All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1 x 1 with Erka
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:44 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Aurora walked around as she didn't really want to interact with anyone. She was the type of girl who really wasn't a talker. A shy one you could say. The girl was just waiting for class to start right now. Why not walk around for awhile? She could use the walking anways. She brushed some of her black hair out of her eye as she leaned against the wall.

Aurora didn't know if anyone would actually try to start a conversation with one. No one really did because of how quiet she was. She sighed as she closed her eyes for a second. She would stay here until class did actually start.

Tom was walking around as he was quite bored. He was also heeding to his class. He wanted to actually get the white early. Yep. He didn't have time to stop and talk. Unless someone did really want to talk to him. Otherwise, he would just continue his way to class. He then decided to pick up some speed. Maybe he was going to be the first one there. Who knew.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: 1 x 1 with Erka
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:34 pm 

Rylan was lurking about as well, making his way slowly to class. He was followed by a few younger kids as he practiced with his ability, causing crystals to form in the drink he was carrying. He wasn't exactly allowed to bring the drink, in this case a rather strong variety of lemonade, to class, and he was even less allowed to be using his ability like that, but here he was. There were no adults around, and the kids were too impressed and even afraid of him to report him, so he figured he was safe. He saw Aurora standing around and looked over, wondering if she'd say anything.

Lily was already in the classroom, waiting for class to begin as she'd finished breakfast early. "Hi, Tom." She said as she saw him walk in, tending to the eggs she was hatching as a science project and demonstration for the younger kids; all the kids here, no matter the age, shared a classroom in this school, and the older kids were expected to help the younger ones. Lily, though new here, seemed particularly keen on this task since kids had always seemed to like her better than older people, who thought she was strange.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:22 pm 

Aurora soon opened her eyes again. She looked around as she knew she had to get to class already. She surely didn't want to be late. As she looked over, she noticed another male. She quickly looked down as her shy side stated to kick in. " Hey. " She said. Her voice was soft, and low. She was unsure if he would say anything to her. If he didn't, then Aurora was fine with it. She would just go into the classroom.

Tom smiled when he heard Lily. Ah, he had someone to talk too. That was good. He hated being bored, and he got bored quite easily too. He walked over to her as he smiled. " Ah, science project. " He said. He didn't mind science at all. It was quite interesting to him for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:37 pm 

"Hey. What's up?" Rylan responded, generally being nice as he paid half attention to her and half to the sugar crystal he was forming in his drink. He glanced up at her, seemingly slightly glad to have someone his own age to talk to for a bit.

Lily smiled, "Yeah, they've just started moving around. It's cool how fast it all happens." She said. The experimental part of this was the fact that about half the eggs were being grown without their shells, something that was only recently discovered to be possible, both to see how well that would work and improve the procedure and to allow the children to see more clearly what was going on inside. As Lily had said, some of the tiny pink creatures inside, which at this stage now actually mostly looked like bird chicks of some kind at least, had in fact begun to move around. As she spoke she tended to these eggs, making sure they didn't dry out or become infected with anything, while she'd already turned the normal "control" eggs -the only care they really needed at that point.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:37 pm 

Aurora looked over at him when he spoke to her. " Just waiting for class to start, you? " She asked. The girl was actually curious of what they would be learning today. It was like a mystery. She then looked away as she looked around. She waited for the male to respond. Aurora glanced over at him again to see the drink he had turn to crystal. What was in that bottle to be exact. " It's going to be hard to drink that. " She joked with him as she chuckled.

Tom nodded as he smiled. " Yea. " He said. He wondered if they would even do one today. He was hoping so, but it was just up to the teacher. He wasn't in charge of the class or that since he was a student. " I wonder what we are going to be doing today. " He said, as he sat down in a chair. He then took the pen that was in his pocket. Luckily, he had never lost it. Tom was the type of person who AL always lost pens. This time he didn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:49 pm 

"Same, pretty much. Practicing." He said, showing his drink a little more to indicate the crystal he was forming on the straw in the drink. He smiled at her comment, "Yeah, I'll have to dissolve it again before I drink it. Lemonade just isn't the same without the sugar."

"I think we're working on individual products today. What's yours again?" She said. They each had an individual project they worked on during many days in class that fit with their interests, which they often did reports on to the class; for example her eggs. Since her project didn't require so much work now, she instead helped the younger kids with their various projects.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:28 pm 

" Ah, I see. " Aurora said. She didn't really practice her power. Due to the fact, she did get headaches. Sometimes it was very painful which often she almost classoped. She didn't want that to happen again. She chuckled before she smiled. " I have to agree with you there. I don't know how people can drink it without sugar. " She said. It was bland without sugar.

Tom nodded. " Plant. I'm seeing is if you use driffent water, will it affect how the plant grows. " He said. He wondered if it didn't matter what water you used. Like tap water was driffent from salt water. So he wonderd of salt water would have a different effect on the plant. Basically salt water was tons of a salt. You sure didn't want to get it in your mouth. It would taste terrible for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:52 pm 

"That or it's sour. Mine would be. I make it extra strong so I can do this with it more easily." He said as they walked to class, lifting the straw a bit out of the water to show the crystals that now covered it. "I could freeze the liquid too, but that's more difficult."

"Yes, your salt water plant will probably die." She said. Salt water wasn't very good for most plants, except a few which lived near oceans and were adapted to conditions like that. "It would be interesting to try to get plants to adapt to such conditions over time, perhaps by gradually increasing the salt and choosing those which survive for selective breeding." She commented.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:02 pm 

Aurora nodded as she watched. She thought it was quite interesting. She did have that power at all. Sometimes she didn't even like hers. Who would want to suffer headaches when they read minds. Still, there had to be a way to getting over it. She just had to find out how to that was. Who knew how long it would even take it. Still, she wasn't quite worried about it now. " I can just read minds. " She said.

