All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:33 pm 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

After meeting up at the blacksmith Taisa had revealed that there was a Foreign Race threatening Osiris, the very sources of power that keep Melirod floating. Yarl was born and trained to battle. He would never turn down a offer to do so. "I would never turn down a opportunity to Fight!"

------------

Ingirun knew Yarl would accept the offer she had already crafted a plan to have there siblings and father to stay with there Aunt while they where gone. After a short sigh when Yarl had answered she had said "Where he goes I go."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:46 pm 

Contemplating existence

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

Fenharel chuckled a little. "Civilized? I mean I think that's what I was initially trying to be..."

He followed Tasia, Ingirun, and Yarl out of the tavern and back into the smithy, where Tasia explained everything he had been wondering about. It was almost a relief to finally know what was going on, even though the news were grim.

"Doesn't really sound like the kind of job you turn down," he responded. He paused for another moment. "And I know someone else who can help..." his voice got more quiet and trailed off near the end of the sentence, his mind wandering away and thinking of Ellaria, a girl he had rescued from an alchemist's unethical laboratory where he had experimented on her. He hoped, at least, that she was still alive.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:06 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) October 2016 (1)
Blog: View Blog (12)

Simon broke on of the swords when Ingirun said that she went where Yarl went. "Have you all gone mad? That place is literally hell and now there is some unknown race invading it and you all want to storm over there? Do you even have a plan? This is suicide!" Simon sputtered out.

Tasia took a deep breath, "So ready yourselves. We will leave in the morning."

P.S. I'm a typo queen. Sorry in Advance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:06 pm 

1st Year (1)

Yarl and Ingirun was off to prepare. Ingirun had taken care of moving her family to her aunts. And Yarl had gone to collect there weapons. Now all there was left to do was wait for morning.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:28 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel rubbed his abdomen again, taking deep breaths to steady his respiration again.

"I'll be moving ahead of you guys," he said. "I need to take a detour to see a friend that should join us, she lives near Lake Serene. I can meet up with you guys back on the shore and we can sail to Oosdorf from there, so long as we don't run into any complications."

Ellaria looked up from the flowerbeds she was weeding out as she picked up the sound of a rider in the distance. Her eyes focused on the figure looming closer and closer, and she wondered who might be riding through this road by themselves. The figure seemed oddly familiar, but it was only until it was a few feet away that she finally recognized it. She loosened her grip on the sword she was about to draw and sighed with relief, waving Fenharel over.

"It's been a long time," she said as he dismounted. "What brings you around here?"

Fenharel smiled and gave her a hug. "Otherworldly invasion that threatens us all. I think you might be able to help us. We have a little group heading out to Oosdorf to try and repel the invaders. Interested?" he asked, not wasting any time beating around the bush.

Ellaria looked down at the rows of lilies she had just planted. "Who will take care of my garden?" she asked. "I can't just let my plants die-"

"I think these aliens in Oosdorf are planning far worse than killing a couple of plants. We'll be lucky to be their slaves by the sounds of things," Fenharel said, cutting her off.

Ellaria frowned, still looking down at her plants. "I don't like this. And I'm only going because I owe you," she said finally, retreating into her cottage to pack up. Soon, they were both on the road to the coastline, ready to meet up with everyone else.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:54 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

The ship set anchor and a dingy was dropped into to water. As they headed of for the shore of Oosdorf. The dingy came to an abrupt stop as it ran upon land. Tasia took a deep breath and set foot on Oosdorf. She removed her swords from their resting place and Waited for the others to join her.

"I assume everyone is familiar with the life here or do i need to give you a quick rundown? And Men, Should come in contact with a siren do not look her in the eyes." She said. She ominous sounds of Oosdorf behind her.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:21 pm 

1st Year (1)

Yarl watched as Ingirun and Taisa had left there dingy. He took of his shirt then grabbed his Battle axe before stepping off the dingy. He listened to Taisa say something about a siren. He wasn't paying Attention as usual.

