All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2Spooky4Me
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:17 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Well, it's October, which means Halloween inches closer and closer to us. Halloween, Dia de los Muertos, All Hallow's Eve, whatever you want to call it.

I know us lovers of all things Halloween cannot wait for that one, fateful night. To pass the time, I figured we could all chat about all things spooky and scary, that make our skin crawl. Now, you could be a badass and say that nothing frightens you, or that you are scary yourself, but I'm sure you have had at least one spooky encounter in your life. Especially if you're like me and read creepypastas in the middle of the night, no matter how cheesy they are, and freak yourself out over the most mundane things while you're trying to sleep. Or have been through some spooky places and experienced things that really sound ridiculous or unbelievable until you experience it for yourself. Things like that.

I know my spookiest encounter was while I was on one of those ghost tours in Gettysburg. There was this farm house where the owner hanged himself in the attic, and while I was up there I swear there was something there that was telling me to leave. I didn't hear it, it was more of a feeling instead. Damn right, chicken **** I am when it comes to pitch darkness, I hauled ass back down the stairs.

Not seeing where I'm going, having no sense of direction, makes me very uncomfortable.

Anyway!

Creepypastas, spooky rituals, stories about encounters, like mine, things you might have found on the deep web, let's really send some shivers through CF!

Note: Adhere to site guidelines; no snuff or images displaying nudity, should you share pictures.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: 2Spooky4Me
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:26 am 

lurking

For the first 11 or so years of my life I would fall asleep to this mechanical humming sound. I never knew what it was and being young and imaginative I would think it was giant robots stomping down the streets to kill me. I had nightmares about this for a VERY long time and was constantly terrified of this idea of giant robots coming to kill me. This happened pretty much every night until I finally decided to say something to my mom and it turned out that my ceiling fan just needed to be oiled.

An anticlimactic end to a horror filled era of my life.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:25 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Disclaimer: believe in it or not, you, person who is reading this.

I live alone in a very small apartment, and the only place where there is a wind current is my bedroom. In my kitchen, there is a counter that separates it from the living room, and then a couch, before the floor. I often keep a lot of things I need to have handy, like coffee, tea boxes, salt, etc, on my counter to make my life easier. Well, every time I watch something on Youtube about real hauntings or something like that, the tea boxes fall off my counter and somehow land on the floor right in the middle of my living room (the normal thing would be for them to fall on the couch). For no reason whatsoever, and absolutely nothing else falls off the place, only the tea boxes. I confess I'm used to it, but it's kind of unnerving. They also fall off other places if I put them elsewhere, I once had them on a sitting stool while I was cleaning, and when checking on a noise in the middle of the night, I found one on the floor and the others neatly placed where they were. Zero clue what's up, but I'm almost used to it by now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:34 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

and then a skeleton popped out

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:06 pm 

I don't remember exactly how old I was, or how many years ago. Perhaps four or five, so I was eleven or ten. My bets are closer to eleven. Anyway, I used to share bunk beds with my older sister, and as she was concerned tat I may roll off the top bunk I always slept on the bottom. On some nights we would lay awake, just talking about anything, stupid to serious thinks. As we were talking one night, I promise you that at some point I saw what appeared to the the paint, pale green ghostly image is a small stuffed animal of a pig, much like a Webkinz (heh, remember those?) I was so sp00ked. I gasped and then told my sister. I then lay sp00ked for the rest of the night, until I inevitably fell asleep and forgot about it in the morning.

DON'T JUDGE THE ASPARAGUS FOR WANTING TO GROW UP INTO A TREE

THE APOCALYPSE IS APPROACHING! *Hides behind a conveniently placed sofa and puts a large metal cooking pot on my head* O3O

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50697 *Places a finger to my lips* Do not disturb the little kiddies whilst resting... e.e
Or I shall CZCHKECHK you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:21 pm 

Procrastinating

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

I had a noise based hallucination in the shower a couple weeks ago after being awake for 36 hours. I had watched two episodes of the new American Horror Story season the night before. I stopped freaking out when I realized that the "sounds" weren't actually hitting my eardrums and what the inspiration for them was. Very freaky and unpleasant experience.

Sig courtesy of the amazing Eferhilda

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:28 pm 

Bored

Medals: 3
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
Gif Hunt Participant! (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Okay so, if you haven't heard their is this weird and creepy thing going around the U.S. (if you don't live here, then I'm not sure if you know about it), but there are clowns that are appearing in places like woods and they are trying to lure people into them! I'm getting so paranoid anymore that I have myself looking around for them anytime I go into a place that I don't know off. Seriously, a creepy clown was spotting somewhere in Ohio near a school, so they shut the school down and told parents to keep them at home until they got to the bottom of it! I seen another video on Twitter of two joggers running through trails and stumble upon a clown with a knife walking across a suspension bridge on one of the trails! The joggers (like dummies) yell at the clown, who begins to chase the joggers, and the video cuts off after like 1 minute of playing and shows the clown like ten feet from the joggers, who are running at full sprint to get away from the dude! Like seriously, this has got to stop! What the hell is wrong with this world!?!?!? OMG I am so paranoid anymore because I don't know who or where these clowns could be.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:38 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

As you may know by now, I have been living in senior independent living apartment that looks like an Embassy Suites Hotel. It was suppose to be an hotel that was bought by a senior living company. I have been living here over a year. My first night here I heard rattling of chains from the hall closet then growling in my ear. I could see light from my living room window and my bedroom window. There was nothing in the hall or in my room. I had not had any change in my medication. I had only clothes and towels in my closet. Nothing I owned could sound like chains shaking. I do not own a pet.

I have heard no noise since.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:57 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

So many spooks <3

I think I'll post a few of my favorite creepypastas, the ones I can remember at least. I honestly have so many I like, I could be here all day rereading them all; it's hard to pick out just a few. But off the top of my head, these stood out the most.

I guess whether or not they are good is up to anyone who decides to read them.

11 Miles
Don't Stop Running -This one is cheesy as hell, as the name may or may not imply, but I love it because the thought is pretty eerie.
Streetlights
Staring

There is one I recall involving soldiers (I think German? It was set during WWII I believe) discovering some underground facility. It was underwater, something about experiments I think. Details are foggy... I read it a few years ago and can't seem to find it again. I'm hoping that makes sense (as there are several Nazi creepypastas) and someone knows which one I'm talking about.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:43 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

As someone stated previously the clowns...or the clownpocalypse as it's come to be known...they've moved north. Last I heard they had been spotted in a town less than 45 minutes from my home village (what the heck! nothing ever happens there!) and in Toronto...getting a little close to where I am now.

Nothing terribly spooky has happened yet at uni, but I spent the Thanksgiving weekend here alone and it was creepy! Going from having 8 people in the dorm to one was not what I expected, especially with all the weird noises, and me freaking myself out with videos and such.

But now that I've typed that out I do recall one night during the same weekend (around 12:30am-ish) when I was up and my window was open. Someone was walking by and whistling...of course this was no big deal except for the fact that it sounded like the whistling from that one scene in Insidious! Let's just say I didn't sleep until nearly 3 that morning.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon