All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:58 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Seeing that Kate wasn't upset with him, at least as far as he could tell, Jasper turned his eyes back to the table. It was slightly easier to make decisions like this, being given a handful of options on one thing to chose, the limitations helped him adjust from having no choice to having one. He considered the colours again, still a little hesitant with the choices. It was a shorter list this time, fewer things to choose from.

"Black." He said, a bit more confidently than before. It was an easier choice too, black was a simple colour, and not too far from what he was use to wearing. 

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:10 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate turned to a page of fabric swatches, "This is going to be different. On this page are satin, wool, linen, and cotton. You may touch the swatches. What would you choose for winter shirt against your skin? What would you choose for under clothes? What you like for pants?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:26 am 

Jasper watched Kate turn the page, and looked to the mage as she explained the next set of instructions. He paused before doing anything, but slowly moved to brush his hand against each of the different materials. Each felt different, like material he wasn't suppose to touch. He liked the feel of the satin, but felt it would be too much against his skin. 

"Cotton, linen and wool." He answered in the order of what Kate had asked. It had taken him a few minutes longer than before, but eventually he had chosen. 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:36 am 

Kate was ecstatic. She grabbed his hands, and jumped up and down. "Hurrah you did it. She danced in a circle around him, "Your a fast leaner and can say what you like. Ask me a question about what I like? Anything that comes to your mind."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:18 am 

Jasper tensed when Kate grabbed his hands and began jumping up and down, not having been prepared for such quick movements all of a sudden. He mentally kicked himself again for letting his guards down, he should always be prepared, ready for anything to happen. He was glad that Kate was happy, the worries of her being upset with him slowly melting away as she danced around him. 

He wasn't sure he would be able to say what he liked if he hadn't been given the options of what to choose from. He was trained to keep all opinions to himself and be grateful for what he got, whether he liked it or not, but Kate was trying to reverse this. At her final comment he drew a blank. He couldn't do that! Slaves were never suppose to be so open to their masters or mistresses, he had already slipped up on that enough times already. But he also knew that Kate was asking him to do this, giving him an order he couldn't refuse without disobeying again.

He tried to think of something to ask, looking around the room for anything to give him an idea. But his thoughts wandered back to Malora and his life before being gifted to Kate. He knew Kate wasn't like Malora, though he had been owned by both of them, and treated completely different with each. There were many things he didn't want to ask, for fear of discovering he had been wrong about his new mistress. He also knew that the two were related. With his experience of family, he wasn't sure how well they functioned, or how members treated each other, but surely if one was related to another you had something in common.

"D...do you like your family?" He asked, not being too specific with who he was referring to, but leaving it open for Kate to decide.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:26 am 

Kate tuned that would be challenge for him. She was patient in her excited state. Jasper was making an effort to think of an answer. She sat back in the chair across his. She understood his momentary shudder, "Do you like your family."

An unexpected question, Kate had no ready answer, he gave a thought provoking question. Kate blinked looked down getting her thoughts together, "You ask a very good question. One, I never been asked. Over all I love my family. I am not always happy them. I feel loved by them. Then love has many meanings. You can feel love differently for each family member. Does that make sense to you?"

If not for his lack of or because he never had a family very long. She resisted to ask him. He did not need another meltdown. She was aware they needed to finish shopping. The mage needed to get him shoes. It would be time to eat soon.

Kate stood up offered her hand, "You may speak freely. Always. We need to finish getting you a full wardrobe of winter clothes. There are so many things you need. The shop floor is overwhelming. I feel the same way. There are too many items and styles to choose from. How do you want to shop? Would you like to pick two items, if I give you four similar items to choose. Do want me to bring the items to you in here or do you want to be with me."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:45 pm 

When Kate paused before answering Jasper thought he had said something wrong and lowered his head. His ears twitched when she said it was a good question after a few moments, causing Jasper to lift his head, giving her a confused look as she began explaining. He tried to follow along with what she was saying, but didn't really understand how you could love a family member differently than another, or even how the different types of loves worked. He tried to straighten it out in his head but failed to, shaking his head to Kate's question.

