All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:15 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

"Only if I know that you could have done better," Draco stated, his voice deadpan, and he knew that it was the truth. If he could see that Harry could've done better, yet still ****ing up, then he was going to be very mad. After all, he needed to win. That was all he could care about in relation to this. He really had to win this thing.
He placed a hand softly on Harry's shoulder, and then leant down to get closer to his ear; not wanting to be overheard will threatening his teammate. "So you better bring your A game to this. We are going for the win."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:01 pm 

Harry twitched under Draco's touch, as the weight of his hand and the other's proximity to his ear caught him by surprise and made his heart skip a beat. He coughed out a small, joyless laugh in an attempt to mask how out of breath this conversation had left him.
Left slightly tense by it all, Harry was afraid to move. He knew that Draco was still painfully close to him, and he was afraid he might bump into him if he moved his head too much. "I'll do my best, then," he muttered back.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:42 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco nodded at that, even if he knew that Harry couldn't see him. He just really needed Harry to take the competition as seriously as Draco did, otherwise they would have absolutely no chance of winning. Or worse, they would win by pure luck, and what even was the fun in that?
He removed his hand from Harry's shoulder, seeing as they were being called into action, and they were no longer allowed to touch. He looked at the things they had in front of him, still thinking that it was a ridiculous challenge, but he still had to win. Honestly, he didn't care how stupid it was. If he could win, he had to win.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:27 pm 

As soon as Draco came on a distance, other sounds and smells started to appear, and breathing felt much easier. In a moment of clarity, Harry realised that the reason they were blindfolded a good while before the game started might have been to give the players a moment to adjust to the darkness; Harry, however, could not pinpoint anything but Draco.
Harry knew that the table he was seated at must be full of a variety of things; he heard the cloth drape be pulled apart moments after an airhorn (that made Harry jump in his seat) started the game. Suddenly intimidated by Draco's words, Harry awkwardly moved his hands on top of the table top, waiting for Draco to speak.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:19 pm 

Draco quickly assessed the situation, getting ready to win the competition. As soon as he realised what they were about to do, he leant a little closer to Harry again, not very keen for yelling over the crowd.
"Okay, in front of you are materials for a layer cake. You have pre-cut bottoms right by your left hand, I need you to carefully open the packet, they are wrapped in plastic, and then carefully separate them," he said in a calm, but stern, voice. He wanted to make it clear to Harry that this was business, but he also knew that freaking him out could ruin it all. He would have to stay calm, so that Harry would keep calm too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm 

Though Draco's proximity once again had Harry's heart stuck in his throat, he managed to move his hands fairly precisely. As delicately as possible given the situation, Harry gripped the packet, trying to feel his way to the sealed edge.
"Um, how many cake bottoms are there in the packet?" he asked, a small frown on his features, as he took a deep breath before tearing into the packet.
As it tends to happen, the thing plastic wrapping tore all the way down. When one of the anchorpoints disappeared, Harry flinched, awkwardly catching at least some cake before completely dropping it. With his heart hammering out of his chest, Harry sat immobile for a second or two. "Did - did I break 'em?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:31 pm 

"Three in the packet," Draco answered, but it was too late. Harry almost broke all the layers, and Draco couldn't believe that he was so close to losing already. Luckily, Harry didn't **** up as badly as he could have, and most of the layers were safe. It wasn't a joke to Draco, and now that he know that they still had a chance, he wanted to win more than ever.
"You ripped one of them, but it is okay. The other two are intact. Just make sure to make the ripped one your middle layer," he explained calmly, making sure that Harry could hear him over the many yells. It was intense, but he believed that they could do it. "Separate the layers, and spread them out in front of you. Then we have to make the cream to go between them, yes?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:53 pm 

It was far more intense than Harry had anticipated. While it previously had been weirdly intimate, it was now an overwhelming mixture of sounds and textures, and Harry did his best to focus on Draco's voice in between the noises, while gently separating the cake layers (now safely put on the table).
"Can I put this on a stand or something -" Harry still had his fingers gracing one of the whole cakelayers, not wanting to loose it among the two others. As he was blindfolded, Harry realised that he hadn't been paying enough attention to the rules of the game, and with a laugh, he interrupted himself with a: "Am I even allowed to ask?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:59 pm 

"You can ask questions," Draco said, still very intense about the situation. Winning was all that mattered after all, and he wouldn't have allowed Harry to talk if it had been against the rules.
"There is a platter all the way on your left, near the edge of the table. Put the first whole later on it. Carefully," he instructed, fighting the urge to reach out and navigate Harry's hands. He wasn't allowed to touch Harry after all, and he refuses to lose on something that banal.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:44 pm 

It was very militant, but Harry tried is hardest to follow Draco's instructions to the tee; he wasn't expecting perfection, but he still strived for it. With the fingertips of his right hand he remained contact w the whole cake, and fumbled in the dark after the cake stand.
Once he found it, he gripped at the plate, lifting gently trying to decide whether or not it was attached to the base. When it shoved it was, he lifted it a bit more confidently. Quickly realising he had to let go of the cakelayer before placing the stand back down, he cleared the space in front of him in order to safely put down the stand.
"Which one-" he asked under his breath as he struggled to find the right one again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:29 am 

