All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:43 am 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Asriel Malfoy sighed as she had finished hugging her father and mother and waved goodbye as she stepped onto the Hogwarts Express to go begin her fight year of schooling. She looked in each compartment and found some new students and some old ones. She however, just wanted to be alone for the ride to school. She had a bit of a tough life over the break at home. She constantly would get bullied by her brother because she was not like him. Her father would stand up for his daughter and would tell her that it was okay to be different. But with the way her brother acted, she didn't feel like it was okay.

Asriel finally found a compartment that was empty and put her suitcase above her head. She signed as she sat with her back against the wall. She had a feeling that this year would be somewhat difficult or drama filled. She didn't want either one, she just wanted to be able to get her studies done.

Asriel was staring out the window and a bit psytracked to notice that someone had entered the compartment to sit with her.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:03 am 

Elliot Strange, or Eli as he was more commonly called, got on the train quickly, having said goodbye to his family at the door of the train station because they were muggles. Once onboard, he walked along, looking into compartments and noticing a few familiar faces as well as a few new ones. They weren't anyone he felt like talking to, so he kept walking. He continued on for quite some time before he found the person he was looking for and entered the compartment.

"Hey. How was your summer?" He asked as he put his suitcase away. He wasn't usually very social, but Asriel was one of his oldest and best friends and the first he'd ever made in the wizarding world, so she was an exception.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:19 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel was staring at the window, in her own space when the silence was broken. She heard the familiar voice and turned to see Eli standing in the compartment door. A smile crossed her face as she saw her best friend standing there, glad to see him. Her Slytherin friends didn't like that she was friends with a Ravenclaw, but they at least thought it was better than being friends with a Gryffindor. Years have passed and Gryffindor and Slytherin are still at odds with each other, constantly competing to produce the next famous wizard or witch since Harry, Hermione and Ron.

She gave a small laugh when he asked how her summer was and shrugged.
"It was alright. How was yours?" She asked as she watched him put his suitcase above his head. Asriel didn't talk much, not even to her class mates, but she liked Eli as her friend so she didn't care about what others thought or said. Quite frankly it was none of their business.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:34 pm 

"It was alright, as well. Rather boring, there's so much I'm not allowed to do at home." Eli commented as he sat down next to her, glancing out the window as the train started moving. He was quite glad to be going back to school where there were less rules and he could continue his studies actively, rather than just reading when he wasn't spending time with his family and trying to act normal. It was nice not to have to hide what he was anymore, even though they hadn't even left the station yet.
"Things alright with your family?" He asked her, knowing she and her brother didn't exactly get along well and hoping he hadn't bothered her so much over the summer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:41 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel listened to Eli talk and she smiled softly at him. When he asked about her family she sighed and turned to him, her legs criss crossed and her back against the window. She stared at him for a minute before sighing again and speaking, shaking her head softly. "My brother hates me. He hates that I'm not like him and father when he was younger." She glanced out the doors real quick when people passed by and then back to Eli. "It's just horrible that I get bullied by my own brother for being different. You would think he'd be happy for me." She frowned softly. Looking up at him, she gave a soft but sad smile to him.

She didn't want him to feel bad for her. She hated when people felt bad for her. She was independent, but when she talked to Eli, she could tell him anything.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:08 pm 

"Yeah. Maybe he'll grow out of it, like your dad did." Eli said, trying to be positive. He was watching her as they spoke and smiled as well. He'd missed the few friends he had at school, and her most of all. She was his best friend, and his first in the wizarding world; they'd met on the train their first year and got along well, ending up becoming friends despite being in different and usually adversarial houses as well as her housemate's tendency to look down on him for having muggle parents. He was quite glad she decided to stay friends with him despite that and his general lack of common wizarding knowledge and social interaction.
"So, did you do anything interesting over the summer?" He asked, assuming her summer had probably been more interesting than his.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:24 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel smiled at Eli's optimism. It was one of things she liked about him. Whereas she was extremely pessimistic, he always seemed to see the bright side of things. She saw the way he watched her and it made her blush a little bit, but she made it go away. She didn't need a boyfriend, she just needed a friend. And she knew how bad Scorpio and the other Slytherin students would pick on her if she were to get a boyfriend in a different house, and coming from muggle parents.

