All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:14 am 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Years have passed since the birth of Princess Ari Zephyia of the Avalon Kingdom. Sadly however, Ari had to grow up without her mother. She had died during childbirth, leaving her father without a wife and almost without a child. For months, the Kingdom mourned the loss of their Queen as did the King. He mourned more so than anyone, falling into a deep depression. Most days, he wouldn't leave his study, leaving the young Princess in the care of nannies and caretakers. When she grew to age 2, he had become close with his daughter, never wanting to leave her side, as that was the only thing his beloved wife had left behind. He kept the Princess safe, never allowing her to leave the castle to prevent anything from happening to her. He lost his wife, and now he didn't want anything to happen to his beloved daughter.

Ari has just finished the two day celebration of her 19th birthday, enabling her to start classes to learn the ways of becoming a Queen soon. Though Ari was polite, respectful and kind to everyone, she had a bit of a wild side. When her father wasn't looking or wasn't around, she would sneak off to do other fun things. Her life often grew boring, so she sought out a life of adventure. During the night she would sneak out of the castle from her balcony and run in the forest. She didn't know why, but she always felt as if she had a connection to nature on a deeper level.

The red headed girl walked in the moonlight, her night gown and hair blowing gently in the breeze as she stood in a large clearing. The moon was full and bright that night, making Ari extremely happy. She inhaled the smells of the forest and exhaled softly. Soon she would begin to sing. Like her father, singing was her favorite thing to do. Not only when she was afraid, but she loved singing any time of day.
"Go north, go north with wings on your feet.
Go north with the wind where the three rivers meet,
There's a clearing of sorts in the circle of trees,
Where the wild constellations shine one, two, and three.
Look all around you and see:
Deep in the forest, there dragons will be."
This was an old song her father used to sing to her as a child. The lyrics seemed to flow almost soothingly out of her mouth as she sang. Birds and deer gathered around as she sang, she held out her finger as a Luna Moth landed on it. She giggled and blew it softly off, sending the dainty creature to flutter away.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:55 am 

Jacob was out and about late at night, exploring as usual. He was relaxing on a tree branch high up, watching the forest floor below. He could see, hear, and smell hundreds of critters a normal human would never see in the night - deer, rabbits, opposums, raccoons, bats, owls, mice, and bugs of all sorts. He had made friends with some, but he didn't tell anyone - he'd be ridiculed by the other werewolves.
There was one noise that caught his attention, however. The song of a human girl, in werewolf territory. She was pretty, and had a great singing voice. Too bad she had to die. He clambered down the tree, morphed into a wolf, and ducked into some underbrush. He crawled up behind her and smirked as he rose up to his full height. All the girl would see is a giant shadow being cast over her as the birds and moth scattered. He projected his voice into her mind. "Sorry to disappoint, m'lady, but in this forest, the closest thing to a dragon... is me." He let out a great howl.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:50 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari watched as the moth fluttered away. The only thing she didn't understand was why the animals scattered so suddenly. It all made sense when a large shadow towered over her. She heard a voice in her head and her eyes widened as she slowly turned around. She was face to face with a wolf the size of a bear. When it howled, she fell to her back and screamed for help. She knew she shouldn't had gone that far out this night, but whenever she was in the forest, she seemed to always stay longer than she needed too. It always felt as if it was calling to her in some way. She had seen wolves before, but a wolf the size of a bear was definitely new and terrifying.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:09 pm 

Arthur was in his study when he heard a howl and a scream from outside. His eyes widened as he recognized it as his daughter. He hurried to the stables, grabbed his horse, and rode out towards the forest.

Jacob circled the girl, toying with her. He liked seeing the look of terror on human's faces - it was absolutely priceless, and he didn't get to see it often. Eventually, he grew bored, and batted her into a nearby tree with a massive paw. He raised his paw again, but as he brought it down, it met with silver. He howled in pain as Arthur shoved his sword through Arthur's paw and twisted it. Arthur ripped his sword out, and Jacob ran off into the woods limping, back towards his camp. Arthur sheathed his sword, and rushed to his daughter and hugged her. "Thank God you're okay..." he said, tears in his eyes. He began to ramble questions. "Are you hurt? Is anything broken?" Suddenly, his eyes narrowed were anger. "What were you doing out this late at night?! And this deep in the woods?! How many times have you done this?!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:05 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari watched as the wolf circled her, scrambling to her feet as he did. She watched him, her heart started to beat quickly in fear. She flew into a tree and fell to the ground, she tried to push herself up but fell back to the ground. She looked up at the wolf before closing her eyes, waiting for death. She heard a sword and then a whimper, her eyes shot open as she saw her father had stabbed his sword through the paw of the wolf.

Ari was grabbed by her father and hugged as he started to cry. His relief soon vanished as his fave turned into anger. She looked at the ground.
"Dad I only went out this one time I swear!" She said as he asked his questions. She hoped that he would believe her. She loved the forest, and didn't want to be restricted from them.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:20 pm 

Arthur sighed, and shook his head. "Ari, you've left me no choice." he said, walking towards his horse. "I'm increasing the castle security. You are to stay out of the forest. Do I make myself clear?" He hopped on his horse, and rode over to Ari, and extended a hand o help her up.

