Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr/Ms. [Surname],

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1), by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic, by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory, by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration, by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi, by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions, by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

Yours sincerely,

Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus
Chief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions

The letter above would get to the houses of every young student to be turning 11 and who happened to be a wizard or witch. Those whose families were made out of at least one wizard or witch would get their letter via owl post. Those whose families were made out of muggles would be visited by a wizard or witch from the school, who would explain what was going on to the child and their family.

The White family would be visited by a young woman of a pleasant appearance. She would knock politely on the door, and wait for someone to open. Whoever opened would see a young brunette wearing plain clothes. She looked pretty much like everyone else, as she had come from a muggle family as well.

"Hello, my name is Amelia Parker, and I come on behalf of a boarding school. Your daughter is being offered a spot in our school", she announced gently. "May we speak for a moment?", the young woman required.

Katarina Clarissa Sexton-Star

Katarina had been waiting for her Hogwarts letter to come for a while now. She was a little anxious about going to the school, as she had never really been away from her father for a long time. Still, she was very excited to go to Hogwarts and learn actual magic. Knowing that she would be able to have her Onyx with her also mad the girl feel a bit better. He was a part of her home, after all, and would make her remember she was not alone.

This afternoon, she had been sitting by her window, feeling slightly blue. Her father was out of town, and she was bored of staying in the house, alone with the elves. Her father was very paranoid about safety, and always charmed their house to prevent her from leaving any time he could not be around. Kat assumed that was because he was afraid of losing her as he had lost her mother, but it was still annoying.

The girl was almost asleep when she heard flapping of wings. She imagined it was an owl for her father, so she didn't really move from her place. Not until the owl stopped by her window and seemed to want in. Curious and excited, the girl opened the window just enough for the bird to enter and closed it right away, before the protection spells could sound the alarm. She then took the letter the owl brought and let out an excited "yes!". She was finally going to Hogwarts. Now, she had to wait for father to come home so she could go out and shop for her supplies.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:14 pm 

Life's not all the great right now, sorry.

Blog: View Blog (1)

The Marcus family sat at the table, eating dinner. It was quiet, as usual. Minimal words were spoke and they were usually in clipped tones. Skyler, the youngest at the table, hated dinner time. It was the one time in the day she was forced to stand her mother's presence. Her brother, Fredrick, sat to her right. He usually tried to make conversation and joke around. He hated the tension that always seemed to hang in the air when his mother and sister were together. But he couldn't seem to find anything to talk about today, so he remained quiet.

They all heard a loud tapping sound. They looked over at the window to see Barnabas, the families large barn owl. Skye got up and opened the window, taking the envelope from the owls beak. Barnabas landed on her shoulder as she walked back to the table. He hopped onto the table and helped himself to Fredricks food. Skye sat down and opened the parcel. "It's my hogwarts letter." She said nonchalantly. Fredrick grinned. "'Bout time. Thought maybe they forgot about you." He said, clapping her on the back.

Their mother barely looked up from her food. "That's great dear. Tomorrow we'll go and get your things." Skye shook her head. "No that's ok. Fredrick can take me." Lucy looked up. "I hardly think it's appropriate for a child to take another child-" Skye cut her off."I don't want you to go." She said flatly. She then stormed to her room.

About twenty minutes later, Skye heard a knock. She sat up as the door opened and Fredrick entered. Cameron, her Siamese sighed heavily in irritation at the movement before settling back in her lap. Fredrick sat on the bed. "I convinced mom to let me take you to Diagon Alley." Skye smirked. "But," He continued." She is taking us to the train station." Skye rolled her eyes. "Skye it'll be fine. The least you can do is let her see us off. Then you don't have to deal.woth her the whole year. It'll be just you and me. We're gonna run the school." He laughed, making Skye smile.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:57 am 

The dreaded clopening shift.

Blog: View Blog (9)

As it turned out, Philip's Hogwarts letter served to liven up what appeared to be a typical day in the Tyre household. Philip had been outside puttering about his garden, which he typically did when his governess dismissed him from a break from his schoolwork. Philip lived for those times. Other than plant and animal biology (not human biology; that was just as boring as everything else), and naturalistic studies, there was nothing that could occupy Philip's interest. Though of course he was too polite to inform his governess; she would only take it that her teaching style was boring, which was the opposite of what Philip wanted. She wasn't boring; the subjects she taught were boring.

The garden was actually a recent development. It was a gift for his tenth birthday. He had always wanted a garden. When he was younger, he used to wander outside to watch the gardeners at work about Tyre Manor's many leafy inhabitants, in particular, the grounds surrounding the Manor, as far as the eye could see. The chief gardener had recommended this for Philip's birthday present, and he and the other gardeners had put together a beginner's gardener package for their little unofficial garderner, and Philip had been beside himself with joy, and would have run out in the middle of his birthday celebration to plant everything if his parents had not stopped him. Besides gardeners, the Tyres also employed servants, a butler, chefs and cooks. There was always someone in the house, so it was perfect all right for Mr and Mrs Tyre to leave their children unattended, as long as they were in the company of the governess.