Tom nodded as he listened. He had to agree with her on that. He just had to find a plant near the oven. Expect, that was going to be hard for the male. " It's strange that tap doesn't effect it. You would think since it's not filtered. " He said. Tap water had all sorts of stuff in it. Stuff that probably wasn't good for you in there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:20 pm 

"That's a cool ability. I can control matter, haven't figured out to what extent yet." Rylan said, "Do you use your ability often?" He asked. Most of the students didn't because it was frowned upon, but he did because he liked his abilities and found them to be probably far more useful than this school.

"I don't suppose plants get filtered water often, living mostly outside. I think the tap water would have to be quite bad to harm them." Lily said. In general tap water wasn't much worse than filtered water unless it was from a particularly bad source, for example a contaminated well or an area where the supply pipes were breaking down into the water moving through them. She tried to go over the probability of that in their current location, however she was truly unsure of the details of where they actually were -the school was quite hidden, apparently for their safety since their abilities might cause them to be sought by bad people, and even they weren't really given much detail on their location.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:25 pm 

" No. I usually get bad headaches when I try to use it. " Aurora said. She just hoped she didn't get one today. That is if she did ever read minds. She probably wasn't going too. Maybe another day. " Reading the teachers minds are actually quite fun. I can't control it for long. " She said. Aurora wished she could, but she just couldn't do it. More practing is what she needed for sure. Also, how to get over the headaches.

Tom nodded as he listened. He could understand that. Plants didn't grow inside unless you planted them. There were use to rain from the clouds giving them the water they needed. On the other hand, you had too keep watering it, and keep it in the sun light. " Yea. I'm not sure how the experiment is going to turn out. It's just about guessing at this time. " He said, before he chuckled. He couldn't wait to see the final results.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:57 pm 

"Try practicing a little per day. I think that would help." Rylan said, "The more you practice, the easier it gets. I'm not so sure about the headaches, but becoming more used to it would probably help."

"I could tell you, if I knew where we were." Lily said, giving up on her probability as it didn't work well without knowing where they were to guess chemical levels in the water. Maybe she could as Rylan about it instead, when he got there, since he seemed to always know the chemical makeup of things.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:13 pm 

Aurora nodded before she smiled. " Yea. Thanks. " She said. She could see how it would help her. For now, she wouldn't use it. Maybe in a class. After what he said, she knew she should try it today. The girl hadn't used it all all today. She didn't really want to try it on him. Due to the fact she just started to talk to him. Also, there was no need too. She just wouldn't try it on him.

Tom nodded as he looked around. " I wonder where we are too. I even wonder if a city is even close to us. " He said. He didn't know where they were at all. He had never left this place at all. He was use to being stuck in this building. " I don't get why they can't tell us where we are. " He said. The kid did really want to know, but that probably wasn't ever going to happen.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:25 pm 

"Maybe figure out which people are easiest to read and start with them, too." He suggested, glancing at her again as they approached the classroom.

"I assume we're somewhere pretty secluded." Lily said, and shrugged a bit. "They say it's for safety, but that seems pretty weird. Maybe they think we'll tell someone; I'm not sure who, I haven't got anything from home, and no one else seems to have either."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:33 pm 

" Yea. I know sometimes the teachers are. " Aurora said, as she followed after him. Some of the students were really hard. Especially the ones that got up right away. It was hard to read someone's mind when they were walking away. It just trailed off. That's why she went more for the teachers. Still, she tried to read the student's mind from time to time.

Tom nodded once more. " They could be hiding something from us. Still, I'm not sure yet. " He said. He couldn't just amuse they were hiding stuff from them. Still, he wished he heard back from his family. How they were doing and that. " I wish I could get a letter from them. " He said.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:56 pm 

"You could find someone to practice with, though I'm probably the only one who would agree to that." Rylan said, as most of the others didn't even practice their own abilities let alone let others practice on them. Her ability didn't seem harmful, so he decided it wouldn't bother him.

"They very well might be.. I wonder if they even told our parents where this place is, or how to contact us." She said, thinking.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:32 pm 

Aurora looked at him. " Are you sure? " She asked. She didn't want to end up reading personal thoughts. She doubt she would even. " Alright. Probably after class or later. " She said. She didn't want to really do it in class. The teacher would probably ask if she had a headache. That was if she did end up having one after he read his mind.

Tom shurgged. " I wonder the same thing. I haven't seen my family in awhile. I doubt they even told my family. They would already want to see me by now. " He said. He let out a sigh as he looked away. He knew his mom would be here in a heartbeat if they told them about this place. Well, that was it they gave her the location.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:57 pm 

"Yeah, so long as I know you're going to do it, it should be fine." Rylan said, agreeing that after class would probably be a better time. For one thing, he knew it'd suck to have a headache in class.

"Your family didn't know? Mine did, at least somewhat. They know I went to a school for 'gifted' kids, although I think they think that just means really smart kids, not kids like us." Lily said. She looked somewhat concerned at him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:00 am 

" Yea. I would never do it without telling you. I will just let you know. " Aurora said. She felt it was wrong to do it without telling him. That was something she wasn't going to do. Oh, she would feel bad if she did. She was still quite neveorus to do it later.

Tom shurgged. " Well, I really didn't want to tell them. They would think that I'm crazy. " He said. He just didn't know how they would react. He just never told them. If he did tell then somehow, then his mother wouldn't be quite happy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:23 pm 

"Alright." He said as they walked into the classroom, letting his sugar crystals melt so that he wouldn't get scolded by the teacher.

"So you just disappeared to come here? I'd think they'd have spoken to your parents." She said, finding that quite odd. Would these people even be allowed to keep him without his parents' knowledge or consent?