drinkable soon enough. He wondered if there was any sign of living or dead around here. Even a corpse would be useful.

"It's okay. You needed it" Lucius simply replied, feeling more comfortable now the gun was put away. It wasn't an immediate threat anymore, allowing Lucius to focus on different things.

Popping one more toffee in his mouth and putting some in the pockets of his damaged jacket, he then closed his bag again and swung it gently on his back. He was feeling pretty tired. But then again, how many hours had he actually been able to sleep before drake had called him? And not to forget, this whole new experience didn't leave him untouched either.

Lucius his eyes followed the stranger, who walked off pretty confident, as if he knew the way. Just before the guy disappeared from sight, Lucius forced himself to get up and follow him. It would be best to stay together for now. That guy could taste new things first and if he died, it would be no problem at all. Mhm, yes! That was a good idea. Quickly he hurried after the man, almost tripping over his own feet as he did so. The ground was slightly unpredictable, with plants eagerly travelling over the ground here and there.

"Where are you heading?" Lucius wondered, as he followed the man. Just to make a conversation, he asked "And how did you end up here, I mean, before falling down?" The man didn't quite look like a chatty person, but of course, Lucius could be wrong. Any talk now was welcome though, to keep him busy until he'd find something along the road to help him. It was difficult to think of all he needed if he wanted to survive here, so he kept to the two main problems, water and food.

With each step it took more effort to do the next step as his muscles were getting stiff and actually moving hurt him as he had numerous bruises due to his fall. It seemed that the adrenaline of falling was now slowly wearing off, making him more aware of his pain as his bruises were slowly swelling. Yet Lucius pressed on in bid to keep up with the man. He hoped the feeling would wear off if he kept on walking.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:06 am 

Administrator

Azriel should have expected the stranger to follow him. They were two people in the same situation, so sticking together was probably the best idea. If he got lost in this place at least he wouldn’t be alone. The thought made him chuckle. He might not know this area but he didn’t have the intensions of getting lost.

“I need to find something,” he said in reply, making a hand gesture while he spoke, as if he was trying to conjure the thought and make it appear in front of him. “A… device the size of plate. It is used for teleportation.” That was the best way he could describe it, and figured that bit at the end would cover everything. Maybe he was trying to feel optimistic about the possibility this stranger knew something about it. To be honest, conversation was the farthest thing from his mind right now. He was in full survival mode.

When he wasn’t being reminded of these shitty aftereffects, Azriel’s mind was going over everything he had learned in the military. He was going to need to keep his wits about him if he was going to get out of here. They both were. Something deep down was telling him this situation would only get worse. It always got worse, didn’t it? Hell, of course it could, it always got worse before it got better. Azriel knew better than to think he would be back to Earth any time soon.

They reached the area where the device supposedly was a little further. It wasn’t as far as Azriel had thought.

Azriel looked at the stranger over his shoulder, “Keep an eye out for it…” He murmured, “It should… be around here somewhere. I do not remember exactly where I had thrown it to be honest.” The stranger could make himself useful if he insisted on tagging along. Two heads were better than one as that old saying goes. They would cover a lot more ground this way, assuming whatever was lurking in this forest, if there was something, hadn’t found it and claimed it for their self.

Briefly, he wondered what kind of technology was available on this planet, if any at all. Would that technology be better than what Earth had, on par? Was it worse? It would be nice if it was the former. If they were to come across an advanced civilization, they could probably get on a ship and get out of here. Though, he imagined that would be rather expensive. He only had so much in his wallet, and was sure, if there was an advanced civilization here, his currency wouldn’t be accepted.

After a few minutes passed, he managed to find that damned thing at last. “Finally,” He picked it up and examined it carefully. Looking at it made him want to vomit again, but he managed to hold himself back from that and focus on the device. From what he gathered, it hadn’t been damaged. If he wanted to use it again that was good news at least. But he had no idea how to even work it, or if it would even work again. It could be a one-way ticket.

Just as they had intended, he figured.

