All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:38 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Lex Luthor approached Lois Lane and she turned around. "So nice to see you Miss Lane. And...you are?" Lex turned to the man with dorky glasses: "Clark Kent, I'm a reporter-" "Yes, yes I'm sure you are!" Lex waved him off before refocusing on Lois: "So....impressive isn't it? Kind of makes you wish we'd stayed together-" Lex began, only for Lois to interrupt: "I'm here as a reporter, Lex. NOT as your ex-girlfriend who you for some reason think is desperate enough to-"

"Well he actually seems pretty friendly." Kirito says to the others. Quintus only chuckles. "You have no idea Kirito." "We best make sure nothing big is going on." Asuna whispered to the others. Klein nodded after eating another bit of what was provided on the food tray. "Aw, I wanted to see if Zach was good on the dance floor, that is, if there is one!" Lisbeth stated.

Soon the charity ball was over...but as Kirito, Leafa and Clark and Lois were leaving, Lex went into a hidden passageway....and when any of the Kryptonians in the party tried to use their x-ray vision...they found it didn't work in that spot. "Huh....my x-ray vision is malfunctioning or something." Leafa said.

"That's just rude!" Leafa hissed her whisper as she rubbed her eyes in annoyance. "I almost stared so hard my eyes hurt!" "So they can't see through lead. That's nice to know they have some limitations." Lisbeth said. "All I got is the ring and I can take it off at any given moment."

"I don't wanna know what drawbacks I might have." Klein muttered.

Meanwhile, deep within the bowels of Lex's mansion: Lex had used his various connections to stage a prison riot and disguise the abduction of a badly wounded prisoner at Strykers Island Penitentiary named John Corben from the infirmary.

He watched behind a two way mirror as his best team of researchers replaced Corben's body with cybernetics...all powered by the mineral he'd discovered: Kryptonite

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:02 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"So now what? We just, sit on our butts and wait for whatever it is to happen happen?" Quintus asked, itching to check his menu for objectives.

"I hope that's the best case scenario." Klein said as he stretched.

"Still, I'm worried about whatever Lex has behind that door." Kirito said. "It's probably something that might do extra damage against Kryptonians."

They would travel through the city and see a large screen showing the news to the local populace. "Senator Finch has put forth a request for the mysterious Superman to come to the capital to a hearing to explain the deaths he apparently caused in an African village through his intervention in the supposed dictatorship of Amar Kadeen which U.S. officials say has caused massive national security risks and a power vacuum in the area...allowing radicals to swoop in and take advantage of the citizens." The news anchor said.

"Kadeen and his men were found seemingly burned alive by Superman's heat vision. Superman was recorded in the area when reporter of the Daily Planet Lois Lane was taken prisoner."

An African woman was shown in tears on camera being interviewed: "My village, my people..were slaughtered by the one you call Superman. How can America put it's trust in an alien who acts on his own authority..how does he decide which lives matter....and which ones do not?"

A waypoint appeared on their screens. Superman would meet them at the doors of an in-game U.S. senate...none of which the Japanese players had seen before. Superman floated down to them and Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen.

"If it makes ya feel better, we know you didn't hurt anybody like they're sayin'!" Jimmy said, keeping a positive attitude. Lois nodded, "Just go in there and tell them the truth...and everything'll be alright."

Superman nodded as he went inside the Senate building. A vehicle pulled up and the senators arrived. Senator June Finch walked past the players, they could hear her whispering to a man walking alongside her. "She wasn't from the village, she's an actress! Luthor threatened her and her family-" was all they caught.

"Well hello, June!" The familiar voice of Lex Luthor spoke as he met them on the courthouse steps. "Just came to see you off before you gaze into the face of the evil alien invader." Lex smiled at Finch. A man in a motorized wheelchair rolled up. "Ah, I believe you're familiar with Eric Holden....the man who lost his legs during the Kryptonian invasion."

"You mean the battle with Zod?" Zach asked skeptically. Lex smiled and nodded as Finch pushed past him and started up the courthouse steps. "When this is over...you and I need to talk." Finch said with a glare. "You may be rich and you may have built most of Metropolis...but you're not untouchable." Lex smirked at her challenge, "Do you know what the oldest lie in American history is, Senator? That power can be innocent. Good luck, dear." Lex departed.

"Oh look a Government building, where the hypocrisy sometimes occurs." Quintus said as he watched the scene.

"Well, Lex is definitely trying to demonize him." Leafa said. "That means he'd be Demonize Kryptonian players too."

"Well I'm sure they're a bit wary of green lanterns too!" Lisbeth said, "Or assume Klein is on steroids!" "Hey!" Klein shouted int protest.

"Come on guys, whatever they're gonna say about Superman can't be all that bad." Kirito said in reassurance.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace