All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:12 am 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Attachment:
File comment: Orbit LTD. LOGO
ORBIT LTD.png
ORBIT LTD.png [ 433.36 KiB | Viewed 8568 times ]

ORBIT LTD. Is a Superhero/Supervillain idea set in the current world's national standing meant to rival MARVEL and/or DC comics. It will only include Ocs(a.k.a. Original Characters for the n00bs out there) and will evolve based on Origin stories people put in the topic when it is created. As such you are not limited to one character, but if you can only control one then I can work with that.

Of course an RP of this Magnitude should be well planned out. As such, if you create a hero or villain, please give me a Archnemesis idea(not a full character, just what you think would be a good fit) and I will either search for someone to fill the role or do it myself.

Likewise if you want to play a Villain, give them a purpose. Something that drives them. Something other than just “I do this to be a villain.”

There will be a set of rules put in place by me and a Co-GM that is as of yet undecided. If you see this and think “I would like to CO-GM this” then if I have not otherwise specified, you may PM me.

RULES:

1. I will not accept Supermen aka mary-sues in Orbit LTD. Every character should have a weakness, but that doesn't mean “oooo scary glowing green rock” is acceptable. Seriously, if you can't accept that no one is perfect, then there is an issue
  2. As GM or Co-GM(s) our word is law. It shouldn't come to this, but if you do something and I or my Co-GM(s) say to change it and you refuse, we can and will come to a unanimous decision on whether or not you can keep the post the way it is. Not trying to frieghten, I just want you to know it will be unanimously agreed you need to change it, or it will be accepted. In short, innocent until proven guilty
  3. If you have something planned that will take a couple posts, please alert the GM/CO-GM(s) so that we are able to not “step on your toes” so to speak.
  4. NO ONE can play their own Archenemy I don't care how great it would be to create a fight between the two that you can control. That's what collaborative posting is for.
  5. So… this one is a biggy… here goes. “TEAM-UPS” are a welcome occurrence in Orbit LTD. The kind of thing like Teen Titans and Justice League or Avengers and X-men. This goes for the Villains as well.
  6. That being said, don't team up with yourself please! It's boring when you know the entire team's thought patterns because it gets too easy to defeat villains. Especially if you are playing the Villain as well.
  7. I realize there will be people saying “I wanna be a Batman”… the answer is he is overdone and you will not get that chance unless you give me a VERY good reason. Better than “There HAS to be a Batman”
  8. PM me the Character sheets. This is more so I can edit spelling mistakes than for anything else. I will send you a copy with the errors fixed and YOU HAVE MY WORD I won't change the content beyond spelling/grammar
  9. Ask Questions! The second post will have a FAQ section, detailing anything you have asked me that is relevant to the RP. Don't be shy! There are always questions, Or else we'd all function like robots!
  10. Will add more RULES as questions are asked and I get input from interested parties/CO-Gms

CHARACTER SHEET

* = required
CIVILIAN NAME:(if applicable)
SUPER NAME:*
ABILITIES:*
EQUIPMENT:
HIDEOUT: Yes/No, description
RECOGNIZED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT: Yes/No(aka status. Can be anything from Vigilante to Regreting Villain to Anti-Hero.)
ORIGIN STORY:*(this is an odd thing to say, but this would be better to be detailed than not. While I understand the Quality over Quantity rule, while Quality is important, it isn't the case here)

You will notice there are no “Personality” sections. That is because I want to develop that through Character interaction. If you absolutely MUST write something down for it, please simply store it on your dropbox/desktop/documents folder/piece of paper in a desk in your fifth cousin twice removed's old desk drawers(heh… family humor)

Another thing you need to be aware of is that this RP is in OMEGA for the simple reason that I am not picky on length. GRAMMAR however, is a different story. I expect you to spellcheck. I do not expect perfection, but I do expect coherence.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:38 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

FAQ

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:39 pm 

i finally have a soild connection and can be back after almost 2 years :D

CIVILIAN NAME: Kiem sorda
SUPER NAME: the ancient one
Race: Nekomana
ABILITIES: Control over the four elements (earth, air, Fire and water)
.............................................................................................................................................
magical spells:

Elution spell: casts a spell which hides things from site of non-magical beings

Soul essence blade: creates a sword of pure light, which has no effect on normal beings, but if he uses it on a fellow magical user then their soul is destroyed

