All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drarry College AU
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:24 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

You would think that you got used to people's reactions over time, but you never did. Seeing Harry withdraw from his touch so suddenly, almost as if he had gotten burned, it honestly hurt Draco. He had just tried to be helpful, but apparently it was too much to have a homo even touch the star athlete. It was a mess, but at least now Draco knew better than to try. It wasn't going to be pleasant, but they were just going to try and make this work without seeing each other.
It was for the better anyway.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:06 pm 

While the wounds on Harry's face had begun to heal over the course of the following week, it couldn't be said the same about his relationship with Draco. In retrospect, Draco had put aside his anger for Harry, and Harry had brutally rejected any possibility of mending their already fragile relationship when he said those things.
Their conversation had lingered in the back of Harry's mind since but in spite of everything, he had managed not to let it distract him again - this had eventually amounted to their team winning their first game in the third round of their college league matches; even though it had been a marginal victory, they had still qualified to the semi finals.
This was, of course, an occasion to celebrate. Some of the guys on the team who were in a sorority had arranged an excessive after party for the team (and - Harry realised as he sat on the couch with Ginny and Ron - probably everybody who walked by).

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:31 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

While frat parties usually weren't Draco's speed, then he had agreed to go to this party with Chad anyway. He had had a busy time with exams, and he literally just finished his last one, so he felt that it was time for celebration. Pansy would be very proud of him, or very disgusted, he wasn't sure actually.
The party was exactly what he had expected when he arrived, and he figured that it wouldn't get any better. He sighed deeply, fiddling a bit with his septum, before entering the frat house. He had to at least find Chad, so the lacrosse player knew that he had showed up. Then he could always just have a beer, and then leave again if it became too intolerable.
Luckily for him, Chad wasn't hard to find. He was in the middle of a circle of people, being held upside down by two other lacrosse players and chugging from a beer keg. He was lucky that he was attractive, because that **** was very unappealing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:13 pm 

The couch they were seated on was definitely not designed for this amount of persons, and this would soon be proved when Ron, Harry's high school best friend and a big guy, who had been seated in the bottom of the pile, wanted to stand up to greet his girlfriend. Ginny, who had relied on her brother as an backrest, was almost pushed off the armrest she had been sitting on and Harry hadn't even bothered to make an effort to try and prevent it.
"Babe!" Ron laughed, completely swallowing up his tiny girlfriend in his embrace. "You're so so SO smart, I can't even believe it -"
Harry grinned; Ron was, just like Harry, on a strict no-alcohol diet and had used up his cheat day on this occasion. Hermione, who was majoring in political science, had been one of the vast amount of students who had had a written exam this morning, and her relieved laughter was only barely audible over the music.
When the hug slowly dissolved, Harry finally arsed himself up from the battered sofa to congratulate his friend; this, however, he never got to, freezing when his eyes caught a glimpse of platinum blonde hair in the crowd.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:40 pm 

In many ways, Chad reminded him of the golden retriever puppy he had had as a child. The resemblance was stronger than ever right now, when Chad was put down on his feet again, and spotted Draco. He immediately went over to him, grinning widely, and generally just resembling a puppy wagging its tail. It was cuter than he'd like to admit.
"Hi babe," Chad said with a broad grin, and Draco only rolled his eyes, not approving of the nickname. However, he decided that it probably wasn't worth it to argue with the lacrosse player right now, so he let it go. If Chad tried to call him babe again though, he would have to draw the line.
"Hi, I made it," Draco said with a weak smile, just as Chad wrapped his arms around him in a tight hug. It was a little too much, and luckily he let go fairly quickly.
"Come on, let's get you introduced, and let's get a drink in that hand. I suggest the punch," Chad rambled excitedly, wrapping an arm around Draco's waist, and starting to drag him around the room.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:30 pm 

