All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:45 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

-About the Battlestar Aquarius-

| +

A new Battlestar, designed to carry and build 150 Colonial Vipers, Raptors, and multiple support craft, launched from Caprica on its maiden voyage as the first and last of the next-generation Battlestars to join the Colonial fleet. It was the largest and most technologically advanced Battlestar ever built and was capable of carrying close to 400,000 personal and civilians comfortably for a whole decade under peace time conditions. Faster than other Battlestars, it could reach a destination in a third of the time it would normally. Unlike other Battlestars, its computers aren't networked together as to avoid cyber attacks.

It has triple the number of weapons found on the Galactica and is three times the size. The weapons are operationed and maintained by an artificial intelligence which synchronizes and staggers the weapons firing patterns. The AI can operate the ship as needed as it csn detect and circumvent any Cyber attacks launched on the ship. While not capable of being separated from the ship's computers, the AI can shut down and isolate any system that is compromised from the rest of the ship's systems to safeguard their functions. This makes the ship extremely difficult to disable.

-Story-

The Neo-Galactica class Battlestar, christened 'Aquarius, has departed from Caprica to join up with the battle group of its predecessor Battlestars. It reaches its destination only to find nothing but destroyed Viper Mk VIIs and a destroyed Battlestar. Going to battle stations, the crew discover that there was a leak in their fleet information systems that alerted the Cylons to the meeting. They are caught in a net as two Cylon basestars move into attack range. Having no other alternatives, the commanding officer of the ship orders a counterstrike with all available pilots. This is just the beginning, there is more behind this than meets the eye.

Will you survive long enough to untangle the web of lies, betrayals, and buried truths?

Here's the character sheet. Doesn't matter how the character is as long as it is believable in the world of the roleplay.

Name:
Race: (Human or Cylon[can have human appearance])
Apperance: (must be some sort of pilot or crew member from any series if using pictures)
Personality:
Misc:
Role: (Ship crew or Pilot)
Craft: (If pilot)
Misc (craft):
Home colony:
History:

"The past is hell. The future is what we make it to be." ~Me- Random thought that may or may not ring true.

Just a heads up, my reply speed will be rather slow for now. I haven't abandoned any rps at the moment but my ability to reply at the rate i was before has diminished by a great deal. I will get to the rps that need replys but it may be a bit in the meantime. Thanks.

Last edited by Zeroxk2 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:28 pm 

Name: Hunter "Deadeye" Knight

Race: Human

Apperance:
| +

Personality: He's a team player as needed but is the premiere lone wolf of the fighter pilot detachment onboard the Aquarius. He shows tremendous talent for leadership but lacks the confidence and conviction to effectively lead. Known to hang out by himself and do his own maintenance on his assigned Viper Mk-VII.

Misc: He has a scar on his over his left eye from a incident during boot camp where his face had been slashed by a survival knife.

Role: Pilot

Craft: (If pilot) Experimental Colonial Viper Mk-VII-X

Misc (craft): Is personally owned by Hunter so the emblem on the vertical stabilizer is a dragon skull angled toward the front of the Viper with a grim reaper's scythe embedded in its teeth. Painted black with the wing tips, vertical stabilizer tip and along the body painted a dark, vivid red. Equiped with an internal optical camouflage generator that is run by a quad-stage GN particle reacter that also powers the Viper.

Home colony: Sirius 9 moon base orbiting Caprica.

History: (Redacted and erased to hide illegal human experimentation on him by his Guardian)

"The past is hell. The future is what we make it to be." ~Me- Random thought that may or may not ring true.

Just a heads up, my reply speed will be rather slow for now. I haven't abandoned any rps at the moment but my ability to reply at the rate i was before has diminished by a great deal. I will get to the rps that need replys but it may be a bit in the meantime. Thanks.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:44 pm 

Feeling mighty sneaky.

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)

Can we use real firearms? As in weapons we have today...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:49 pm 

Has to be a futuristic variation but knock yourself out.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:19 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Help! I don't know what I'm doing! I mean, I kinda, sorta got stuff figured out but help anyway! Please let me know if I did something wrong or need to change something.

-----x-----

Name: Axel Collins (Number 13)
Race: Humanoid Cylon
Appearance: 
| +

Personality: Adapts quickly to new situations and learns new skills relatively quick. Preferring order, calculated planning, and logic, he is baffled by brash and impulsive decisions, often feeling lost and confused when such things take place.
Misc: When thinking about things (other than quick thoughts), he has a bad habit of zoning out from his surroundings, appearing to 'shut-down' and become unresponsive unless snapped out of this state
Role: Crew -- Medical
Craft: N/A
Misc (craft): N/A
Home Colony: The Colony (prior to it being destroyed)
History: Considered by some to be unlucky, due to being the 13th model of humanoid cylons, Axel tends to find himself performing the dangerous jobs that no one else wants for fear of being killed or destroyed. Being programmed to follow these orders, he had no choice but to do them, seeing as how there wasn't really any other option. Not fully understanding the hatred the cylons hold for humans, and never receiving a starightforward answer, Axel has developed a growing disgust for his own people for their apparent lack of logic in the whole thing.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Last edited by Asterous on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:27 pm 

not so much vhange but Add. I private chated what was needed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:48 pm 

Feeling mighty sneaky.

