All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Under the Surface
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:28 pm 

just passing through

Blog: View Blog (1)

Copperhead had not seen what had happened that caused the chaos she pushed her way though the crowd to see what the fuss was when she made her way to the center of the tent she saw a boy beside two adults. Copperhead heard a few people calling the boy she hear one call his name she looked toward the boy while her brother but bane was trying to get her to leave because he knew that this place would be cover by the cops in a while. Copperhead looked at the boy she decided to take him with her "Richard come with me we'll get you out of here" she hoped that he could understand her because she had hear him with the two who were now on the ground she knew that they were dead and she had heard them speak to him in a language that she had not heard before and she only knew Spanish and English. Copperhead was making her way over to Richard when bane yelled at her in Spanish Copperhead turned back to look at her brother she turned her attention back to the boy she ran over to him she stopped beside him Copperhead keeled down beside him "Ven conmigo podemos mantener a salvo". she had not noticed that she had went and spoke Spanish to him. Copperhead did not know if he would understand but she doubted it Copperhead noticed that he was not going to come willingly so she decided to grab the boy and run off but she had not suspected him to fight against her. Copperhead also did not know that she was still wearing her talons because she noticed that Richard had pull away Copperhead then looked down at her talon to see a thin line of blood on one she then looked at the boy in horror because she had just realized that she had scratched him. She looked up to see that he had ran away Copperhead's poison was meant for full grown adults so she knew she needed to find this kid fast before it killed him. Copperhead ran out of the tent past her brother she heard him shout something to her she just looked over her shoulder and shouted something back to him and continued to run after him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Under the Surface
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:00 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Richard couldn't believed what was happening. It couldn't be real, it was all a bad dream. Any minute now he was going to wake up and they would be there to tell him it was okay. He closed his eyes and tried to ignore the sounds of people trying to get his attention, of police sirens in the distance, and the constant feel of tears on his face.
"Mami , tati sus trezesc!" He tried to wake them up but nothing worked. He could feel the crowd pushing in, trying to get a word from him, or talking among themselves. Why weren't they helping? Couldn't they see his parents needed help?

Suddenly he heard someone else calling his name, telling him to come with them. Looking up, his vision blurred from the tears, his eyes met those of a woman he couldn't remember seeing before. He watched her stop and look back at a large man. Instinctively he pulled away when she reached form him, speaking in a language he didn't know. When a clawed hand closed on his wrist Richard struggled against it, twisting his arm away from her. He jerked away and ran, pushing through the crowd to get away from this woman. He felt something running down his arm and glanced down, feeling sick to his stomach when he saw the line of blood. It wasn't deep but it hurt, and the blood had gotten on his uniform, staining it with dark red spots. Stumbling, he ran until his head pounded and his breath came in small pants. At the edge of the circus where the land had been cleared and gave way to the dark streets of Gotham Richard fell to his knees, clutching his arm to himself. The scratch burned, bringing fresh tears to his eyes. With a gasp he fell, curling in on himself as his vision faded to darkness.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:17 pm 

just passing through

Copperhead was running as fast as she could to find the kid that she had scratched she needed to find him. Copperhead had caught a glimpse of the kid as she came on to streets of Gotham until Bane had caught up and picked her up around the waist and started to carry her away "Bane let me go I need to get to that kid". Bane looked down at his sister "Why all the sudden to you care what happens to that kid" Bane said still holding her. Copperhead tried to get out of his grasp "because Bane I scratched him with my talon" Copperhead managed to get out of his grasp Copperhead made her way back to the child she picked him up in her arms and carried her back over to Bane "we need to get him back to our place quickly or he'll die" Copperhead said looking up at Bane. Bane shook his head at her but he let her bring him. Copperhead ran the rest of the way back to her and Bane's house Copperhead laid the kid down on the couch she went to here room and grabbed the anti-venom she injected it and for know she waited and hoped that she was not to late.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:31 pm 

Richard could feel himself being moved but couldn’t be bothered to open his eyes to see who had picked him up. The warmth coming from their skin lulled him back under, back into the arms of the darkness threatening to overtake him.

It felt like eternity when Richard once more came back to consciousness. His eyes fluttered open and he immediately tried to sit up. The sudden movement caused a pain in the back of his head and his vision to swim. Gasping, he clutched his head and curled back in on himself, willing the pain to leave. When it had cleared enough that he could think clearly he uncurled and took in his surroundings. He wasn’t at the circus anymore, but in someone’s house. Sitting up slowly, he finally noticed the other occupant of the room, watching him. He jumped to his feet, eyes flicking around the room in search of an escape. His head once more throbbed, and his knees nearly buckled under him but he couldn’t will himself to sit back down or even try to hide. He was ready to fight or run.
“Cine esti? Unde sunt?” He asked, feeling tears welling in his eyes. Inside he was kicking himself for showing such weakness but his body just couldn’t handle the stress at the moment. Richard felt his legs give out on him as he crumpled to the floor, pulling his knees to his chest and watching the woman before him.
“Te rog, nu mă răni.” He whispered, lowering his head to his knees and sighing in defeat and exhaustion.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:27 am 

just passing through

Copperhead watched the boy for a while until she saw he wake up she heard what he had to say but she did not understand "it's okay calm down joven your alright you are probably wondering were you are well you are in my brothers and mine apartment." Copperhead came a little closer to the boy "take it easy you need to rest su todavía un poco débil." Copperhead looked at the boy "you probably don't know what I'm saying half the time". Copperhead sat on the floor beside but staying a little bit away from him him you probably want to know if I'm going to hurt you the answer to that is no I will not harm you anymore then I probably have already". Copperhead looked out into the kitchen where her brother sat she turned back to the child "let me help you it will prove that I have no intention to harm you". Copperhead watched the boy for awhile longer to see how he would react to her now she looked at the snake that was in his cage in the far corner of the room.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:06 am 

Richard watched the woman approach, pressing himself closer to the couch in an attempt to get away from her. He whimpered when she sat beside him, he knew he couldn't run as she would catch him but he couldn't stay here. He needed to get back home. Picking up what she was saying he realized she was speaking English and made an effort to switch to the language.
"Okay." He agreed to her help, lifting his head a little and casting his eyes around the room once more. He caught the woman's gaze and followed it to where a cage sat, housing a snake. He sharply inhaled, sure he had seen big snakes before but they had always been with their handlers and posed no threat (or so he though). Why did this woman have a snake in her apartment?

He quietly returned his eyes to the floor, catching a glimpse of the city outside the window. Mustering up the courage to speak to her, he turned his head slightly.
"Where is this? Does Haly know I am gone?" He was sure that had the circus owner known he was gone he would have come looking for him. But would he know where to look? Richard thought that if he could figure out where he was he could escape, make his way back home. His thoughts went to his parents and the memory of the previous night. He could feel the tears forming and tracing their paths down his face, his gaze frozen on a spot on the floor.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:16 pm 

just passing through

Copperhead looked back at the boy and heard what he had said "well you are at the far end of Gotham and as for if Haly knows where you are" Copperhead stopped short she didn't want to lie to the boy but she had no choice "yes he dose and he said that it was fine if we looked after you because he just wanted to make sure you were safe". Copperhead looked down at the city out the window "its a gorgeous night it reminds me of the nights in my home of south America the nights are beautiful full of stars". Copperhead looked out over the city at all of the lights of the city she then looked at the boy "it was a terrible thing that has happened to you and it should never have happened but there is nothing we can do to change the past" Copperhead looked back at her snake she walked over to its cage and picked him out she then walked off with it down the hall and into her bedroom. She turned on her music and began the process of milking her snake and then feeding him after the process. After she had milked the snake for the venom she needed. Copperhead then placed him in the container where she fed him after that she brought him back out and sat on the couch with him you want to meet my pet her name is Vera she is very gentle Copperhead watched the boy for a while to see his reaction.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:21 pm 

Richard looked up to the woman. So Haly knew where he was? He would come for him than, when that wound be was yet to be determined but at least he wasn't forgotten. He nodded and moved towards the window as the woman spoke. He had never been to South America before but he had heard stories. As his mind wandered he just barely took note of the woman leaving with her snake before returning with it on the couch. At first Richard made no sign of moving, but as he watched the snake and her handler, he was reminded of the snakes at the circus and how he had sometimes helped to feed them. Slowly, he made his way towards the couch and moved to sit beside the woman. He gently let his fingertips brush part of the snake, drawing back when it turned to look at him.

Suddenly, a series of loud noises could be heard in the next room, causing the boy to flinch and look in the direction the sounds had come from. It sounded like footsteps and angry mutterings. Richard, not realizing it at the time, leaned in closer to the woman, not letting his eyes leave the doorway where he thought he could just make out the shape of a large man.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:39 pm 

just passing through

Copperhead was watching Grayson when she all of the sudden heard some loud noises coming from the kitchen Grayson you stay here I'll be back Copperhead stood up and placed her snake back in its cage before she went into the kitchen. Copperhead walked up to her big brother "Bane what is wrong brother". Copperhead said trying to comfort him Bane turned and yelled some bad words in Spanish at her "that is no way to speak to me brother" Copperhead yelled some choice words to him also in Spanish. Copperhead later came back into the living room not looking at Grayson she angerly looked out the window at the city below with her back to him not saying anything.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:35 pm 

Richard watched the woman leave, pulling his knees up and wrapping his arms around them once more. His gaze rested on the doorway, ready to run if something bad happened. When the yelling started he couldn't understand it but was frightened none the less. A small whimper escaped him as he waited for the woman to come back.

