All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:42 pm 

Allow me to make myself abundantly clear. I aim to misbehave.

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hunter walked up to Saki and handed him a couple thousand bucks that he just seemingly pulled out of nowhere. "Here you go lieutenant. That should cover the control tower windows and maybe an upgrade or two for your aircraft." Hunter said with a smile. "And no, the cash didn't his magically appear in my hand. I pulled it out of one of my best pockets ahead of time and just hid slipped them up my sleeves." Hunter then stated as a bewildered Saki Vashtal looked at him with surprised look on his face.

Hunter then turned toward Rose and just winked at her with a grin before he nodded to Shin as he stood behind Saki with his right eyebrow raised. He turned toward his hanger and looked at Rose with quizzical expression on his face before the four pilots began to hear the road of multiple fighter jets. Hunter looked up and grinned before sprinting back to the hanger that contained his aircraft and opened up the doors.

Saki shook himself out of his trance and looked at Hunter with a knowing going in his eyes. "Going to go test out the other pilot's skills are we?"

"Aye. I need to see where they need their skills honed and improved." Hunter replied as he finished pushing the last door open. "Damn these hanger doors. Well I guess I know what my primary task is going to be once I get back." he then hopped up and into the cockpit of his aircraft before taxying out of the hanger and onto the concrete.

He spun the engine nozzles into VTOL and pushed the throttles forward gently. Hunter's aircraft began to quickly lift off the ground after Hunter turned towards the three pilots and gave them a quick salute. Then Hunter slammed the throttle forward as he rotated the engine nozzles back into horizontal flight and his aircraft shot away at low altitude.

"I let the wind and weather guide my hand through the endless skies. Grace is my style, stealth is my ally, speed is my closest friend, and agility my sword. But when wind and rhythm combine, I am an unstoppable force."

“Yet, I am alone, forever and always. Alone in my freedoms, alone in my desires, alone in my thirst for blood and violence, and alone in my anger, frustration, sadness, and depression. Happiness is a privilege I do not have, thus I wish to earn it, but how can I when all I am is disgraced and ignored by many?”

"I do not understand why I suffer so, why I cannot have my wish for inner peace, prosperity, and freedom granted? It is what I am due for my own suffering is it not? But nonetheless, I am alone."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:52 am 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

Well, considering the fact that Saki's country was rather poor, this was going to help him out quite a bit. They could have bought a ton of material with this. Indeed, he had expected that the other individual's thought of perhaps putting in an upgrade was going to come incredibly true. After all, this was going to buy a lot in their economy.

Saki didn't know what to say, but he just accepted the explanation about that perhaps being a good coat pocket or what not. Perhaps Hunter was some type of stage magician or something. He certainly had the skills and the bravado for it to say the very least.

With a bit of a blush, the Purple Rose looked back toward him after he had winked. He certainly did know what to do when he wanted to impress her. Giving him plenty of time in the process to get his plane going, she seemed to hold off as she had waited on getting in her own.

In a few moments, though, she had been strapped in and she saw the all-too-familiar look of the canopy closing the cockpit around her. It was something she had seen many times, but as her helmet locked in place she still felt her heart race with the adrenaline rush that came every single time that she went through the pre-flight check process.

Still, the real rush came as she was pushed straight into the back of her seat once her apparently rare Su-47 taxed off the runway and climbed into the air, causing numerous muscles throughout her body to contract. It was an exotic feeling, and certainly one that you had to be used to in order to ensure that you didn't blackout.

At this point she started to find the radio frequencies that he was using. He had of course told her that he didn't use all of the regular ones she was used to. That explained why they hadn't been able to communicate before at all.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:06 am 

Hunter's sharp eyesight easily picked out the returning aircraft from below the clear blue skies of the Asranian desert. He disengaged his primary stealth functions that kept his aircraft off radar and pulled up at a ninety degree angle from his previous trajectory and singled out a Mirage F-1, an AV-8B Harrier II, and an F- 14A Tomcat as his primary victims as they were the only planes that weren't F-4 Phantoms or A-4 Skyhawks.