Holding the device up in front of the stranger, he said, “I do not know how to work it, but I am sure it could get us out of here…” He really, really hoped that it wasn’t a one-way ticket…

View Likes PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:15 am 

A teleportation device at the size of a plate.. Lucius tried to imagine it, but he wasn't sure what to expect from it. He looked around, as he followed the stranger. He didn't need to be told to keep an eye out for it, as he was already doing so. As the stranger was so focused on it, Lucius assumed the stranger believed it would help them getting out of here. Otherwise the stranger would probably be more focused on food and water. At least, that guy seemed to know what he was doing, which was quite the opposite of Lucius.

Wandering around he gently pushed aside plants here and there, in search for the device. He wondered why the guy had thrown it away if he was now so keen on finding it. But as he couldn't read minds, that remained one of the many things he could only guess about.

"Mhm" Lucius turned as the stranger said something. Quite some metres away he could see the stranger, with something in his hands. Carefully Lucius walked back through the plants to have a look at what the stranger was holding..

Curiously he looked at it. "Did such a small device really teleport you here?" he asked surprised. How could such a small device have the power to teleport someone to another planet? Lucius had expected that would take a lot more energy than that which such a device could keep or generate.

"So... do you have any knowledge about teleportation devices?" Lucius carefully asked. If the guy knew not what he was doing, than it was useless. Lucius could easily make devices that made certain sounds or spooky effects, even bombs weren't too difficult for him. He had done so numerous times for pranking purposes. But teleportation? That wasn't his speciality. Otherwise he would probably have known better than to stand on that teleportation device.

That reminded him.. The hospital had been closed off due too.. 'accidents'. But what if all accidents were related to the teleportation device he had stood on? What if all people using it, had ended up here? That would mean that maybe there were more of them. Maybe they had already settled here, or found a way to return. Then all they had to do, was simply find wherever the others had landed, wherever the others had made a settlement. ..eh.. 'Simply'...

And what if they had died already? The hospital had been closed off for quite some while already. Well of course their bodies could be useful, but then it wouldn't help him back home at all. Mhm, where would their spirit go off to? Would they return to Earth or linger here?

However, none of this would help them, until they'd actually come across something, proving that which Lucius suspected.

Lucius took another toffee from the pocket of his jacket and began chewing on it, as he wandered a bit further, just looking up and around, if there were any fruits or such.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:55 am 

Administrator

Azriel sighed heavily, “What do you think?” If such a device was incapable of teleportation, then he wouldn’t be here in this situation now. He thought that much should have been pretty damn obvious. Still… it did make him think a little. Had this thing really been a one-way ticket after all? He couldn’t help but let the thought linger in his mind. Never returning home… the thought terrified him, even though he would never admit it. He wanted to go home more than anything even if he never filleted the bastards who sent him here.

As soon as the question was asked, Azriel frowned and ran a hand through his hair, “Son of a ****ing,” This was just fantastic. He was already in a pretty foul mood and that had not helped it at all, though some part of him had expected this. It would have saved them one hell of a hassle if the strange knew how to work this device. They could be out of here, and have gone their separate ways by now. It would have been nice. But no, it wasn’t going to be as easy as that. He should have known better than to think positive, he thought.

“No, I… do not know how to work this device,” he said. He decided to leave it at that. There was no use sitting around and talking about it, and figured his silence would be enough of an answer. If he had known how to work the device, he would have gotten to it. He was an assassin, not someone who was tech savvy, he wouldn’t have known. Come to think of it, that was probably the point. Perhaps that was one of the things that frustrated him the most about this damned situation.

But he didn’t dwell on the thought.

“In any case, we should… search for civilization,” Azriel went, speaking in a softer tone this time, or, well, as softly as he could muster with his annoyance rising. Keeping a neutral tone was becoming increasingly difficult. He tucked the device under his arm and looked around the forest, trying to find anything that would lead them… Well, he wasn’t sure where it would lead them. This forest looked dense and it didn’t appear as though there was any path leading through it aside from the one they were on. Knowing his luck, he would probably end up going in circles for hours.

The first thing he wanted to do was find some food and water. Would there even be anything edible around here? While he was sure there was plenty to eat, it might not be anything a human being could eat. There was a chance that there might not even be any humans here at all, and he would be killed by some ancient, forgotten alien life forms.