-------------

Ingirun followed Taisa off of the dingy here axe and shield in hand. As she stepped on the sand it gave way too her weight. This was a strange occurrence to her, her entire life she walked on solid ground. She observed her surroundings. All she found was sand, directly infront of her laid a thick jungle. No doubt they would face many injuries and with out the proper supplies, she would'nt be able to help much if one of her landing party was injured.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:05 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel tasted salt on his tongue as they sailed to the isle of Oosdorf. The wind was cold and strong, as if a storm wanted to form, and the ocean waves rocked the ship back and forth violently, but Fenharel felt at peace. He liked gray and inclement weather when he hadn't seen it in a while, it made him feel smaller but more alive at the same time. As the ship docked onto the shore at last, he jumped down from it and surveyed the land in front of him, hearing Tasia's warnings about sirens. He knew now to not trust anything he saw here.

Ellaria fidgeted with her knapsack, running through its contents to make sure she had everything she had intended to bring. There were bombs, vials of potions and poisons, and balms of all sorts inside, rattling gently as she walked. The wind blew strands of her red hair into her eyes and mouth, so she tied it up into a ponytail and followed the rest of the group deeper into the island.

"I've heard about some of the creatures here," Ellaria said. "They seem dangerous, but should we worry more about them or the aliens?" she asked.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:06 am 

Tasia laughed, "I'll let you decide. They are both going to try and kill us." Tasia eased in the jungle cutting leaves out of their path. The laughs of the trolgers and the growls on the Gin. A viper wound it's way down the tree in front of them, all the while eyeing them. The thudding in the distance of a mork. The most dangerous part was that there was so much to watch out for that it was almost overwhelming. "Keep your ey-" Before the sentence came out a Gin came barreling through the jungle. Tasia Swung her sword through the air slicing into his snout, however she swung to soon. Her anticipation would cost her. "****" She muttered before the beast made it's counter attack and lunged at her she thrust her sword into the beast's chest shoving her into the ground. She twisted her sword And she could feel it going limp, "Someone help me get this off me." She strained the words out as the Gin's weight grew.

The scurrying and laughter of trolgers could be heard around them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:45 am 

1st Year (1)

Yarl was right behind Taisa when a Gin had charged at her. She had swung her sword to early, Yarl knew she would be in some real trouble, but before he could react she had plunged her blade into its chest. The Gin collapsend on top of her. She asked for help, so Yarl had gone too lift the Gin off of her. When he started to lift the Gin up, he saw a Viper slithering down a tree. He dropped the Gin before stumbling back effectively tripping over a unearthed root. He fell backwards and smashed his head off the ground.

--------------

Ingirun had watched every thing transpire, the Gun Trapping Tasia. Yarl falling to the ground. They were in a bad place. The trolgers were all around them. They were down two people for a moment. Now would be a horrible time for the Trolgers to do anything or for that fact anything decide to do anything. Ingirun bent down near Yarl before whispering. "Are you okay you big olf"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:03 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Ellaria walked silently on the soft, moist earth of the jungle island, listening to the creatures slither and amble ever closer to the group. Suddenly they were attacked by a Gin, and the trolgers could be heard closing in as well. She reached into her pack and withdrew a pair of small explosives, holding them at the ready with her arm extended. Tasia took down the Gin and Yarl helped pull it off her, but they both fell over in the process.

Suddenly, two groups of trolgers scuttled from nearby shrubs and formed two groups, one in front of them and one behind. Ellaria faced the group in the front as she saw Fenharel turning around to face the others. She threw her grenades into their midst, watching a few of them get battered to the side from the explosion, then she drew her swords and ran to confront the rest to keep them at bay while the others recovered.

Fenharel cursed as the trolgers began to ambush their group. "Did they have to trouble themselves with so much hospitality?" he groaned as he vaulted himself around to face the group rushing them from behind. He unslung the bow on his back and fired a quick succession of arrows into the trolger, taking a few out with headshots, before they nearly converged on his position. He quickly hooked the bow onto his back and drew a sword in his right and a dagger in his left to face the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:21 pm 

Tasia struggled as the weight on top of her grew and the handle of her sword pressing into her stomach. Mustering up some strength, She planted her feet on the stomach of the gin, and tried to push it off of her. Now that she had breathing room she took a deep breath and pushed with all her strength against the dead weight of the beast. In the same motion of pushing she slid from under it. She laid on the ground a moment catching her breath before she stood up. She walked over to Yarl, "A damn snake, really? I was being crushed to death by 1,000 pound beast and you freak out over a snake?! You're seriously making me reconsider my choices here." She shook her head and slung her blade into the tree slicing the snake's head clean off. As it bounced to the jungle floor, Tasia made her way to the next obstacle. The trolgers though small were abundant and sly. Tasia went to slicing through them. They weren't as much of a threat but still an annoyance that must be addressed. As they made their way deeper in the jungle, Taisa took cover behind a tree and gestured for the others to follow suit. There was a group of the beings ahead.

