All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:16 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Bruce sat up in bed, holding his head and sighing. "Sorry for putting you and Ciel through all this trouble. Whoever that was they caught me off guard...some sort of mechanism built into their outfit designed to inject the victim. I stumbled upon them when I tracked down a shipment of drugs that weren't going to any of the usual spots."

"They were going to an abandoned mine that was closed off years ago due to a tunnel collapse that killed over twenty miners. I went in to investigate..and I found what I thought was a meth lab."

"I didn't get a chance to tell you or Ciel, but tech from WayneCorp was stolen last night off a ship. I'm alright now..I'd like to meet your staff if that's ok. I hear your chef was in the military, he may find this interesting."

=Later=

Bruce held up a photo of the MicroWave Emitter to the staff and Ciel and Sebastian. "It was intended to be used in guerrilla warfare to vaporize the enemy's water supply...and I have a feeling the lab I found in the mine is related.."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:24 pm 

"Why make it into steam? i can see it working for maybe a super bathhouse. If we wanted to target guerilla forces water just dump a small germ or poison in there." Bardroy commented. "Even Pennyworth over there knows that's the smart thing to get the guerillas sick."

"Maybe, but even that's true it'd made needing the machine obsolete." Ciel commented.

"Or use Water as an effective terror weapon. Water is the most interesting thing. It gives life, it bore it, bent shapes out of it. When you look at it, water is both beautiful, and deadly."

Ciel pondered, "Even so, we still don't know what or who would plan something so wild a theory." Ciel stated. "It's enough to make one stand on their head to ponder about. Sebastian, get me any overdose reports, we may have to visit our friend for information."

"Of course." Within mere moments of this, they were off to see the Undertaker.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:52 pm 

The Undertaker had opened up a funeral parlor since technically 'undertaker' and the dour things associated with it kind of fell out of style with people becoming more sensible through the centuries. The parlor was quite nice, given that the Undertaker had amassed a bit of money from his centuries old business. So now he was referred to as the Coroner or Mortician.

"Well well if it isn't my old friends!" Said an eerie voice from behind Sebastian and Ciel in the sitting room. "And Bruce Wayne! Why I never thought I'd get you in here....at least not while you're still alive!"

"Uhh...?" Bruce stammered.

"You've all come here for information, yes? Well then! Luckily for you little Earl, this isn't business hours...you know my price! Unless Mr. Wayne would like to try? My price is you have to tell a joke that makes me laugh."

Turning to Ciel and Sebastian, Bruce blinked. "Is this some kind of Victorian era Rumpelstiltskin sort of thing?"

Sebastian chuckled, "I think we should let you do the honors...we've afterall had to do this before."

Bruce sighed and approached the Undertaker as Ciel and Sebastian sat back, watching in amusement.

Bruce proceeded to tell a joke about a cowboy who got captured by indians and was told that he would be executed in three days. The cowboy requested he talk to his horse, much to the indians skepticism.

Twice the man talked to his horse, twice the horse brought back a woman and the cowboy and the lady would make love.

The third day near sunset, the cowboy asked to speak to his horse one last time and Bruce got to the punchline: "Listen to me very carefully, I SAID: Go get the POSSE."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:59 am 

There was relative silence after the joke. Then all of a sudden, as if the devil himself instigated it, there was a giggle, that eventually erupted into a huge fit of maniacal and comical laughter that sent Undertaker to the floor, making him roll around for a time.

"Ohoho, Mr. Wayne, you knocked me for a loop with that one! That joke never gets old! Ahaha! It was a lot more funny if you knew the poor sap! Hahahaha..,, ooooh.... blissful laughter." Then the morbid mortician stood up straight. "Alright then. To the info. My previous guests weren't harmed in any way, save for several puncture marks on their skin and bloodstream." The Undertaker pulled out a bone shaped biscuit (cookie) and ate it.

"Puncture marks?" Ciel asked.

"Yes, they were given a high dose of a rare essence of flower, mixed in with some other drugs, turning a plant meant for confronting your innermost fears, into a deadly weapon of frantic hysteria. Which is quite, odd. Something rotten is going on in Gotham with this business what." The retired Reaper turned to Ciel. "A little bird told me you were back into your Guard Dog mode my dear Earl, perhaps the descendant of your oldest family friend could help you establish old connections?"