He seemed to be hoping for a lot of things lately… Damn. There just had to be a way to get out of this. He was thinking that a lot as well. The best thing to do now was try to find a way to calm down. Taking deep breaths would be a good start, and he did. He relaxed his body, took a few deep breaths, remained in that ‘survival mode’ and continued looking for… something that would point them in some kind of direction. Another thing he was hoping for.

If they couldn’t find food, at least they might have some water.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:46 pm 

"What I think?" Lucius repeated, his eyes going forth. "It's a miracle if that thing got you here. I don't know how it would have the power for such. I mean, it's so small for this." Lucius frowned.

Though cursing normally didn't bother him, it did bother him a bit now. A man appearing as dangerous as this dude with a foul mood was the last thing Lucius wanted to be with. He just hoped the other would keep his anger away from him, as it would help neither of them. In attempt to lighten the mood a bit, Lucius said to the other "Who knows, maybe a bit of tinkering will tell us more about how to get the device to function. It might be a lot easier than it seems right now"

Of course, as he said it, he had his own doubts about it. Who knew how much that thing had been damaged as the other had crashed down? The external look of the device didn't tell them how mangled up the inside would be. Lucius didn't deem it sensible to say that now. The other could think of that as well and perhaps this was all the other had his hopes set on, which would actually be a good explanation for that bad mood. Though the stranger wasn't too expressive with his feelings, it was easy enough to see something bothered the other.

Lucius got another toffee from his pocket, eating it as he looked around. He really liked the strange and colorful environment he had ended up in. It was just beautiful to see. It almost made him forget that this was the reality, and not just an awesome dream. He wondered how they could find safe edible and drinkable substances, without endangering themselves. Although in the back of his mind, he made sure to note that he would let the stranger taste things first. After all, that was the safest way to discover it.

"Yea." Lucius shortly replied. His mind wandered off, thinking to himself 'What if there is no civilization? Isn't it just a waste of time? Shouldn't we be looking for useful survival items, instead of looking for signs of life?'[/i]. Yet he kept it all to himself, not wanting to **** the other off eventhough he disagreed. If stranger had been without weapons, it would have been fair play to comment, but now he wasn't so sure.

"Do you have a knife on you? Or perhaps some kind of laser?" Lucius wondered, as his eyes glanced over the plants, guessing they would have fluids in them too. It might be a daft idea, but in the end they would have to find something to replace his small water provision.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:44 am 

Administrator

“A knife?” Azriel’s brow furrowed in thought. “Why do you ask?” Now, it wasn’t uncommon to carry around a knife, especially for a man like Azriel, considering how handy they were in any given situation. Having a knife in a situation has saved him more times than he can count on one hand. They were a lot of things he could think of in his current predicament where a knife might just be what they need. But he wasn’t in the mindset that giving this guy a knife was a good idea.

Then again, he was carrying a gun. If this man tried anything he wouldn’t get very far.

Not even bothering to hear the man out, Azriel reached under his jacket and tossed him a switchblade knife. “I… like that knife,” he said, “do not lose it.” Then he continued on down along the path, hoping to see something soon. The more time he spent here, the more he really did not like this place. At the very least, perhaps they could find some kind of shelter if it got late.

In all honesty, he did not want to believe the possibility of this planet being somewhere without civilization. If the conditions here could sustain life, then surely there would be something. He wasn’t expecting anything too advanced if they did find anything. It would be his luck. Then again, now that he was thinking about it, it wouldn’t be surprising if he had been sent to a place where there was no civilization.

He wanted to believe in what this guy was telling him about this device. Perhaps some tinkering could get it to work again, but who knows.

Azriel was knocked out of those thoughts when, further along the path, he picked up a familiar sound. “This way,” he said, and suddenly jogged down a different path leading deeper into the woods. It was a seemingly long and winding path, but it also looked as if it had been used before by someone… or something. But he knew he was close. He knew it, he just had to be close. Please, God, let it be what he thought it was!

