All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:58 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Draco shrugged again, not really sure what to say about that. Sure, a lot of things had happened since they last saw each other, but people usually don't change that drastically, and he couldn't really imagine that Harry would have gone through any dramatic change.
"I doubt that anything that would make me feel lesser of you happened," he stated, as he met Harry's eyes. It was almost a little too intimate for the conversation they were having, but Draco enjoyed every second. It was rare that he just got to talk to people like this, and it felt nice to just be seen as a person, and not a celebrity, for once.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:40 pm 

Surprised by that answer, Harry's smile faded for the few moment it took for him to fully process what Draco had actually said; once it dawned upon him, a crooked grin lit up his face.
The smile, however, didn't last long, for the thought of Draco having any thoughts about Harry at all quickly became overwhelming. In a matter of moments, Harry became flushed, and he looked away while clearing his throat; he had, undoubtingly, misunderstood.
"A lot has happened to you, too," Harry awkwardly countered, his eyes looking at something in front of him. "You're a proper celebrity now, I'm surprised nobody has approached you yet."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:08 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco's smile faded slightly at that, having never really gotten accustomed to being referred to as a celebrity. It wasn't that he didn't know that he was rather famous, but he never really appreciated people pointing it out. It was part of his life, but it was something he would rather keep at a distance. He was extremely fortunate that his fans respected his privacy, and usually left alone in public. It made his life a whole lot easier.
"I am extremely fortunate, and people tend to see me as a person and not just a concept," he said, maybe a bit harsher than he should have. "They usually leave me alone when I'm out. They respect my privacy."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:15 pm 

"Oh," Harry said, surprised by the change of tone, as he turned to look at Draco. "No, yeah, of course ... that makes sense," he muttered, his attention far away as he tried to figure out what he had said for Draco to distance himself in this way. With a sour taste in his mouth, Harry looked away.
"This is me," he said, nodding towards a gated townhouse with a blue sign a few blocks ahead. The school was probably at a distance where Draco could follow along a bit further, but Harry's heart was hammering in his chest, and he just wanted to go. "It was nice seeing you," he muttered under his breath, still not looking at Draco as he spoke.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:13 am 

Draco nodded softly at that, relieved that they would be able to break the awkward tension, even if it was by separating. He'd probably never get accustomed to being referred to as a celebrity. It just seemed too strange to him, and he could never really see himself in that role. After all, he was just a person, being fortunate enough to do something he really loves for a living.
"Likewise," Draco said, mustering only a polite smile. It has been nice seeing Harry, but he probably had to get used to the idea of Harry only seeing him as a celebrity. It hurt, more than a little, but he would probably get over it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:23 am 

Harry nodded absentmindedly, eventually gathering the courage to look at Draco again. Though there was a small smile on his lips, Harry seemed more than anything uncomfortable as he tried to figure out how to most politely leave.
"Alright, goodbye, Draco," he eventually said, attempting to sound as casual as possible, while also being painfully aware that saying see you later would simply be a lie.
Once again, Harry nodded, managing a small but genuine smile, before turning around and continued down the street.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:05 pm 

____
Draco still really wasn't sure where he had Harry, but he felt like he should give him a second chance. After all, he had enjoyed his time with Harry a lot, but he had to make sure that this wasn't about his fame. It was always tough to figure out what people wanted for him, but he felt that it would be the right thing to give Harry another chance.
That was why he was sitting in the same coffee shop as they had met in last time. He had brought one of his guitars and was strumming it softly, trying to find the correct tune to the song he was writing. Every once in a while he would stop playing, only to furiously scribble down on his lined paper to remember what he just played. He usually remembered most of it anyway, but he wanted to be absolutely certain that nothing was lost.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:45 pm 

When Harry a couple of days ago saw Draco's name on his phone display, Harry had almost been so surprised that he had almost missed the call while trying to figure out why the other was even calling. He had last left Draco with a stomach ache, as he had seen himself ruin any chances of seeing Draco again - but while simultaneously being able stop himself from doing so.
Now, as Harry once again found himself in front of the same door leading into the same café, he still couldn't quite believe Draco had any interest in meeting again. Once again, he got caught up in that train of thought, and he didn't think to move, before a man behind him politely asked if he could get past him. Awkwardly, Harry stuttered an of course, before entering the café and holding the door open for the stranger.
Finding himself in a point of no return, Harry inhaled and, after a quick glance around to locate the other, moved towards the table where Draco was seated. The fact that Draco was, once again, deep in thought and this time with his guitar, made Harry's heart skip a beat.
"Hi there," he eventually said, his words soft as he stopped at a reasonable distance from the table.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:55 am 

The sound of a familiar voice made Draco stop playing and look up from what he had been doing. The sight of Harry made him smile and put his guitar away, as he rose from his seat to properly greet the other. Despite how they parted ways last time it was nice to see Harry again and Draco was happy that he had decided to ask him out again. It would be a shame to completely lose touch with Harry again after all.
"Hi you," he said with a warm smile as he approached Harry, placing a soft hand on both of Harry's upper arms as he leant in to quickly place a kiss on either cheek. "Sorry for working. The bridge is being complicated and I need to hear the tune to be able to write it properly," he explained as he moved away from Harry again. He ran a hand through his hair, as he sat back down.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:18 pm 