"I highly doubt Lao's underworld empire has lasted this long. Besides, the GCPD would think me a crooked Private Eye." Ciel stated. "Mister Wayne, does this info satisfy you?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:12 am 

Bruce's eyes widened at the mention of the flower...he remembered it well. "We need to talk...it's urgent." Bruce said as he practically dragged Ciel and Sebastian out of the funeral parlor.

"I know the flower he's talking about, when I turned eighteen I traveled across the globe and trained my mind and body with various masters and teachers. There was one in particular who stood out...I was inducted into the ranks of the organization called the League of Shadows and taught by a man whose name ironically means the Head of the Demon: Ra's al Ghul."

"It was only when I was supposed to be fully initiated as a member did I realize that all the training they'd given me was to put me to use as Ra's heir. They revealed themselves to be eco-terrorists who believe that harmony can only be achieved through devastating the human population of large societies and cities."

"Gotham was their priority then...it appears that it still is. The missing weapon has to have something to do with it." Bruce's phone rang then, it was Alfred.

He held it up to his ear, "Hello?"

"Master Bruce, I have found something that may be of interest to this case." Bruce put Alfred on speaker.

"There have been reports of severe allergic reactions of some sort in places across Gotham. I investigated this to find out whether it had anything in relation to that fellow you encountered in the mines."

"Several of the hospitalized citizens are employed by Gotham's water plant. I took a sample from the tap and tested it for any abnormalities. I found that it tested positive for the fear toxin...but this is different...it appears to be part of a two-part-compound that must be dispersed through the air. Odds are the allergic reactions, while few, were unintentional."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:09 pm 

"Hmm, Ra's al Ghul. I believe I had an encounter with him once, with Sebastian in tow as we ventured through the world." Ciel commented. "So he's still up to his old tricks."

"Indeed. We might have to track him down and discuss things with him." Sebastian stated. "However, with a man like Ra's it would be hard to convince him to stand down. I may have to get my hands dirty."

"Please, this is also my case now. If I can't do a little dirty work myself I wouldn't be known as a Guard Dog. Besides, I'm not a young human boy anymore. I have at least a century's worth of experience." Ciel snapped at Sebastian's comment.

"Of course my lord. But I am here at your disposal. All you have to do is say the words." Sebastian stated, with an amused smile on his lips.

"Bruce, what did Alfred have to say? Something new on the case?" Ciel asked as he leaned on his cane.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:41 am 

"The water supply has been contaminated with a version of the fear toxin, a two part compound that only activates through........being vaporized." A look of realization dawned upon Bruce's face. "The stolen weapon, now this compound they've been pouring into the water supply...it has to be connected."

= Deep within the abandoned mining tunnels =

"He's here....." Scarecrow hissed to the armed thugs. "Who?"

"The Batman..and his two friends..." Scarecrow whispered.

"What do we do?" Another thug with an uzi asked

"What anyone does with a nosy pest...you kill it." Scarecrow said.

Batman had informed them of what Alfred found via analyzing the fingerprints of Scarecrow taken off Batman's suit. He had been recently fired from his job as a Gotham U therapist for doing cruel fear experiments on students.

Batman threw a flashbang to blind the thugs and began knocking them out one by one. Scarecrow leaped out and attempted to stab Batman with his syringe gauntlet...Batman caught the arm and dislocated it easily, eliciting a scream of pain from Scarecrow. "Taste of your own medicine doctor?!" Batman snarled as he tore the mask off Crane's face and jabbed three of the needles in him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:22 pm 

What Scarecrow saw next began to horrify him, two figures in the shadows, something out of a horror novel, but made manifest in reality. One of them approached him, the sound of his can tapping the ground causing a deep, echo, that almost implies what Crane is seeing out of Ciel Phantomhive was the truth in another plane of human viewing.

He then pinned Crane with his cane and seems to upturn into a demonic smirk.

"You see what happens when you try to take control of something of this magnitude?" Ciel chided "Take control of fear, you take something that has been in our hands since time immemorial. You know nothing of fear. Look at me, Jonathan Crane. This game is over, I am true fear, that hides in the cornerstones of human consciousness. Now tell me. Where is Ra's Al Ghul? I promise you'll live your sentence in either the Cell or the asylum in relative comfort."

