All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:46 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Draco smiled softly at that, constantly forgetting that Harry was a parent. It was a little strange to him, but it did help knowing that it was an adopted son, and not a biological one. It made it a little easier to process for him.
"I keep forgetting that you have a son," he said, figuring that he just as well could voice his thoughts. It was a nice and relaxing conversation, and he was pleased with how easy it was going, at least he thought it was nice and easy. He couldn't know whether or not Harry agreed. "It was Teddy, right?" He asked, really hoping that he got the right name. After all, Harry only mentioned it once in passing, but he still wanted to get it right. "How is he?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:28 am 

Draco's words made Harry's heart skip a beat; Harry wasn't sure what lied behind Draco's comment about having forgotten about Teddy, and for a brief instance Harry feared that it would cause Draco to lose interest. It was a great relief when Draco continued, but still trying to judge whether Draco asked out of courtesy, there was a slight hesitation in his voice.
"Yeah," he answered softly. A smile grew on his lips as he shifted his position. He was well aware of the fact that he if he once got started on Teddy, he would be able to stop; and yet, he couldn't help himself. "He's absolutely terrific. He's in primary school but he's such a smart kid, it's absolutely mind blowing."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:52 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco nodded at that, interested in what Harry had to tell him. He didn't know a lot about children, seeing as none of his friends had any kids yet, but it was still nice to see how happy Harry was about his child. It was obvious that Harry loved Teddy a lot, and Draco was happy that he has been able to help a child who had nothing.
"I bet that he is great, I mean, with a parent like you how couldn't he be?" He said with a warm smile, meaning the praise sincerely. He had always seen Harry as a great guy, and he was certain that he was a great parent, even if he couldn't know for sure. "How long has you had custody over him?" He asked, tilting his head slightly to the side.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:08 pm 

Harry was absolutely floored by that, and for a moment, he was unable to process Draco's follow up question through his surprise over the compliment. His cheeks were burning hot in a matter of seconds, and he eventually had to look down, too flustered to meet Draco's smile.
"I, hah -" Harry stuttered in half a laugh, his eyes still firmly fixated on the cup before him, yet seemingly unable to see it. "I'd say it's more nature than nurture," he eventually dismissed the compliment, his voice soft in an almost apologetic matter, as he finally dared meet Draco's eyes. However, the sight that met him took his breath away, leaving another silent, awkward moments between once answer and the other.
"Um, basically since I graduated college," Harry finally managed to say, still sounding completely disoriented by everything. "- when I got a permanent position as a teacher."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:06 am 

Draco nodded at that, mostly just wanting to prompt Harry to keep talking. After all, it wasn't really that hard to keep track of Draco's life, but he knew only very little about Harry's. It was a little confusing to him that Harry kept turning down his compliments, but he figured that it just was awkwardness about being around an old class mate again.
"That's quite some time then. Must be weird to have to adjust to being a parent fresh out of college," he commented. Not that he really had anything to compare to. He was working on getting a degree himself, but he had been in x-factor fresh out of high school, and had mostly focused on making a career for himself after that. However, he was studying part time in the side now, trying to get through the medical study, while also touring and writing an album. It was tough, but he loved it.
"I'm not sure I could have done that," he added after a while, really admiring Harry for taking in a child when he was barely an adult himself.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:15 pm 

"His, uh -" Harry started, but he wasn't sure if he ought to continue. After all, it wasn't the most lighthearted of conversation; deciding it helped put things into perspective, Harry licked his lips and decided to continue in spite of it. "His parents passed around the time we gradated, so getting custody over him after college still felt like it was three years too late."
There soft smile on Harry's lips was momentarily covered by his coffee cup, as he drank the last, cold sip from the mug. Draco's follow up comment, however, made him frown, and hum his disagreement as he put the cup back onto the table.
"You've done things that are equally hard, though," Harry allowed himself to comment. "I for sure wouldn't have been able to deal with the pressure you're under."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:04 am 