As silence filled the room, Jasper couldn't help but think about family, specifically his own. He don't know much, or anything for that matter. He had always just assumed his parents had either been slaves themselves, or had abandoned him. Growing up he had never really seen anyone as family, or friends, merely fellow slaves or as masters. He was grateful that Kate didn't ask, changing the topic entirely. 

He looked up when she stood, accepting her hand as he too stood. When Kate said she found the shop floor overwhelming, Jasper tilted his head slightly. She should be use to this sort of thing, having likely grown up in places like this one all her life. He listened to what she was proposing. He liked the idea of having the choices narrowed down, less to worry about and consider, but he didn't want to be left alone, not yet, and not in this environment. 

"I'd like to go with you." He said, meeting Kate's eyes. 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:11 pm 

Kate tilted her head toward the door and shook it slightly, with his hand in hers, she stood back and motioned him to open the door. The mage looked overs the winter garments and all went without incident as she narrowed the choices and he was all set. Mr. and Mrs. Snead took their merchandise as they shopped, at last they were done by lunchtime.

Kate made arrangement for all to be delivered to her father's manor. Before they left, she turned to Jasper and faced him at the counter, Choose what clothes you want for the rest of the day that you like to keep warm. I will had it to you. All these colors go well together and you will not make a mistake. Set out two whole outfits and accessories, on a display table that had an empty top. Then she held a coat and cloak. Which one do you want?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:31 pm 

Following Kate through the store and slowly making the choices between items when presented, they finished and made there way to the counter. Jasper was still uneasy about the whole thing, but nowhere near as bad as before, he hoped to avoid anymore breakdowns. Focusing on this, he didn't notice Kate turning to face him until she spoke. 

Lifting his head, his gaze moved between the clothes and her, considering what she had asked him to do. He knew she had said he wouldn't make a mistake, but he still felt he was overthinking everything. Eventually he chose the black pants and red shirt, with the necessary accessories, and a second outfit as well, just as Kate had instructed. Having finished this, he turned back to Kate and noticed the coat and cloak she held. Indicating the cloak, he looked at everything and felt that familiar feeling telling him he didn't deserve it, or anything for that matter. Lowering his eyes to the floor with a sigh, Jasper silently hoped that they were almost done. 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:51 pm 

Kate gave the rest of the clothes to Ms. Snead and noticed Jasper looked at his feet, his tail fell, and ears were back. Kate handed the items to Mrs. Snead , "After this we will go eat. I will choose for you. You can not go outside without an outer covering. Last choice. Jasper?" The mage placed her hand on each of his shoulders and look up at his downward cast, green eyes, "What are you thinking?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:15 pm 

Jasper had heard Kate speaking, but not what she had said, too lost in his own thoughts. He felt her hands on his shoulders and slowly came back to the present, eyes locked on the mage's own. He heard her last question clearly but didn't want to answer it. He didn't want her to know about the voice, his own, that belittled him, mocking and taunting where only he could hear. He didn't want her to know about how low he thought of himself, he was a slave and nothing could change that, he deserved to be what he was. He didn't want her to know that every look cast his way cut through him and made him want to curl up or disappear. He could lie and say he was fine, but he knew Kate would see through that. He could tell a half truth, that he was thinking about his past, and leave it at that. But she would know. 

He knew he couldn't lie, it wouldn't be right. He had been punished before for not being honest, so why was he even considering it now? He was a possession, he didn't have rights of his own. His whole existence was to serve. 

"It doesn't matter. I'm fine." He said in a low voice, just above a whisper. It was his job to do as he was told, even when he felt at his worst. He just had to fake it like he had always done.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:25 pm 

Kate look into his eyes and smoothed a lock of his hair beside his cheek, "There is more, now is not the time to pry. We spent enough time here. You will need these for months and you have done well to unlearn. Grab your outer covering. Hungry? Lunch time."