"I'm sorry, but Doctor Crane isn't here right now." Crane said, "but if you like to make an appointment...." Crane trailed off as Ciel frowned in disgust.

"Damn it." He said in frustration. "His serum works too well. He's broke."

"Masterfully done speech regardless my Lord." Sebastian said, clapping his hands in a golf clap.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:49 pm 

Batman grew angry and smashed Crane's head against a table, knocking him out cold. He dragged Scarecrow outside and tied him up. The GCPD cars arrived with Commissioner Gordon and Detective Harvey Bullock. Bullock was a fat gumshoe wearing a loose tie and fedora and weather stained trenchcoat. He had a lit cigar hanging out the side of his mouth as he eyed the trio suspiciously.

Bullock approached Scarecrow as Jim spoke with Batman and the two others. "What's going on? We're getting reports of there being something poisonous in the water supply." Jim said.

Batman nodded at Crane, "There's reason to believe that some sort of terrorist attack will happen soon. The poison he put in the water is relatively harmless unless inhaled."

"How's that work?" Gordon asked. "You know about the weapon stolen from Wayne Enterprises? Someone is planning on using it to poison the city by vaporizing the city's water." Batman said.

"Shooouldn't I get read my-" Crane stammered, clearly fearful of everything around him.

"Yeah yeah yeah, you got the right to remain silent and if ya don't I have the right to smash yer nerdy little face in!" Bullock shouted as he threw Crane in the back of the car

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:36 pm 

Ciel huffed at Crane's behavior. "He's off his rocker Sebastian."

"Yes I agree lord. Shall we retire for the evening?" Sebastian asked. "I have dinner waiting."

The Earl merely nodded as they headed for the car. Things were getting interesting.

----

Several hours into the Evening and Ciel decided to check his surveillance he covertly installed on a visit to Wayne Manor to see the Party Bruce was hosting. "Sebastian, get me the guest list of the current party." Ciel ordered as Sebastian appeared with the guest registration.

"Hm, it seems Bruce may be getting some uninvited guests." The Earl observed as he saw some shady individuals enter, with Gasoline cans covertly hidden.

"Sebastian, how good is your firefighting?" Ciel asked.

"More then capable. Otherwise what kind of Butler would I be?" Sebastian asked.

"Because it would seem we're about to encounter the Demon's Head once more." The Earl replied. "Get me my Cane. The Black one with the gold handle."

With that preparations were being made immediately to combat the League of Shadows.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:23 pm 

Ciel and Sebastian would arrive just as Bruce clinked his glass to perform a toast. "May I have your attention, everyone! Get out. For far too long you've all clung like leeches to my family name and legacy. You sycophants who latched on to me after my family's death in hopes to gain some good standing with the company in some way..GET OUT. Stop smiling, it's not a joke you bloodsuckers. Leave before I call the police and have you all arrested for trespassing."

The mutterings of the offended guests as they left met Ciel and Sebastian's ears.

"Amusing." A voice said when the guests had left, out of the shadows stepped Ra's al Ghul. He was wearing a green robe with a clasp that was a golden oni head. "But...pointless....none of those people have long to live."

"I was right, it is you.." Bruce said, fists clenched. "You're going to unleash Crane's poison on the entire city..."

"Then watch Gotham tear itself apart through fear and hysteria. The League has been a check against human corruption for over a thousand years: WE sacked Rome, WE loaded trade ships with plague rats, and WE initiated the attacks of September 11th."

Ra's walked with Bruce through the hall as League of Shadows members stalked through the manor. "You three stand here defending a city so corrupt that we have infiltrated it's entire infrastructure at every level."

"You have to give me more time...Gotham isn't beyond saving." Bruce said, trying to reason with his former teacher.

Ra's sighed and looked at Bruce sympathetically, "When I found you all those years ago..you were lost...but I believed in you. I gave you purpose and showed you a path. Despite everything you are still my greatest student..and it should be you standing by my side saving the world."

A group of ninja began to pour gasoline on a tipped over Grandfather Clock next to Ciel and Sebastian..

Bruce glared defiantly at Ra's, "Forget it."