Draco' heart fell at that, feeling bad about Harry turning the attention to the pressure he was under. Sure, Draco had been under pressure ever since winning x-factor, but it was something he had picked for himself. It wasn't like Harry had been left with much choice, other than just raising this boy like he was his own. It made him wish that there was something he could do about it, but he knew there probably wasn't anything.
"It's nothing compared to what you have to deal with," he said, as he reached out to carefully place his hand on top of Harry's, wanting to comfort him somehow; even if it was a long time ago now. "I mean, if I fail then the Daily Mail will have a field day, but that'll be it. You have much less room for failing," he stated, giving Harry's hand a soft squeeze, while sending him a warm smile.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:14 pm 

Harry didn't know how to react to any of that, so he simply didn't. His mind was unable to catch up with everything that was happening, and no matter how hard he tried to focus on Draco's words, every thought was within seconds pushed aside by the sensation of Draco's hand on his.
"I, uh -" he exhaled, only then realising that his eyes had moved from Draco's face to their hands. Figuring that might be why the touch seemed to invade all of Harry's senses, he looked up at the other; the sight that met him, however, only made things worse. The reaction that hadn't come when the other reached out to touch him came upon meeting Draco's eyes. The soft smile on Draco's lips and the sincerity of it all took Harry's breath away, and a heat crept up his neck in a blush only hidden by the darkness of his skin.
With another laughing exhale, Harry struggled to find any words, and eventually had to look down. In a small, uncertain movement, Harry flexed his hand under Draco, in a gesture that was somewhere between a return of the touch and an plead for the caress to end. Uncertain which signal he had intended to send, Harry's eyes remained on their hands.
"I don't know what to tell you, Draco," Harry eventually admitted, though most of it stemmed from the fact that he had forgotten what Draco had said in the first place. "I wouldn't change it for the world."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:46 am 

Draco didn't expect Harry to say anything, he just wanted to extend some kindness to the man in front of him. They were living very different lives, and while Draco never would be able to understand what Harry was going through, then he still wanted him to know that he would be there if it should be needed. It felt a little too heavy to say out loud, but he also wanted Harry to know. In the end, he decided on just talking without a filter for a bit, hoping that he didn't scare Harry away.
"I bet you wouldn't. You're a great guy," he said with a warm smile, his hand still resting on top of Harry's. He didn't know if Harry wanted him to move the hand, but he figured that he would tell him if that was the case. "Anyway, if there ever is anything I can do to help you, don't be shy to ask. What you're doing is incredible, and you deserve any aid I can give you," he offered, hoping that it wasn't too much. He just had a lot, way more than he could ever use, and if his wealth could in any way help someone who needed it, he would be more than pleased.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:08 pm 

Harry struggled to keep up with everything that Draco was saying to him. He did his best to hear past Draco calling him a great guy (which made his heart flutter), and though it took a few moments, Harry eventually frowned.
He understood that Draco's words stemmed from kindness, but Harry couldn't put a finger on what he had said that had given Draco the impression that he was struggling with parenthood, both emotionally and financially. Experiencing two fairly conflicting emotions at once, Harry moved his hand away from Draco's touch.
"I'm fine," he answered, and what he had intended to be matter-of-factly almost sounded rude said out loud. "Really," he reassured, wanting to soften the hardness of his initial answer with a soft smile. "We're fine. But thank you."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:32 pm 

The sudden change of mood was so heavy that you could almost feel it in the air. He leant back in his chair, not meaning to offend Harry, but apparently he came across that way. He retracted his hand when Harry pulled it away as well, not wanting to overstep in any way, shape or form. A soft frown formed on his forehead, but he didn't want to dig into it.
"Of course you're fine," he said, not having wanted to imply anything different. "But sometimes you could use a helping hand anyway. Even if you are fine as you are," he added, wanting to make his intentions perfectly clear to Harry. Once again, he hadn't meant to offend.
"Anyway, do you want to go for a walk? I get restless when sitting still for too long."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:52 pm 

Draco's words completely caught Harry off guard. He had been, in a matter of moments, been completely envolved by guilt, brought onto him by his harsh reaction to Draco's kind and generous offer; in fact, Harry had come to the conclusion that it might be better if he left, the moment Draco suggested to extend this beyond coffee.
"Um," Harry started, having to rethink everything in a split second. He glanced towards his wrist watch, well aware of the fact that he was free until Teddy finished his French class at five.
"Sure," he eventually exhaled, finding himself to be too weak and too absorbed by Draco to be the one to end the day. As a soft smile appeared on his lips, Harry was painfully aware of the fact that he'd stick around until Draco grew tired of him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:41 pm 