The lords daughter her gift's hand and stood by the door, "You will like Heidi and her food is good. Not as good as Ann's cooking."

Peel is talking to the delivery boy and opens the carriage door. Kate nods to Peel, "Thank you for waiting. We will have lunch at Heidi's, The Boars Tusk. Please."

Peel awaited for Jasper to step up,"You look like one of us. You'll fit in now. Eh, ya needs ta talk, come see meh."

He closed the door once Jasper took a seat, He drove right through the middle of town and stopped at a clap board inn. There were several patrons inside and horses and a wagon were hitched outside.
Peel climbed down his perch and opened the carriage door to find both Kate and Jasper snuggled in a quilt. "Where here Katie, Jaspie enjoy yor lunch. Lad, ya don't have ta be proper, ya can eat with yan fingers. I will be back in an hour and half."

Kate sat in the carriage and removed the quilt, "Go first my gift, Please"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:17 pm 

He was glad Kate decided not to probe further. He didn't think he'd be able to keep up the act if she did. It was odd hearing her praise for unlearning something, it just didn't feel right, going against what he had come to know as the norm. Taking the cloak, Jasper felt himself being led to the door where Kate waited. 

As they exited the shop, Jasper took the opportunity to look around at his new surroundings. His ears moved picking up on all the noise he hadn't heard as clearly from inside. He senses were attacked by all the stimuli, so many sounds, sights, and smells. Quickly turning his attention back to the carriage, he was a little embarrassed to see the man from earlier, Peel, waiting. Jasper felt his ears lower slightly and a faint blush appear on his cheeks at Peel's words about fitting in. Stepping up after Kate, Jasper took a seat, and was surprised when Kate covered them both with the quilt. He watched the scene out the window, noticing the people and the colour in the town. 

When the carriage stopped and Peel opened the door, Jasper felt he liked the man. It would take some time before he ever took him up on the offer to talk, but he felt like someone he could grow to like. He expected Kate to go first, but was proven wrong when she told him to go. Not wanting to disobey, Jasper stepped down and stood next to Peel, waiting patiently for Kate as he surveyed the new location. He located a bunch of rowdy looking men, stinking like rotted fish and wobbling on their legs. He assumed they were from the docks and felt it best to avoid them so long as they kept away.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:58 pm 

Kate took Jasper aside, "Have you been allowed to eat in an inn, before now?"

Kate hated class different and preferred The Boar Tusk. This was the heart of the town, news, tales, coming and going of local folk and out of town folk mingled. Jasper, she was afraid would feel out of place. The upper class folk flaunt their slaves, pets, and familiars in regalia at the posh in The Coach and Six.

Kate stood on her tip toes, "This is my regular place to eat. No fine dining. The place is clean. Heidi keeps a regular place for me. I hate to ask, what did my aunt teach you about manners. I can move to a table in the kitchen, if you have been forced scraps. I ask, because I would like you to sit across from me. Jasper, I have watch the horrid way slaves are forced to sit at an inn. Most are made to sit on the floor by their master's feet and are given table scraps. Are you nervous? I do not want you to get an upset tummy." Kate lowed her feet and held his gloved hands as she turned to him, "I want this to be a good experience for you. This is not a teaching moment. I just want you to have an enjoyable meal. You need proper food. No more pit fighter muck or table scraps. Have you been allowed any table food? Jasper, I need to ask. Can you read?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:46 pm 

Jasper felt himself be pulled aside and pulled his attention back to Kate. He shook his head to her first question, then reconsidered. Whenever Malora or Draco had spent any time at an inn, he had always stayed outside with the animals. But there were rare moments when he had been forced into his Savannah cat form and showed off at fancy restaurants, and during events hosted by the couple. Though during those times he had been fed scraps, or various things he didn't know the name of. 

