All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:36 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) October 2016 (1)
Blog: View Blog (12)

Simon took a deep breath "I'm sorry that i don't say much, i just get nervous. Your very beautiful. Please don't take my silence the wrong way." He looked at her deeply. His nerves were exploding, his heart was racing and though it was very cold outside he was sweating.
Tasia saw Simon and the same woman ahead, she made her way toward them, "I'm terribly sorry to interrupt, and i do not mean to be rude but Simon i could use some assistance." She stood next to them. "My arm probably needs cleaned or something." She held it up revealing the large gash. The blood had soaked her arm and was trickling down.
Rebekah entered the village walking sheepishly. She passed by the village people and their homes, she could see Tasia's noticeable hair in the distance and smiled.
"Tasia! What happened??" Simon's eyes grew wide, "Ingirun is great at that kind of thing. She can heal you in no time!" Simon ushered Tasia to follow Ingirun.
Rebekah saw her following a woman and a man, and got confused, she decided to just wait She made herself a little seat on a tree stump out side of the smithy and observed the little town. Rebekah hummed to herself. instead of speaking up. She didn't want to draw any attention to herself.
"Really, it isn't that bad just a little scratch." Tasia lied. Truth is she didn't even want to look at it. She was getting a little light headed but was not going to mention that. She followed Simon and Ingirun to the small home. Tasia took a deep breath trying to keep herself from being dizzy. She was bracing herself on the wall.
"Tasia are you okay?" Simon asked
Meanwhile, Rebekah pulled her napsack around to her lap and pulled out her fabric and began knalbinding. She was taught this technique as young girl and made different things often.

P.S. I'm a typo queen. Sorry in Advance.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:27 pm 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Yarl had just finished putting Olof and Signy to need when ingrirun had walked in, followed by Simon and Tasia. As Ingrirun helped Tasia onto the guest bed she started giving orders. " Yarl I need you to fetch some buckets if water from the spring. Make sure it is from the spring not the river. Simon go to the food reserves, see if there is any honey." after she had given orders she went to fetch some clean linen , some of the Ale Yarl kept in the home, and her sowing needles. Yarl asked "what's going on Ingirun." Ingirun responded " don't worry about it and get me the water

After everyone had returned with the necessary items, Ingirun instructed Yarl to place the buckets above the fire so the water would warm some. Once Yarl had held the buckets atop the fire for as long as he could he gave them back to Ingirun. Ingirun took the water, and began washing away the blood from the wound. Once the blood was gone, she dried the wound with some of the linen. Before dumping some alcohol on the wound. "that should sterilize it" was the other thing she said. She stitched the wound up, then placed the honey over the wound and covered it with Lenin. "There your good as new, the honey will keep it from becoming infected." she said with a smile. She proceeded to walk into the kitchen before saying. "Hey Simon could you come and help me please."
----------------------------

Yarl Had just finished putting his brother and sister to bed, when Ingirun had rushed in and started to order everyone around. She told him to get a few buckets of water from the natural spring. Yarl asked "what's going on?" only to be told to not worry about it. With that he grabbed the buckets they used to draw water, and started to run for the springs. Once he had returned with the buckets, he was told to hold them over the fire. Yarl thought to himself. "this is probably to warm the water." once he handed the water to Ingirun he watched as she worked on the girls wound. Once she had finished she went into the kitchen and called Simon into help her. Yarl stayed in the main room keeping the fire going.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:46 pm 

Contemplating existence

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

Fenharel scuttled behind a tree, observing as Tasia walked in and out of the smithy, helped by Simon and Ingirun. He was growing impatient, and decided that he had sneaked around enough. Whatever Tasia was hiding had to be important, and based on the flashing drawing he had just seen, important to everyone. He'd wait for her to recover some, then ask her what was going on.

He spotted a girl sitting in front of the shop, and though she looked a bit out of place compared to the locals, he approached her.