Healing spell: can heal most wounds but cannot heal the dead, cannot use it on himself

teleportation spell: see tin :P
.............................................................................................................................................
Reincarnation: every time he dies his soul is reborn in a new body, when he hits the age of 16 his memories of previous lives come back to him as well as his ears, tail and powers

however, if he is killed by a soul essence blade he cannot reincarnate.
.......................................................................................................................................................................................
cat agility

EQUIPMENT: double bladed sword
HIDEOUT: No
RECOGNIZED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT: No: he's not a villain but is a major anti-hero
ORIGIN STORY: Once the Nekomana were the dominate species on earth, every one of them could Reincarnate unless killed by a soul essence blade. Around the time man started to walk a war broke out among his people. There were two fractions
the Guardians: they wished to protect man who was now evolving on their earth and help them while they grow

the Angels: they wanted to be the only form of life on earth and sort to kill everything

Kiem was guardian. through the war they were using soul essence weaponry, thus they fought themselves to near extinction. as far as Kiem is aware he is the last of his kind. he has been wondering the earth throughout several thousand life time’s now. He has died more times than he cared to count but as it was never a soul essence blade that killed him he always returned sooner or later. He is billions of years old now and carries the pain of being the last of his kind (or so he thinks). However, through every one of his life times he has always been an anti-hero to the humans, trying to keep the ideals of the Guardians going but his task and methods corrupted by the pain he carries.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:55 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

CIVILIAN NAME:N/A

SUPER NAME: Wizard Of Odds

ABILITIES: excellent hand to hand combatant, slightly above average physique for his age

EQUIPMENT: a scepter with the ability to transfigure to any weapon known to the user, fictional or real, this includes organics such as anacondas.

HIDEOUT: An Abandoned Dimensional Prison

RECOGNIZED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT: Yes, Villain

WEAKNESS: Magic. despite being good at combat in general and weilding a staff that has magical properties, he cannot take more than a few hits with magical attacks. he is also just an average man, so half the time as long as you beat him up enough, he will go quietly.

ORIGIN STORY: Having been a small time Gang leader, he was just doing a raid on a house when he found the box. it seemed to ask him to open it, drawing him to itself, and as his weakness was to steal things, he did so to find a demonic presence that overpowered him and sent him into the Major leagues of villainy. He was eventually cast into a prison meant to be separated from Earth's dimension, but he came back from there saying "I just love what I've done with the place!" and stole a high tech weapon-like scepter that could take on the form of almost anything he could think of. His whereabouts are currently unknown.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:45 pm 

In College

Medals: 10
Completed RP (5) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (5)

CIVILIAN NAME: Eloise Farner

SUPER NAME: The Puppet

ABILITIES: Eloise has a special constitution which allows her to use any type of magical item. She also has powerful mental strength to keep them from taking her over so easily.

EQUIPMENT:
-A featureless mask that looks to be made of bone. When the mask is worn, it transforms the wearer into a featureless, genderless, humanoid puppet of the same material. Additionally, all other equipment is then stored into the mask, and can be withdrawn by touching it. The mask can also be used for storage purposes even when not in use. It contains approximately one hundred square feet of storage space. When in puppet form, one will feel no pain or emotion, and is essentially immortal (or perhaps undead is more accurate). However, staying in that form for extended periods of time will lead to being invaded by the passivity of a puppet, and even having one's consciousness stripped from them.

-A blood-red assassin's blade that damages the nearest vital spot, no matter where it strikes on a person's body. (It follows the structure of the body, not actual proximity.) If multiple vital spots are nearby, the damage is split equally between them.

HIDEOUT: Yes. Deep in the mountains there is an ancient cave. The cave is full of shrines and statues and apparently used to be home to an organization of assassins. All the deadly ancient traps are still in place, but Eloise can use her ability to safely bypass them. This is the place where she found her mask and the blade. They had survived the centuries while everything else useful had disintegrated.

RECOGNIZED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT: Yes, they consider her a Villain. In reality, she is just a very serious Antihero. She has never stopped to explain herself.

ORIGIN STORY: When Eloise was young, she had a brother who was her only family. One day, a villain arrived, dying at their doorstep. They didn't know who he was, and tried to treat him. However, their efforts were futile. But just before the end, the villain used a strange power to transfer his consciousness to Eloise's brother, then left to pursue his own goals, leaving Eloise all alone.

She spent the next three years trying to dig up anything she could find about this body-snatching villain. Eventually, she was able to put the pieces together. Most important was that she learned he could only permanently possess male bodies with a special constitution. She and her brother happened to have the same constitution, and thus she discovered where her path would lead her.

