All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Battle for Meliord
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:30 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) October 2016 (1)
Blog: View Blog (12)

Tasia stood out on her balcony and enjoyed the crisp but welcoming breeze. She turned and stepped back into her room. She slumped out of her night gown and dressed her self in her usual attire, fitted black pants and shirt, her favorite belt and her light jacket. She pulled her on her boots and grabbed a few papers of of her desk and went hoping down the stairs. She grabbed a quick bite of the breakfast that had been prepared and went to her father's room.

Cyrus met her in the hall with a portfolio, "Glad you are up, I know how you fancy the disgusting mountain region and you little twiggy friend there. Take this prints to them. I need a new armory." Cyrus cared not much of his daughter as she were not the one who carried on his name. He didn't see her fit to take the thrown. He had always planned for his late son, Emmet, to take over. After Emmet's honorable death in battle and the death of his wife, Cyrus cared for nothing but rum and women. After he handed his daughter the portfolio he left, heading for his calvary's training grounds.

Tasia took the portfolio from her father with a crisp smile. She turned from him and grabbed her long, heavy overcoat from the forier. Tasia walked out to her barn. She took out her horse, Onyx, and saddled him. She tossed her over coat over his withers for safe keeping until she got to the mountain region where it was cooler. She knew this would be atleast a week trip. But that was a week she didn't have to deal with her father or anyone else. Tasia climbed upon her steed and started out through the forest.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Simon awoke with a nearly frozen body. He had no fat to insulate him. Just a small twiggy frame. He shuffled around his little mountain cottage and put on his clothes. He only had 3 outfits. His work clothes, which he wore every day; his semi nice clothes, these were for special occasions; and his battle uniform that was assigned to him in times of an emergency. Every able body was given one. Simon was poor. His family had been poor. He worked in the weaponry crafting shop. Making weapons for kingdoms. He enjoyed it for the most part. The heat from the fires gave relief from the cold air of the mountain. If he had the chance he would sleep in the shop. Lessen his chances of hypothermia. It had been 6 months since he last saw his friend. Tasia was really the only person he called a friend. He mostly steered clear of everyone else as they were much stronger and would probrably just pick on him.

Simon pushed his feeble, poorly constructed glasses up his nose. He stepped out into the cold frigid air and made his way to the shop. This was his everyday routine. Shiver all the way to work. Get comfortable in the warmth of the moulting meatal then shiver home.

Once he got to the shop he began working on projects.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tasia made her way through the forest the portfolio in one saddle bag and her papers in the other. She also had a blanket and a hammock in her saddle bags. She cantered through the forest easily. Stopping at night fall to rest. As she made her way on, she came upon the canyons which took up more time. As she and her horse had to carefully weave through the maze of cliffs and level ground. On the other side of the canyon was the always beautiful and peaceful plains and Lake Serene. She stopped at the lake to refresh her self and her horse. She foud a gord and made it into a water container. She knew she would need to cary water along to make it through the desert. They rested there for a good while and then continued on. The desert was one of the roughest parts of the journey. As they carefully made their way through the desert sharing the water she had brought along. Tasia tried to sheild herself from the sun's harsh rays. The sand went on forever. Several times she dismounted and led Onyx through the desert so as to make sure he didn't over exert himself. She stopped in the small Ximid Dynasty, and picked up a small box that she had requested through a letter.

Finally, she could see the mountains. They finished off the water and hurried off to them. As they entered the foothills, Tasia pulled on her overcoat and they carefully made their way up the steep mountains, and jumping the occasional small chasm she mad her way up to the village just outside of the castle. She rode through the village ignoring the stares of the people. She rode up to the weaponry shop and tied her horse up. She dismounnted, grabbed her pappers and her father's portfolio out of the saddle bags and walked inside.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Simon grinned and greeted his friend with an inviting hug, Tasia of course greeted him back. She handed him the portfolio firt. As Simon took it he noted "This is your father's portfolio. I know this isn't all your brought me." He looked at her through his large feeble spectacles and she laughed, "Of course not, Simon. She handed him her papers, "Of course this will all be on father's ticket. But as usual i brought you my sword design, and a new design i did for you. A new pair of glasses. Stronger ones." She smiled And handed him the box. "Here are the lenses." The two friends talked for a while as he worked.