Jacob watched from the underbrush as Arthur and Ari rode away back towards the castle. Something about them smelled off... suddenly, it clicked. Not only did the girl have human royal blood, she had wolf royal blood too! He morphed into a human form, with a newly bandaged hand, and chased after them on foot from the shadows.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:49 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari's eyes widened as her father told her no more going into the forest. She wanted to argue with him, but she knew that nothing she could say or do would change his mind. She simply sighed, grabbed his hand and pulled herself up onto the back of the horse.
"Yes father..." She mumbled softly as she watched the forest disappear from her view.

Back in her room she sighed and stared at the ceiling. She couldn't sleep, she could never sleep when she was upset. She sighed again before standing from her bed and opening her balcony doors. She could still at least look at the forest. She put her elbow on the railing and her head in her hand as she looked up at the moon.
"Mom.... Why does father have to be so strict?" She said out loud. She often tried to speak to her mother. She wish she could have known her better. All father would say was that she was incredibly sweet and stubborn, and that she reminded him of her mom every day.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:20 pm 

Arthur headed back to his study, sat down and sighed. He rubbed his temples, and looked up at the moon. He smiled. "She takes after you so much, Raven..."

Jacob heard Ari from the balcony, and sniffed the air. She definitely had royal wolf blood. He had to get closer. He noticed a servant walking by, and quickly knocked them unconscious and dragged them into the bush. He emerged a few minutes later, dressed as a servant. He walked into the castle, and sniffed his way to the kitchen. "I need tea for the princess." he said. He was handed a cup and a scalding kettle, and he stifled a scream as it scorched his wounded hand. He sniffed his way to the princess's room, and knocked. "Tea, m'lady." he called.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:55 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari sighed softly and had started to him the same song she sang in the forest. She kept looking at the moon, wondering if her mother was up there listening to her. She stopped singing when a knock came at her door and an unfamiliar voice. She walked to her door an opened it. She saw a man dressed in servant clothing, but she didn't recognize him. She assumed that her father had hired new help to keep watch over her and opened the door wider.

Ari smiled as she nodded and stepped over.
"That's very sweet of you. Please come in." She walked back to her balcony doors and shut them. She lit a candle and sat down at the small circular table in the corner of her room.
"I'm afraid I don't recognize you. Are you new to working here?" She asked softly as she waited for her tea.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:32 pm 

Jacob smiled and entered the room, and closed the door behind him. Jacob poured the tea, and Ari asked if he was new. He smiled and nodded. "Yes, I am new." he said, and gingerly handed the princess her tea. "And may I say, it's an honor to finally meet you in person, your highness." He gave a small bow as he said 'your highness'. He hoped he was making a good first impression, and hoped she was buying his charade as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:43 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari smiled as he called her highness. She knew that it was what servants were supposed to say, but she didn't like formalities.
"Oh please. You don't need to call me highness. Just call me Ari." She smiled and took up her tea. She blew on it softly before taking a sip.
"Mmmm... Cranberry, my favorite." She gave a soft giggle and placed the teacup on the small plate she held onto. Though she didn't act like royalty, she had the poise and gracefulness of one.
"Please sit! I would like to know more about you. And don't worry, I do this to every servant. I like to know about who works for my father." She smiled and gave a soft giggle.

It was true, she loved getting to know her servants. She knew the background history of every servant and guard that worked for her father and herself. Her favorite however, was Gerard, her main bodyguard.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:08 pm 

Jacob smiled. "As you wish, Ari." When he was asked about his background, his face turned a tad red - he hadn't expected this. He smiled and sat down next to Ari. "Thank you. Nobody's ever asked me this before, where do I start..." His mind furiously began to work. "Well... I come from a small colony, far from here, on the other side of the forest. I came here looking for work. I have a big family, but we're all very close. People have compared us to a wolf pack." he laughed. "Let's see, what else is there about me... I love singing, I'm great with animals... oh! And I like to make jewelery in my spare time." From his pocket he removed a ring with a baby raven's skull on it, and in each eye hole was a shining pinkish-purplish gem. "I used to work in a mine outside my town before I came here... I managed to sneak a gem or two out." he said with a wink. He had actually found them on humans he had killed before, but he wasn't about to tell her that. He smiled. "This ring has been looking for a new home for a while now... maybe you'd be interested?" he asked.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:27 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari smiled as he called her by her name. Years of growing up with 'your highness' made her bored. She listened to him as he spoke, her eyes filled with wonder. She had always dreamt of life outside the Kingdom, so when he said he wasn't from the town, she wanted to go.