Tasia peeked around the tree and saw her father kneeling in the center of the circle of beings. She grew curious, but didn't want to blow their cover. However, She now feared for her father's safety. She knew if she didn't try and save him she would hate herself. So Tasia took a deep breath and started towards them gradually gaining speed. As she went to lift her sword, they drove a jagged dagger through his chest and she watched the life drain from his eyes. Her jaw fell slightly agape as she watch his body slump to the ground. Rage and guilt hit her like a ton of bricks. If i had come to his aid sooner She thought but she knew she did not have time for this thought. She knew if she didn't snap back to reality she would be next. She quickly took out her other knife with a hooked end. Tasia became blinded with anger, a dangerous and life risking move. As she savagely ripped through them, she grew increasingly unaware of the situation around her.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:22 pm 

1st Year (1)

Yarl replied to his sister Ingirun. "Of course I'm okay, it's going to take more then a number on the head to hurt me." Afterwards he used his Battleaxe to gain leverage to ease pulling himself up. Tasia wasn't so happy about the events that transpired and she made that clear. Yarl spoke up when she had finished. "Look if the gods intended for me to like snakes they wouldn't have had me born in the coldest place on Meliord." If they would have been any other place in the world, he'd have probably sunk his Axe into her stomach. He was a warrior, he was taught to save his anger for the enemy. Luckily for Taisa she was not the enemy.

After taisa had cut the snakes head off Yarl felt slightly relived, but he still did not want to go near the snake dead or not. The group had worked there way through the jungle cutting foliage when needed. Taisa had stopped behind a tree before signaling the rest to do so. Once Yarl had done just that he laid eyes on a number of beings surrounding someone. They drove a dagger into the man they were circled around, and as fate would have it Taisa recklessly charged the beings. Yarl knew she would get herself killed if she went in alone, so he followed in suit.

Charging at the nearest being before striking it's stomach. The blade of his axe had gone deep, but not cut through. He lifted the being of the ground as it struggled to get it's self off of the axe. With a swift motion Yarl swung his Axe back connecting with another of the beings, before slamming his axe into a Tree. The being stuck km the blade was severed in half, he instinctively brought his axe back to finish the other off, effectively relieving it of its head.

------------------------------

Ingirun watched as Taisa confronted Yarl about the snake incident. She thought to herself. "Please Yarl please don't do anything stupid." When Yarl had only said that if he should like snakes, he would have been born in a different region of Melirod,
She exhaled sharply. They continued into the jungle only to stop and take cover behind some trees.

By the time she realized what was happening Yarl and Taisa had already ran towards what only could be described as aliens. She cursed silently under her breath before running after Yarl. Only to be cut short by two of the beings. She instantly stuck her sword into one of the beings chest, she let go of the swords handle, and let the being fall with it. She then proceeded to beat the other to death with her shield.

Last edited by ShadowsVictor on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:09 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel stared in shock as Upterra's ruler was murdered before his eyes. The entire movement had seemed in slow motion, and now that the knife was being withdrawn and the blood poured out, he looked towards Tasia just in time to see her charging the group of murderers. For a few more seconds he was still too shocked to move, but he quickly regained his composure and dove into the fray with the rest of the group, swinging blade and dagger in arcs and thrusts that usually ended in death. He kept himself on the fringes, attacking his foes from behind, beneath, and the side, but hardly ever head on. He always found he was most effective sneaking up on enemies when fighting in a group.

Ellaria felt a tinge of sadness for the man and Taisa, who had clearly known him, but she didn't let that slow her down. She set her face into a snarl and reached into her pack to draw a vial of poison. She dipped her blades in the green-tinged liquid and began to swing her blades in a flurry, never stopping to make sure her opponents were dead or not. As long as she cut them, she knew the poison would finish them off in a matter of minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:31 pm 