P.S. I'm a typo queen. Sorry in Advance.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:00 pm 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Jarl had woken up to his father's coughing, the older man was sick and as tradition dictated, the eldest of the male children were to take care of there fathers chores. He greeted his family "good morning brother and sisters." Jarl was the second oldest of Four. His elder sister Ingirun was the women of the household, since there mother had died three winters ago. The younger two Olof and Signy did small things such as throw wood in the fire when it had started to die down, prepare the table for meals, and so on. One he had eaten and dressed he had gone outside and begain too chop wood the most valuable resource in the cold mountain. He had finally chopped down a small tree near the barn. Several moments later a female in black rode down the village road toward the smithy. She came every so often and everyone in the village was sceptical of her. He had slammed the axe into the fallen tree. Apon doing that he walked back to his house and grabbed his battle axe. His sister Ingirun asked him what he was doing, to which he responded "I'm going to have the smithy sharpen the blades of my axe. I'll be back after I've delivered it too him." with that Jarl had walked to the blacksmiths he opened the door walked to the back and handed his axe to the man working the forge at the time. "make it sharp enough to cut the hairs of my beard." of course he was only interested in seeing what the women looked like she visited every so often, and yet Jarl didn't even have the smallest hint of what she looked like.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:01 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

"How have you been Simon? How is your mother and father?" Tasia asked concerned. Last time she visted his mother had been very feeble. And his father stayed in the mines trying to earn an income. Tasia hung her overcoat on the hook on the wall. and walked over to a table and sat on it and crossed her legs. "I snuck into fathers office. He had been acting strangely. So I read his journal. He wrote about there being disturbances with the power source."

"I'm fine. Just working. Mother is still very sick. Father, we haven't seen much of. The mines keep him busy." Simon replied as made a few outlines to go by based off her drawings. He listened as Tasia talked about the information she had found, "Well, you should be sneaking around like that. But anywho, what sort of diturbances? Is that why there have small tremors?"

Tasia's attention turned to Jarl as he burst through the door. Their conversation stopped as Tasia didn't want the information shared. The sudden burst of air wisped through her hair. She watched as went back to the forge and demanded his blade be sharpened. Tasia scoffed slightly. "And to who do we owe the honor?"

"Mind your self, Tasia, the men here are a bit more abrupt." Simon warned her. "You know the towns folk are already skeptical of you." Simon pushed his glasses back up the bridge of his nose with his pointer finger.

"Simon, my father will send a ship for the pick up of his order as usual. His order is much larger, so I won't be waiting for it. However, i trust that you will work on mine now?" Tasia asked. "I will stay out in the barn with Onyx and rest for a few days before i go back."

Simon smiled "Don't I always put your order first and have it ready by the time you leave?" Simon realized that the man that worked on the manipulation of the metal was very busy, so he hurridly went to sharpen Jarl's axe. "I will have this done in a moment, sir." He said as he began to sharpen it. Simon worked diligently.

Tasia pursed her lips and rolled her eyes. Perhaps try please She thought. "Simon, I'm going to go ahead and put Onyx in the barn." She walked passed Jarl making eye contact as she passed him. She walked outside and untied Onyx. She came in leading him to the back into the barn. She put him in a stall and untacked him. She sat her tack on the little stand in the corner.

Simon replied to her, "The shop owner fancies your business and welcomes you to stay in the barn." Simon finished the axe. "Here you are sir." He carefully handed the axe back to Jarl.