"Your left hand is on one of the whole ones," Draco explained, his fingers itching to help Harry get it right, but that would be breaking the rules. He would just have to trust Harry, even if it was difficult. He barely knew the guy after all, but he really did have to win. "Gently put it on the stand, and the grab the bowl next to the cake stand. We have to start making the cream."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:15 pm 

Harry did as instructed, and a fairly good job at it. Once the layers were separated into three, the cake was much easier to handle and transfering it from one place to the other was easy enough.
"Is this being judged om speed or end result?" Harry asked with a little, laughing sound as he fumbled for the bowl Draco directed him to. He, however, doubted he would be either the fastest or the best, and once he found the bowl, he moved it closer.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:04 pm 

"Prettiest cake and best teamwork," Draco stated, knowing the exact guidelines of the competition. After all, if he got the rules wrong, how would he ever be able to win?
"Now, you have a box of instant mix to make the cream for the cake. It is on your right, next to the whisk. Get a packet out of the box, and pour it into the bowl," he instructed. He tried to concentrate on what they were doing, but he could hear that a lot of the others were doing poorly, mostly from their stressed out screaming.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:42 pm 

Harry had bumped into the box a couple of times, and had no trouble finding it, leaving the whisk behind for now. While locating things in the blind was no problem, distance relations was a whole other thing. Harry couldn't help but exhale a dumb, nervous laugh as he several times had to make sure he was holding the box directly on top of the bowl.
"God, help me," he muttered under his breath before finally daring to open the cardboard box. "Is-" he started, moving his right hand across the back of the left hand, trying to see if any powder had fallen on him. "Is it in a bag?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:01 pm 

"Yes," Draco said, cursing himself for not stating that. He just figured that it made sense, but he had to be perfectly clear in his instructions, if they wanted to win this. "Sorry for not telling," he said, frowning softly at himself. "There are three individual bags. You are just going to need one of them. Be careful when you rip it open, you have to rip it though, because there are no scissors," he said, wanting to be absolutely clear in his instructions this time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:55 pm 

Now that Draco confirmed that the powder was in separate bags Harry finally dared feeling into the box.
"Is the plan that we're gonna eat these?" he asked, as he put down the box and opened one of the bags above the bowl. "Because if so you're gonna have to keep an eye on plastic bits at pieces for me."
It was very possible that Harry had dropped something into the bowl that would affect the over all taste of the final cake; on a second thought, however, he figured Draco would have said something if that was the case.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:59 pm 

"I doubt it," Draco said with a soft shrug, despite the fact that Harry couldn't see the gesture. He didn't want to eat the cake after all, even if he trusted Harry's abilities. Cake just really wasn't a part of his diet.
"Don't worry about it though, we are in better shape than the other teams," he reassured him, and he was fairly certain that it was the truth. He hadn't looked too much around, having wanted to focus on what Harry is doing, but he was confident in their abilities. "Now, you have a jar of water right in front of you, but by the edge of the table. It isn't very full, but you still need to be careful when you pick it up. I am going to assume that it is measured so it's appropriate to the amount of powder, so just pour it all in, and then whisk."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:16 pm 

Though Harry could feel the jar was of glass, everything was much less intimidating than the cake layers. Once again making sure his aim was right, Harry poured the water into the bowl on the second time aligning it over the bowl. Whisking it, however, could easily be more complicated that it first appeared.
"**** me," Harry breathed with a grin as he, with the whisk in his left hand, tried to decide how to best tackle the task ahead.
"Alright," he eventually concluded, pushing his chair a bit backwards in order to fit the bowl on his lap, now working in a much more comfortable angle. As he started to beat the mixture with the whisk, he turned slightly towards where he thought he had Draco. "Let me know when."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:30 pm 

"Maybe later," Draco added absentmindedly. He hadn't talked with a lot of people at the camp yet, but he has gotten to spend a lot of time with Pansy, and they constantly talked to each other like that. He was also very focused on what Harry was doing, and for him to do it all properly.
"Don't tilt it so much, you'll get it all over your trousers," he added. As much as he wanted to win, then he also didn't want Harry to make too big of a mess of himself. After all, if they didn't win, they could at least go by being good looking. That was always Draco's fallback in any, and all, situations.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:09 pm 

Draco's retort to the comment Harry had spoken under his breath completely set Harry off course. Inattentively he stopped whisking the mixture, instead turning slightly towards the sound of Draco's voice. After a few seconds of amazement, a dumb grin reappeared on his lips. "You're a cheap date if all it takes is a box of powdered cream."
It was said as a joke, but mainly to take away from the intimacy of Draco's words. Harry's cheeks, had once again heated up in an awkward, childish reaction, and after a moment of silence, he once again turned towards the bowl. He changed his grip around it before once again starting whisking. "Better like this?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next