He didn’t stop until he came across a small hill that overlooked what had to be the greatest discovery yet. Yes… it was…

A flowing river.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:56 pm 

"Yea" Lucius nodded slowly. Lucius was about to answer the question, when it seemed a knife was already thrown at him. He caught it carefully. Folding his hands open he noticed it was an ordinary switchblade. This would do, he assumed. "I think we should cut open some of the fruits, to check if they seem safe to eat. At some point we'll need food" Lucius mentioned explaining. For now, he put the switchblade in the right pocket of his jeans. He just gave a nod at the request, or rather command he got about not losing the switchblade. It wasn't like he was intending on losing it anyway.

As his eyes wandered around Lucius noticed more trees that carried fruits. He wondered about how they'd get that high. He hoped this place would have bushes with edible fruits to them as well. He doubted his muscle ache would get any better any time soon. Climbing up a tree like this would be pure torture and he doubted he'd make it that high. Chopping or pushing them over didn't seem like a plausible solution either. Besides.. wrecking something in this unfamiliar place might set off a chain of reactions worse than he'd be able to imagine.

However pretty those colourful trees were, as they walked passed them, it felt like he was tripping on something. He wondered how long it would take to get used to their bright display.

Lucius looked ahead again, suddenly noticing he was quite a bit behind the stranger. The stranger was going down the path rather quickly, almost running. Why was the other wasting energy like that? Just because this path was easier accessible than the previous area, didn't mean it was logical to start jogging here.

With a frown on his face he followed up on the other. He walked a bit faster, but surely, he wasn't about to run after him. His legs just hurt too much to be doing such silly things. For some reason they were going deeper into the woods, onto a long and winding path. Lucius heard some strangely familiar sounds, but he couldn't place them. His mind was more occupied with damning the strangers speed than actually paying attention to the sound.

It was a tiring walk to keep just enough speed to see the stranger and be able to follow him, but not too much speed that his legs would deny service. Up a relatively small hill, which felt endlessly steep, the stranger finally came to a stop. Lucius caught up with him. He wanted to complain about what the hell had gotten into the other, but his words fell short when he saw what was ahead of them. "....Is that really there..?" he asked stupefied.

A flowing river, whose water seemed rather clear. Slightly odd coloured though, as it had that fancy rainbow hue that water with soap would get. It didn't smell particularly soapy though. Actually, it looked rather safe, but was it? He did remember how to filter water from one of the horror movies, but then the question rose whether the ground itself was safe enough for that. And then they'd need sand and rocks.. Maybe this was a risk worth taking, after all, if the water sources here would be toxic, they'd die pretty soon anyway.

Lucius crouched to inspect the river. He could see small creatures move in it. Like fish, moving along the stream. Small scaled fish, somewhat silvery of colour, almost looking more like a shoulder or upper arm piece of a medieval metal armour than an actual fish. Would they be edible?

...and would they be dangerous? Lucius got up again, slow like an old man. After taking a moment to find his balance again, he walked a bit back until he found himself a branch laying on the ground. He took it and then walked back to the river. Back at the wondrous moving river he crouched once more and gently poked into the water with his stick, wondering what would happen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:43 am 

Administrator

Azriel kept quiet as the stranger dipped the stick into the water. Under any other circumstances, depending on what they might be, he was not a selfish man, however, this was a situation where he was thinking about his own survival. He did not know this stranger and, despite the chance of him knowing a thing or two about how to get this device working again, he was willing to let him put his life on the line. It was better than taking the risk himself, he thought.

A water source was a nice find, even if it did look fabricated from some child’s drawing book, or an oil slick depending, it meant that this place indeed sustained life. The fish alone were enough evidence of that.

Even more curious, the water didn’t seem to do anything to the stick other than coat it a layer of that weird, colorful film. If Azriel had his tools, he would be able to find out whether or not this water was safe to drink. The animals (fish, so far) lived in it, but what about humans? Normally, logic said that if animals had no problems with the water, and it was flowing, then it was safe. On a planet that was not Earth, however, he wasn’t certain he could rely on such a conclusion. He supposed the only answer to that would be to drink some and find out, but he was not sure he was too keen on that idea.