When she did come back she was angry. Richard watched her walk over to the window and look out, seemingly ignoring him. He thought back to when his parents had fought and his mom had done something similar. Stepping off the couch, he slowly made his way towards her, careful to keep a few steps back in case she lashed out at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, head tilted to the side slightly. He took a few more steps towards the woman until he stood beside her. Looking up, he tried to figure out what she was thinking but with no success. He could still here someone stomping around but it wasn't as loud as before, whatever it was had moved off for now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:38 pm 

just passing through

Copperhead flinched when she was touched she turned to face Greyson at the same time she was still mad "Yes I'm fine" Copperhead did not relize that she had yelled at him untill she saw his expression. Copperhead looked down at Greyson "Oh I'm so sorry for yelling at you it is just that" Copperhead looked away "nevermind it is not your fault so you don't need to hear my family problems". Copperhaed looked out over the city "he just makes me so mad but I can't blame him it's not his fault either any way make yourself at home I'll be back soon". Copperhead went over to her snake and took her out "I'll be in my room if you need me kock first though" Copperhead said this looking over at Greyson she then left the room and headed down the hall to her room. She then laid down on her bed and started to pet her snake while listening to her music this is how she usally calmed down after talking to her brother.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:13 pm 

Grayson pulled away when the woman flinched. Had he done something wrong? He moved to go away and leave her alone when she started apologizing. Not fully understand everything Richard watched the woman take her snake and head back down the hall. He remained frozen long after he heard the door click shut. Slowly the boy moved, first to the window which he looked out of for a while, thinking he saw the flash of circus lights but dismissing it for something else. Gradually he lowered until he was sitting below the window, knees drawn close to himself. He rested his head on them, unaware of the footsteps behind him.

"Well, well if it isn't the brat my sister had to bring home." Richard felt himself being picked up by the collar before he could move. Struggling in the grasp Richard could feel the anger pulsing off the man. Bane trudged down the hallway, the squirming child in one hand. Throwing the door of his sister's room open he dropped the kid on the floor just inside the room.
"I thought I would remind you to pick up after yourself." He spoke in Spanish.

Richard was in shock when he was dropped, he felt his arm hit the floor before scooting as far from the man as he could, bumping into the bed. Clutching his arm he looked up at him as he spoke something in a language he didn't understand.

Bane glared at the kid before slamming the door. He grabbed his jacket from the front entrance and left the building.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:34 pm 

just passing through

Copperhead watched Bane come into her room and drop Greyson on the floor she then listen to him say something in Spanish to her Copperhead's snake hissed at Bane it then looked down at the kid. It stretched it's body to get closer to him it then brought it's self down to the floor and wrapped into a coil on the floor looking up at the kid. Copperhead sat up in her bed as Bane left her room she got up and closed her door she then turned towards Greyson "are you okay he did not hurt you in any way did he" Copperhead came closer and sat on the floor with him she petted her snake as she waited for an answer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:43 pm 

Richard jerked back slightly at the sight of the snake coming closer to him. His eyes never left it as the creature coiled beside him. He slowly reached out a hand and stroked down the serpent's head and along it's back.
"N...no." He whispered, shaking his head to answer the woman's question. It wasn't a lie, but not quite the truth either. Sure he hadn't been hit or anything but that didn't mean he hadn't been hurt. Richard's gaze moved from the snake to the woman.
"I want to go home." He said, tears forming in his eyes. He wanted his mom, his dad, Haly even. He wanted what was familiar.

Absently he rubbed his arm, his eyes finding the floor before him. He knew he couldn't see them again, they were gone. It was part of the reason he was hear now. His whole body shook slightly at the memory and the tears he had been trying to hold back slowly made their way down his face, and to the floor.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:56 pm 

just passing through

Copphead listed to what the kid had to say it broke her heart when she heard that she still wanted to go back to the circus and to his parents Copperhead did not want to let the child go but she knew that is was wrong. She knew that if she kept him here that the circus would soon leave and he would be none the wiser and not know that it had left until the very last moment she had to keep an eye on him to make sure that he did not sneak out of the apartment. Copperhead then realized that she did not give him her name yet "oh how could I have forgotten to introduce myself my name is Copperhead and that was my brother Bane he is not the most friendly but you will learn to accept him as he is". Copperhead than picked up her snake from the floor "you will leran to know that you are safe with us and you can stay here if you like be if you don't then I will understand if you want to leave." Copperhead looked at the pictures on the wall of her rooms "I'll just stay here with my brother all alone and hopeful he will not kick me out for this but just know that it was not your fault it was my foolishness that brought you here" Copperhead laughed and petted her snakes head keeping her back towards the kid as to hide any emotion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:49 am 