Draco smiled at that, and dug out a bill from his wallet, leaving it under his cup as a tip, before getting up to get his things. He hoped that there was no hard feelings between him and Harry, even if his suggestion might have been a little forward. He really wanted to reconnect with Harry, and he didn't really know why. He had always liked Harry, and always regretted that they didn't get to talk more. Now was his second chance.
"Great," he said with a warm smile. "It is a nice day out, after all," he said, as he wrapped a scarf around his neck, and buttoned up his jacket.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:44 pm 

Mirroring Draco's movements, Harry stood up and glanced across his shoulder when the other made a comment on the weather. Though Harry had been out and about today, he must have had other things in mind, because the state of the weather hadn't left a lasting impression.
"Yeah, it is," he responded under his breath, his eyes remaining on the windows for a moment or two after speaking. When he finally looked away, he turned his attention to his coat and scarf; Harry put on the coat, but - seeing as the weather was as mild as it was - he just draped the scarf around his neck a single time.
"Is there anywhere in particular you wanna go?" Harry asked softly, as he at long last looked at Draco.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:46 pm 

Putting on his gloves, Draco shrugged softly. He never really had a specific destination with his walks, he just really enjoyed going long walks. It usually helped spike some inspiration as well, and he could really use that. Honestly, working on an album that most of the world was anticipating was a little scary, and super hard, so walking helped to clear his head of the expectations, and just write instead.
"Nowhere specific in mind. I was thinking that we just walk around for a bit," he said with a shrug, and looked up at Harry with a soft smile. "But if you have any wishes, do feel free to say so. I just get restless."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:35 pm 

"Um," Harry once again hesitated, not really knowing what to say; It wasn't like he was in a hurry to get anywhere. Thoughtfully, Harry glanced aimlessly to the windows to his left.
"I have to be in Chelsea a bit to five, so if we could head that way it would be perfect," he eventually answered, looking back at Draco as he spoke. An instinctive smile grew on Harry lips at the sight, as he once again patted down his pockets in search for his wallet, keys and phone in an restless gesture. "If its not much of a bother."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:28 pm 

Draco shrugged softly at that, not really having a destination for their walk, so he didn't mind. In fact, it was nice to have a purpose, especially when you walked with someone else. It made it less awkward when neither of you suddenly knew where to go.
"It's not bother at all," he said with a warm grin, as he cuddled himself a little further into his jacket. It was nice weather, but it was a little brisk outside, and Draco got cold very easily. He buried his hands in his pockets, despite also wearing gloves, and looked over at Harry. "I have nowhere to be, so whichever is helpful to you is what we will do."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:05 pm 

Harry seemed relieved at that, his smile momentarily appearing brighter.
"Alright, thanks," he breathed, seemingly relieved and delighted about how things turned out. "It's no rush, it would just same me a ride on the subway if we didn't go the opposite way."
It was also, partially, because it would mean Harry had more time to spend with Draco. This was of course nothing Harry was willing to admit, and as soon as he realisation of it crept into the back of his mind, Harry once again glanced away. "Shall we?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:50 am 

Draco nodded at that, figuring that that made sense. He didn't have anything to do all day, and while Hermione probably thought that he should be working on his album, then he felt that he could take some time off for this.
"Sure thing. No reason to inconvenience you," he said with a warm smile. He looked around them, mostly to stop himself from staring at Harry. After all, he didn't really know what Harry thought that this was, so he didn't want to read too much into it. There was no reason to set yourself up for disappoint.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:46 pm 

Harry looked back at Draco as the other looked away. Everything was so unbelievable Harry almost went full circle back to being relaxed around Draco, and Harry had to take a moment to remind himself of the fact that Draco was undoubtedly the most famous person Harry would ever meet.
"Alright," he finally said; his sudden loss of breath once again reflecting an ounce of intimidation, and a crooked smile appeared onto his lips to excuse his awkwardness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next