That was when the fires were started, "When a forest like this grows too wild a purging fire is inevitable and natural. The movement back to harmony will NOT be stopped this time. I forgot to mention we attacked Gotham before....but we underestimated certain of Gotham's citizens...such as your mother and father."

Bruce's eyes flashed as Ra's taunted him: "Poetic justice....your family created enough hunger in Gotham that their greed got them devoured. Who better to end the suffering..than Gotham's favorite orphan?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:31 am 

"Heh, look at the rich aristocrats Sebastian. Always leeching on lavish parties such as the now ruined one." Ciel stated, making his presence known to Ra's as he began to talk to Bruce. Ciel had a walking stick in hand as he walked in, keeping Sebastian in the shadows.

Ciel listened to the speech and gave a small smirk. "Oh there's the one thing I haven't missed on our last encounter, what was it? 30-40 years ago Al Ghul?" Ciel chided with a smirk. "With that holier than thou act, you should've been called the Godhand or whatever you call it. But last I checked what I said is probably taken by some Japanese manga."

Ciel chuckled. "I'm simply doing what I've been doing out of boredom, have to keep myself entertained in this 'modern' society." That was when Bruce refused and the fires started. Ciel widened his eye as he kept a grip on his walking stick.

In the place of the Wayne Manor, it was the Phantomhive Estate in England, where he still goes to, as the modern term says, recharge his batteries. He was once more a child being taken for who knows what reasons, his parents freshly killed.

"Doing this, in front of me Ra's, was a badly calculated mistake." Ciel stated as he moved the cane to his leftmost hand and draws a sword from it. "When something is truly lost, you can never regain it again. You still have your humanity, insane as you are. I CHOSE TO THROW AWAY MINE!" He shouted as he stabbed one of the ninja. "Sebastian! Fight the fires! Get us a way out!"

"Yes, my lord." Sebastian said as he began to do fight the fires using an old fashioned mobile fire extinguisher that mainly used water.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:50 am 

Ra's smirked, "On the contrary, boy! I have done the same!" Ra's summoned a scimitar out of thin air. He slashed at Ciel and blasted him with emerald flames conjured via magick. "I told you! The League has done this for thousands of years! And I have been there to see them through every single cleansing!" He knocked Ciel against a bookcase and knocked it down on top of him.

Bruce rushed to Ciel's aid, now in his Batman outfit and equipped with his gadgets. As he hauled the bookcase off the Phantomhive. Whirling around and barely managing to block Ra's scimitar with his spiked gauntlets, sparks flew as Batman engaged Ra's in unarmed combat.

Meanwhile a ninja tried to ambush Sebastian, only for Alfred to knock him out with a fire poker and jokingly say to Sebastian. "I certainly hope that wasn't a member of the fire brigade."

A spotlight shone through a window and a rocket blew the nearby wall open. It was a helicopter carrying the Microwave Emitter! Ra's threw Batman down the hallway, smashing him through a solid wall with telekinesis.

"I'm afraid I must be leaving, after all..it is time to spread the word." Ra's said as he gripped a ladder dangling from the helicopter. "And the word is....PANIC."

Ra's escaped, the chopper heading towards Gotham with the weapon.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:37 am 

"He wasn't wearing the proper uniform, so yes, I think your hope is correct on that front." The demon butler said as he Continued to fight the fires.

Ciel burst out from the bookshelf, his one eye turning its Demonic color as he glared unamused. "That was uncalled for. Using magic in a swordfight, we aren't in the Dark Ages." He stated as he dusted his coat and kicked his cane sheath to himself. "It would seem Ra's found a secret or two."

"We can't delay on thought my lord." Sebastian stated. "Haste and swift action is required. Mr. Wayne, until the Mansion is put out safely and I check my Master for any injuries you're on your own. I hope you devised a cure to lift this fear gas strain."

"I have faith he does. We'll have to deliver it to Gordon as fast as possible if so." Ciel stated. He was still a bit shaken from seeing the flames, and reverted to his younger form in his own anxiety. It was then he realized, other then Sebastian, the servants, and his newfound peers, he was alone.

For the first time in his life, he missed her. It was painful to watch Elizabeth Midford grow old, and fade away, her having the faintest hope he'd one day return to her. "Oh pull yourself together Ciel. I'm not lonely. This is just the human need of comfort drawing me in."

As he thought this his resolve came back as he changed back to his young adult form. "The Queen piece fell a long time ago with Lizzie. I'm simply have to move on, like the Englishman I am. I'm no longer human after all."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:54 pm 

"Already had it delivered to Jim and some trustworthy people for mass distribution." Batman said as the fires slowly died down, the mansion still stood but it would be in need of some repairs after this was all over. "Master Wayne, I'm getting word from Mr. Fox that the Gotham Metro has made an unscheduled departure from the station."

Batman turned to Ciel and Sebastian, "Looks like we found where he's taken the weapon. If you wish to go back to the manor to check for injuries then be careful. I assume you'll want to secure it from any sort of rioters or panicked citizens."

Just then Ciel's phone rang, on the other end was Baldroy....who was apparently confused at how modern phones work. "Where's the rotary spinny thing on this?! How am I supposed to work this darn-"

"Wait! I can see him! How'd that happen!?" Bard said as Finny and Mey-Rin squeezed their faces in on either side of Bard's to look into the screen.

"Wow! It really is the young master, yes it is!" Mey gushed.

"How are we seeing him if he's way over at Wayne Manor though?" Finny asked.

"ANYWAY!" Bard said, shoving the two crowding him aside, "We've got trouble...a weird mist has started to cover the town. And we can see a lot of people...they look like escaped prisoners...headin' this way!" Bard said into the screen.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:55 pm 

Ciel sighed. "Bard, go to the servants closet, push the big button there. You'll find the usual weaponry stored there." He instructed. "We're on our way back now." Ciel sighed as he hung up.

"An englishman's home is his Castle, and I might as well rush to its defense before anyone gets any ideas." He replied to Bruce as he walked. "Sebastian. Finish putting out those fires and get us home."

"Yes, My lord."

------

"Servants closet and push the button...Aha!" Bard shouted. "Guns have improved it seems! Oh Mey Rin! There's even a rifle for ya!"

"Really?!" Mey Rin took it. "Well, looks like you know what this means."

"Yes! Let's try not to make a mess of the yard!" Finny shouted as they went to get into position to fight the rioters that consisted of the escaped convicts.

And so they did, in which they showed their respective talents which actually frightened even the most experienced convicts.

Bard with his Military tactics, Finny for his super strength, and Mey Rin for her Far Sightedness. By the time Sebastian and Ciel showed, less then half fled for the hills. "Seems it took them a bit to find the weaponry. Shall we also activate the defense system?" Sebastian asked.

"Only if it gets too serious but yes, activate them." Ciel ordered.

"Yes, my Lord." Sebastian stated as he got to work immediately to do so and have a little fun with the convicts using the silverware. Ciel sighed.

He hoped they'd clean up after themselves when this was over as well!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:02 am 

Finny, Bard and Mey Rin put up their weapons now that the convicts were gone. Finny looked confused by a strange device that appeared to be dark in coloration but also somewhat reflective. "What kind of strange mirrors are these?" Finny asked the other two who came over.
"Mirrors? That don't look like mirrors to me!" Bard said, trying to look at the device. "Probably some new 'Modern' piece of equipment. How's this thing work anyway? Oh there's a small button here!" "Bard are you sure we should be touching any of these things without the Master Present?!" Mey Rin Screeched out as hard pushed a button on the strange device.

They saw moving images of Batman taking on over a dozen of the convicts on the streets of Gotham...unarmed...using non lethal techniques but still hurting them pretty bad all the same. One convict went through a window and another was smashed through a brick wall. One thug wielding a knife found his arm fractured and the knife in his own leg.

"What the hell?! What black magic is this?!" Bardroy shouted, as the servants backed away in fright. "It looks like some sort of moving picture!" Finny shouted. "It's haunted it is!" Mey Rin says hiding behind Bardroy. "Alright, let's not panic! If we panic and we break something Sebastian will have our necks he will!" Bardroy said, trying to calm them down.

"Yes I would because that is very expensive you know." Came a voice behind the, as the Servants screeched in fright and jumped. "Oh, I-its just you Sebastian." Finny said. "Now then you might as well observe. The person we're witnessing is one of our new allies."