He considered Kate's next question. He was almost always in his feline form when brought into public viewing, unless of course he needed to carry something, or perform some other task. 
"Sit at the mistress' feet, stay quiet, do what I'm told." He listed off, not meeting Kate's eyes. It was an automatic response, one he knew well. When Kate said she wanted him to sit across from her, he closed his eyes and let out a shaky breath. Was he nervous? Heck, yes. But he knew Kate was trying her best to retrain him. He opened his eyes as she took his hands. He once more shook his head when Kate asked if he had been allowed table food. Apart from the small moments when Malora may have been showing off how good her slave was, he had always had scraps, or what he could steal. 

He made to answer her final question on whether or not he could read, but stopped with a sigh.
"No." He answered. He could recognize some words, but it had never been a priority, or even given thought to teach him to read. He felt like a disappointment to Kate. He was more of a problem then anything. Malora had always focused more on his physical appearance, often hiding the wounds and bruises with spells.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:32 pm 

Kate listened to his every word and body language. The idea of him eating with her terrified him. "!I will ask Heidi for a private table by the back wall. We will not be seen by other patrons. Rif raff do not show themselves till later in the afternoon or at night. Forgive me for bringing your past up. Come on, it's cold and we will warm up with hot spiced cider, bowl of seafood soup, warm sweet bread. Sound good"

The mage moved to his left and stood back as he opened the door. The wind picked up and their faces stung. As tey entered the were greeted by a loely lady dressed in a Baverian, heavily embroderied dress, the top was white lace that showed a lot of cleveage, her red skirt was very short and revealed toned, fair legs. She was very much human. Her platium hair was platted as a crown over her head, Two long braised hung over her ears, that were tied with red bows. Her blue eyes were three shate lighter than his.

The lady saw Kate enter with a tall strang cat-man. She rushed to hug Kate, "Kattee, good to see ya and who is this strapping, handsome fellow?"

Kate hugged her back and kissed her on both cheeks,"Heidi, this is Jasper. He just arrived in town and is my charge. He is very new to our customs. May we have a private table, Please."
Heidi smiled and let them to a table that had its own booth, "Here you are. What can I get you to start off with Ale, hot tea, warm cream, hot cider?"

Kate removed her cloak and mittens and hung them on a hook on the wall. She motioned to a hook oppsite hers, "Heidi, we will both have hot cider, a glass of warm cream for Jasper. Thank you."

Heidi placed her hand on Jasper's right shoulder, "Welcome to Wildwood, Jasper. Yah is the best of care with Kattee. Ya gonna be a regular, yah wants anythin' gest ask. May I gets ya tast of wassil, spiced apple brandy. Cut the edge off, yah won'ts get but a wee buzz?"

Kate nodded, "We would both like a mug. Small ones please."

The bar maid patted his shoulder and whispered in his ear, "Glad yah here, yah first time, Jasper yah meal is on the house. Is a tradition."

Kate nodded and smiled, "Thank you, Heidi. Thank you."

Kate motioned for Jasper to sit, at the table, set a place for two. The table was rustic wood, made from a solid piece of wood. It was undressed with two ladder back light wood chairs. Silverware consisted of a two tined fork, soup soon, gun handle steak knife, all wrapped up in a white cotton napkin."

Heidi returned carrying a tray with mugs, glass of water, a cup of warm cream and basket of bread and a tiny bowl of creamy butter. All she placed neatly on the table. "The special of the day is fried shrimp, a small salad with house dressing; your meal comes with crab cake and corn on the cob. Jasper, would yah like a taste of Marie's seafood bisque? Yah don't ets the tails."

She spoke in vernacular that Jasper would be familiar. Heidi winked at Kate.Kate smiled and nodded, "Heidi, I will have the same, I would like to add four chicken wings, and two bowls of chicken n dumplings. Thank you. There are for Peel."

Heidi turned and head for the kitchen. Kate unwrapped her napkin and placed it on her lap. She look up gazing at Jasper, "She made ordering easy. I am glad we get to sit. Please, you may begin. Go ahead taste your drinks."