Longest RP (1)

Name:Viktor Dragunov
Appearance:
| +

Personality: He is strict and right to the point and has this introverted like attitude. He may seem unfriendly, but if you get on his good side, he is cool and collected.
Role: R&D Weapons Division--Crew
Misc: Being part of the R&D weapons division built a custom sidearm based off the Colt M1911 dubbed "The Phoenix." The original Colt is a weapon he admires so he decide to make his own upgraded variant. It looks aesthetically like the Colt and sports a glowing red and black livery. It reloads like the original Colt but fires much like a coilgun or gauss gun. Firing this way lets the projectiles pierce most any armor and can strike multiple enemies.
Home colony: Caprica
History: When he first handled a weapon, he knew this was his calling. At a young age, he tinkered with small weapons and other technologies. When he saw that the Ministry of Colonial Defense were recruiting, he signed up as part of the weapons division. He enjoyed tinkering at a much higher level, through this he developed his own weapon "The Phoenix."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm 

Medals: 2

Are you still looking for RPers?
If so I would like to join!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:59 pm 

Yeah, You'd be the last one accepted. Anyone else would have to wait for one of those in it to drop out. You post after Sneakybeaky1. Get your character up and I'll pm you the IC link.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:02 pm 

Ok Thanks.
I was thinking of being a pilot but I see that you had the Vipers knocked out by a cyber attack, how should I come in?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:08 pm 

There are Viper Mk-IIs on the Aquarius but there weren't enough pilots to fly them. Your character could just be someone on the reserve pilot list that takes one of the Mk-IIs and saves my character's butt since he's got a herd of Raiders on it at the current moment and his Viper is damaged.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:42 pm 

Name: Nathan “Gunner” Hawk
Apperance: Nate is tall and broad across the shoulders otherwise he is just powerfully built. Nate has brown hair and green eyes .
Personality: Nate is more of a team player than some of the other pilots on the Aquarius but he still goes “Lone Wolf” from time to time. He is somewhat outgoing but only after he knows you, otherwise hes a bit shy for a pilot, or at least the ones he knows on the Aquarius.
Misc: None
Role: Pilot
Craft: Colonial Viper Mk-II
Misc (craft):
Home colony: Caprica
History: Unclear due to head trauma in Bootcamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:48 pm 

@Ordo, you can personalize your craft if you choose to. It just won't come into affect until our characters are back on the Aquarius for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:03 pm 

Thanks!
I need to think of what I would like.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:21 pm 

Sorry about not bringing more fighters into the mix, I didn't know how many to say were there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:21 am 

Feeling mighty sneaky.

Longest RP (1)

The experimental weapon

Name: Electron Pulse Generator
Appearance: See attachment (picture it attached to the viper as a turret)
What it does: It fires a stream of charged electrons at multiple targets to disrupt electronics causing malfunctions and shutdowns. It has to modes, small craft and large craft. For small craft, it can fire many many shots before recharging. For large craft, like the basestar, it fires one shot and takes forever to recharge. On the basestar, it will only stun defenses. Against small craft, it will completely shut it down for a long period of time.
Power source: An electron breeder cell charges it on it's own, but the viper engine could charge it if needed.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 153.99 KiB | Viewed 16908 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:33 am 

Hmm. Not bad, but it would really cut down on a Viper's mobility as an external weapon. Also, it could be shot off or rendered inoperable by ememy or stray friendly fire. Might have to come up with a dedicated platform for it unless we go with shrinking and internalizing it and limiting it directional firing arc to a 60° degree arc in front of my Viper.

Last edited by Zeroxk2 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:41 am 

Feeling mighty sneaky.

Longest RP (1)

[don't mind this post, was a misclick]

Last edited by SneakyBeaky1 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:45 am 

Feeling mighty sneaky.

Longest RP (1)

Probably a pivoted underside mounted turret, with armor plating. It would be hard to shoot off. One more thing I should add is if it senses it has been disconnected during a fight, it will self destruct releasing a small pulse.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:50 am 

Dedicated platform would be best really, but you would have to cross train as a pilot so someone who understands it could be the one to use it if it is employed in a battle.

Would it be able to be jettisoned if it was needed in flight?