Azriel crouched down and peered into the river to examine it for himself. Despite the color, it was surprisingly clear. Those fish were not the only living organisms from the looks of things -he something else was in there as well. There were big rocks as well. He noticed some little things moving to hide behind them whenever the fish came near. A food chain perhaps? Maybe… What he did see, however, was that this river resembled something he has seen on Earth before.

Suddenly, he rolled up his sleeve and dipped the tips of his fingers into the water. The fish moved away from him, and suddenly all was completely silent save for the steady current. Much to his surprise, the water was cool and refreshing. He closed his eyes for a moment and pictured himself back home. For the first time since he arrived here, he felt relaxed.

He opened his eyes and slowly pulled his hand out. As he expected, it was coated with that weird, rainbow film, for lack of a better word. It didn’t feel sticky, but something about it made him uncomfortable.

“I… do not believe we can trust it,” Azriel said at last, frowning. Perhaps he should have actually drank some of it, just to get it over with. He was already in this mess, what more did he have to lose? There was a good chance he could die here; if this water didn’t kill him then something else might. It wasn’t a thought he was going to dwell on, he was willing to get out of here, but he wasn’t going to deny the possibility. He sure as hell wouldn’t have been sent somewhere cute and cuddly; this water… the more he thought about it, the more he was sure it wasn’t safe.

It was a good thing he wasn’t desperate for something to drink right now. On the other hand, hydration was very important. He hasn’t completely recovered yet.

Azriel began walking along the river, “We should… follow it. Perhaps we will find civilization around here.” He said, not willing to give up. Maybe there were humans here, or something resembling humans, and if there were then he would know for sure that this stuff was safe to drink. It wouldn’t hurt to look around, right?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:56 pm 

Just as Lucius had finished his own curious investigation, this stranger next to him took it to the next level. The idiot dipped his fingers into the water! If it hadn't been such a dire situation, Lucius would've laughed at him. It hadn't been even long enough to see if the water would bite into the stick.. and the guy did this.. Maybe the dude had a death wish? Still, it was kinda useful, Lucius admitted to that. It was interesting to see too.

The stick Lucius held was put onto the ground as Lucius reached for his own bag and got out his phone. He suddenly thought of the scanner app he had installed. Seen the fact that he liked to prank people, he was always very aware of his own drinks and food at parties. Some people thought laxatives were the perfect revenge.. Whereas the scanner app had saved his pants on numerous occasions already, he hoped it would tell him more of the water too. A few swift swipes over the screen, which recognized his finger print, and his phone unlocked. Very carefully Lucius held it above the water, letting the app do its work. A soft green light came from his phone as the scanner did its job. The lovely light was accompanied by a soft rhythmic ticking noise. On the screen itself a circle kept spinning, telling him it was still working.

"Why don't you believe we can trust it?" Lucius wondered, as he kept staring at the screen. "Do your fingers feel odd now, or is it just a hunch?" He wasn't sure how serious he should take this strangers conclusion. He guessed that if it was deadly, he'd see the stranger drop soon enough. If the other wouldn't, then it was probably safe enough to drink, at least until they'd find something better. In the end, they'd have to have something to drink. He didn't have much water left, and what he had left, had been touched by this guy, reminding him that if the guy would have anything transmittable, he might just catch it on by his own water reserve. Splendid.

The stranger started walking again. With a sigh Lucius started at his phone. The app had gathered some information, but he wasn't sure if it would help them much. "You don't look much like one, but let me ask to be certain: you're not a chemist by chance, are you?" Lucius wondered.

Swinging his bag onto his back again he got up, walking after the dude. "The app says there is like, H2O in it, but also elements I don't know and .... stuff it doesn't know? You think we should like, cook it?" Lucius chattered on, trying to get them a solution. Though with the solution more problems arose, in what to cook the water? And would it be smart to actually start a fire here? Would they even be able to start a fire here? That they could breathe the air didn't automatically mean every earth-thing was possible here too..

"By the way, it's pretty quiet here. Are you just like, hoping to find civilization, or are you seeing something that actually tells you there's something here, like that?" Lucius wondered. Though sounds didn't tell everything, Lucius hadn't seen ghosts yet. He wondered if that was because there weren't any ghosts here, or because he was just looking in the wrong area.