All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Trinity
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:46 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Amaltheia

"I'll let the builders know," Amaltheia agreed, taking a sip of her tea. "We'll need to hire more people to put a wall up at the jungle. That terrain is going to be difficult for them to tame before they build. I'll make certain that the necessary people and tools are requisitioned. I'll take a look at the map and work with them to figure out the watch tower locations as well." It would be good for everyone to see that they were taking steps to protect their security. The merchants would also appreciate more secure access in and out of their area.

She nodded at his question about the pirate situation. "Yes, it's been dealt with. We have people still keeping an eye on the situation as well." She frowned at his mention of those from the desert. "The Zunists, yes, I can scry on them. I'm uncertain if their language differs, so I may not get as much from it as I would like. Is there anything in particular you'd like me to watch for with them?" It seemed that every day there were more things to have to worry about. Between the animosity between Trystan's brothers and unknown people coming into the city, as well as the pirates, she felt pulled in ten different directions trying to keep track of (and scry on) all of them. It was exhausting to scry so often, but worth the knowledge they gained from it.

@Lewi

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:43 am 

World building for RPs that always seem to die

Medals: 1
Most Creative (1)

Micheal

An exasperated sigh left Micheal as his body seemed to relax, 'I need to calm down I am letting my impulses get to me. The damned beast probably knows about as much about the trouble it could cause with such threats as an over grown puppy.' With thoughts swirling through his mind Micheal moved out of the prepared stance he had found himself in moving his left hand back to once again rest lazily on the hilt of his sword rather than pushing the sheath forward as he had. Latching onto the conflict between the two merchants as a way to move away from the situation with the dragon he spoke almost offhandedly, "Honestly I don't see the problem. If you want to be guaranteed a spot so close to the castle maybe you should arrive earlier or I don't know buy yourself a booth rather than harassing other merchants over such childish matters like loosing a favored spot due to your own tardiness." The subtle glare he sent toward the women punctuated his point rather well he thought.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:40 am 

Depressingly Melancholy

King Ramsey / Rudiach Ivontoch / Orlok

Ramsey’s visit in Glennsvale was cut short with the impending threat of a northern aggressor. His retinue followed closely after him with the banner men on the flanks as per usual. “I do not doubt your spy network’s capabilities, Rudiach, but merely reporting casual activity in camps and shipments isn’t enough to get excited. I mean he hasn't even moved his troops yet, let alone if he has does indeed have a plan just to saber rattle” The hooded figure squabbled with the ranger master as the two went about exchanging their dispositions on a possible pre-emptive war with Mekova. Ramsey was deep in thought while galloping down the long road back to the castle with the rare feeling of apprehension.

The hooded figure and Rudiach finally caught up with him while the banner men steady pace with their king. “My younger brother is easy to goad, so withholding shipments will definitely get the troops to point south if they hadn't moved already. I'm not really itching for a fight, Orlok.” Ramsey explained. "But I'm not about to wait around to simple roll over either."

The King let out a sigh. “He maybe young, naïve and quick to anger but he has charisma and happen to have one of father’s best generals when the kingdom split. The spoiled brat always got the better part of the deal.” Ramsey growled. “And Tristan thinks he’s entitled to every godsdamned thing that father left behind-” Suddenly he caught himself ranting then he took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry old friend; I didn’t mean to pout like a child.” Orlok just smiled under his hood. “Should there be the slightest indication they are gearing up for invasion I have a colleague and a plan. We shall discuss this at length at the castle. Perhaps we can deter Mekovian temperament with Alderion wit without raising a sword.”

“Gee, this ought to be good.” Rudy mocked while he lit up his pipe.

I can hear what you're thinking, all your doubts and fears. And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find the reason I'm here. And in time all things shall pass away in time, you may come back someday. You know your days are numbered. Count them one by one. Like notches in the handle of an outlaw's gun. You can outrun the devil if you try, but you'll never outrun the hands of time. In time, there'll surely come a day in time, all things shall pass away. In time, you may come back, some say. To live once more or die once more, but in time, your time will be no more.

Last edited by Ghost on Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:31 pm 

The Blood Trials have officially begun.

Blog: View Blog (1)

King Trystan

Trystan knew that magic use was taxing, especially if one was constantly using it, or wasn't accustomed to using it frequently. He trained with his daily to ensure that he wouldn't get rusty as well as used it in other tasks he had to perform to ensure that he would remain at his peak. That's why he hated to ask Amaltheia to scry so often. He knew that it was rough on her, but he never pushed her past her limit. If she grew weary, then he'd just have to get his information the old fashioned way.

"I would like if you could scry on the Zunists perhaps. As for specifics to watch for? Well, I haven't the foggiest what to look out for with them, but you know suspicious behavior when you see it. Anything unusual that may transition into something dangerous will do." He informed her as he sipped his tea.