She could relate when he said he loved singing and animals, she had loved them too. She was excited that they had so much in common. She went to ask something but he had pulled out a pretty ring and asked if she wanted it. She blushed when he winked at her and nodded, reaching out and taking the ring. She smiled when she saw the gems inside and that they were her favorite color.
"Oh pink! I love this color." She gave a soft giggle as she put it on her finger.
"Oh I forgot to ask your name." She smiled and looked at him before taking up her cup and sipping from it once more.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:42 am 

Jacob blushed and smiled back when Ari asked for his name. "Jacob." he said. "Jacob Shatterthorn." He was happy his first encounter with the princess was going smoothly.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Miss Ari, I heard you've had a rough evening, so I've brought you some cranberry tea." The door opened to reveal a tan skinned, dark haired, blue eyed boy about their age. He was taller than Jacob, and was more muscular yet lithe, had broad shoulders, and had a linear scar over his right eye. He was dressed in royal guard attire, a classic silver set of armor adorned with the royal crest. He had a shield and spear on his back, a dagger at right side, and he carried a platter with a kettle and two cups, one probably for himself. He saw Jacob and Ari, who was already drinking tea, and blushed. "I'm sorry, am I intruding upon something?" he asked Ari.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:54 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari smiled as she saw Jacob blush. She heard a knock on the door and then it opened. Standing in the frame was her bodyguard, Gerard. She smiled at the man and stood shaking her head.
"No, I was just getting to know Jacob. He's a new servant in the castle." She smiled and took the tray from Gerard.
"Thank you Gerard. That is very kind of you. Now if you two will excuse me, I would like to be alone for the remainder of the night." She smiled at the two before setting the tray on the small table, putting the empty teacup on the tray and filling it with more tea.
"Gerard, will you show Jacob to the servants quarters please?" Ari smiled as she sat down in the chair, crossing her legs and sipping her tea.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:06 am 

Gerard smiled and bowed. "Of course, Ari." He held the door open for Jacob, who smiled softly and waved goodbye to Ari, and closed the door behind him. As they walked, Gerard's eyes narrowed. "I was not informed of a new servant." he said.
Jacob nodded. "Nobody was - I was hired on short notice."
Gerard nodded. "I see..." The two reached the bottom of the stairs, and turned left. They headed towards the direction of the kitchen, and entered the room next to it. There were bunkbeds against every wall, and servants were getting undressed and ready for sleep.
Jacob turned to Gerard. "Thank you."
Gerard smiled. "No problem. Get a good night's sleep - you have a long day of servitude tomorrow." Jacob nodded and waved goodbye as Gerad closed the door behind him. His mind wandered as he walked off towards the guard's barracks. Something was off about that new servant...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:35 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari waved as the two left and sighed as the door shut. She picked up her tea and sipped it until it was gone. She slipped into bed and fell asleep quickly. The night had been exhausting.

-----
Morning came quicker than she had come quicker than anyone had thought. Her maids came in and opened her curtains to bring in the light. The young princess stretched and yawned, getting up and eating as usual. Her maid dressed her and left her to go about her daily happenings.

She sighed as she walked to the throne room and sat in her chair besides her father.
"Good morning father." She said as she looked up at him. She was still mad at him for taking away her access to the forest, but she still loved him.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:49 am 

Arthur smiled at his daughter. "Good morming, dear." He stood. "As usual, I will be in my study. The big project I'm working on is nearing completion, so I'll be able to spend more time with you soon."
Gerard and several other guards walked into the throne room and bowed. "Your highness." they said in unison.
Arthur smiled. "Ah, yes - I believe Gerard has some exciting news for you, Ari." He gave Gerard a wink, and headed off to his study.

Gerard smiled and nodded at Arthur, and then turned to Ari. "Ari, you are an amazing, beautiful girl. We've known each other for quite a while, and I was wondering..." He got down on one knee, and removed a plain golden engagement ring from his pocket. "...Ari, will you marry me?"

Jacob was out sweeping the stables of Arthur's horses, but could hear everything that was being said thanks to his wolf hearing. He froze for a moment out of shock at his question, and then quickly shook his head and went back to sweeping, as to not draw attention to himself from the other servants. If Ari said yes, the entire reason he had become a servant had gone out the window.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:12 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Ari watched as her father left and stood when he did, she walked down the steps as Gerard spoke. She watched as he got down on one knee and proposed to her. She didn't want to get married if she was being honest. She didn't want to be tied down, she wanted to be herself and independent which was not normal for women these days. She looked at Gerard and gave a soft sigh.
"I don't believe I have a choice do I?" She mumbled to herself and nodded.
"Yes... I will marry you." She held out her left hand so he could put the ring on her finger. She was not excited whatsoever, and she would have a word with her father after she was done here.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:18 am 

Gerard smiled, but he gave a soft sigh - Ari was mumbling seemed upset about something, but he didn't know what. Oh well, it was probably nothing. He went to place the ring on Ari's finger, and frowned. "There's another ring..." He looked up at Ari quizzically. "What's that about?" he asked, concerned.

Jacob had entered the throne room silently and had begun to sweep. He had heard Ari's mumbling, and smirked smugly to himself as he swept. He froze for a moment again at the mention of the ring he had given Ari, but continued to sweep. He trusted that she could play it off - it was just a gesture of friendship anyway, not of relationship status.