Those two aircraft seemed to make up most of the mercenaries. He could also see that the Harrier pilot seemed to not have very much skill at their disposal. Hmm... I'll have to remedy that later on. Hunter thought as he pulled up behind the trio and instantly locked onto all three of them at the same time just to see what their reactions would be.

Kitri's lock alert system began to blare and she immediately banked to the left as she increased her throttle in order to escape her assailant. "Guys! This pilot is only testing us to see how good we are. If we stay calm and don't react he'll let us go." came Kim Aba's voice of over the radio.

"And what would you know about this pilot hmm?" came Kitri's sharp retort as she tried to shake the lock the pilot had on her.

"Kitri listen to the kid, one wrong move and he blows you out of the sky. I served with this guy several times and I know how he flies." advised Mickey Simmons. Kitri sighed and leveled out before a voice broke the short silence between the three.

"Mickey! How're the rabbit ears doin for ya old friend? It's been a while."

"Always teasing me for that one aren't ya?"

"Aye, and do I sense my little cousin around here?"

"Hunter I'm in the Harrier."

"That you are, now later in the month you and I are going to learn and train on how to properly fly a Harrier."

"I let the wind and weather guide my hand through the endless skies. Grace is my style, stealth is my ally, speed is my closest friend, and agility my sword. But when wind and rhythm combine, I am an unstoppable force."

“Yet, I am alone, forever and always. Alone in my freedoms, alone in my desires, alone in my thirst for blood and violence, and alone in my anger, frustration, sadness, and depression. Happiness is a privilege I do not have, thus I wish to earn it, but how can I when all I am is disgraced and ignored by many?”

"I do not understand why I suffer so, why I cannot have my wish for inner peace, prosperity, and freedom granted? It is what I am due for my own suffering is it not? But nonetheless, I am alone."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:02 pm 

Considering that he had to look over everything, Saki didn't take this opportunity to join them in spite of the fact that he had wanted to. Saki was, of course, a very established pilot himself and he had wanted to go off and fly once again. It had certainly been entirely too long for him.

Nevertheless, Hunter had done more than enough damage to that tower, and he had to oversee the repairs. For that matter, he had to find out some other things they could have used the extra funds on. That was going to buy them a great deal of supplies when it comes time to restock things. To some degree he secretly wished that Hunter would wreck things more often, if he was going to throw money around like that.

The Purple Rose tended to stand out because of her plane, even before Hunter had gone and told her that it was something special. Having that prominent Su-47 in a world of A-4 Skyhawks, F-4 Phantoms and the rest really made one rather unique. Nevertheless, Hunter's plane was the most unique she had ever seen, and she had honestly assumed that he had made it completely custom himself.

Keeping up with the others, though perhaps threatening to overtake everyone besides Hunter, she finally found the best way to communicate with him in a situation like this one.

"Hey Hunter, do you want me just to get a lock on them?"

As a pilot, she had assumed that since this was little more than a practice maneuver flight that didn't call for the use of any actual ordnance. To that end, she didn't want to use anything that she shouldn't have.

Naturally there was no wish to take out friendly fighter pilots of course, and that wasn't what she was asking. Rather, the Purple Rose figured that it might not have been a bad idea to fire off a flare or two for the purposes of simulating an actual release of a weapon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:38 pm 

Hunter gave off a small chuckle in response before he inverted over Kitri's Mirage. "Rose, just lock onto the most skilled pilot you can findbesides these three. I doubt you have multi-lock capabilities. I can tell just by looking at your aircraft. I can lock onto multiple planes and launch a couple dozen missiles at a time. Custom plane, custom tech." he said as he shoved his throttle forward into afterburn and screamed ahead of the formation before flipping his aircraft around. As he performed the maneuver he had spun his engine nozzles aroun so they were backwards. "And I doubt you have a plane that can fly backwards." he stated with a wide smile.

When Kitri saw an unidentified aircraft scream past her plane and flip itself around and start flying backwards, she thought she was crazy! "Is anyone else seeing this?!" she asked with fear evident in her voice.