Although the chances of success did decrease, that villain could snatch bodies from anywhere. Killing every male with that constitution was a cruel but surefire way to cut off his escape routes so she could deal with him for good. After spending another three years searching for deadly magical artifacts that could aid her in this endeavor, Eloise happened upon an ancient underground assassin's temple. There she found the Bone Mask and the Bloody Dagger. There she made her home.

------------------------

CIVILIAN NAME: Eliot Farner (his most recent body's name. Originally, N/A)

SUPER NAME: The Artificer

ABILITIES: Everything about the Artificer can be considered a magical artifact, even down to his soul. Should he near death, he can transfer his soul to any male with a constitution that lets them easily utilize magical artifacts. It doesn't matter how far away they might be, but his chances of success go down a bit. Failure means death. After transferring to a new body, his soul corrupts it just like any other powerful artifact would do. His host's body becomes just like the original (not in appearance) and becomes a magical artifact itself.

As a living magical artifact, the Artificer's function is to create other artifacts. However, these artifacts are especially corrosive, and he gains control of any host that falls to them. In fact, his ability to transfer his consciousness is just an extension of this. His soul is an artifact so corrosive it will take over the host almost instantly. The danger is that if someone is far enough away and powerful enough, they might not be possessed. In that case, the Artificer would just be a normal magical artifact with his consciousness suppressed. His powers could then be utilized by the holder. In order to make a new artifact, he merely needs to keep a regular item on his body long enough for it to assimilate as a part of him. The effects of the artifact can be determined by him if he puts in considerable effort. Otherwise, it's simpler to just have them take on the most natural ability.

As a living magical artifact, the Artificer requires neither sleep nor sustenance. But no magical artifact exists forever. They only grow weaker and not stronger. No one knows what mysterious force sustains them, but if it ever ran out, that would be the end of him.

Each part of the Artificer's body has an effect, however, that effect is merely to amplify a human's usual abilities. His physique and senses are all a bit better than average. It's not too impressive, but they are still artifacts. If a human with no talent comes into contact with him, he can possess them, and they will become an auxiliary body.

EQUIPMENT: His entire body is a magical artifact, why would he carry anything else besides some clothes and whatever else he's trying to make into a magical artifact?

HIDEOUT: No.

RECOGNIZED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT: No, Regretful Villain.

ORIGIN STORY: The Artificer has no idea where he came from or who created him. He wasn't sure if he was originally a human who became an artifact or an artifact that became a human. He was just suddenly alive one day, full of questions. As decades passed, he never received any answers. He just gradually came to accept that he was what he was. He couldn't see any real point in prolonging his existence, but he was afraid of stopping. So, if a body would die, he would ignore the consequences and take a new one for himself. As far as creating other artifacts went, it brought him joy--like being a father. And the feeling of corroding a humans mind, although he recognized that it was probably morally abhorrent, felt utterly satisfying. The Artificer's story is merely ten thousand pages of a single chapter; something that humans might consider a monster simply living as was natural for it. He didn't keep track of how many people he had inadvertently harmed. After thousands of years, his empathy was only so developed.

Your result for The Fantasy RPG Class Test...

The Witch Hunter
15% Strength, 67% Bloodlust, 10% Intelligence, 37% Spirit, 22% Vitality and 13% Agility!

Savage and deadly, the Witch Hunters use their powerful dark magic to defeat their opponents. Masters of killing and torture, the Witch Hunters will seek out other powerful magic users to slay so that they can capture their souls and summon them in battle. These dark undead magicians will blindly serve them and obey their every command! Witch Hunters have also mastered both light and dark magic, which they can use to confuse and mentally torture their foes. Witch Hunters that have strayed to the side of light may be less proficient with their dark magic; however, they can use their mastery over light to heal and create powerful illusions. In fact, these warriors can use their light in ways that no other spellcaster class can. By combining their light with dark magic, they can trap their foes in worlds of illusion where they can torment and torture their foes. Oftentimes, a few moments within the illusion can seem like an eternity, and once an opponent manages to escape from the illusion they are broken and empty shells of their former selves. Controlling enemies and forcing them to do their bidding is no trouble for Witch Hunters.

Congratulations on reaching this high class!

You have not mastered any Hidden Power granted by the Genie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:29 pm 

i finally have a soild connection and can be back after almost 2 years :D

Where we at with this