Post subject: Face of the Reaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:46 am 

Rping on Weekends!

Medals: 3
Hero of the Month (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

-The Story-
You don’t know where you are. Just a few seconds ago you had woken up sitting in a chair in the middle of a pure white room. You don’t remember how you got here, that’s for sure, all you remember was that you were living your normal boring life; Not many friends, not much to do, normal, normal, normal…… But then it hits you like a ton of bricks. YOU DIED. You start to panic. How could I have died!? No, no, no, no! I’m not dead, not at all! Nope! Totally not dead at all! … … … I’m dead. . . . I’m DEAD. Oh gosh no … I’m dead aren’t I? B-but that’s not fair… I had so much to look forward to… No… “This isn’t fair…” You sob, cover your face and try hard to keep the tears in.
“Who said death was fair?”
Wait… That wasn’t your voice. You look up from your hands towards the figure in a shadowy, black cloak-- a scythe in his hand and standing in front of you just a few feet away.
You feel your heart drop into your stomach.
The figure gives you a small wave. “Hi! Glad I finally have your attention--”
You black out.

When you wake up… he’s still there.
Just as you start feeling your eyes starting to roll back, “Hi! No! No, no, no, no! Please don’t faint again!” The Reaper’s scythe disappears as he holds his arms out and flips his hood off his head showing a seemingly normal human face. “See? Not scary?” He gives a half smile, half grimace. He walks closer to where you’re sitting and looks around at your face.
You try to get away-- you shake and jerk and struggle, but you can’t seem to move away from your spot on the chair.
“Hey, hey. Like I said, not gonna hurt you. Just need to give you orientation, alright?” He says, yellow note cards appear in his hands from nowhere. Glancing at you one more time he clears his throat and speaks. “So you’ve died. Great! Well… Not great for you being all dead and such but umm… Great!…. Okay… Cutting to the chase now. I am the grim reaper! Well... one of many in the world..." He shrugs, "Anyways, you my friend are a neutral soul. You know what that means?” He looks at you.
You blink at him and finally register that he asked you a question; you shake your head.
He leans forward a bit so you both are almost nose to nose. “It means you have done nothing with your life! Ain’t that great?”
You feel blood drain from your face.
“No?” The reaper tilts his head to the side. “Ahem… right. Anyways... Since you are a neutral soul it means you belong nowhere.” He walked over to the nearest white wall and leaned against it casually. “You don’t belong in Heaven. You don’t belong in Hell.” He said counting both out on his robe hidden fingers. “So this is where I come in.” He puts his arms down and taps out a beat on his thighs. “As a member of the Grim Reapers Association, we give you two options. Return to Earth and roam around as a lost soul…” He crosses his arms and looks you dead in the eye. “Or… You can join us and become a grim reaper yourself.”
You are stunned.
“I’ll give you sometime to think about it.” The reaper gets up from the wall. His scythe reappears in his hands and he walks away. “Oh, before I go.” He says looking at you over his shoulder. “My name is Marks. Call for me when you’re ready to give a answer.” He vanishes.

-Plot-
Welcome to the afterlife! Your character; a quintessential ‘Average Joe’, just died and found out they’ve done nothing really substantial in life leading them to become a neutral soul. Bad news; you can’t go to heaven and you can’t go to hell. Good news; you get a second chance. If you choose to become a reaper you get to work towards a good (or bad) afterlife by collecting souls and bringing them where they need to be. Be aware though, being a grim reaper isn’t as easy as it sounds. A Reaper is the active but neutral party of the supernatural world so you’re bound to get mixed up into all kinds of things. Let’s just hope your soul comes out of this in one piece.

"Life is composed of light and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Face of the Reaper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:59 am 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Tell me if you find this interesting and would want to join!

The RP will focus mainly on the Grim Reapers in the beginning but will later move on to things such as Angels, Demons, Fae, and humans with magic power.

There is also the possibility of the RP moving over to Alpha depending on my availability and college schedule so please keep that in mind!

"Life is composed of light and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:00 am 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

I'm in! If that's okay?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 am 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Totes gurly! Hopefully if we have enough people I can get a proper OOC up by Saturday or Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:04 am 

1st Year (1)

Zana820 wrote:
Totes gurly! Hopefully if we have enough people I can get a proper OOC up by Saturday or Sunday.

Alright. Works for me then.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:13 am 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Good!

Feel free to ask me anything regarding the RP.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:49 am 

Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

*is sitting behind a desk with hand way up in the air, shaking it back and forth* 'me! Me! Pick me! Hahaha

I would love to join, I have a odd obsession with grim reapers and the gods, goddess, and angles of death. Go ahead, ask me about one and I could probably tell you! Though I really only know Greek and Nordic myths :p

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:08 pm 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Haha good! I forgot to put that this world is kinda sandbox, I have some rough ideas and elements I want in the story, but if you have stuff you want in the RP feel free to give some suggestions. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:11 pm 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

1st Year (1)

I'd be down for this

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:11 am 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Great, glad you're interested. :)
Since it seems that I have enough people interested I'll make the OOC for the RP in a little bit. This way you guys can get started in making your characters and have more info.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:50 am 

Rping on Weekends!

1st Year (1)

Beta OOC is up, just to let you know. I'll try to start the RP this or next Friday so have your character forms ready by then. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:08 am 

The dreaded clopening shift.

Blog: View Blog (9)

Hello! I am very interested in joining this. Are you still recruiting?