Still, this didn't stop them from becoming close. When asked if she did anything interesting, she thought for a moment before giving a shrug of her shoulders. "Not really. If you consider reading interesting then I guess you could say my vacation was incredibly interesting." She gave a small chuckle as she looked at him.
"What did you do?" Asriel was always interested in what Eli had to say. Even if it wasn't interesting to anyone else, it was always nice to just talk to him.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:16 am 

"Reading is pretty interesting, depending on what it was. Besides reading, I went on a trip with my family. We went to a zoo, a couple parks, and a family reunion. It was alright, but there were a lot of crowds and noise and everything in that world seems so dull now in comparison. I couldn't even say anything about it to anyone, especially my family. They asked a lot of questions, but I couldn't really answer." Eli said. He'd found himself missing her especially during that trip, since despite her family being made up entirely of wizards and witches she didn't seem to look down on him for his muggle family and he thought she'd have understood what he was saying. He also just generally liked being around her; she was not only his best friend, but also the prettiest girl he'd ever met, that being part of the reason he'd worked up the courage to talk to her during their first train ride to school, and he liked her a lot. He'd never said anything about it though, he barely had the social skills to have a best friend, he was fairly sure, so to date someone like her would probably be too much to ask. Besides that, she was bullied for even being friends with him and he assumed it'd be even worse if they were dating. He kept those thoughts secret, but as with any set of male and female best friends there were always rumors about them, and he was pretty sure the others in his house had noticed when he stopped denying them so much.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:27 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel gave a soft laugh as he stated that he couldn't say anything about being a wizard. She sighed after laughing and shook her head. "I never understand why muggles can't know about us. But it's a rule we can't break." She shrugged and her blonde hair fell to her shoulders.

"I know what you mean by the muggle world being boring. Though I come from a long line of Pureblood's, I still know how you feel." She gave a smile and put her hand on his. The moment was broken however when the Trolley came around.

When the cart of sweets caught Asriel's eye, she jumped up quickly and rushed to it. It was well known that Asriel had a very bad sweet tooth. Anything sweet, she liked! "I'll have a licorice wand and a chocolate frog please." Asriel smiled as she handed the woman a few coins and took her candy. "Hey Eli, want anything?" The girl turned and smiled at her best friend.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:25 pm 

"I assume it's because they'd react poorly, or they did in the past. 'She's a witch, burn her!' kind of stuff. They never said much about wizards, but I doubt it would have gone much better." Eli commented. That saying had become something of a joke in the muggle world, believing that witches and wizards didn't exist, and he wondered if kids in this world were never taught about it; to him it seemed only more important that they would be, but perhaps parents didn't want to scare their children or turn them against the muggles.

Eli smiled at that, especially when she seemed to be holding his hand for a moment, "It didn't seem so boring when I was a kid, but then I came here. Even their animals are somewhat dull, in comparison."

He kept himself from frowning when she jumped up to get some candy, and looked over and shrugged. "Some of those jelly bean things, I guess." He said. He really should have known what they were called by now, but couldn't quite remember.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:53 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel smiled and laughed. She couldn't help but find it cute that he couldn't remember the names of the strange tasting beans. She handed over a few more coins and took the jelly beans from the cart. She walked over and sat down with her back against the window.

"For a Wizard, you probably should know the name of the candies you eat!" The girl giggled as she took the licorice wand out of the packaging and bit into it. She could tell that something was wrong with Eli, so she decided to ask. Though she wouldn't push him if he didn't want to talk about it.
"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked softly, worry in her voice as she spoke.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:29 pm 

"I really should.. They're someone's every flavored beans. I remember part of it." He said, shrugging again as he began trying to sort the beans. As he usually did, he sorted them based on what flavor he thought they were and if he thought they were edible. "I don't see why they put the gross ones in here, unless it's just so people can laugh at their friends for eating them." he commented.
Eli seemed a little surprised when she asked what was wrong, "Nothing really, you just got up really suddenly." He said. He wasn't really sure exactly what to say, and that was at least true.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:23 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel watched as Eli tired to sort the beans out. She thought that it would be kind of be pointless, they all looked the same for the reason of fun. She remembered the first time she played that game. In her Slytherin quarters on the first night, some of the second and third year students decided to play the game so the new students would be comfortable. It worked, making the Slytherin students bond a bit more.

She listened for his reasoning of him being a bit upset. She gave a soft smile and touched his hand again softly.
"Sorry that I did that. I just get really excited when I see candy." She gave a bit of an embarrassed giggle. It was no secret that the girl was obsessed with sweets, though she pretended like it was. At home she didn't really get sweets a lot, so going back to school was like heaven for her!

