All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:22 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Jean nodded at Josie's answer and followed the two outside. He didn't mind driving on his own, it would allow him to think without feeling the obligation to fill the silence with talk. He followed Katie, not knowing himself where the house was. Being a small town he wasn't expecting the ride to take long and it didn't. Soon, Jean found himself looking at the building in question. Pulling up behind Katie's car, Jean grabbed his bag from the passenger side seat and stepped out to join his team. He saw a woman who he assumed was the homeowner, walking towards the where Katie and Josie were, he stood slightly back from the trio and looked at the house. He could feel the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end, as his eyes flicked from one part of the building to the next. He was distracted by this as Katie introduced herself and him, at the sound of his name he turned his gaze back to the homeowner.

"Jean Toussaint, pleased to meet you." Jean shook the woman's hand and smiled. He couldn't help but notice how worried and even stressed the woman appeared. "We will do all we can to help you and your family." He reassured, sometimes people still needed to here those words spoken, even when they already knew.

Taking a step back once again Jean once more surveyed the property. He had an uneasy feeling, and had since stepping onto the grounds. It was a feeling that told him he shouldn't be there, that it wasn't safe. Fighting against this, Jean swallowed and reached one hand into his pocket for his amulet, the familiar piece providing a small sense of comfort.

"There is bad juju here." He muttered under his breath.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:24 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Josephine took a deep breath when she approached the homeowner. Poor lady, she could relate, as she had picked up activity in her own home and been terrified before she got used to it. Not everyone had her skills, though, so she couldn’t blame the poor woman and her children for being terrified.

The woman looked at the three people before her and felt a little bit more at ease. They seemed like good people. How much they could help her was to be seen, but she felt that she could trust them to at least try. “Marissa Parker, pleasure”, the woman introduced herself.

She took a look at the house and explained herself quietly. “It started out with my kids. My daughter Sarah, she’s eight, started saying she was scared of her bedroom. I have moved her into another one and it got better. My son, Benjamin, is eleven, and he never had problems in his room, but he said he heard things from his sister’s former room, as though someone was crying in there. They never really saw anything, neither did I. I feel uncomfortable as well, and there are some shadows I can see… I just need to know what is going on, and that we are not going crazy”, she murmured with a sigh.

Josephine sighed as well and took the woman’s hand. “I’m very sorry this is going on”, she murmured quietly. “We will do our very best to help you out, but I ask that you leave before we start. I don’t want you to be around in case something happens”.

The woman seemed a little hesitant, but she nodded and handed over a set of keys. “Very well”. She looked at the three of them. “Please, let me know if anything at all happens”, she pleaded, before going back to her car.

Josephine shook her head. She wasn’t really happy with what she had heard, but it was better to get in the house. “Well…”, she murmured, obviously tense, “let us get in and see what we can pick up”, Josie completed, placing the key in the lock.

Opening the door, she stopped dead on her tracks before even coming in, having to place her hand on the door to prevent it from closing itself on her face. “Looks like we’re not welcome”, the girl murmured. “Jean, are you ready for some hostility?”, she asked, wanting to make sure they would be relatively safe.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:47 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

On the drive over, Katie had made sure to not lose Jean on the drive there. She didn't want her friend to get loss in the back roads of Texas. And she had a feeling that Marissa Parker could definitely use all the help she could get. Although as they introduced themselves to the homeowner, Katie couldn't shake the feeling this place was bad. She didn't have special gifts, it was just a gut reaction. Her gut was telling her to not enter the house.

Katie shot Jean a worried look when she heard what he muttered to himself. She reminded herself that Marissa and her kids needed help. They had to help them. The poor woman had no else to turn to. Most people didn't when it came to hauntings. She just hoped they could help.

Katie took out a notepad and wrote down notes of what Marissa told her about her home. The daughter's former bedroom would be a good place to start. She noted the crying and shadows. She gave Marissa a sympathetic look when she said she hoped they weren't crazy. She told Marissa as she got ready to leave.

"I'll call you right away, I promise."

She hoped that assured the woman a little but given her situation, it probably didn't. She turned to the house and swallowed hard. Every instinct was telling her to leave and don't come back. Do not go inside. But Katie couldn't do that. She put herself in Marissa's shoes, if what was happening to Sarah and Benjamin was happening to Sam, she'd want to find out what was really going on. Even if it was something that shouldn't be messed with. No one should be afraid of their own home.

"I'm ready when you guys are."