It was then that he heard his name being called, and he looked up, only to find a slight, lithe figure headed towards him. He frowned. This was a strange development. His governess was a tall, stocky figure, so that could not be her. Perhaps she was one of the servants, though they usually called him "Young Master Philip", not plain Philip like that person had done. As she neared, he could pick out light brown wavy hair and a nervous expression, and Philip had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. What disaster could have occurred if his mother had seen fit to seek him out personally? She very rarely did so.

"Philip," she said again, a distinct hint of nervousness in her voice, and Philip tensed in return. "Your Hogwarts letter has arrived."

Philip blinked. That was unexpected. "Is that a magic school?" He asked, curiosity coloring his tone.

"Yes," his mother replied. She extended the hand holding the letter out to him, and he automatically took it, still eyeing his mother. "That is the school that I attended, and your sister is attending currently. You would join her there once school starts in September. Tomorrow, you shall accompany us to shop for your school supplies. Read the letter, so you would know what you need."

"Yes, mother," Philip said. She nodded to him once, then turned to head back to where she came from. Philip eyed the letter in his hand. He was not quite sure if he was looking forward to this development. His mother had not seemed pleased, unlike his father, who had happily been signing all his brothers up for Eton, the school he had come from, with the enthusiasm of a dog wagging it's tail. But at least he would not be attending it alone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:40 am 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Orla had always known she was different from the rest of her family. From the age of 5, inexpiable things were happening. Plates that could move by themselves, doors slamming, pictures falling off the walls. It didn't take long for Angela to figure out it was Orla that was making these sorts of things happen. Of course, the girl didn't know how she was doing all of these magical things. Once she started to get punished for them, she couldn't help but feel tempted to do more.

The brunette girl sat on her bed, sketching another picture of their family dog. This time he was laying out in the small patch of sun that burst through the curtains, she was struggling to get the highlights on his fur right, it was making her frustrated. When there was a knock at the door she sat up, placing her sketchpad beside her before standing up and peeping out of the window. Some woman she didn't know. Probably a sales rep. She cracked her window open discreetly, wanting to listen in on the conversation.

It took a moment, but finally her step-dad answered the door. He was dressed in a shirt, tie and black trousers. Black hair had been gelled to the side and he had a mug of coffee in his hand. He looked puzzled from what the strange woman said, taking a minute to respond.

"A boarding school? Well, you must mean Adriana because the other one..." He chuckled, shaking his head. "They're not my kids. Hang on." He mumbled, moving away from the door.

He shouted up for Angela, who came down moments later. She had long blonde hair that was tied into a bun and wore a long green dress. It was quite flattering for her body shape. She invited Amelia in, showing her to their living room. "So, what's this about a boarding school?" She asked, quite rudely.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:40 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

"Our letters are coming today," Damia piped up conversationally over the Greenbottle family table. It was breakfast-time, and they had become used to the second-eldest's morning predictions. She had been gifted with the skill of divination through her dreams, though the power wasn't strong, and often simply related to tedious things that happened through the day.

"WhatwhenaretheycomingdoyouseeminehowlongdowehavetowaitwhathouseamIin?!" The youngest boy across from Damia exploded in excitement, slamming his hands on the table so fervently that his glass of milk toppled over, creating a creamy stain on the otherwise green tablecloth.

"Gallus, manners!" Daedris, the matron of the family, glared sternly at her son, drawing her wand from her side and setting the milk back into the cup with a simple flick.

"Sorry mum, I'm just excited!" Gallus bounced in his seat, looking back to his sister. "Soooo?"

Damia raised her lip sarcastically. "Of course I don't know that, dummy." She kicked him stealthily under the table, not to cause harm but to express her frustration. Of all his sisters, Gallus fought with Damia the most, and Mabel the least.

"OW!" Gallus said loudly, despite the hit barely landing.

His exclamation provided results, as their father looked up from the Daily Prophet and gave the pair a look under his reading glasses. It was enough to cause them both to sink back in their seats.

Wolfing down his scrambled eggs, Gallus folded the cloth napkin in his lap and placed it on his plate. "May I be excused?" He asked his mother, already beginning to slide his chair back. Daedris gave a nod and the boy was off like a shot, running to his room to let Peter in on the news.

The Greenbottle Manor was a tasteful one compared to other fullblooded families' palaces and mansions, but still held many unused rooms. Gallus passed three doors on his right before gripping the fourth's handle, throwing it open.

"Peter!" Gallus said, regaining his breath from his run, "we're going to Hogwarts!"

Peter the cat, who had been curled up on Gallus' bed, raised his head slowly, let out a small peep.

"That's right, you're coming with me." Gallus walked over to his closet, pushing it open and grabbing his trunk. He set it on the floor, popping up the lid. "I wonder what house I'll be in. I hope I'm in Ravenclaw like Mabel is, and da was. Hufflepuff would be fine too, but since Evangeline is already graduated I won't know anyone." Gallus continued chirping as he collected things from his room that he thought he would need, like his collection of quidditch cards, and the safety goggles he wore when visiting his da's work.

