All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:47 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Scott chuckled slightly at Lunamaria's comment.

"Sure thing." He thought, he wasn't ready to talk to Alastor about anything other than mission related things just yet. Maybe that would change, but for now he would likely just keep to himself.

Snapped from his thoughts by Cortana, Scott turned in his seat a little to look at the other Spartan as Alastor replied to the comment on not finding anything on them. He felt the water splashing over them, and sent a look to the driver, a grin on his face.

"Way to ease him in to it." He laughed. "Now he's going to think we're some freaky time travelers seeking to overthrow our timeline by coming back here!" It was clear in his voice that he was joking. Laughing, the ODST turned back to face the front. "But it's true what Alastor said. Lucky us got a little more than we were signed up for."

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:44 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"As unlikely as that sounds, I did detect an anomaly when the Chief and I were still on the Dawn. Some sort of craft three times the size of a Pelican appeared 8 hours before I woke up Chief out of a strange rip close to the Dawn's rear. Lost track of it when we got sucked in here." Cortana said, relaying information to them.

"That would probably have been us, going through that rip knocked us out for a while in the transport we were in." Alastor replied, opting to ignore Scott for the moment as he locked the warthog down in a slide at the top of a cliff overlooking an area full of Promethean enemies, "Of course, We didn't expect to wake up in a place that was destroyed in our records."

"The past is hell. The future is what we make it to be." ~Me- Random thought that may or may not ring true.

Just a heads up, my reply speed will be rather slow for now. I haven't abandoned any rps at the moment but my ability to reply at the rate i was before has diminished by a great deal. I will get to the rps that need replys but it may be a bit in the meantime. Thanks.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:23 pm 

Scott listened to Cortana. It didn't matter who was saying it, someone who had been in the incident as they had been, or someone on the outside, it sounded strange and unreal either way. Time travel wasn't exactly something you heard about everyday, especially not from a Spartan leading a team on a mission. 

As the Warthog overlooked the cliff side, the cesspool of Promethean creatures down below, Scott couldn't help but train his eyes on them, itching to take them out. They didn't need an army after them, not right now anyway.

"Does anybody ever expect that?" Scott asked at Alastor's comment, his smile evident in his voice. "Is that a thing that people expect?" He personally couldn't think of a single time anybody had told him anything of the sort, but it was an interesting, if not mildly amusing idea nonetheless.

He wasn't too sure how well the other Spartan would take to his attempted humor, but now knowing more about Alastor thanks to Lunamaria, he knew the Spartan wasn't going to drop him off a cliff, or abandon him anywhere for it...at least he hoped not.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:38 pm 

He went prone, utilizing his sniper rifle as John knelt beside him. He marked the Promethean Knights on his HUD. As the knights stood out like a sore thumb, he was able to mark up to 7 different ones, including a battlewagon. He tallied that with 8 watchers, over two dozen crawlers led by 3 Crawler Primes. All and all, just another day at the office for him. He stood as he switched to his battle rifle.

"We have to destroy three orbs to activate a light bridge that will allow us to deactivate the pylon." Cortana said, as Lunamaria was working on the signal that she noticed a while ago.

"Got it, Scott, time to play sniper." He said handing off half of the sniper rifle magazines he had to the ODST, "Anything get close to the Chief and I or looks like it might spot us, take its head off."

"The past is hell. The future is what we make it to be." ~Me- Random thought that may or may not ring true.

Just a heads up, my reply speed will be rather slow for now. I haven't abandoned any rps at the moment but my ability to reply at the rate i was before has diminished by a great deal. I will get to the rps that need replys but it may be a bit in the meantime. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:45 am 

Scott perked up, it was time to have some fun. This was what he was trained for, the reason he was put on half the missions he was assigned. Grinning like a kid on Christmas, the ODST scooped up the magazines given to him, checking to ensure his current clip was full. He listened to his order and saluted before hopping down from the Warthog and assuming a better position he held his rifle up, ready to follow through.

"You got it!" He answered the command, his eyes trained on the various creatures before them. He was used to this sort of thing, covering the team while they did something risky for the mission. He noted the Spartans positions in regards to his own and to the nearest of the creatures. It wasn't long before the first of them took notice of the two Spartans. Before they had a chance to make much progress though, they were relieved of their heads in a clean shot. He was off to a good start considering everything that had led up to this point, the time warp and all, and he hoped it lasted longer than his magazines would should this have to continue for too long. There was no telling how many shots he would have to make between now and whenever they got the chance to reload.

"I gotcha covered, you guys do your thing!" Scott said over the com to the Spartans.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:29 am 

Well, things had hit the fan quicker than he'd expected. It had been good until a watcher had seen him. The Watcher, confused by the fact his armor was giving off similar readings, drifted closer just as a shot from Scott's sniper rifle dropped it. It bounced off a hardlight shield he put up in surprise. His armor abilities didn't include a hardlight shield but Lunamaria quickly informed him of a modification she made to his bubble shield ability that allow directional shielding as well as omni-directional shielding. It worked out well as it allowed him to act as a mobile wall for John as he dropped what he could as all three orbs were taken out.

"Portal, top of the structure, haul, now" Lunamaria said to both Spartans and the ODST.

"Got it, moving now." He said, using his newfound ability to make hardlight shields to shield bash a crawler into a wall, "Scott!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:23 pm 

Scott glanced questioningly at Alastor as his armor produced some sort of shield thing. Deeming it unimportant for now, at least for him, the ODST turned his attention back to keeping the various Prometheans away from both the Spartans and himself as a few had caught on to his location. As Scott shoved a Knight back so he could shoot it when Lunamaria's voice came over the com. Sparing a second to look to where she was directing their small team, he sent another bullet through the Knight as it struggled to pull itself back up.

As he stood to start moving he heard Alastor call him.
"I'm coming, I'm coming. Somebody's got to cover where that shield won't reach." He said, moving up behind the two Spartans. He positioned himself at the back of the team as he figured the two Spartans could handle what was coming from the front while getting to the next position, while he kept their backs covered. 

"We might want to get moving." The ODST said to the other two as a small pack of creatures began moving for them. "Unless you're all for a full on battle right now." He shrugged, and loaded his second rifle, flipping the first onto his back.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:36 pm 

Alastor was about to move when a Promethean Knight teleported close to them. He was moving before he was aware of what he was doing as the Promethean swung its blade down. Scott was shoved out of the way as his armor's overshield flared and failed as the blade caved in part of his chest plate armor. John, reacting instinctively, opened up on the towering Promethean before it could finish off the stricken Spartan. The Promethean, roaring its frustration, teleported away as John knelt next to the downed Spartan as Cortana confirmed Alastor was alive but needed medical attention.

"Lets move," He said sharply, hefting Alastor over his shoulder as he sprinted up the structure after helping Scott to his feet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:20 pm 

Before Scott could get the chance to see what was happening before them, or even to react really, he was being shoved away. Hitting the ground, he shook his head and pulled his rifle up to defend himself, not having a clear idea as to what had happened other than that Alastor's shield thing hadn't functioned properly for some reason. 

He both saw and heard John open fire on whatever must have attacked. He heard the roar from the Knight, now visible to him, seconds before it teleported away. He also took in the sight of the downed Spartan not to far ahead of him.
"Well f***!" The ODST exclaimed, pulling himself up with the help of John when he took in Alastor's condition. Not having to be told twice, Scott followed the Spartan, his gun at the ready to take down anything that may decide to make them a target. The last thing they needed right now was for another Knight to get too close and make strike two.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:03 am 

John went through the portal at the top of the structure and ran to a panel with a cylinder in the center. He put Alastor down as he turned to pull the cylinder out as much as he could, turn it to the right 180°, and push it back in. The shield surrounding the large, black sphere flared as it weakened. Nodding he turned to pick Alastor back up to find that the Spartan was kneeling as his armor repaired itself. Burying his surprise, he checked his assault rifle's ammo.

"You good?" He asked the fellow Spartan as he saw him stand up holding his chest with his M7KR smg armed.

"Green, more or less." Alastor replied with a shrug of his left shoulder, since his right had taken the brunt of the Knight's blow.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:46 pm 

Scott followed John, picking off the few creatures that thought it worth their while to follow the trio. Running after the Spartan, keeping the path clear, the ODST went through the portal shortly after to be met by the sight of Alastor kneeling instead of on his back. Stopping short of the two, Scott switched his gun again, reloading the one in his hand in a fluid motion. 

He watched Alastor stand, keeping a careful eye on him for any signs that he might go down again. He didn't say anything though as John seemed to have that covered already. 

"You're just full of surprises now aren't you?" He remarked, as the Spartan answered the other's question.

Deciding to reload his other rifle while they had a moment, Scott turned partially to John.
"What's the next check point?" He asked, still watching Alastor. He had never seen someone take a hit like that and bounce back so quickly, usually a hit half as powerful left most men complaining and grumbling as soon as they were over the initial shock. Wondering briefly if the Spartan was still suffering from shock, Scott reclipped one rifle, holding the second at the ready, glad that only Lunamaria could read his thoughts. He wasn't usually this much of a worrier, concluding that it must be related to the recent events they had just gone through, the ODST pushed these thoughts away to focus on the mission as he had been taught over and over again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:39 am 

Alastor, positioning himself between John and Scott, knelt again as a green dome of particles emitted from his armor's thrusters. Almost immediately, the large gash hidden by his chest armor started healing as well as the internal organ damage to his liver and right lung and ribs. His chest armor was restored to the condition it was in before the Knight struck it and his right shoulder relocated itself. A sigh left him as his armor release a dose a pain killer into his bloodstream. That allowed his head to clear.

"Just wait until I snap." He said, pained as his body throbbed in protest, "I can be quite the Grim Reaper when I get ****."

"Believe me, he can go from being the way he is now talking to you to using your bludgeoned face as a floor mop." Lunamaria chimed in, sounding injured slightly, "Saw him do that to a Jiralhanae Chieftain." ([OOC: Humans refer to Jiralhanae as Brutes.])