"Well, he doesn't seem like the friendliest type." Bard commented. "He looks like a bat to me." Finny said. "Is he going to be a guest frequently?!" Mey Rin asked, "Where would he sleep if so?! Does he sleep upside down?!"
"The Bat theme is just a gimmick to scare criminals you simpletons!" Sebastian scolded. "You remember Bruce Wayne from earlier don't you?" Ciel asked, seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

"Yikes!" The servants again said all at once. "Master?! Don't sneak up on us like that!" Finny shouted. "Well yeah, but a billionaire like Mr. Wayne would never be dressed as a bat!" Bard said as Ciel sighed. "Well if you're going to watch the monitors be quiet about it." He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Sebastian, make sure any mess they caused defending the Manor is tidied up." "Yes my Lord." He responded as he went to work.

Batman gave Gordon the antidote, both for himself and one for mass production.
He sped off wearing a breathing mask over the lower half of his face, on the bat-cycle. Clothes lining two ninjas with his arm as he sped past.
Manhole covers shot out of the ground as the colorless fear gas spewed forth and blanketed the city

Ciel scowled at the fear gas being dispersed. "He'd better get to Ra's and stop him before he gives out the master stroke." Ciel said. He was still pretty sore at Ra's Al Ghul for giving the Demon Earl the equivalent of a sucker punch. "Whoa.... wait is this an attack on the city?" Finny asked in worry. "Relax, the Manor is miles from whatever Is going on there." Bard reassured. Mey Rin was just amazed at the technology in general. Ciel merely watched in silence, wanting to not allow his mind to wander.

Batman rode the cycle onto a nearby rooftop, spying a helicopter carrying the Microwave Emitter further into the city. Revving the engine, he drove it off the roof when the chopper was close enough. He vaulted out of the cycle when the vehicle was near the harness carrying the weapon beneath the chopper. Deathstroke was riding in the copter, he started firing his auto-rifle down at Batman as the vigilante stood atop the Emitter. "Where's Ra's!?" Batman shouted up. "Long gone...you'll just have to settle with me!" Deathstroke replied

"Ah!! A Mercenary with a mask!" Mey Rin shouted in fright. "That would be one of the new adversaries, Deathstroke I believe." Sebastian told Ciel. "He obviously took advantage of the breakout." Ciel only gritted his teeth in annoyance, "Dealing with Lau's business back in the day would be better then this!" He shouted in frustration.

Batman stood atop the harnessed MicroWave Emitter hanging underneath the helicopter. He steadied himself by grabbing one of the chains as Deathstroke continued to shoot. "Slade! You're going to damage the weapon!" One of the ninjas shouted from the cockpit.

Taking Slade's distraction as his cue, Batman threw a flash grenade into the helicopter. It went off and blinded everyone inside. Batman swung up into the cockpit, and found no sign of Slade. As he approached the controls with the intention of releasing the microwave emitter to be destroyed in a fall to the street.....Slade grabbed him from behind and they both fell out of the copter and down onto the Emitter

"Oh no I can't watch!" Finny said covering his eyes. "They're gonna crash!" Mey Rin shouted in fear. "This could get interesting. The Emitter could crash potentially. Unless of course divine intervention does something about that." Bardroy observed. Ciel mused at the Chef's musings as he too thought on how the emitter could crash onto the street. "Let's just hope Gordon gets the antidote to Mass produce. Wouldn't want the local populace running around like scared dogs." He said to himself.

"Master, are you sure we shouldn't be out there..y'know helping him? Ain't you like immortal or somethin'?" Bard asked Ciel.
The pilot in the copter steadied the controls as Slade produced a large combat knife and attacked Batman.
Batman blocked the knife with his gauntlets but found himself backed to the edge of the Emitter. "No tricks, no escape! You can't stop this helicopter! You've LOST!" Slade declared. "You're right, I can't stop it....the odds are against me on that one I'll admit. That's why I overrode the controls in the cockpit and knocked out the pilots." Batman smirked. "You WHAT!?" Slade shouted. "The path this weapon is on will take it directly to Gotham harbor...where this helicopter will crash into the bay and cause the Microwave Emitter to overload and be destroyed." "What makes you so sure?!" Slade challenged. "Didn't you and Ra's know? You stole a PROTOTYPE." Batman laughed