"Copperhead? Li..like the snake?" Richard asked, lifting his head to look up at her. He watched her pick up her snake and move to stand back to him while still speaking. He could hear the emotion in her voice and he immediately felt bad. Had he caused this? He didn't want Copperhead to be in trouble because of him.
"My name is Richard, but people usually call me Dick." He said after a few minutes of silence. He absently traced a pattern on the floor with his finger, glancing up every now and than to Copperhead.

He wasn't sure what time it was but it didn't stop his body from feeling exhausted. Yawning, Dick rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms over his head. This morning seemed so far away, never would he have guessed that by nightfall he would be an orphan and in a strange house as well. As the quietness of the room settled once more he could hear the faint sound of sirens outside.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:27 pm 

just passing through

Copperhead smiled at the boy's response "well it is very nice to meet you and I hope you will stay but if you still wish to leave I just wanted to tell you that there is many dangers out there but know this I will protect you from every thing that would try and harm you I owe it to you sense I had injured you and than saved your life." Copperhead looked down at her sleeping snake then back to Richard "but know I promise to you that you are safe here with me and the only warning is to stay out of Bane's way other than that you will like it here". Copperhead placed her snake into the cage she had in her room and sat on her bed beside Richard who was still sitting on the floor Copperhead looked around her room "Hey you want to see if we can find a moive to watch maybe that will take your mind off of what had just happened". Copperhead stood up and walked to the door of her room and went to the living room she flipped through the movies they already had to see if there was something for them to watch which was kid appropriate. When she did not find anything she turned on the tv and flipped through the TV channels before handing the remote to Richard "how about you pick it " copperhead gave the kid a smile befroe sitting down on the couch to see what he would pick to watch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:34 am 

Dick's hopes rose at the idea of going back to the circus, but quickly fell when he realized that his family was gone. Haly was really the only one he had left, and Copperhead had said that there were dangers out there. He knew he likely wouldn't stand a chance out there, having been raised his whole life in a circus and never spending too much time in any one location. He listened to Copperhead explaining that he would be safe here and she would ensure that. He watched her put the snake back in its cage and he rested his back against the bed. 

He perked up a bit at the mention of a movie and eagerly followed Copperhead back into the living room. He sat on the couch as she flipped through the movies, before settling on finding something on TV. He hadn't expected her to hand him the remote and tell him to pick something. Holding the remote he slowly flipped through the channels. It was all so new, having grown up without a TV. 
"I don't know what to choose." He said, continuing to flip through. He read the names of the shows the best he could, one title in particular catching his attention. It was Batman.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:05 pm 

just passing through

Copperhead looked at the show that Grayson had picked she did not like it but she did say that he was allowed to pick the show and she did not tell him to change it they watched the show copperhead did not like Batman very well but Grayson seemed to like it so she did not want to tell him any difference. Copperhead watched out the window to see if she could see Bane coming home becasue she knew that he would not like to see that the kid is still here. She shifted to get comfortable on the couch as they were only halfway through the movie. Copperhead looked over at Grayson who seemed to be enjoying the show she turned her attention back to the show she did not like seeing Batman defeating the villains becasue herself was a villain and she had been defaeted by the Bat and it was not a lot of fun even if they were just actors on the show she still didn't like it. Copperhead saw that Grayson looked tired and was almost falling asleep and it was getting late it was probably time to put him to bed in one of the spare rooms in their apartment.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:48 pm 

As the movie played, Dick placed the remote down next to him and curled up on the couch. Pulling his knees up, and resting his chin on them, Dick watched the TV with rapt attention. He had heard stories about the Batman when the circus had come to Gotham, and he had looked up to the hero who protected the city. He had always dreamed of being a hero, chasing the bad guys and saving people. He knew it was a silly idea, that things like that didn't happen, but a boy could always dream, right?

Nearing the end of the movie, Dick had changed positions so his head was resting against the arm of the couch, with his legs tucked close to himself. He didn't want to disturb Copperhead who was seated next to him. She didn't appear to be paying much attention to the movie from the brief moments when Dick had glanced over to her. It was like this that he felt his eyelids growing heavy and had to force himself awake once or twice, wanting to see the end of the movie, but also not wanting to fall asleep here. Soon the credits were rolling and the boy caught himself yawning and drifting close to sleep once more, as much as he wanted to resist he was exhausted.