"I'm definitely not crazy if you can see this Kitri." replied Mickey

"What he said!" chorrused the other pilots.

Last edited by Hunter Dracon on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:47 am 

"Well, I probably don't what you have of course, but I can lock on each of my missile hard points individually if you'd like." Soon enough she grinned to herself from behind her mask. While she didn't have what she still viewed as the abilities that he had seemed to possess straight from the pages of science fiction, Rose had allowed her afterburners to kick in and she did access the targeting computer that she had inside of her cockpit.

Certainly she had figured this was a small competition, and she figured that she had to prove her meddle considering who she was. As a result, she began to search around for another aircraft. Finding someone who wasn't in the pack of three made her give that delicious grin again, in spite of the fact that it was completely invisible to world from behind the mask that she wore, and even she had to admit that the other pilot she was watching was good.

Soon enough she was pushed back into that flight couch once again and she had a positive lock on the other plane.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:15 pm 

'Time to reveal my secret weapon.' thought Hunter as he let loose with a swarm of blank missiles that would explode into paint and shot off a burst of simunition plasma bolts from his guns at the three planes as well as six extra aircraft. "I always carry training equipment with me wherever i go. Plus i targeted six other planes as well." he said before he heard a beeping sound. "Aww ****. We've got company Rose. 12 bandits closing in 15 kilometers to the east."

Hunter then spun his plane around again and screamed off to engage the new arrivals with his lethal arsenal. "All Area 88 pilots land and get your aircraft cleaned off, rearmed, and refueled. I have detected enemy aircraft 15 kilometers to the east. I repeat return to base and get ready. Those aircraft are most likely aces and they'll have sent for reinforcements by the time i'm done with them." Hunter said as he reached the rebel aircraft and let loose with a swarm of missiles and plasma bolts.

The Area 88 pilots who had been targeted by Hunter's non-lethal portion of his arsenal felt the impacts of the simunition paint on their aircraft after trying to maneuver and dodge the missiles and other projectiles that were fired at them. "Damn this guy is good. I wonder how he can carry so many missiles at once." Mickey muttered under his breath.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:07 pm 

Plasma bolts were something that really had surprised her more than anything else. At this point he had grown rather used to seeing him employ various types of weaponry that were usually only seen once more in the pages of science fiction. "Are these real bogies then? They all look it."

With that the Purple Rose dropped her locking computer and figured that this was going to suddenly become much more than a simple training exercise. That being said, she actually silently to herself loved the fact that there were rebel aircraft, and she had felt the need to show Hunter what she could have done.

To prove her worth, she turned hard, chasing after a pair of rebels and taking them out with a mounted canon as opposed to actually using her missiles. Those missiles were only deployed once a third plane came to threaten her.

"Hey Hunter, you're looking good, how did you like those moves?"

While she wasn't the pilot that he was, she had certainly hoped that her own maneuvering was going to show him what she could do since she felt the need to earn his respect.

"I'm seeing some other bogies crop up on my radar; I assume you can take care of this crowd." With that she allowed the horizon line to shift in position in front of her as she went to take care of the new challenges that she had suddenly seen appearing right on the device she was keeping such a careful eye on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:57 pm 

"Sloppy compared to an ace pilot like me, you've still got room for improvement." Hunter replied as he pulled several high-g turns as he sprayed plasma bolts all around him, striking every enemy aircraft in range. "I'll teach you some of my moves once I've installed an anti-grav generator in you're aircraft." an alarm sounded off in his cockpit and Hunter's eyes widened. "****! Not again! Not now!" He shouted as a large explosion went off several meters behind him in a ball of electricity.

The ball of electricity expanded and engulfed his plane before it dissipated and Hunter's aircraft fell out of the sky from high altitude.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:20 am 

Purple Rose really didn't want to hear something like that from him, but once again it looked like Hunter's cockiness was something that she was going to have to put up with. It was certainly part of his personality, and more importantly he had the skills to back up that cocky nature. Regardless, she had other things to attend to. "I'll gladly accept those modifications now that I've really seen what you can do in that craft."