Once again, Harry became momentarily paralysed the moment Draco's lips were on his cheek. He should have expected it, this being the second time Draco greeted him with a kiss, but there was no way in hell he would ever be fully prepared. Just as the last time, Harry's face heated up, and he stood an awkward moment to fully regain his right mind.
"Don't worry, this time I am running a bit late," Harry mumbled in an apologetic tone, forcing his gaze away from Draco's lips. Harry was suddenly struck by a feeling of deja-vu, feeling like they had already had this conversation.
"I just got out of work," he offered as an explanation, as he took off both his coat, revealing a dress shirt under an olive green sweater, "and the principal caught me just as I was about to leave."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:35 pm 

Draco nodded softly at that, understanding that things like that happen occasionally. Not that he had ever been in a position with a boss in such a way, but he understood enough to know that it happened. He adjusted his guitar with one hand, making sure that it was properly leant against his chair so that it wouldn't fall over without prompt, but his eyes never left Harry as he spoke.
"It's okay. I bet that they had something important to tell you," he said with a warm smile. It wasn't like there was a lot he could do about it after all. Harry was there now and that was more than enough to him. "You can make it up to me by getting us coffee. My treat, but you go pick it up."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:10 am 

Harry's face lit up in a crooked, toothy grin as he fumbled with his sweater sleeve, in an attempt to pull down his left shirt sleeve.
"What's your drink, then?" Harry asked, without further complaints. He finally got a hold of his dress shirt, and managed to pull the cuff back down around his wrist.
It was still completely surreal to see Draco again, and in the back of his mind, Harry knew he wasn't likely to get a third chance; he knew as much as to say that he had screwed up last time, but he had no precise sense of what did it for Draco. Harry inattentively bit his bottom lip, desperately wanting this to go well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:04 pm 

Draco grabbed his wallet to hand some money to Harry, now that he promised that he would be paying.
"A soy latte," he said, not craving anything fancy today. "It's very important that it's soy though. If they don't have more soy milk then I'll just take a regular black coffee," he added in a somewhat urgent voice. Sure, lactose wasn't going to kill him, but he would honestly just rather avoid having to spend the rest of his day on the bathroom. That was one of the fortunate side effects of so many people going vegan. It was much easier to find non-dairy alternatives to a lot of things.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:51 pm 

After what seemed to be a moment of hesitation, Harry finally lent forward in order to take the tenner Draco offered him. He had weighed his options, and decided that insisting on paying himself seemed to aggressive.
"No milk," Harry repeated the moment he lent forwards, and as he once again straightened his posture, he sent Draco a crooked grin.
In a matter of seconds, Harry had turned around and was heading towards the counter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:53 pm 

Draco nodded in confirmation as he returned his attention to his notepad in front of him. He still had that stupid bridge to work on, and he could just as well do some brainstorming while waiting for his coffee. Usually, writing songs came easy to him, but this particular song had been causing him a lot of trouble and it was endlessly frustrating.
He started tapping his pencil against his bottom lip, a soft frown appearing on his brow as he scribbled random words on his page.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:13 pm 

After a couple of minutes, Harry returned with a ceramic cup in each hand.
"Soy latte," he informed as he placed the lightest of the two coffees. "Turns out the barista has memorised your order."
Once seated, Harry placed his own cup of black coffee in front of himself. He glanced upwards at Draco with a crooked grin. "- I should have never asked you and just taken credit for his memory."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:16 pm 

Draco accepted the cup with a warm smile as he cupped it between his hands, enjoying the heat between his hands.
"But you couldn't have known for certain that he would remember and it could have ended rather poorly for me," he stated with a soft shrug before taking a sip of the warm coffee. It felt nice and easy to talk with Harry like this again and the more time Draco spent in his company, the more he appreciated his decision to give Harry a second chance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:29 pm 

Harry hummed softly in reluctant agreement, but had no further comments on the matter. He instead took a moment to silently watch Draco, as the other took a sip of the coffee - once again, the sight of Draco's lips made Harry's heart flutter.
"Listen -" Harry started, disconnected from what was actually going on in his mind. Slightly surprised by the sound of his own voice, Harry shifted his position slightly, glancing at his cup. "I think we kind of left on an awkward note last, and I'm really sorry that I made you uncomfortable; truly, it wasn't my intention."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:14 am 

The apology immediately made Draco feel bad about how he has treated Harry. Harry had no way of knowing how Draco felt about the entire thing and he shouldn't have taken it out on him. He should have explained things beforehand, but it's a tricky road to head down, seeing as it was hard to tell what people wanted from him.
"I believe that I owe you an apology as well," Draco said while looking down at the coffee between his hands. It was a moment for him to decide whether or not Harry would be worth trusting with this. "Stupid as it may sound, then I don't like viewing myself as a celebrity. I'd like to think that I am just an ordinary guy and getting reminded that I'm not is a little... jarring to me," he explained hoping that his words made any sense at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:17 pm 

"Oh, no -" Harry quickly dismissed the notion of Draco having to apologise in any way. A small frown appeared, as he once again raised his gaze to look at Draco, only to find the other avoiding eye contact too.
"- you don't -" he started, but hesitated before he got to finish his sentence. He wanted to tell Draco that there was no need to explain, but the other looked as vulnerable as Harry felt, and that made him rethink his phrasing. Harry paused for a moment, before continuing with an exhale. "It's just that the only other - um - public figure -" (Harry had to restrain himself from using the word celebrity "- I know personally is Ginny Weasley, and I guess she just has a different take on all that. I shouldn't have assumed it was the same in your case."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next