Katie told her friends, speaking more confidently then she felt. She pulled out a digital camera to snap picture when they headed inside.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:36 am 

As the woman spoke Jean turned his attention to her, his head tilted slightly to the side. Marissa explained what had happened and he made a mental note to check out the daughter's bedroom. From what he had just heard it sounded as though most of the experiences, or problems were either in or connected to that room. Perhaps there was something there connecting this realm to that of the spirits. If they could somehow cleanse that -- if that was in fact what it was -- than things could go in one of two ways. Quietly and with as few injuries or problems as possible, or the way Jean was anticipating: long, dangerous, and a struggle.

His heart clenched at the whispered last part of Marissa's telling, he wanted badly to find the problem and end it -- but it was never that simple. Never simply a case of a spirit being trapped and wanting, willingly, to cooperate, or even a simple possession. No, there was always something else that made the whole situation worse and much more difficult for all involved. He was thankful when Josephine reassured her before politely asking her to leave -- no sense in her become more freaked out than she was already as often times the mere presence of the team in a location caused spirits to act up.

As Marissa left and Josephine took the lead Jean could only nod and follow the team to the door. He was a few steps behind Josie when she stopped in her tracks and held the door open. Any good feelings he may have been having, deep down, were dashed at those words. Sure he knew to expect this, but so soon?

"I hope the Loa are in good temperament, we will need their help and protection in this." Jean spoke in reply to Josephine's comment on hostility.

As he entered the home he was immediately struck with a sense of dread. He would have to set up a ritual at some point, though it would be helpful if he knew what he was to be working with -- or even against.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:13 pm 

Sort of back.

Josephine nodded when Katie said she was ready when they were. She felt that Katie didn't really want to go in the house. She couldn't blame her friend. If she had any choice, Josie wouldn't get anywhere near the house either. There was no choice, though. There was a family that needed help, and souls that probably did too. They had to do what they had come here to do.

When Jean said he hoped the Loa were in good temperament, Josie nodded. She had her own beliefs, and they didn't necessarily match Jean's, but she believed everyone believed in their own way. She had been raised in a traditionally Christian family, and that was the way her beliefs manifested. To each their own.

With a sigh, she pushed the door again and entered, feeling a chill over her body. It was a feeling as though someone had suddenly poured cold water on her. Shaking her head, Josie stepped forward, so the entire team could enter.

She then spoke very quietly. "I don't hear anything yet, I just have this feeling, this intense... It's like an intuition. Go away. You are not wanted", she explained, pacing around the living room. It wasn't there, whatever it was. Something was drawing her towards the stairs. Not the second floor, the stairs themselves. With a sigh, she took her shoes and socks off - it was her habit when stepping on grounds that attracted her - and walked towards the staircase.

Up until she reached it, it was just that diffuse presence, but as she walked on the stairs themselves, Josephine started feeling more and more uncomfortable. It was as though something was very wrong. About half way up, she gripped the railing tightly. "Holy ****", she murmured, her face void of color now. "Feels like I'm losing my balance here", Josie explained, sitting down and taking a deep breath.

"Katie... can you make a note on checking if there were any earthquakes or something of the sort in the area?", she required, still feeling shaken. "I don't think that's it, but it feels really strange, it's a feeling that I can't keep my footing", Josie explained, getting up carefully. "Come on up, but please be careful", she added while making the rest of the way up with slow and careful steps.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:49 pm 

Katie had this bad feeling that whatever was harassing Marissa and her kids wasn't a good spirit. Especially when she'd look over at Jean and Josephine. Looking at their faces, just confirmed to her that whatever they were going to deal with wasn't friendly. It wasn't just a spirit that wanted attention. Or even just a residual spirit. A spirit that wasn't really there. A residual spirit was just an event playing over and over again, like a tape. Not intelligent, not interacting with anyone. Katie didn't believe that was going to be the case here.

"I hope they are too."

Katie replied to Jean, hoping that they had some good spirits on their side. She felt the more positive things on their side, the better. Especially when they had no idea what they were dealing with. Katie followed inside and her mind was screaming louder to leave. Don't be here...Go away. She looked over at Josie and swallowed hard.

"I don't like it here."

She admitted to her friend. Sometimes you just got a feeling about a place and this house was one of them. But she continued on, following her friends. Marissa and her kids needed help, and they had no one else to turn to. She wrote down 'staircase' when Josie touched the railing and said she felt she was losing her balance.

"Yeah, I'll definitely do that when we get back to the hotel."