"Hey," he said, raising a hand in greeting. "You wouldn't happen to know who opened up the mines below this town would you?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:06 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Rebekah looked up at him "Forgive, I am not from here. I was simply sent to retrieve someone." She smiled peacefully. "I know nothing of Redora, i am from Upterra." She stood slowly, "My name is Rebekah." She extended her hand warmly.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tasia shut her eye and grit her teeth when the alcohol rushed over her arm. She cringed and fought back a scream letting only a refined growl escape. She could feel as Ingirun stitched up the wound. She took a deep breath to ease herself. When Ingirun had announced she was finished, Tasia let out a sigh of relief. "I thank you greatly. Please excuse my behavior during the process. It appears as though my wound was worse than i thought. I owe you for your help." Tasia pulled her sleeve over the bandage. She stayed seated for a moment as she waited for Simon.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Simon didn't watch the process as he was very much more squeamish than the others. He simply stood awkwardly in the corner. As Ingirun finished and asked to help her, He replied to her with, "Yes of course." He followed behind her to the kitchen area. "Thank you for helping Tasia, sometimes she goes off randomly and just appears all cut up. Your really good at healing people. I'm talking alot, i'm sorry." He he stooped the enormous amount of dialogue coming from his obviously nervous mouth. He smiled at her and pushed his glasses up his nose.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:38 pm 

1st Year (1)

After throwing a few more logs onto the fire, Yarl walked back into the bedroom where all the beds where. "so how did you manage to cut yourself open like that, your lucky my sister was here. She like the village doctor." Yarl Sat down in the chair next too her, he figured he might as well keep an eye on her until Ingirun came back. "you welcome to stay here you know that, yes?"
-----------------------
At this point Ingirun was beginning to enjoy how flustered she made Simon. She pulled a finger to her lips as to let him know to be quite. She spoke to Simon in a whispering tone. "thank you for calling me beautiful Simon, but word of warning don't let Yarl hear you say that about me. I never properly thanked you for the compliment." she leaned up and kissed Simon on the cheek. "There now you can go back to your friend." she said with a smile.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:02 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel looked at Rebekah for a second before taking her hand and shaking it. Her demeanor was friendly enough, and she seemed like she did indeed come from Upterra.

"It's a pleasure," Fenharel said. "It seems like there's a lot of us from Upterra around here these days. I'm just a guy that likes to travel, so I can't say I know whether it's pure coincidence or we're all here for a reason. I ran into Tasia earlier, did you come for her?"

Fenharel didn't necessarily mistrust Rebekah, but he did think it odd that she was here at the same time Tasia was, particularly when Tasia seemed to be so flustered about something going on.

"There isn't something going on with Oosdorf, is there?" he blurted out before she could respond to his other question.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:19 pm 

Tasia looked at him, "I was heading to the mines and i lost my footing and slipped a bit." She peered around the room. "Yes, I'm very thankful for her help. Though, i should be more careful next time." She stated, "Thank you for the offer, But i would not want to burden your family. I, Unfortunately, will have to return to Upterra soon. But I extend the same welcome to you and your family if you should find yourself there." Tasia stood slowly. "Thank you again." She smiled and glided out of the room.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Simon lost all feeling in his extremities, Had he not be next to the counter he would have hit the floor like a sack of rocks. "Any time." His glasses had fogged and his head flew to the clouds. Simon was unavailable to focus on the world around him. When he snapped back to reality, "Oh yeah Tasia. We should check on her." As he stepped back into the other room Tasia nodded to him, "I must speak with you about the mines." She stared at him intently. Simon nodded back and followed behind. Simon was still on cloud nine as they made their way back do the narrow path through the village.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Rebekah looked at him cautiously, "I am here for Tasia. Why do you ask?" His question about Oosdorf had really thrown her off. As she knew nothing of Oosdorf or the disturbances, She simply carried a letter for Tasia. "I know nothing of Oosdorf, i am sorry. But i am waiting for Tasia. Do you know if she will be returning here?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:42 am 

1st Year (1)

Yarl had walked out into the cold once more after everyone had leff. He was going to use what little daylight that was left to finish chopping more wood.
-----------------
Ingirun had laughed a little once the others had left. She was done for the evening. So she had laid down to sleep.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:24 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel wanted to mistrust Rebekah, but she seemed too much like a kind and honest person for him to be able to.

"I think she'll probably come back here. Her friend works at the shop, so they'll probably meet up here soon enough. I want to ask her a couple of things myself. You don't mind if I wait here with you, do you?" he asked, taking the knife Simon had fixed from his belt and tossing it in the air. It fell right into the ground with the blade down and stuck there. He looked back up at Rebekah, smiling softly.