Regardless, their conversation had come to an abrupt ending. It didn't look like he was going to be much in the mood for talking at the moment. Instead, she motioned her own plane to dive down, hoping to help him out. It seemed like if he was going to fall that rapidly, then he needed something to help him pull up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:39 pm 

Hunter engaged his EMP Recovery system and restarted all his electronics systems as his aircraft fell out of the sky in a flatspin. As soon as his engines had restarted and all systems were back online he slammed his throttle forward into afterburn and shot out of the flatspin and into a dive. He pulled up at the last minute and screamed across the sand dunes of Asran with a trail of glass following behind him.

"Phew, that was close. I've only encountered EMP concussion missles once before and got shot down by them. That's when i installed an EMP Recovery system to prevent crashing after being struck by an EMP blast." Hunter said as he tried to calm down. "The damn things are the only weapons I'm afraid of."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:03 am 

Out of all the futuristic technology that Hunter seemed to employ, the Purple Rose was the most grateful for that one. Having now learned the frequencies that he had used to communicate on, she tried to radio him again. Naturally she had watched as he had turned parts of that scorched Earth into a single plain of glass. Swallowing deeply, she saw the reflection of her own face in the back of her helmet face shield as she started to speak. "Hey, is everything alright? You took a pretty big beating on that one."

Admittedly she was also grateful for the fact that it had looked like her jet was undamaged for the time being. This was a good trial by fire for her, however, and she was quickly learning to be an even better pilot from watching his example.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:36 am 

Hunter released a shaky breath and then sat back against the flightseat with a deep sigh of relief before speaking. "I'll be fine, just a little shaken up. If the EMP blast had been even slightly more powerfull my jet's EMP recovery system would have been fried, and my power source would have dried up." He said before pulling up and launching a dozen missiles into some enemy reinforcements and blew them to dust.

Several missiles streaked after Hunter as he expertly dodged each one with ease. "Ain't nobody got no flares fo dat." he said as he flipped his plane around and melted the seven rebel planes on his tail into falling globs of molten steel. "Seriously, I never use countermeasures. Ever."

Last edited by Hunter Dracon on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:20 am 

Without deviating from her flight path, the Purple Rose just kept up where she was currently going. She didn't want to at all come too close to the other plane, though she was of course quite shocked at what she heard coming out of him. "Your skill must be every bit as good as I thought that it was this whole entire time, considering that you don't carry any countermeasures with you." At this point she had no longer wanted to try to compete with him.

Still, she had a job to do, and she turned her flight stick once she saw that she had a lock on the only plane that had just barely managed to escape his assault, but it wouldn't get very far because she was able to fire off a missile and make it into a molten pile of scrap metal.

"I have to admit that I could learn a ton hanging around you."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:39 am 

Hunter chuckled as he detected several dozen high explosive concussion missiles closing in on Rose. He flew behind the missiles and let loose with the twin railguns his plane carried in addition to his missiles and plasma cannons. The railgun slugs exploded in the center of the missile cluster and completely obliterated them. A large shockwave blew through the air as the result of the explosion and Hunter flew right through the fiery cloud of smoke and debris as more missiles appeared and locked onto his aircraft.

Hunter screamed past Rose with apporimately fifty missiles following close behind. "If I used countermeasures i'd run out of them before too long." he said as he flipped his plane around and flew each missile out of the sky with more railgun slugs. " And i nearly forgot about my twin railguns that are equiped with my special weapons systems."

"Hmm... let's see... How much cash did i make today? 31 times 20,000 equals... 610,000 dollars. Yeesh, I'm gonna give Saki a run for his money aren't I?"

Last edited by Hunter Dracon on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:08 am 

"You'd run out of them especially fast considering the amount of time you spend flying around and protecting me. Thanks for that, I owe you one now." The Purple Rose smiled from behind her jet fighter pilot's mask, glaring into the reflective material as she continued to soar in a pattern that took her away from these explosions.