Katie replied, writing down 'earthquake' and then snapping a few pictures of the staircase in succession before moving forward. She almost didn't want to touch the railing as she followed Josephine up the stairs but did anyway.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:30 pm 

Jean had slowly made his way into another room, feeling the negativity swirling all around him. He couldn't sense anything specific, but that didn't stop the Voodoo priest from trying. If he could in some way isolate what was here he could try to manifest one of the Loa to aid against it, but until than he was forced to wait and keep the team more or less safe spiritually.

He heard Josie removing her socks and shoes before he saw her. Coming back into the entrance area with the team he stood near the doorway he had just exited and watched her. He kept an eye on Josie, instinctively taking a few steps forward when she gripped the railing and spoke of losing her balance. As the psychic made her way up the remaining stairs, Jean cast an eye towards Katie who was busily snapping pictures and jotting things down in her book. He noticed her hesitation to touch the stairs but said nothing as she climbed them, following soon after.

The negative feelings only grew stronger the closer he got to the second floor, but he eventually reached the top of the stairs and took a few steps away from them.

"Josie, Katie, please watch yourselves. Up here especially." He said while looking around them at the next floor. He assumed the daughter's room was close by and his sense of both curiosity and interest peaked. While one side of him screamed to get out of there as fast as he could and never return, the other was urging him on, to get to the bottom of this and to end it. Choosing to listen to the latter, Jean moved towards a closed door and placed his hand on the doorknob. It was cold to the touch, and the feeling against his warm hand was a slight shock to his already heightened senses. He opened the door and stood in the doorway before entering, wanting to get a feeling for the room before plunging in. Before he did he glanced towards his team and stepped in, immediately feeling the temperature plummet around him.

"Legba let your protection fall on this team, and will Sobo into our midst." Jean muttered. He knew it was unlikely the two would listen to his prayer with the lack of ceremony or even the mounting but he hoped they would at least take pity on their servant.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:25 pm 

Sort of back.

When Katie said she didn't like the place, Josephine nodded. "I know. I don't like it either", she replied quietly. Josephine knew her friend well enough to know that Katie was a skeptic. She also knew that she could be convinced to believe when things actually happened before her eyes. And Josephine felt that Katie would see and experience enough to make her believe this time around. Hopefully, none of them would have to get hurt. Josie wasn't too sure, though.

Once she stepped on the second floor, Josephine felt something shift. There was something - or someone - else up here. It wasn't the hostile presence, but there was someone in here. Sure, Josie wasn't sure it was a sentient spirit, but she suspected it was. It seemed that this house was much more active than they would like for it to be.

Listening to Jean's warning, Josie nodded. She didn't really talk too much when working, unless she needed to alert someone of some danger or ask Katie to make a note of something important.

Turning her attention to Jean when he opened the door to the little girl's room, Josie stepped closer to the door as well. Crossing herself and shooting up a silent prayer for all of them, she entered the room slowly, standing behind Jean. Taking a deep breath, Josephine closed her eyes. She didn't really want to channel in there, but she did want to get in touch with whoever was in the room. It wasn't their hostile ghost, of that Josephine was sure. This place gave her a different feel. Help me. That was the feeling she was getting.

With a sigh, she held out a hand until she could touch Jean's arm. "I don't feel so good here", she muttered, trying to explain herself better. "It's that feeling of illness... someone was really sick in this room, maybe even died here", Josie explained, taking a few steps back. "I need to step outside for a moment", she completed, her voice nearly fading as she retraced her steps towards the door.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:58 am 

Katie was a skeptic, she did not believe every place was haunted. Often times there were reasonable explanations to explain a supposed haunting. More often then not, places weren't haunted. But every so often, Katie would come to place like this one. A house that gave off a very bad vibe. It made her even more nervous that both Jean and Josephine were picking up on the negativity here. Her heart went out to Marissa and her kids for living here. She couldn't imagine how hard that was.

The second floor felt worse then the first. Especially as they got closer to the daughter's room. She nodded her head to Jean.

"I will."

She replied, following her team mates. She always let them take the lead in investigations. She snapped some pictures of room's door before Jean opened it. Even Katie felt the change in temperature and shivered a little as she followed them inside it. Katie snapped some more pictures of the room and frowned over at Josie when she said she felt sick. Katie made a note of 'sickness' and 'died?' in her notebook about the girl's room. Katie'd have to check into the past owners of the house and see someone had died in the house before.