Tasia walked back in "He says thank you, Simon." She looked at Jarl's direction making eye contact.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:42 pm 

1st Year (1)

Jarl watched the figure closely, at the most he could tell she was female. Other then that he had no clue. Simon had grabbed Jarls axe and began sharping it. "sharp enough to cut the hairs of my beard" Jarl had chimed before making eye contact with the mystery figure for a few seconds. By that time Simon had returned with Jarls Axe. He walked to the counter before placing the axes palm on the counter top. Before grabbing a hair from his beard and saying. "sharp enough to cut the hair of my beard" he slightly raked his beard hair against the blade, the hair was cut. He picked the axe up and said "your lucky this time weakling. As he was about to leave he had noticed the female figure was staring at him. He walked over too her in a somewhat slow manner. "you know staring at someone is a sign of disrespect here lady"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:35 pm 

Contemplating existence

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

Fenharel woke as the pale morning sun hit his eyelids. It was cold, piercingly so, despite only being in the foothills. The entire terrain was foreign to him; there were plenty of trees, but the crags, peaks and hills rising around him were completely unfamiliar. Quickly building himself a fire, he brewed an herbal tea and munched on an apple and some strips of dried meat. He decided he'd stop for a bit at the next large settlement he encountered to stock up on food and explore both the land and the culture a little more in depth. Thoughts of writing a book on the native herbs of each kingdom swam around in his head.

Fenharel poured his tea from the pot and into a metallic flask his father had given him, spiking it with some of his own homemade juniper spirit, then threw all his belongings and into his saddlebags and ploughed onwards through the cold. There were plenty of hours left in the morning, and he hoped to reach a good settlement by noon at the latest.

The warmth of his tea decoction flitted through his throat and insides, keeping his body's temperature well-regulated until he finally came upon a village at the foot of a castle. He stared at the castle for a few seconds, a bit agape at the stone and steel architecture. Then he shifted his focus onto the village, where people all around were working and going about their day in productive, if a bit gruff, motion.

The cold mountain air was still apart from the occasional breeze, and there wasn't the loud chatter of animals and insects that there was in the forest. It was an almost peaceful place, jarred every so often only by the sound of chopping wood, or a bark of orders from a man to his apprentice.

His eyes finally rested upon what seemed to be a blacksmith's shop, which piqued his interest. He had broken one of his knives after stabbing someone's hand against a rock, and while it had felt good to catch the runaway murderer that had been plaguing the last village he visited, he couldn't help but feel a bit of regret for the ruined knife. Perhaps here he'd find a suitable alternative. He walked towards the door silently, his footsteps padded by the soft ground, but he stopped when he heard voices inside.

Sneaking around to the corner of the smithy, Fenharel peered in through a sooty window and strained his ears to make out the words. It was a young woman talking to the smith, and he couldn't help but feel that he had seen her before. He could only just make them out talking about a disturbance to the power source when another, bigger man walked in, asking for his axe to be sharpened. Fenharel was intrigued, but he didn't want to blow his cover, so he walked back around to the front door and strode in just as the burly man confronted the woman about staring.

He ignored them both at first, watching only out of the corner of his eye in case things escalated. Walking straight towards the blacksmith, he took out his broken knife and tossed it at his table.

"See the balance on that thing? Lightweight, so it can be thrown, but sturdy and durable for combat situations as well. Got anything around here like that? Or maybe you can make something for me?" he asked, keeping his voice casual and friendly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:31 pm 

"Speaking to my friend in such a manner is a sign of disrespect to me" Tasia bowed back up at him. "Perhaps a neanderthal like you wasn't taught manners, However-"

Suddenly Simon covered Tasia's mouth. "Tasia didn't mean anything by it. Right, We are playing nice Tasia." Simon glared at her.

Tasia shoved Simon's hand away "I am most certainly not confused." She glared at Jarl "Perhaps you should learn some manner, especially about how to speak to a lady, and one of high rank at that." Though she was much smaller than he was she didn't back down. She tightened her jaw.

"Tasia, please let it go." Simon urged her to drop this impending argument.

Tasia glared at Simon and then back at Jarl. She rolled her and took a sharp breath "Excuse you." She shoved her way past him and went for her overcoat. She muttered things under her breath. "Perhaps, you don't know how to speak to lady because you have had the pleasure of being with one." Tasia laughed with a condescending tone in her voice.

"Oh no.." Simon lowered his head. "Tasia, why do you have to be like this when you meet new people.." He stepped to the side.

Tasia looked as another person came into the smithy. She narrowed her eyes and tilted her head. he seemed farmiliar but she brushed it off and turned attention back to Jarl. She scoffed at him and sat down on the table nearby crossing her legs.

Simon looked at Jarl "She is a bit headstrong.. you'll have to excuse her.." He went back to his work quickly. He started on Tasia's designs. He carefully crafted the sword's handle, When done, the handle would have the shape of a horses head. The blade would be medium length and would hook on the end. The other sword longer and more traditional. He looked up as the door opened and a new person came in. He flinched as the sword landed in front of him. "I- uh- i can make something. Thought it'll will take a moment. You are welcome to look in the chest and see if anything suits you?" He gestured to a steam trunk sitting in the corner. It was old and dusty.

Tasia laughed "Simon, why are you so nervous."

"I don't like knives being thrown at me, Tasia." Simon rebulted aggravated by her obvious question.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:20 pm 

1st Year (1)

Jarl watched as the two people infront of him exchange words between them self's and towards Yarl. The door had opened, followed by a broken blade being thrown on a nearby table. Yarl wasn't interested in the newly arrived person. His eyes never left the female figure. Yarl had thought to himself momentarily. "Simon must know her, he knows the women's name, Tasia." he gaze was returned in equal by Tasia. He spoke up with an aggravated tone. "You know what I think of you......" he's silence was broke by sharp laughter. "I think you've got FIRE in your blood! You do fine here Tasia was it? If you need bed to rest on you can use the Guest bed." with that Yarl had left returning to finish chopping the fire wood.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:42 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel listened to the exchanges with quiet interest. He couldn't quite get a handle on the local personalities; the blacksmith seemed timid and reserved, whereas the other man seemed gruff and outspoken. The woman, on the other hand, was more of a mystery, but if there was anything that struck him was that beneath her beauty she obviously knew how to take care of herself.

And so when the smith Simon finally said her name, Fenharel couldn't help but raise an eyebrow and cast a sideways glance at her. He had seen Tasia plenty of times before, though when they were both younger and back when he was still living in Upterra. He had always harbored a curiosity about her, whether she was her own person or simply her father's pawn.

Noticing his mouth had been slightly open for the last few seconds, he turned back to Simon and grinned.

"Sorry, didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. Didn't expect someone who makes weapons for a living to be scared by them is all. I'll have a look at that chest and let you know if I find anything."

Stooping down to rummage through the assortment of knives, axes, and swords in the dusty chest, he called out to Tasia without looking at her.

"So, planning on heading back to Upterra soon?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ToroRojo on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:03 pm 

Tasia smirked "I appreciate your offer." She watched as he left. Tasia turned back to Simon, In a hushed tone she said to him "You do not breath a word of what i have said to you."

Simon nodded whispering back "Of course not." He readily went back to work.

Tasia's attention snapped to Fenharel, "Who are you." She demanded, in a stern tone, as she drew her dagger. Her eyes lit up with fire. Her feet planted on the floor.

Simon's eyes darted back and forth between them, "Tasia, this can be resolved without weapons." He grew nervous.

"Simon hush." She spoke to Simon but kept her eyes on this strange man. As Tasia looked closer at him she tilted her head, "Fen? I was much younger when i last saw you, forgive me i didn't recognize you." Tasia took a step torwards him. "I will return to Upterra after my order is complete." She still kept her dagger free. "Why do you ask. Did my father send you." She asked sort of hissing at the thought of her father's aggravating decisions.

Simon looked back and forth again, "You know each other?" By this point he had taken Fenharel's knife over to the molten pit when he was lengthing and re-enforcing the blade to make it whole again incase he didn't find anything in the trunk.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:35 pm 

1st Year (1)

Jarl had made it back to his home, he walked to the door and placed his Axe next to the door frame. Once he had made it back to the tree he hand fell earlier, he pulled the axe from it hull, then began chopping at the wood once more. The strikes were place in the same spot everytime, cutting deeper and deeper into the trunk of the tree. The Rhythm of the thud that followed the Axes landing seemed to come at the same time interval. Jarl was a warrior and it should even when cutting trees. He possesed strength, timing, and coordination.

---------------------

Ingirun had noticed the constant thud of a axe hitting a tree. She had heard it many times before, and of course it was Yarl. Moments before the thud she had broken there only kitchen Knife. She walked to the front door holding the broken knife parts. Opening the door she had spotted Yarl's battle axe, and placed it inside. She yelled out to Yarl. " Yarl come and watch your siblings while I have this knife repaired." Yarl placed the axe into the tree, then began to walk towards the house. At the same time Ingirun had began her walk to the smithy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:04 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel heard Tasia's change in tone and the sliding of a dagger from its sheath. He stiffened a bit, but didn't turn around until he had searched the chest's entire contents. Once he did, he nodded towards Simon first, indicating he did want the knif fixed. Then he smiled at Tasia and fingered the blade slung by his waist.

"Sure has been a while, so no worries. I barely recognized you myself, and I'm actually surprised you remember a little shop owner like me."

His smile faded a bit as Tasia took a step closer and asked for his reason to be there, dagger still out. He eyed it for a second before looking back at Tasia, then slowly smiled again.

"You guessed it. Your father sent me."

He flinched slightly as Tasia seemed like she might make a move towards him, and he quickly spoke up again.

"I'm joking Tasia, only joking. Royal blood? Not my thing. Though I don't mind annoying them a bit sometimes. It just so happens that the world is a very small place and I so happen to be travelling in the same place you are. I hear mountain air is good for your endurance, and I've always wanted to see master blacksmiths at work," he added, nodding towards Simon with a grin. "Anyways, why would your father send me? A bit of trouble in paradise?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:19 pm 

Tasia's jaw tightened "Paradise hardly. But no my father is just old fashioned. I just assumed he would send someone after me since i apparently cannot care for myself." She said placing the dagger back in it's holster. She walked back to the table where she sat back down. "I do not care for my father's decisions. He can be a bit pushy." Tasia watched as Simon worked.

Simon carfully sharpened the blade once it had cooled. "Here you are Sir." He offered the blade back to Fenharel. He started on Tasia's blade.

"Simon, i assume we will be needing food. I think i will go get some." She threw her overcoat on and went outside into the cold crisp mountain air. She breathed in the refreshing smell of the mountains. The cold air whisped around her.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:48 pm 

1st Year (1)

Yarl was still seating by the fire when his younger brother Olof sat next to him. Olof spouted out. "Yarl can you tell me the story about the Battle you were in." Yarl laughed a little before poking the dying fire with a stick then throwing a few more logs onto it. "The battle started in the desert. It was hard fought and both side had suffered many losses. Our king had talked to there prince and they decided that a battle of honor would decide the victor. Two men go onto the field only one leaves. *Fade to Black*

-----------------------

As Ingirun had gone to enter the Smithy a women had walked out. Ingirun had never seen her. She would have stopped to talk to her but Yarl was a inpatient person, so she walked past her, and entered the smithy. She spotted Simon almost immediately as well as another stranger. "hello Simon I need this knife repaired please."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:55 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel watched as Tasia walked away, feeling strangely unbalanced. He turned his attention back to Simon when he heard him speak up again. He inspected the knife, tossing it up in the air then catching it with two fingers by the blade.

"Ah, perfect. I'm impressed with the speed and quality of your work, now I know who to come to while I'm in the area. Have a good day," he said, dropping some gold coins onto the counter.

At that precise moment, another woman walked in and asked Simon to repair a knife for her. Fenharel instinctively tried to cross-examine her...

... unsuccessfully.

Deciding to mind his own business this time, he nodded once more to Simon and walked out of the shop.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:08 pm 

Simon grinned from ear to ear, "Sure thing, Ingirun." he said nervously. He took the knife, he tried to keep steady as he worked. He wanted to make conversation but was very nervous. "So, Uh, How have you been." He scrunched his face realizing how stupid it sounded when he spoke.

Tasia wanted to go to Oosdorf so badly she could not stand it. She wanted to know what the hell was going on. But first she wanted to see the cave drawing. She planned to sneak to the caves and examine the drawings herself. She quickly got up and headed to the mines below the village As she passed the smithy she saw a girl talking to Simon. She smiled, "That a boy, Simon. What ever you do, don't say something stupid." She stuck past so as not to disturb them.

Simon worked tediously on the knife. Its blade was delicate, much more fragile than that of a sword or knife. None the less he could fix it. He carefully sculpted the blade, and once he finished he dunked it into cold water in order to set the metal. He polished and sharpened it as well. "Here you are. All done and good as new." He smiled at her making eye contact. All the while he hoped his glasses wouldn't fog. He handed the knife back to her.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:40 pm 

1st Year (1)

2 years earlier during the Honor Battle.

Yarl had been chosen to combat the prince of Upterra. Ingirun was behind him, as was the entire remaining army of Redora. Before him was the prince in his shinning armor, and the remaining army of Upterra. Yarls only words to his sister were "Shield" Ingirun raised her shield as he had ask. He had taken his axe and shifted it sideways smack in the blunt side of Blade against the Shield. Soon all the men and women of Redora were clashing metal against wood. Both the men had walked forward and meet in the center of the mass of men and women. They circled each other eyes locked. Jarl broke the circling motion by swinging his axe in a overhead arch, steel meet steel as the prince brought forth his shield. The prince had shoved his shield forward knocking Yarl off balance. The prince used this movement to his advantage to slash at Yarl only to be meet with the handle of his Axe. The axe had shaddered sending shrapnel in Yarls Chest and stomach. The prince thought he had already won. He turned to meet he's people. This foolishness cost him his life. Yarl had shoved the broken handle of his Axe into the princes Back. Piercing through his armor, the handle visible to his army as he fell to his knees. Yarl said "always kill your Enemy" before snapping the man's Neck. With a victory yell he raised his arms into the air. Followed by a mass cheer from behind.
-------------------------------

Ingirun watched as Simon worked on her kitchen knife. He didn't say much except for asking her how her day was. Ingirun responsed with a sigh before saying. " you know the usual taking care of the younger siblings and making sure that think headed brother of mine doesn't get himself killed in this weather." once Simon had handed her the knife Ingirun smiled before saying. "Thank you Simon." she walked to the door before turning around and saying. "Simon is that all you have to say. Are you to afraid to talk to the pretty village girl."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:04 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel took a deep breath of the frigid air, watching his breath obscure the morning sun. He decided to stock up on a it of food before heading out to explore the area, so he stopped by a small market and bought an onion, a bushel of carrots, some salt, and four apples. Then he headed towards the outskirts of the town, unslinging the bow from his back.

This was his usual routine upon arriving to a new place. Check out a few of the shops, grab some essentials, then scope out the wildlife and outlying areas all day until it was time to return to town in the evening and buy himself an ale. If he was lucky, he'd catch some dinner. If he was extra lucky, he'd find inspiration for a new drawing. On one solitary occasion, he had even stumbled on some treasure in an underwater grotto.

He padded the ground carefully, as a wolf might, observing and taking in all the surroundings. It wasn't completely barren out here, though the high elevation limited the amount of plant and animal life. There were a few shrubs and flowers around, as well as clusters of trees here and there, but he had yet to see any large animals. After a few minutes, he finally spotted a rabbit, but as soon as he took a step towards it, it ran around a rock and disappeared from view. Fenharel followed it silently, looping around the corner to see a steep downgrade in the hill. It led to what looked like man-inhabited caves.