"I hope I'm not scaring you. I've just always liked playing around with knives, even as a kid, so I can't help myself."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:10 pm 

"You cannot scare me, I leave with Tasia." Rebekah laughed. If you know anything about her you know how she can be." She watched the knife for a moment and went back to her knalbinding. "I do not mind the company. It'll help pass the time." She said.

Simon laughed "Tasia I already think your crazy."

"No Simon. I think there I something bad. Really bad threatening the power source." She stopped and looked at him. "I need you to watch Onyx. I plan to go and find out what is going on. You mustn't tell anyone either."

Simon stared in disbelief. "Tasia, that place is too dangerous."

They walked down the path toward the smithy. Tasia ignored Simons comment. She saw Rebekah and Fen in the distance. She knew that Rebekah had been sent for her.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:44 pm 

1st Year (1)

Yarl had pretty much finish chopping up the tree by nightfall. Load after load he placed the wood inside. After coming to the realization that he had done all he could do due to the low visibility, he decided to go to the only place he considered a second home the local pub.

-----------
Ingirun had finished what little cleaning she had to do before changing into her nightwear. She noticed Yarl come and go several times, then he didn't come back in. She thought to herself. "Oh that Idiot is going to start trouble at the Tavern again." she dressed herself once more then left the house to head for the Tavern.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:07 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel tossed and caught the knife with his fingers, then began etching into the ground with the handle. He drew lines that shaped themselves into a jaw with a row of teeth, then filled out some details for eyes and fur to make a wolf head. He looked at his drawing for a moment before looking back at Rebekah.

"Making gloves for the cold?" he asked. That was when he noticed Tasia and Simon walking towards them, engaged deeply into conversation. "Look, there she is," he said, nodding towards the spot where they were walking. He waited for them to arrive, ready to ask Tasia about the mysterious map in the caves.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:49 am 

Rebekah laughed, "No, Just passing the time. Though, if you must know, it will be a blanket." Rebekah looked up and saw Tasia and Simon heading toward them. She smiled and put away her things and stood up. She clasped her hands in front of her and waited for Tasia to make her way to them.
Tasia and Simon slowly made there way over to the smithy where Fenharel and Rebekah were waiting for them. When Tasia saw Rebekah she feared something might be wrong but none the less was happy to see her friend. "Rebekah, What are you doing here? She said as she hugged her."
Rebekah hugged her back and then explained, "Your father sent me to bring you this letter," Rebekah pulled the letter from her napsack and handed it to Tasia. "I am also suppose to bring you back once you have read the letter."
Tasia unfolded the paper and began reading. Her heart dropped and her jaw hung slightly agape. once she was done with the letter she folded it back up. She met Rebekah's eyes, "I will come, but first i need to do a few things." She looked at Simon, "It is as i feared. I need you to rush my father's order and i will be getting mine that you finished. Please care for Onyx."
"I will explain in a moment but first, i need to go do something." Tasia said. She gave Simon the letter, "I will explain all of this just give me one moment." Tasia rushed off down the path, She saw Ingirun leaving. "Please hold on a moment!" She called after her. Once she caught up to her, "Where your brother?" Tasia asked her words freezing in the bitter mountain air.

Simon grumbled under his breath "I don't like this at all."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:09 pm 

1st Year (1)

Yarl had entered the tavern. he walked too the the bar counter, then proceeded to order a drink. The barkeeper had said. "So you paying for this or do I put it on the tab for when you come back from raiding?" Yarl looked at the man before saying. "what do you think." the Barkeeper just said "Tab it is."

-------------

Ingirun was stopped by Tasia, once she caught up with Ingirun she asked where Yarl was. To which Ingirun responded " that daft brother of mine is going to the tavern." it was clear in the tone of her voice she was angered. "I have to go get him before he finds himself in Prison again" That was all she had said before storming off.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:45 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel rolled his eyes as Tasia stormed away after reading Rebekah's letter.

"For crying out loud," he muttered under his breath. He was starting to think that he'd never get to find out what was going on at the rate things were going, and he was tired of following along and eavesdropping.

"I'm getting a drink from the tavern," he said finally, jaws slightly clenched in annoyance as he turned to look at Rebekah and Simon. "If Tasia is meeting you here again, I'll be back soon. I want to know what's going on."