Katie watched Josie leave and asked Jean.

"Should we follow her?"

Katie was torn between leaving and staying. She worried about Josephine and she also didn't like the house. However, she also didn't want to leave Jean alone in the house either.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:10 pm 

Jean felt, rather than saw Josie behind him, his focus on the room. He wasn't sure how he felt about this room, sure it didn't feel as hostile as when they had first entered the house, but it still wasn't good. Jean worked with spirits all the time, even when they weren't on a case, which was becoming increasingly rare, but than he had an idea for what spirits to expect. At those times he had some control over when the spirits would come and when they would go, but here he didn't.

He felt the touch on his arm, and turned to Josie, concern on his face. He watched her go, wanting to go with her, but wanting also to continue going through the house.

"Please let us know if you need anything or want us to come to you." He said to Josie as she left. As he watched her go, he turned his attention to Katie.

"We should continue, but listen for Josie if she needs us. Unless you feel strongly that we should stop now." He knew he wouldn't be able to focus properly knowing a member of the team was alone, especially in this place. However he forced himself to continue.

The voodoo priest slowly moved further into the room, it was still cold, some spots more so than others. He didn't feel what Josie had felt, though he was a little on edge in the room. He exited back into the hall and felt himself moving towards another room across from this one. It was like a pull, similar to when he performed his own rituals and was feeling the summoned spirits pulling at his own spirit. He feared opening the door and finding out what was beyond it that made him feel this way, but knew he would have to sooner or later.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:38 pm 

Sort of back.

Josephine rarely left a house during a walk, but that house was not an ordinary one. She felt as though she was going to faint if she continued in that room. She knew she would have to return soon, but also needed a moment to collect herself.

Josie walked very carefully down the stairs, coming very close to tripping and falling on the spot where she had felt out of balance. That spot was definitely relevant, and she hoped Katie would find something about it.

Once she was past the spot, Josie sat down on the stairs, taking a moment to rest. She knew she shouldn't even have left the room. Jean and Katie did need her, after all. She was the only physical medium they had.

Feeling that she should get to work, Josephine went back upstairs, moving into the little girl's room. She felt the presence there was less hostile, and it would be less inclined to hurt her, even though it still made her uncomfortable.

The room across from the hall was definitely active as well, but it seemed less dangerous than the other ones. It was, once again, that feeling of someone needing help, but not wanting to harm the team.

Back at the staircase, though, whoever happened to be attempted to it could feel that unwelcoming and hostile presence get stronger, as though it happened to be coming up the stairs and towards the team. Nothing could be seen, though. It was a feeling, and a strong one, but nothing visual was happening.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:43 pm 

The feeling of being uncomfortable was strong to Katie. It was a hard feeling to shake and it took a lot of self resolve to not give into the urge to leave. All that kept her here was Marissa and her kids. They needed help, they had no else to turn to. When Jean said they should stay in the room, she nodded her head to him. If Josie called for them, she'd definitely go to the other woman's side. Katie hoped that Josie was okay.

"We can stay for now."

Katie said, watching Jean move around the room. She took random pictures as he did. She wondered what Josephine had felt that caused her to leave the room all together. All Katie knew was that there was definitely something here. What she didn't know, but the room, this house, had some kind of history to it. Something bad to cause those type of feelings.

When Jean left the room, Katie did as well. She did not want to be alone it in and her heart went out the child who was supposed to live in it. In the hallway, Katie saw that Josie had came back. She was curious what happened to cause her to leave, but she'd ask her later. After they left the house. For now, Katie just quietly asked her friend.

"Are you okay?"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:46 pm 

Jean opened the door and felt the same cold from the other room, a pull in the back of his mind telling him there were other problems elsewhere got part of his attention as he moved into this room. Unlike Josie, he wasn't attuned to the spirits, only those he associated with for his practice. Thus, he couldn't feel the same things she felt, or even pick up on half the things she did. This didn't stop him from moving carefully around the room, he may not be able to pick up on him, but they could pick up on him. He walked from one end of the small room to the other, careful not to touch anything. 

Returning to the hall shortly after, having been saying a few soft prayers in the room, he was happy to see Josie back with them. He didn't say anything though, not wanting to break her concentration or distract. Sure, it wasn't the best place to be but it was better when they were together rather than separated. The same feelings he had been feeling downstairs when they had first entered the house crept up on him again. Shuddering slightly he cast a glance at the stairs. Pulling his attention back to the team, he quietly kept up a prayer under his breath, asking to keep them safe in whatever they were facing, or going to face. 