"What's wrong, Harry?" asked Ginny, who apparently was the only one who had noticed Harry's sudden silence. She attempted to follow Harry's eyes, but the room was too crowded to find the cause.
"Nothing," Harry answered through clenched teeth. In spite of the vast amount of students between him and Draco, Harry could still clearly see how Chad's arm was wrapped around Draco.
"Oh my god," Harry exhaled, turning his back against the crowd, looking at a confused Ginny. She didn't have to put words to her question before Harry answered, with a stiff smile: "I think Chad's dating my roommate."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:20 pm 

It felt a little too much like Chad thought they were dating or something, but Draco decided not to think too much of it. After all, they hadn't agreed to be exclusive or anything, so he figured that it was just so they wouldn't get separated in the crowd.
"Hi guys!" Chad exclaimed, obviously excited about getting to introduce Draco to his mates. "This is Draco. The bloke I told you about," he stated with a broad grin. "He is Potter's roommate too, so he is basically part of the team," Chad stated proudly, and pointed in the general direction of Harry.
Draco didn't even know that Harry was at the party, but now that Chad had pointed it out, he spotted him immediately. He was standing together with two other athletes that Draco only vaguely recognised as the Weasley siblings. He quickly looked away, and softly waved at the crowd. "Hi there," he said in a soft voice, as jocks started to greet him.
After a while of that, he looked up at Chad. "Didn't you promise to put a drink in this hand?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:53 pm 

The flicker of Ginny's eyes followed by a polite smile told Harry that they had looked this way, and Harry continued to do his best to suppress the instinct to look over his shoulder. He was determined not to acknowledge their presence, even thought he couldn't stop thinking about Chad's arm around Draco's waist.
"So?" Ginny finally asked, once again eyeing her ex. "What harm is it to you?"
That wasn't the answer Harry had hoped for, but possibly the one he should have expected. "What do you mean 'so'? I don't want to risk seeing Chad's **** before breakfast-"
"Oh, so you've suddenly become Mr. Bashful?" Ginny challenged with a tone that caught Harry off guard, managing to shut him up mid sentence. Following her words, she questioning raised her eyebrows, demanding an answer she already knew.
"I'm getting a drink," Harry exhaled exhausted. He hadn't planned on drinking tonight, but the night sure had taken a twist.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:35 pm 

Chad's eyes widened up at that, as he quickly tightened his grip around Draco's waist, and started dragging him somewhere. "Oh my God," the tower of a man exclaimed, shaking his head at himself. "I cannot believe that I forgot," he said while shaking his head, and it was all kinds of endearing, bringing a soft smile to Draco's lips.
"Don't stress it," Draco said, as they entered the kitchen which was stuffed with alcohol of all kinds. It seemed ideal to be perfectly honest, and he was simply looking forward to getting something in his hand. "Didn't you mention a punch or something?"
Chad let go of him, nodding eagerly, as he went to find Draco a drink. It was a little endearing that he was that eager to please, and while this thing wasn't very serious to Draco, but he still enjoyed the attention he was receiving. A moment later, Chad came bounding back to him, excitedly showing him the red solo cup filled with a pink liquid. "There you go," he said in an excited voice.
Draco smiled, and tiptoed to kiss his cheek. "Thank you."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:15 am 

The House kitchen had two entrances; this was usually a great gain in a house as crowded as this, but it now meant that Harry found himself in the kitchen at the same time as Draco and Chad without realising it before it was too late. They were standing facing away from him, and Harry momentarily considered just to turn around and walk away the **** away from their sweet nothings; but the sight of Draco reaching up to kiss Chad made Harry's stomach turn in a nausea that could only be fixed by a large volume of alcohol.
Out of spite, Harry turned towards the nearest liquor bottle, and with clenched teeth he poured himself a good two thirds of a solo cup worth of vodka. For a moment it seemed like Harry might make it out without having to further acknowledge their presence, the loud music swallowing up the noises he made moving about, but when he turned to return through the door he had walked in through, Harry almost collided with another teammate who was entering.
"Staying on the water-wagon tonight, Potter?" Lewis asked upon seeing the clear liquid of the glass, but that just made Harry scoff a bitter laugh.
"This is straight up vodka," he answered, taking a defiant gulp of the glass. Only half aware of Lewis' muted alright, game on Harry turned to glance at Chad who had finally noticed his presence.
"Don't mind me, I'm leaving," Harry interrupted the other, his voice bitter and unamused. His eyes momentarily moved from Chad to Draco, and with a clear look of disapproval, Harry turned around and left the room.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:11 pm 

Chad looked very pleased with himself, and even more so upon receiving a kiss on the cheek from Draco. It was tempting just to say **** the drink, and to lean up and kiss Chad properly, but they were interrupted by the sharp voice of Draco's roommate. It made Draco turn to look at him, and the look of... was it disgust? God, he would never learn to understand that man. It seemed completely unnecessary for him to be acting like that, and it was honestly just hurtful to him.
He sighed, and softly grabbed Chad by the arm. "I want to dance," he concluded, wanting to think about something else. He took a rather large sip from the cup, happy that the drink was overly sweet, and barely tasted like alcohol.
Chad grinned and nodded at that, oblivious to the disapproving look of his teammate. "Okay, let's go dance then," he said with a wide grin, as he once again wrapped an arm around Draco's waist. They moved through the crowd, Draco trying to drink without spilling his drink while walking, and somehow succeeding in the feat, before they made it to the "dancefloor". Chad pulled Draco in close, and soon they were moving to the music. It made it easier to forget about Harry's presence at the party.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:32 pm 

Harry felt cornered by Draco's presence; even with the large volume of people in the house with them, Harry's eyes kept getting caught by Draco's strikingly blonde hair, and every time saw him, Harry's stomach turned. When he, for the third time in a matter of minutes, looked away from the dancing couple, he noticed that Ginny was watching him.
"You're acting really weird," she stated with sober clarity and a slight sign of worry in her tone.
"I'm fine," Harry dismissed her words. When he changed his stance, his whole body seemed to buzz, suddenly realising that he had drunk the better part of the vodka in no time at all. "I just need some air," he eventually continued, as he - with another final glance towards the dancing group of people - left first the room and then the house.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:43 am 

Dancing was good. Dancing made it easier to forget about the people he didn't want to notice. Draco had managed to finish his drink, and wrapped his arms around Chad's neck, even if it was difficult with how tall he was. Overall, it was good though. The music was loud, and the room was stuffy and hot, yet Chad was so attentive to him, and it was nice to feel appreciated for once. Sure, it was still bugging him that Harry didn't seem to be able to give him a damn break, but he didn't want to think about that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:06 pm 

Harry was only alone on the front yard for a moment before Ginny joined him. There were several people around them, some just joining the party while others were leaving. Seemingly provoked by the sight of couples leaving arm in arm, Harry downed what was left in the cup. After crinkling it together, he threw it at a makeshift trashcan; this missed by a couple of feet.
"Whats going on?" Ginny asked upon hearing Harry's groan, after patiently having watched his movements.
"I missed," Harry mumbled before setting off to pick up the littered plastic cup, which was just one in a sea of many. Getting another wave of nausea hit him as he bent down, and he groaned once more when he straightened his back.
"No, I mean with Chad and your flatmate. You can't possibly not have known Chad's gay-"
"Of course I knew," Harry interrupted, not really interested in having his conversation. "It's just really... in my face, with Draco and all, that's all."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:07 pm 