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:27 am 

Scott watched curiously as Alastor's armor repaired itself. He held back his remarks about the tech, hearing what the Spartan said next.

"From what I've seen so far, I think it would do me good not to **** you off than." The ODST said, the hints of a laugh in his voice. Picking up on Lunamaria's voice, Scott froze momentarily, picturing what she had described and shuddering at the imagery. 

"And I don't think we need, and or want, a repeat performance." He said. "Wait, wouldn't that just leave streaks?" He added as an afterthought. "Not a very effective mop." 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:21 pm 

"That was the whole point." Alastor and Lunamaria said in tandem, matching each other's tone perfectly.

Cortana let out a laugh as John tilted his head at Scott questioningly. He wasn't sure about communications between other Spartans and AIs but what just happened wasn't normal. It was amusing slightly as the other Spartan apparently hadn't noticed it had happened. He'd ask later when things weren't so hectic. Cortana, however, just figuratively dropkicked the exposed nail without a care.

"You two have a thing or something going on?" She asked when her laughter calmed enough for her to speak.

Lunamaria's vehement denial would have been believable if she hadn't been sputtering with embarrassment. Alastor just ignored the question as he gave a sharp hand signal toward a portal directly in front of where they entered.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:30 pm 

Scott too laughed at the pair, as well as to John's reaction. He liked seeing others react to what he just took as normal, or even compare reactions. He wasn't going to say anything, if John wanted to know what the hell was going on he could ask Alastor himself, heck, the ODST wasn't even sure he knew!

Dropping the matter, Scott was caught off guard by Cortana's question. Turning quickly to see how Alastor would react, he was slightly disappointed to see him ignore it completely, choosing instead to led them to the portal. Lunamaria's reaction however was perfect. Laughing once more at the AI's sputtering in place of any sort of explanation, Scott shook his head and followed where the Spartan had directed them. Maybe things wouldn't be so bad after all if this was how they choose to bound after such an experience. 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:29 am 

Alaster went through the portal with John behind him. Once through, Alastor trotted over the the second portal and knelt swapping his M7KR for his sniper rifle as the battle rifle he'd had was long gone. He was secretly fuming over Cortana asking him and Lunamaria about having a thing. In a way, they had when she was human, in the middle of the night around 2 in the morning. They'd met up to discuss having her transferred to his training to and had..... Lets just say that they did something that an 12 and 9 year old should not have knowledge of at the time.

"Thinking about when we were kids?" Lunamaria inquired after she cut off his com.

"Yeah, can't believe the augmentation process messed with us like that," He said, clutching the double set of dog tags he wore, one was his, the other hers, "We were like wild animals for weeks before that happened."

"We had repressed feelings for each other," Lunamaria replied, "The serums they gave us made us act on our primal urges when the opportune time came. That night happened to be it."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:32 pm 

Scott once more followed after the two Spartans, keeping their backs clear. Both his rifles were fully stocked for the time being so he was good to go should an ambush, or even just a few strays come at them. Not hearing anything from Alastor or Lunamaria, he figured they were either having a private moment, which he wouldn't blame them for after what had just happened, or simply falling silent for the moment. Turning his attention to John, the ODST walked alongside the man, his rifle pointed at the ground as they walked from one portal to the next.

"Feeling awkward yet?" He asked. "Or are you too use to this sort of thing." He joked. For such a renown Spartan, this was probably something he hadn't experienced. 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:24 pm 

John shrugged as the ODST spoke, he hadn't known about any other AIs paired with Spartans so what he was witnessing with the other Spartan and the AI with him was weird to him. Although, on a deeper level he felt he and Cortana shared a similar connection but just not as ingrained. It wasn't really hard to understand with him actually. They just had a strong dynamic with them that made their teamwork stronger. How they lived with the knowledge they could be separated was something he was wondering about.

"It's more strange than awkward," The elder Spartan said as Alastor cycled the bolt on his Sniper rifle in a similar fashion to his teammate and fellow Spartan, Linda, "I understand where it stems from though due to being paired with Cortana."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:03 am 

Scott watched John watch Alastor, wondering what the Spartan was thinking, though with the recent ability of Lunamaria being able to read his thoughts maybe that wasn't such a good thing to wonder. It was becoming a game of watch what you think, just as well as what you say, having an AI that could get into your head. His musings were cut short as the older Spartan replied.

"I guess I'll just have to stay in the dark on this one." The ODST laughed. He knew how close some could get with AI's, Alastor and Lunamaria being an extreme, though different case entirely. As cool as it sounded to have someone you could communicate with on a mental level, it was also kind of freaky. Though a regular AI wasn't like a normal person, it was still a strange concept to think about sharing every thought with one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:36 pm 

Alastor went through the portal, sniper rifle ready to shoot. He found himself on a cliff overlooking a large rocky area with Prometheans and Coverant forces duking in out. It was amusing to see Unggoy(Grunts) running arould like chickens with their heads cut off due to their Sangheili(Elites) leader dying. Suffice to say he missed fighting them little buggers. He'd take Unggoy over Kig-yar(Jackels and Skrimishers) any day.

"We got covenant ground." Alastor said, surveying the area.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next