There were a few more rooms in the hall, and Jean wasn't sure how many more they would have to examine before they found something that he could do anything about. His abilities were limited, he couldn't see or even communicate with the spirits, he wasn't one for researching the stories behind hauntings, he was there mostly for protection from the spirits that wanted to cause them harm, as well as assisting with guiding, or even possessions on rare occurrences.

He was anxious to find the source of these problems. Once they knew better what they were dealing with they could start trying to solve it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:49 pm 

Sort of back.

Josephine really didn't want to be in this place. Everything about it spoke of illness and death, but she knew she needed to do the job they had come here for. They had come here to help Marissa, to help her children. And she wanted to do this. There was also, she could feel, a spirit that needed help here. She could feel its presence in the bedroom, the one that was asking for help. It was a soft one, maybe a young person, or a child.

She would have to come back in and study the place.

"Yes, thanks. Please, stay around, just in case I pick something up", she requested of Katie. The two women were already used to working together, so Josie knew that she didn't need to provide extensive explanations. Katie already knew what to do.

"Excuse me", she finally murmured when entering the room. If there was a spirit in here, it was always better not to startle or upset it. "I'm not here to harm you", she carried on, pacing around the room. "Can you help me? I want to...".

Josie stopped and closed her eyes, getting a vision of the room as it used to be. It was empty, though, and she could see that the bed used to be on the opposite wall, and the dresser used to be right next to the door. Feeling that setting it up that way might help clear the area for better communication, Josie stepped out of the bedroom.

"Hey, Katie, Jean? I could use your help here for a moment, if you're willing", Josie requested, raising her voice just enough to make sure Jean could hear her from the other room.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:14 pm 

Katie always went into a place as a skeptic. You had to be a little bit of a one in life. Although, the longer she spent here, the less skeptical she was. There was something going on here. It wasn't just creaky floorboards and leaking pipes. It wasn't just an overactive child's imagination. Something had happened here and it wasn't something good.

Katie snapped pictures and wrote down notes. Once they left, she'd organize her notes and start doing more research into this house and property. She would have certain things to look for as well. She followed her teammates around, making notes of things that seemed to affect them both.

Katie nodded her head to Josephine.

"I will."

She replied, promising to stay by her friend's side. She didn't question why Josie wanted her near by, just trusted that she did. Katie watched her enter the bedroom and waited until she called her and Jean in to follow. There had to something, or more likely someone, in the bedroom. Katie walked inside the room and pulled out her cellphone. It had a voice recorder app on it and she turned it on and set it the dresser.

"What did you need me to do, Josie?"

Katie asked her.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:29 pm 

Jean could hear Josie and Katie in the other room, but paid them no mind. He keep an ear for them though, in case they needed him for anything, but other wise he left them to work. He want back over the room, making sure he hadn't missed something. A mark on the wall, a strange toy, anything physical that may have a connection to the spirit realm through either rituals or spells. He wasn't sure how much he could do in either case as he had little control over the loa, but he knew that if they did find something that everyone would do what they could to help. Rituals were easy enough to reverse if they could figure out what had taken place and the intent, but spells were always trickier as they were often much more difficult to figure out and break. 

He was silently standing in the center of the room, having walked the length of it a few times. One hand on his chin, the other on his hip, he surveyed the area over from this point. He hadn't found anything, at least nothing that jumped out as suspicious, or vitally important.

He jolted slightly when he heard Josie call him, pulling his concentration from where it had been.

His thoughts immediately jumped to the worst. Fearing that something had happened, or that she wasn't feeling well and needed help he went back into the room from earlier. 

"What is wrong? What do you need?" He asked upon seeing that nobody was hurt. His worry faded somewhat, not completely, but enough that it wasn't the first thing on his mind. He saw Katie pull out her cell phone and place it on the dressers, and he became curious as to what Josie had seen or felt. This room was clearly a point of interest for them at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:44 am 

Sort of back.

Josephine was relieved that both her friends were in the room. She was also glad she had been allowed to see the room's previous layout. Being a spirit medium, Josie was used to knowing that, sometimes, moving things around released the flow of energy and made communication easier.

She waited for both friends to be with her before explaining what she needed them for.

"I just got a vision shown to me of this room with the layout it used to have", she explained quietly. The dresser used to be right here, to the left of the door, and the bed, right there, below the window", Josie carried on. "I would like your help to set the furniture the way it used to be, as I feel it will help clear the flow for the communications from the other side", she requested very quietly.