My Character's

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:10 am 

"I know, you really like your candy." Eli said, smiling as well in amusement. He wondered if trying to hold her hand would be weird, decided it would be, and then simply let her do as she wanted as he gave up on sorting the beans and just ate one. It was one of the ones that was supposed to be gross, so he made a face, although it wasn't the worst he'd had; it was just grass flavored.
"Wizard candy is weird. Normal jelly beans at least try and let you know their flavor." He commented. He'd actually brought some normal candy with him, since she liked candy and he didn't think it was all that much different besides whatever magic was done to it, and he'd found that some candies didn't seem to have a wizarding equivalent. He glanced at the chocolate frog she'd bought, "Those ones are probably the weirdest."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:52 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel watched as Eli put a bean in his mouth. Like everyone, she knew he'd be hoping for a good tasting bean, but instead got a horrible tasting one. She laughed at the strange face he made. She would laugh again at his comment about wizard candy being weird. Ya it was weird, but somehow, it tasted better than muggle candy.

Asriel opened the packaging of the chocolate frog, it immediately hopped out and onto her lap. She giggled and picked it up.
"Ya they're pretty strange." She said before taking a bite. "But they are delicious." She smiled at Eli and took out the collectors card that came with it. She gave a soft frown as she saw who it was. Severus Snape stood intimidatingly on the card, staring at her with bored eyes. She knew that the Slytherin professor was hard on his students, but she also knew his past and how sad it was. She felt horrible for what happened to him. He may have done horrible things to others, but he never deserved to die.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:12 pm 

"Maybe. They seem too alive, to me. It's sort of freaky." Eli said, watching the frog jump around before she ate it. In his first year he'd tried to keep a chocolate frog, trying to determine how much like a real frog they actually were and for how long the magic on them would last. He'd kept it as a sort of pet for a few days before one of the older students, a known bully, took it and ate it. His eleven year old self had been more upset about that than he'd let on, and he'd yet to actually eat one of the strange enchanted frogs.

He saw her frown and looked a bit concerned, "What's wrong?" He asked, looking down at the card. He recognized Snape, him being one of the more fascinating characters of recent wizarding history in Eli's opinion as he not only taught one of his favorite subjects but was also a spy, a class of people which had always been seen as cool in muggle culture. Eli wasn't sure he agreed with that in general, but he did think Snape had been an impressive figure, despite his decidedly depressing life.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:26 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel looked at Eli when he had asked what was wrong. She smiled at him and held the card so he could see better.
"Snape was such a good professor. Well from what I've read and heard from my father at least." She smiled as she looked at the holographic picture that moved.
"He had a sad life. But that didn't stop him from teaching." She gave a soft smile and put the card in her bag. For the rest of the ride to Hogwarts the two would converse about many things. They would see what classes they had together and talk more of their dreams.

As the Hogwarts Express slowed at the station, Asriel stood and grabbed her things from the top rack.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:46 pm 

"Yeah, things never seemed to go well for him. At least he was good at his job." Eli commented, and then continued talking with her as the train made its way. He was glad to at least have some classes the same as her.

Some time later, the train arrived and he got his stuff to follow her off the train. "So, do you think anything interesting will happen this year?" He asked as they got off the train, wondering if there would be any new announcements made tonight at dinner, or if it would be the usual welcome back speech they heard every year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:51 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Asriel stood in wait as a wagon being pulled by a Thestral walked away. That one was filled with students pretty quickly, so the two of them had to wait for the next one.

She heard him ask if she thought anything interesting would happen. She gave a soft shrug and smiled at him.
"I don't know. We can only hope right?" She smiled at him softly as she loaded her luggage and herself onto the next wagon.
"I wonder how Professor Longbottom's break went. He always seemed so peculiar. Even when he was younger. So I've heard from my father." She gave a soft giggle. For her being a Slytherin and professor Longbottom being a Gryffindor, they were pretty similar. She loved herbology, potions and transfiguration. Those were her favorite subjects out of all the classes she has taken or will take at Hogwarts.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:15 am 

Eli nodded as he loaded his stuff on and sat beside her. "Yeah, but he turned out pretty cool. He know just about everything about plants. Maybe it's the same here as it is in the muggle world, the nerdy and kinda peculiar kids end up being successful and interesting as adults, although by muggle standards I think everyone here would be considered quite peculiar." He said. He liked herbology, but he found animals to be more interesting in general. Professor Longbottom was also one of the younger teachers, making him a little easier for students to relate to despite his being slightly strange even for a wizard. "Don't we have his class together?" He asked. He was pretty sure they did, but wanted to be sure.