Tasia, after the blood shed finished, realized that at this particular moment in time they had successfully killed off the current threat. She Felt her heart drop and with it, her knees buckled she felt this ache in her chest. She was truly the last Petrova. How long would she make it? the corners of her mouth turned downward and she tried to fight it. She held the emotions back from her face and choked them down. All the guilt and hurt. She clenched her tightly to force back the lump in her throat. Her breath was shakey. The taste of grief heavy in the back of her mouth. She pulled her father's body closer to her, and for just a moment she let a tear slide down her face, "You were not suppose to go yet. I'm not ready. " She whispered tearfully. The bone chilling growls and shuffling of the jungle pulled her back. She laid his lifeless body back down on the jungle floor and slowly swept her hand across his face closing his eyes. She wiped her face, "Please forgive me for my moment of weakness. We must continue." She stood still waiting for the others to pass in front of her as to gain a silent moment. She felt guilty for not being able to give him an honorable burial or warrior's burning. She took a deep breath and continued on with the others. They would have to make their way to the power source on the island surrounded by dangerous waters at the center of Oosdorf.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:49 pm 

1st Year (1)

Yarl watched Taisa act the way she did over the dead King of Upterra. He thought over why she would act this way. Then it hit him he thought to himself in order to not give himself away. "OH ****! The King is her relative. Is she his daughter, was the prince i killed years ago her brother." when she asked the rest of the group to go ahead without her Yarl did not argue and had gone ahead.
----------
Ingirun had felt bad for Taisa, she had walked to her before bending down and asking. "Who was he to you. I've visioned the way I would act if I would loss Yarl. This comes close to it." when she had asked for the rest to go ahead of her she did as Tasia asked of them going behind Yarl.

Last edited by ShadowsVictor on Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:42 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

The fighting was over as soon as it began. Fenharel panted heavily, a snarl still etched onto his face. Lingering gas from some of Ellaria's bombs was lifting itself slowly from the ground, giving the sense that they were rising up like strands of fog. He noticed Tasia kneeling down next to her father, clearly letting her pain show for a brief moment. Then she stood up, and almost as if nothing had happened, told them to keep going ahead of her. Fen nodded and made his way forward, brushing up against Tasia's arm and squeezing it briefly before walking ahead.

Ellaria acknowledged Tasia's words and walked ahead, but she couldn't resist the urge to look back at the King's dead body every few seconds. She hadn't ever really known the man, but by Tasia's reaction, she lamented the fact that he couldn't get a better send off. She dropped a potion around his body as she passed by, hoping that the noxious fumes emanating from it would keep the creatures of the island at bay. At the very least, she didn't want the body to become a monster's meal.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:18 pm 

Tasia muttered to Ingirun, "he was my father." As Tasia and the group continued through the unruly jungle they were faced with more obstacles. The small river that surround Osiris' island was ahead. However, there were also a plethora of creatures and these strange beings ahead. They had securely guarded and this fight would not be an easy one. Tasia gathered the group before they were spotted. "We need a plan. If we go in unorganized we will be slaughtered. We need to be sure to pay attention. Fen, Ellaria I trust you too will guard each other. And I know confidently Ingirun and Yarl will protect each other. It is important that we watch each others backs. Now Osiris is in the small temple at the center of the little island. In the river there are mermaids and eels. They are dangerous and will drag you to the depths and you will die slowly so don't go jumping in the water. There will be sirens on this small island, so men, keep it tucked and your eyes off of them. Don't listen to them. Tune them out. Stuff linen in your ears. Whatever. I don't know how many beings there are but they will be quick and smart. So once we make it to the river, Yarl give us a bridge by cutting a tree and we will guard you. Fen and Ellaria, you take out as many as you from across the river. Once we are across we kill anything in our path. And stick together, getting separated is not the way to do this."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:33 am 

1st Year (1)

Yarl and Ingirun both knew there task and they would stick by it. When Taisa had suggested that Yarl and Ingirun would protect each other they looked at each other in unison. Yarl spoke up "I'll have your back Taisa, we are on the same team I always protect my shield brothers and sisters.

(sorry for the short post :(. )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:56 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel listened to Tasia's instructions, nodding slowly and looking towards the river. An eerie flow of sound emanated from it, a sound like insects at night but much more sinister. He gripped his knives tightly and began walking towards the river with the group, flexing his forearms then relaxing them periodically to keep his muscles reactive.

Ellaria sheathed her blades and rummaged in her pack, binding poultices on to a couple of scratches she had gotten in the last fight. "We're in too deep now to not have each other's back," she said quietly. She noticed Fenharel smiling at her as she said it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next