No one seemed to notice that both Draco and Chad were guys, and that they were pressed very close to each other on the makeshift dance floor. In fact, no one but Harry had as much as lifted an eyebrow at the display, and it only helped to further Draco's rage. If no one else seemed to have a problem with it, then it had to be his flat mate, and not the culture of the lacrosse team. It made him angry that the school had thought it was a good idea to make them share a flat, and not pair them up with literally anyone else.
Apparently, his tension was showing, because soon Chad leant down, looking worries, and asked if he was okay. Draco didn't have it in himself to burden Chad with his problems, so he only nodded, and manages a weak smile in his direction.
"Still tense because of the exam," he explained, which was only partially true. Chad seemed to buy it though, and that was the most important part. He nodded and grinned down at Draco, because stretching his back up again. "Just checking," he said with a broad grin, as he wrapped his arms tightly around Draco's lithe frame.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:19 pm 

Ginny just hummed as an answer, and when Harry turned to face her it became clear that she had swallowed her words. The deep frown on her features made it obvious that her silence didn't come cheap, and Harry stood for a moment wondering why she didn't just cuss him out as she usually would. He was almost certain it had to do with her feeling pity towards him.
"Just - back off," was Ginny's final, compressed statement. "It's none of your business, and it harms nobody. Leave them be."
Harry knew that Ginny was right, but when he glanced over her shoulder and back through the glass door they had just excited, Harry had a hard time actually applying that knowledge. His stomach still hurt when he thought of Draco and Chad, and when he couldn't see them, Harry couldn't decide what was worse; seeing them dancing or them having left the room.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:55 pm 

Draco felt a little squeezed by Chad's strong arms around him, and it was honestly overwhelming. Chad was holding him so tight that it almost felt like he was scared of letting him go. It was comforting and overwhelming at the same time. Even if it wasn't the most serious of relationships, then Draco really did like Chad, and he enjoyed his company fully.
The alcohol was starting to take its effect on him, but he didn't even care, because he knew that people around him were drunker. It was a great comfort to him, as he decided to pull down Chad, all two meters of him, and kiss him. Chad quickly got on with the program, and leant down over Draco, also lifting the smaller a little, so that he didn't have to break his back on kissing him. However, his enthusiasm was there immediately, and Draco appreciated it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:04 pm 

Harry decided the moment he saw them; it was definitely worse seeing them kiss, than not seeing them do more. Draco's strikingly blonde hair was reflecting the cheap kid-sized disco ball somebody had hung up as half a joke, and for a moment it seemed impossible to look at anything else. Draco and Chad were entangled in a kiss, and Harry stared at it for a moment too long.
"I'm gonna be sick," he said vaguely, looking away from the kiss while doing his best not to sound like it still was Draco what was bothering him.
That seemed to work, seeing as Ginny took it as an opening to a new conversation (much to Harry's relief). "Well, you did just drink like 15 ounces of vodka -"
Harry absent-mindedly hummed at that, having already decided that the best cure for his nausea was to drink even more.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:23 am 

Not even him and Chad making out seemed to garner a response from anyone at the party, which only helped to further confirm that no one minded it. No one but Harry, of course.
Draco didn't even know why it **** him off so much. Maybe it was because the guy was supposed to be his flatmate, and they at least should be able to get along. However, the school board had decided to pair him off with the only homophobic guy on the lacrosse team. It was horrible, and he hated it.
He was quickly pulled out of his line of thought, when Chad bit down softly on his bottom lip. It was better to just focus on Chad, and not think more about Harry. After all, he was lucky to even have Chad in his life, and he should appreciate that for now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:55 pm 

Harry excused himself from Ginny's company, once again avoiding having to put his thoughts into words for others to understand. Glancing over his shoulders on his way around the house and to the front door, he saw that Ginny had no intention on following him, obviously and fairly having wrong tired of his moody temper.
Once back inside, Harry suddenly appreciated the freshness of the air outside. The crowded house felt humid with breath and sweat, and for a moment it felt like Harry was actually going to be sick. Unable to prevent his eyes from moving towards the doorframe that connected to the kitchen, Harry once again caught a glimpse of the dancing guests, before heading off towards the kitchen in sought for more alcohol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next