"I may be immortal but I am not quite stupid. If I got 'grievously' injured and recovered miraculously, there'd be questions. Besides, this is Bruce's fight. All I can do is wait until the city is safe and assist the Police in damage control." Ciel explained. "If we wanted a more direct person helping him, I'd consider hiring either a mortal vigilante in the same business as Mr. Wayne, or use Sebastian if I so Order." "Precisely put my lord," Sebastian said. "However, the Masted does have a point. Unless he orders me I am on standby with him. It wouldn't hurt to hire an independent." "The way you speak you have someone in mind?" Ciel asked before receiving a caller and checked the ID, "the Commisioner. Hello James, Ciel speaking."

"Shhh! The copter is about to head to the lake!" Finny said, as the attention shifted towards the lake. "Clever Mr. Wayne." Sebastian said with a smile. "Using the fact its a prototype to your advantage."

"Mhm, mhm, understood James. I'll be there as soon as I can. Sebastian, we have to get to GCPD HQ and help out with damage control." "Very well my lord." Sebastian stated as the pair got ready to go. "The rest of you, get back to work!" The butler ordered which caused the Three Servants to scatter to their duties.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:08 pm 

A large explosion was heard and dark smoke billowed from Gotham harbor. The GCPD would find Slade, a group of ninja, and the two pilots tied up on the docks. Batman had made himself scarce and headed to GCPD HQ to meet with Jim.

At the HQ at the top, Jim was waiting for both individuals in question. "We've lost all Traces of Ra's al Ghul. No doubt he's retreated back to whatever hole he crawled out of. We suspect the triads were involved but the trail is cold there."

"But we aren't here to worry about that are we?" Ciel asked as Jim shook his head.

"We want to keep you on as a consultant, if you're able to handle your day job. As for you," Jim turned to look at Batman. "Try to keep me more in the loop so that we can speed up disaster prevention next time."

"Will do." Batman said simply, looking over the flood light with a bat symbol on it nearby on the roof. A woman with green eyes and pretty blond hair came out onto the roof from the stairs. "Yo, Commissioner who ya talking to up he-" The girl's pretty green eyes widened when she saw Gordon and Ciel and Sebastian. Batman had made his traditionally mysterious exit behind Gordon's back.

Ciel noted the policewoman's entrance and his one eye widened. "It, it can't be..." he thought.

"Why what is the matter Master? Cat got your tongue? It almost looks like you saw a ghost." Sebastian looked at the woman and lightning struck his brain, pardon the expression. There, standing before them, was someone who looked exactly like Elizabeth Midford in her 20's. "What a surprise, I never expected our conversation to be interrupted like this commissioner." Ciel stated, trying to keep a calm look about him.

"Is there something that needs my immediate attention Officer?" Gordon asked, wondering why one of his own came up to the roof.

"You wanted me to bring you a pack of cigarettes." The girl deadpanned.

"Oh....right." Jim nodded as she wandered over and glanced at Ciel. The demon boy and his butler could swear a twinkle of recognition appeared in her pretty green eyes...but was gone as soon as it appeared. She handed Jim a handful of Jolly Ranchers candy. Jim looked at it with a frown, "This doesn't look like cigarettes." Gordon said.

"It's not. You're supposed to be quitting. Consider it a favor. They taste better anyway." The girl shrugged with a smile. "This is Ciel Phantomhive and his butler Sebastian." Gordon introduced the two.

"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Elizabeth-"

"Midford?" Ciel blurted. Elizabeth blinked and seemingly had her breath catch in her throat until she responded: "I actually have an ancestor by that name but..how did you know that?" She tilted her head curiously.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:19 pm 

"Well, my grandfather actually had a portrait of a Miss Elizabeth Midford in Adulthood," Ciel explained, coming up with a minor white lie, "You look so similar to her. Plus there's also the name tag on your uniform." He finished with a deadpan look in his eye. "Uh huh, and I suppose the eyepatch is a fashion statement." Elizabeth said sarcastically. Ciel's eyebrow twitched at that remark. Sebastian couldn't hide his amused smile. "Well well, that was an aptly put comeback she gave." Sebastian stated.