He drew his coat tighter on himself and trudged up the village pathway that led to the tavern. He had spotted earlier and considered going but decided to do it later in the evening. By this point, however, he already felt like he needed to blow off steam. He swung the door to the tavern open, its metal hinges creaking loudly.

It was noisy inside, with a heavy buzz of conversation and the occasional bout of laughter emanating from table corners. He walked up to an empty seat at the bar and ordered the strongest ale they had, placing some coins on the counter. His eyes swept the room, accustomed as he was to scoping places out. He noticed the man that had been in the blacksmith's shop earlier at the bar as well, having a drink and exchanging stiff conversation with the barkeep. Fenharel grabbed his mug of ale as soon as the barkeep put it in front of him, nodded in thanks, and walked to the quietest corner he could find, sitting almost in shadow as he took a swig from his brew. It cascaded down his throat, satisfyingly bitter. As he put it down, however, a hand grabbed the mug and moved it to the very edge of the table, dangerously close to falling.

Fenharel looked up at a heavily bearded man, rotund and menacing with his yellowed teeth and unkempt hair. Fenharel roved his eyes around the man's body before locking eyes with him, and that was when the man spoke. "You're in my seat," he drawled, clearly inebriated.

Fenharel shifted in his seat slightly. "You weren't sitting here when I showed up and no one claimed it was taken," he pointed out before placing his hand and starting to move the mug back to the center of the table. The grizzly man placed his own hand on the mug and stopped the motion.

"Don't matter. I've always claimed this seat as mine. So bugger off."

"I'm not moving."

"You sure about that?" The man started rolling up one of his sleeves with his free hand and continued to grip Fenharel's mug with the other.

Fenharel sighed and reached for his belt underneath the table. "Listen, sir," he said. He drew the knife Simon had repaired for him and smashed it into the table, blade piercing it, right in between the man's fingers, only just missing them. "I didn't come here to start any problems. But if you're looking for one..." Fenharel moved the knife on the table so that the wood screeched as it was cut into. "You may have just found it."

The man looked at him for a second before bursting into laughter. "Knives don't scare me, kid. I've had my share of threats from wives and maids with knives before, and all of them regretted it." He proceded to flip the mug over and onto the floor, where it broke loudly into several large glass pieces.

Fenharel quickly flipped the table onto the man with a kick of his foot, vaulted over it as the man was caught off balance, and pinned him down with one arm while the other held the knife to his throat.

"What's the custom here for a spilled drink?" he asked loudly, both to the man and the room at large. "Because where I'm from, I would get bought the drink that was spilled and another on top of that for the trouble I was caused." Fenharel turned back to the man. "You willing to do that?"

Fenharel was attracting more attention than he would have liked, but it had been a frustrating morning, and he wasn't in the mood for games.

PostThis post was deleted by ShadowsVictor on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:53 pm.
Reason: Skipped a poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:24 pm 

Tasia sighed when Ingirun rushed off. "Well i'm not patient, I will go with you." Tasia followed behind closely. Once they reached the tavern, Tasia followed Ingirun in. There were multiple stares following them, Tasia kept her eye forward. following Ingirun. They neared him and there was a sudden commotion, Tasia drew her knife just in case things came their way. After all of the table flipping was over she saw that Fenharel was mixed up in the fight. Tasia shook her head, "Things are much different in Redora." she mumbled.
Simon waited with Rebekah back at the Smithy. Simon quickly went to work making the weapons for Tasia's father. He worked as quickly as possible. Turn raw metal to blades and quickly making handles. He didn't put much detail into the handles as they needed to be made quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:57 pm 

1st Year (1)

Yarl was enjoying his drink when a commotion begin to happen behind them. It all ended with the skinner fellow saying something about custom Where he's from. Yarl spoke up. "I don't know where your from, but this Is Redora. Custom demands that all disputes be ended with a Fist Fight. The victor sets his terms apon winning. Death is repayed by Death so before you think about using that puny blade. Think about all these people trying to kill you." he stood up before Yelling "Clear the Tables and Chairs!" multiple men including Yarl started to move the furniture.
----------------------

Ingirun had walked up to Yarl before saying. "How stupid can you possibly be. You know that your one incident away from being lock away. How will the family get by if you get put in prison.
--------------
Yarl only said "He said if I get into another Fight, well this isn't me is it.'