He spotted the rabbit at the mouth of one of the cave entrances, aimed an arrow at its head, and fired it right between its eyes. Eyes were good targets. He scrambled over to the rabbit and tied it around his belt before peering into the caves, curious. Deciding that there could only be interesting things hidden inside, he made his way into the cave.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:08 am 

Simon stuttered a little bit "N-N0. I-uh- Just.." He sighed heavily. "I don't know what to say." He sat down and rubbed the back of his neck.

Tasia crunched through the snow making her way down to the mines. Slightly slipping and losing her footing, she cut her arm trying to catch herself on the edge of a rock. "darnit." She growled to herself. Thought not pouring, it was still bleeding. I will just go look at the drawings real quick and then i will go back to the smithy and get this taken care of. She decided and held her hand over the cut to maintain pressure. She walked over to the mine opening and started inside. She stepped carefully through the mines she grazed the walls with her eyes looking for the drawing. She walked for a while until she finally found it. She quickly made her way to it and examined it. The drawings showed a strange light barreling through the sky and crashing into the ocean between Meliord and Oosdorf. When the object hit the water the fire that made the light extinguished revealing it was a oval like shape. After that it appeared as though nothing else happened.

Simon watch Ingirun leave, "Great, Simon. That really went well." He mumbled to himself quietly. He sat down at the sharpener and finished sharpening and polishing a few weapons. Simon thought a moment. He stood up quickly and ran out the door, "Ingirun, Wait!" He called after her.

Tasia's arm was starting to produce more blood. It had now soaked her sleeve entirely. She had become so enthralled in the cave drawing she was not paying it attention. Tasia looked at a few other things and then decided she needed to go. She turned and started to make her way back out of the mine. She placed her hand over her arm again trying to keep pressure. As she entered back out she saw where she had left a trail. She looked at her arm and realized that it was a fairly deep cut. She started back up the mountain to the village, all the while leaving a blood trail.

Rebekah was summoned to the parlor of the castle where Cyrus held a folded up paper. "You will take this to Tasia, and bring her back home. There is urgent news she needs to be informed of." Rebekah took the paper and noded to Cyrus. She quickly grabbed a coat and left for the docks. Rebekah boarded a small vessel and set out for Redora. The swaying of the ocean made her uneasy and she was thankful when they arrived. Rebekah walked timidly through the snow making her way towards the village.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:37 pm 

1st Year (1)

Yarl had lifted up his shirt and showed Olof the scars he's gain in time. Before finally saying "you know the only reason I'm probably still alive is because of Ingirun." Olof had gotten so excited that he. Blurted out "I want to be a warrior just like you." Yarl sighed before saying. "It's not like you have a choice Olof, your were born in the warrior class. You'll be Trained to fight then be thrown into a War, you have no reason to be in other then your king has gotten angry with another king. You learn quickly that it's kill or be killed, each man you fight is not fighting to kill you, his fighting to stay alive. Come now Olof it's time to get you and Signy into bed.
--------------------
Ingirun had sighed before walking out of the smithy. The cold air blowing her hair around. After a short walk Simon had yelled for her. She turned around and walked to him. Once she had come close enough to speak in a normal voice level. "Yes Simon?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:37 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Fenharel tried to adjust his eyes to the darkness but could barely make anything out except the cave wall's silhouette. He was about to try building a small torch when he heard someone else entering the cave. He retreated around the corner and pressed himself against the wall, breath held.

He could only hear the figure feeling their way around the cave, when suddenly a painting on the wall lit up and illuminated the space for a moment. He saw what seemed to be a map with a light streaking into Oosdorf. He also noticed it was Tasia who had entered the cave from the painting's light.

More curious than ever, Fenharel silently followed her out. He paused upon seeing the blood trail and considered helping her, but decided she seemed to be handling it fine and that helping her would blow his cover and chance to find out what was going on.