While she waited on her friends to reply, Josie remembered something and turned to Katie. "I think we should come back here tonight with a voice box. I feel that whatever spirit is here is friendly and open for communication. It might help us out with the other one", she suggested, deciding this would be the best course of action. "I would also like a few hours to prepare, as I feel this other spirit might try to slip in and take over when it notices I'm a physical medium. I think we should all be prepared with an action plan in case that happens".

Having finished speaking, Josephine fell silent and waited to hear what both Katie and Jean had to say. They were a team, after all, and needed to work together. That included planning in advance for whatever troubles they might face.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:49 pm 

When Josie explained what she saw, Katie nodded her head.

"Yeah, I'll help."

If moving the furniture around helped to get the spirit to communicate, then she was willing to do it. She thought letting the voice recorder app play might help. Who knew? Maybe they would get something and not even realize it. There was something going on in this room. Maybe it would be the key to finding out what was happening to the Parker family in general.

When Josephine said they should come back tonight with the voice box, Katie nodded her head in agreement.

"That's a good idea. I'll bring the video camera and extra batteries."

From their investigations, Katie learned that spirits often times drained batteries. You always had to have lots of back ups. So, there was two spirits. She made a note of that. One seemed more benevolent then the other. Maybe the darker spirit was keeping the spirit in this room trapped? It was only a guess, but it was possible. This house had many untold stories.

Katie turned to Jean and asked him.

"What do you think, Jean?"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:55 pm 

Listening to what Josie had to say, Jean tried to picture the layout of the room she was explaining to them. He had seen on previous jobs how doing simple things like this often did in fact help with communications. 

"Of course we will help." He said, moving furniture was a simple enough thing to do. He rolled his sleeves up to his elbows, and moved to the side of the dresser, testing to see how heavy it was. He was in the process of doing so when Katie asked what he thought.

He had heard Josie explaining how she wanted to come back tonight with a voice box.

"I think it is a good idea. If we can communicate with these spirits, we have a better chance of finding what they want and helping them if that should be the case." He said, beginning to move the dresser to where Josie had pointed out. It was awkward, but it didn't weigh too much, making it easy enough to move it across the room.

"I can arrange to have a few rituals ready in case they are needed." Now that they had gotten a sense for the place, he could better determine what he may have to do. If they returned later that night, he could easily channel a loa or two depending on what they needed now that he had an idea as to what may be needed, and a heads up to prepare. 

The priest slid the dresser against the wall where Josie said it used to be and turned to the bed.
"Would one of you give me a hand moving this?" He asked, resting a hand on the wooden foot board of the piece of furniture.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:24 pm 

Sort of back.

Josephine was always relieved when her friends trusted her. She knew from experience that, sometimes, people found those things that dealt with the supernatural hard to believe. Sometimes it was because people were skeptical, and sometimes it was because they simply preferred not to believe. Josephine didn't blame them, but it made her life harder when she had to explain things to those people.

"Thanks, Katie", she replied to her friend when she said she would bring the video camera and extra batteries. Extra batteries were a must when they were at work, as strong spirits could take energy from those. Josie hoped they would draw it from her before going to those, as they needed the equipment to study later.

When Jean said he could arrange to have a few rituals ready, Josie nodded. "Thank you, Jean, that would be appreciated", she replied, watching him move the dresser. The bed would take a little more work, and she nodded right away when he asked for a hand.

"Sure, right away", she replied, moving to the other side of the bed. "On three?", she asked, pointing to the area where she had seen the bed in her vision. "It should go right there, I feel it will clear the flow for the friendly spirit", she explained.

Josie would be silent until the bed was in place. She walked to the empty part of the room and nodded. "Looks about right. I feel we should head back to the hotel and prepare to return tonight. We need to prepare both in equipment and spiritually, so I guess we should give ourselves this time. I would also like to talk to you, Jean, about a few details. I feel that I'll probably have to channel the friendly spirit, but I'm not putting the other one above trying to slip in without my permission". It was clear from Josephine's expression that she wasn't happy with the idea. "If this happens... I'm not sure whether or not we should allow it yet. But we'll need an action plan for both cases".

Once she finished speaking, Josephine fell silent and walked to the bed, sitting on it while she waited for her friends to say whatever they had to say. She wanted to make sure that they were heard too, and also address any of their concerns, as they should all be clear-minded later, when they returned to the house for the actual work.