Afternoon didn't come soon enough for Gallus, who had eventually left his packing for a game of exploding snaps, then lunch, then studies, then a broomstick ride through the village. When he returned, he was helping his mum peel potatoes (the Greenbottles believed that, even with magic, a little elbow grease was 'good for the temperament'). As he worked he saw some familiar shapes on the horizon. The owls were coming!

Gallus peeled the potato in record speed, a rate almost as fast as his mother, who was using magic. When the letters arrived, they were sorted through the children accordingly. Gallus stared down at the swirled writing on the envelope, afraid to open it and destroy the moment.

"Go on," Barnabus appeared behind Gallus, motioning towards the letter. The affirmation from his father was enough motivation for Gallus to tear it open.

"My wand!" Gallus said loudly after noticing the supplies list, "I need to get my wand!"

"Tone it down, young man," Daedris put her hand on his shoulder, "there's no need to shout. We'll be going to Diagon Alley tomorrow to get you wand and other supplies." She turned to her husband, letting out a small sigh. "That's one more set of books. I don't know how we manage."

"It'll be fine, dear. Damia will pay for her own this year. Right, sweetie?" Barnabus took Gallus' supplies list and read it before looking up at his daughter.

Damia nodded, folding her own letter up and putting it back in the envelope.

"When can I get a job, da?" Mabel asked, pulling on his arm. "I want to work with you!"

Barnabus smiled at his daughter. "You've got to work hard, get good grades, and then maybe you will." It was just a small lie. Mabel could likely work at her father's business, but never at his status. That was a job, of course, reserved for men. Barnabus' eyes glanced over to his son's face, still lit up with joy.

It would be an interesting year.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:51 pm 

It's 9AM, and I just got a postcard from Hogwarts...from an owl to better say, but was I really ready to join that huge magic school? "Not at all" - I thought to myself. I still had to buy all my supplies at Diagon Alley, and I was going to arrive too late. That was the only thing I was certain.
My mother looked at me and gave me the breakfast, but she completelly forgot that I also did forget to take a bath, so I've decided to leave the breakfast alone for a while and rush to the shower even tough I knew my mother would be calling me after that I had no time for explanations, it is much better if you know what you are doing and arrive on time than the opposite, this is what I think.
- Dear, why did you... - my mother was still insisting on the question of why did I rushed to the shower.
- I have no time to explanations, mother...you know, I'm almost becoming a Hogwarts student, don't you?
- Yes.
- So? I have to hurry.

So I ate everything there was to eat, and just when I said "bye bye" to my family and left my house, there was someone bigger than myself, riding on a giant taxi, and it was waiting for me (well I shouldn't be that impressed to be honest, but actually, I am, why? Probably because of the HUGE size of the taxi).
- Hey you. - said the man while calling me.
- Mm-mm-mm, me? - I asked
- Who else? Can you see any other person? - he asked
And as more as I wanted to be right against that man, there was no chance...I knew I was the only one going with him, and there's no denying that.
So entered the taxi and got massivelly impressed with the insides of the taxi, as I never saw a taxi so technological before in my entire life. It's big, it had computers, it had music, it can fly, it's made of metal which means it's indestructible, it can do anything!!
In ten minutes we arrived at Diagon Alley, the place of dreams for any future magician.
- C'mon, Wizardy-man, I know you can do the rest without this precious taxi, muahahaha. - he then, laughed at me with no mercy at all, I wish I could lauch him a spell, but actually I'd rather don't do it because you know, just imagine if it's part of the rules that you can't launch a spell on the man who guides you through Diagon Alley.

Well with or without him, I had to buy my stuff, so here I go..., first, I'll go to Clothes Shop, and whatever I am going to buy, I hope it fits me, you hear?:
So I came next to the vendor, and asked - Good evening. I want Three sets of plain work robes , One plain pointed hat, One winter cloack with silver fastenings, the main color for those items are all black. And I want one pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
Also may I ask you to write my name on my Pupil's Clothes?
Thank you, that should be it for today.

My next stop it's the Books Shop:
The vendor awfully serious for my tastes so I tried at least not to be irritating to her.
- Hello. C-can I, please...take these books? - then I showed the list with the books I needed
- Go on. Take them. - she looked at my face with all the possible anger you can imagine.
Then I took the books and got out of the Books Shop, finally I got rid of this film.

And finally last but not least is the Supplies Shop, with all the accessories (not counting with Books and Clothes) we must buy in order to be in that magical world):
So I went in, and for my surprise, the vendor was an elf from Hogwarts, just like those elfs that work in Gringotts, but this one got the luck to work outside, so that he can win more money.
- Hello, can you give me these supplies? - I showed him the list with 1 wand, 1 cauldron, 1 set glass or crystal phials, 1 telescope, 1 set brass scales, as he gives me the supplies I needed.

Then all I needed to do was go to the Platform 9 3/4, but did I really bought everything? - stops suddenly in order to see if he forgot something.