Elizabeth giggled, "Y'know, I can't put my finger on it but...you seem familiar...like we've met somewhere. I dunno, it's almost like.....some sorta void is being filled, weird huh?" Elizabeth asked with an innocent smile.

"Yes, it would seem weird." Ciel said with a small grin as he chuckled. "I don't find it weird and it was a pleasure meeting you, Officer Midford." He began walking away. "If you ever come across bizarre cases, do give me a call. The commissioner has my number. Sebastian, we are going home for the evening." "Yes My lord." Sebastian said as they left to go to the car.

"Well that was certainly interesting!" Grell's voice said from the seat in the car directly beside Ciel. "Reincarnation is great isn't it??" Grell asked obnoxiously as he tried to crawl over to the front seat to get at Sebastian

"If you're trying to converse with me Reaper then sit down and behave. Otherwise you'd better hope you're buckled in." Ciel said in warning the Red Reaper. Sebastian was driving home at a fast speed, and it was dreadfully obvious what Ciel was implying if Sebastian decided to suddenly slam on the brakes.

The fact he only had time to give Grell one warning was that his head was currently swimming in memories of the past. His time with Elizabeth was bubbling in the surface of his mind. Now she was back again, in a new life, new personality, yet had part of the old Elizabeth in her from how she gave the commissioner Jolly Ranchers instead of Cigarretes.

"Now Tell me Grell, How the devil did she Reincarnate?" He finally asked.

Grell huffed and sat back down beside Ciel. "Judging from some murmurings I heard from the others? Her soul apparently longed for you so very strongly that it prevented miss Midford from moving on. Reincarnation is a tricky business...it doesn't just have a soul move onto the next person instantly."

"No...it skips generations. You could be Da Vinci in one lifetime and then an astronaut in another!"
"Make no mistake this girl IS your Elizabeth. It's quite rare that someone would even have the faintest memory or inkling of deja vu once reincarnating though...it appears her bond to you is simply that strong."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:03 am 

"I'm not at all surprised." Sebastian said. "I may even grow to like the new Elizabeth Midford. She may help us out when it comes to certain cases." Ciel huffed. "Get me a copy of her dossier when we get home."

"As you wish Master." Sebastian stated.

"You don't sound as overjoyed as I thought you would!" Grell said, leaning in to scrutinize Ciel. "Don't let me hold you back though, your excitement at being reunited with your long lost betrothed is going to attract attention."

"Grell, you're this close to making me Order Sebastian to brake. For now, I have to take baby steps. Starting with getting to know Officer Midford first and foremost." Ciel rationalized. "Doesn't everything nowadays get attention? Paparazzi be damned."

"Tut tut My Lord. Things like this now happen in the modern world." Sebastian said as he pulls up onto the Mansion.

Several hours passed after the conversation, and by morning, Sebastian had gotten a copy of Officer Midford's dossier. Ciel was having his morning tea when Sebastian pulled up the digital copy of the dossier. "Alright Sebastian, what do we have?"

"Well my Lord, Officer Elizabeth Midford signed onto the academy several years ago, graduated second in her class, has shown dedication in her work, even when she was a traffic cop. Now, we come to the dangerous part." Sebastian paused as he noted the glare in Ciel's eye.

"Just get on with it." Ciel mutters.

"Well, she has been given a Law Endorcement Purple Heart for getting injured in a shootout between members of Falcone's Syndicate and a small gang of street thugs." Sebastian said. "She is currently under evaluation for a detective position, left open by Gordon's promotion to Commisioner."

"Hm, so she's gone that far and still kept some part of her cheerful personality. She's still a bit girlish if giving Gordon Jolly Ranchers says anything." Ciel noted. "She'll be an interesting ally."

"Perhaps....maybe even more?" Sebastian asked teasingly with an eyebrow raised as he looked at Ciel.

"Sebastian. You're implying something that is impossible." Ciel stated as he set his cup down. "Changing subjects, are there any other would be heroes in Gotham?"

Sebastian took a small bow. "There have been none so far, regretfully, but with some people still recovering from last night, it's only a matter of time."

Ciel nodded as he looked out the window in thought. "I wonder what activities are coming up in Gotham?" He mused.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next