"Probably more than enough to knock down that airport all over again. Where did you want to head off to now?"

More or less she was asking for coordinates. While her radar screen had looked clear, she had no idea if his would have. She just as soon figured that he had some sort of futuristic tracking technology that she didn't know about. If that were indeed the case, then he might very well have tracked some bogies that she couldn't have traced.

Nevertheless, the fact that she was thinking in this manner proved that she was getting used to all of his new gadgets and such. Having been a pilot trained elsewhere, though, she could have been forgiven for being a little bit skeptical when he had originally told her that he had employed things she had figured were impossible.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:19 am 

"The thing is... who else is gonna save your pretty ass if i'm not going to?" Hunter taunted jokingly as he looked down at his long range radar scanner system and grinned. "Ooh goody! More targets to blow to bits!" He exclaimed with humorous glee before noticing another group of radar blips that had extremely familiar IFF codes.

Hunter then opened up another channel to a separate frequency while keeping Rose's and his channel open. "Nighthawk squadron this is Phantom, you might know me as Viper or Razor as well. You've got a large group or hostiles on your sixes several kilometers away. Engage and destroy!" He said before pushing his throttle forward into full afterburn and shot away at high speed. "Catch me if you can Rose!"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:57 am 

By this point it really did seem like she liked the fact that Hunter had that joking taunting aspect to his personality in spite of the fact that she didn't particularly care for it at first. Allowing her breathing to return to normal as the oxygen feed was restored to her helmet, she made a few more adjustments to her panel. "I'm gonna follow your lead then, since you're the one with all of the fun toys."

She figured that would be clear enough, especially considering that she had essentially been given a challenge to chase after him. Making good on that challenge, she hit her own throttle forward and enjoyed the sudden adrenaline rush that came with being pushed back into the seat behind her. The Purple Rose knew only all too well that there was going to be action wherever they were headed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:01 am 

Six CFA-44s flew in formation around large group of assorted fighter jets. The pilot in the lead aircraft jerked slightly at the sound of his squadron's commander, "Uh... Yessir. Nighthawk 2 to all allied aircraft! We've got a large group of bandits tailing us! Intercept and engage!" every aircraft in the formation then spun they're aircraft around and hit their afterburners.

Hunter whooped with excitement as he launched a large volley of missiles at the enemy formation and easily obliterated an eighth of it (18 bandits). "Crikey! I'm gonna run Saki's government dry!" Hunter shouted as he melted another four bandits with his cannons. "Let's see... 31 plus 22 equals 53. 53 plus 7 equals 60. 60 multiplied by 20,000 equals 1,200,000 bucks!" Hunter calculated in his head as he sjot down another seven enemy planes. "Let's see what you're skills are like compared to my squadron and my very own airgroup!" he challenged as his squadron and their comrades arrived and blew the rest of the bandits away in under 30 seconds. "I'd like to see you do that on you're own. Then you'll have impressed me. Say... what do you think about having some of my homemade angelhair pasta with bacon when we get back? It's coming up on dinnertime."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:46 am 

While she couldn't hear what he was saying about running Saki's government dry, the Purple Rose actually had a very different idea about Hunter. She didn't think that he was going to run the government coffers dry, but rather he was going to win this war single-handedly and all the fighting would be over. He'd be a hero, but men like him and for that matter people like herself just had to go with wherever the next conflict decided to show up.

Anyway, though, she was soon looking about as she took out the stragglers. Even though her skills paled in comparison to those of Hunter's, which were unlike anyone else that she had ever seen before, the Purple Rose had continued to take out enemy aircraft competently, and she figured or at least hoped that she might have earned his respect. If nothing else, then she had been doing her best to continue learning from him.

Speaking once she had heard what he had proposed, the Purple Rose laughed to herself, having only just finished off her last enemy bogie before she had seen it fit to reply to what it was that he had said. "I didn't think you'd often find bacon in this country, but I'd be happy to give that a try. Are we calling it a date?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next