Kate knew he had to be prompted as she broke the loaf of bread; tore off a chunk and buttered it with her knife and handed it to him once he tasted a drink. "Heidi brings as much to the table as you want."

The mage buttered a piece of bread and took a sip of cider, "I am happy your with me;I be eating alone. It really nice to have your company."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:22 am 

Why was Kate apologizing to him again? It was such a bizarre thing for Jasper to comprehend. Mistress' never apologized to their slaves, ever. Trying to push this aside, Jasper focused on the present to the best of his ability, moving to open the door for Kate. Following her in, his ears once more picked up on all the sounds, and his nose did the same with the scents. He stopped a few paces behind her, as Kate was enveloped in a hug by a fully human woman. At her comment, Jasper pulled his ears back and took half a step back. He stopped when Kate returned the hug and introduced him, he couldn't help but realize how she had left out the part that he was her slave. 

Following the two ladies, Jasper picked up on Kate's motioning and removed his cloak and gloves as well. At the feeling of a hand on his shoulder, Jasper froze, tensing. Not moving, he listened to Heidi, pulling away slightly with a sharp intake of breath when she whispered in his ear. He watched as the woman left, looking to Kate when she was no longer in view. She was motioning for him to take a seat, but he was struggling trying to obey. All the times he had been in a situation like this it was completely different, forcing himself forward, and seating himself. He could feel that his back and shoulders had tensed once more, his hands resting shakily in his lap under the table where Kate couldn't see them. 

Keeping his eyes down, Jasper didn't look up when Heidi returned and placed the assorted items on the table. When she had once more left, and Kate addressed him he pulled his gaze up to the mage's. At her direction, Jasper eyed the drinks Heidi had brought and hesitantly pulled the glass of warm cream closer. Looking once more to Kate, he took a small sip. It tasted really good, but he carefully set the glass back down and was about to return his hands to their previous position when Kate handed him the bread. He let Kate's words calm him, letting him feel like he wasn't completely disobeying. He was following orders, even though they went against what he was use to.  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:02 am 

Kate watch as he slowly took a sip and all the time his eyes were cast down. She remained silent as she gazed at her gift. He was forlorn sight. She was glad they had privacy. After Heidi returned with the food she sat tall and took a deep breath, "Jasper, I promised to not treat you as a slave. I will treat you as I would a familiar. Set next to me as a Savannah Cat., in the chair. I will not give you scraps nor will I hurt you."

The mage placed his plate in front of her and rearranged from the other dishes; as she replated his food, "You can have seafood from the lobster bisque, a little bit carrots, cucumber, crab cake, and warm cream. There now. She placed his plate in front of him. You want anything; meow point with your paw, Please."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:18 am 

His thoughts had wandered as they waited, not to anything in particular, but it was enough that when Kate spoke his name he immediately looked to see what was wrong. His first thought was that she was going to take back her promise, that he would once more be treated like the slave he was. But as he heard the rest of what she had to say, he calmed down from the slight panic this had sent him into.

He paused a moment, watching Kate, before he shifted his form. Carefully he leap onto the chair next to Kate and sat, wrapping his tail around his feet. He felt a wave of guilt wash over him, he felt he had disappointed Kate, upset her in some way. He listened quietly as she listed off the food, replacing what Heidi had brought. True, he felt a little more comfortable like this, it was closer to what he had grown use to, but he still felt he had hurt Kate. 

Catching the mage's eye, he tried to convey this with his own, silently asking if she was okay. 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:43 am 

Kate stroked his back and her voice softened as did the muscles in her face, "Yes, I am alright. I see you need little steps and I can be little mistress like, with you in this form. I can still be nice, as you need love and kindness. I like petting you, your soft, and I love your pur. Can you speak common to me? I have a real cat and you talk. Can you find a way to blend your forms to speak common. Your special Jasper, I hate that Malora has you so well trained. Are you cold sitting there?"

She adjusted his booties and thought about her knapsack. "Do you want your blanket?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next