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:40 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel scowled up as the man he had seen earlier spoke up. He was used to being able to use everything at his disposal, not being cornered into fist fights. He pressed his knife harder onto the man's throat before releasing it, leaving the tiniest sliver of a cut on his neck. Then he stepped off of him and took a step back, dropping his belt onto the ground at the same time as well.

Fenharel rolled his neck and rotated his shoulders a little. "Come on," he finally said to the other man, who needed no further incentive to ram himself forward, arm extended to land a powerful strike. Fenharel ducked under the blow and thrust a quick punch on the underside of the man's elbow, pushing the joint in the opposite way it was meant to bend. The grizzled man grunted slightly, but his drunkenness seemed to make him numb to the pain. Because of that drunkenness, however, his opponent's reflexes were far slower than normal, and Fenharel planned to exploit that.

The man swung his arm forward again, almost lurching into the motion. Fenharel jumped back before grabbing the man's arm and pulling it towards him, intending to knock him off balance. The man came tumbling forward, but he swung his other arm as he fell, hitting Fenharel right in the gut with bone-crunching blow. Fenharel exhaled all the air in his body and then some as his body was thrown back against a wall, where he fell and sat dazed for a few seconds trying to regain his breath. The other man, meanwhile, stood up much quicker and came lurching forwards once more, clearly with the intention of finishing him off. Fenharel looked right at him as he continued to struggle with breathing, face contorted in a grimace. Right before the other man's fist connected with his face Fenharel flattened himself against the ground, and the fist hit the wall, making a noticeable crack on it.

The man quickly withdrew his hand, clearly in some pain, but he turned towards Fenharel with fire in his eyes, seemingly more enraged than anything else. Fenharel smiled wolfishly, taunting the man into charging him again. The man screamed and ran towards him with slightly open arms, intending to sweep him aside and batter him down. Fenharel focused on the man's legs, and, right when they were the most open mid-stride, dived in between them, extended a hand to grab a leg, and brought the bear-like man thudding into the ground. Fenharel wasted no time and jumped on the man, pounding fist after fist into his face until he stopped resisting the onslaught. He then jumped back off, breathing heavily, and surveyed the scene before him. His opponent was on the ground, breathing heavily and dribbling blood from his mouth. Everyone was looking between him and Fenharel.

"Well, probably not the most traditional fight you all have seen, but I find my style still gets the job done," Fenharel said, walking over to his belt to pick it up, clutching his abdomen in slight pain from where the man had punched him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:02 pm 

"Alright boys, Let's go, we have more important matters at hand. There are a few things I need to explain and ask your help for." Tasia raised her brow. She shook her head at Fenharel and the looked to Yarl, "Can you two pardon yourselves and be civilized for a moment?" She asked them, still with her hand at her waist ready to pull her weapon if needed.
Simon looked up at Rebekah, "I'm suppose to wait for Tasia to get back." He said as he worked attentively. He and the other smith were turning out weapons as fast as they could. They started with swords as they were quicker to do. One man made a quick handle while the other forged the blade.
Tasia gave a long hard look to both Yarl and Fenharel, "Let's go, this is a serious matter." She left the tavern making her way back down the path to the smithy. Once everyone had gathered she began to explain.
"My father sent Rebekah to get me. He also sent with her a letter. I had recently eavesdropped in my father's office and discovered that there were some disturbances on Oosdorf concerning the power source, Osiris. I grew curious and came to find that there were cave drawings depicting a strange anomaly that happened long before our kingdoms existed. I had my assumptions, but it wasn't until i received this letter that they were confirmed." She paused with a deep breath. "There is a foreign race threatening Osiris. Without Osiris we will cease to exist. So in order to save Meliord and ourselves we must fight to protect Osiris. This race is skilled. They are not of our world. They are snow white and our air is poison to them so they wear masks. The creatures of Oosdorf are deadly but not evolved. I ask help from you given your history. I understand that this may be a lot to ask." She looked to Yarl, "I understand that your families depend on you." Her eyes fell, "But Meliord Depends on you as well." She looked back at them, "So i ask of you to help us save Meliord." Tasia waited, anxious of their replies.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next