Seraphina Octavia

The woman who had came over raving at Seraphina about her spot seemed to turn red in the face at Micheal siding with the younger woman. She didn't see any benefit coming from maintaining an argument with a nobleman, and she most certainly didn't want to try seeing that he probably just came from the castle. So she counted her losses and left the strange group standing in the street.

Seraphina looked to Micheal before speaking. "Thank you. I do appreciate your help," she turned to look at the dragon as well, "And you too. If you're looking for pudding, you might be able to find some down at the end of the market street. That's where I saw most of the food vendors. I would help, but all I have in wares at the moment is clothing, potions, and my book of enchantments." She explained.

Seraphina was one of the few in the area of Mekova who could use magic, but more importantly, she was unlike the Zunists in the sense that she had magic abilities that stemmed from Alderion. They were abilities that were strange and exotic to this land, and could prove to be detrimental or a great asset if utilized.

@Rethwyn @Blackmarket Salesman @turtleteapot

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:24 pm 

Most Creative (1)

Micheal

Micheal's glare quickly turned from a subtle glare to a superior smirk at the small victory. He quickly turned to the merchant girl at her mention of enchantments and his expression changed one again to one of questioning. "Are you capable in the art or merely selling the book?" his usual tone of sarcasm replaced with genuine curiosity at the oddity before him. Since the young king took control anything past minor parlor tricks and the magics of the Zunists had become nonexistent so finding someone capable of placing enchantments was quite rare in the kingdom these days. "If you are capable I know a few of the richer knights who have been looking for someone with the ability so they may improve their armor and weapons, myself included," as Micheal spoke he turned fully to the girl anticipating her response.

Rashid

"Are you sure you must leave so soon? You just arrived in town last night you should stay longer, we would be happy to let you stay with us another night," The young women from the night previous stood smiling alongside a slightly older man as they saw off the robed priest. "There is still work to be done and two misguided souls unknowing of my work await my meeting. One day, when my work is finished, we may meet again and hopefully with more members of your family to greet me," Rashid gave a knowing smile as turned to leave the young couple as they pondered their time with the strange priest. The young woman looked over the small leather bound book with the words "Teachings of Amun" scrawled across the front cover.

As he walked down the road toward the capital of Alderion to meet the first of the two men Amun had sent him to save, Rashid began to ponder on the actions of the White Sands in their new home to the north. The man may have been chosen, but his choice to continue as a mercenary still bothered many within the church, Rashid especially. 'I pray he does not prove to be the poor influence the elder amoungst us believe him to be,' these were the thoughts on his mind as he began the next leg of his long journey west to save the Cathar kings of the south from their own misguided beliefs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:07 pm 

Amaltheia

"Well, why don't I get to it while you finish your tea, then. I'll look in now, then do a more lengthy look into his past after I've arranged the building supplies and watchtowers." Amaltheia gave him a smile, then pulled out a silk-lined velvet bag she kept attached to her chatelaine. Opening it, she drew out a small mirror and held it in her hands propped on the table. She took a deep breath then sank into concentration, reflected light flickering in her eyes for a moment before the image settled.

After several minutes, she blinked rapidly and sat up, tucking the mirror away once more. "I found their leader, his name seems to be Rashid. Currently he seems to be traveling. I did see what appears to be him teaching people. He appears to have a decent temperament when teaching, at least. I can tell you that he's tall and wears robes, and wears a ring with a topaz on his right hand. He's in Alderion right now. Perhaps looking into his past later will tell me more about him." She poured herself another cup of tea and took a long drink before setting it back down with a soft clink. "He should be an interesting fellow to watch, though."

@Lewi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:35 am 

Medals: 2
Original Character (1) December 2015 (1)

Termagant

Observing the nobleman’s initial response withdrew a hearty, rumbling chuckle deep from the dragon’s throat. Hah, human behaviour still managed to surprise her, it seemed! Squinting down at the man, she nodded a tiny, apologetic bow at him before retorting; “You don’t sound very noble, sir, haha. But hey, I like that about ye! Keep that sort’ve tenacity with you and Mekova’s got nothing to fear, eh?” Termagant, although not gifted with sorcery in her bones, wasn’t entirely hopeless at combat either; Micheal’s gesture at his weapon before retreating did naught to faze her. Besides, the creature reckoned humans were so weird looking, with their fleshy spiders for hands, lanky noodles for limbs, strange malleable skin and whatnot... She couldn’t say it compared with arguing nose-to-nose with a fellow dragon, that’s for sure. Seeing that the situation was quickly being resolved, Termagant simply stood back, sat down and watched as the three discussed the matter and eventually brought a flushed face to the argumentative woman.

The dragon met the seamstress’ words with kind eyes, “Glad you lot sorted it out,” and as the lady mentioned the holy, sacred p-word, the dragon’s eyes danced with excitement. “R-... Really?! Horaah! Hope is not lost! Many thanks, you kind soul!”

And with that, Termagant slid down into the bustling market, leaving the noble and seamstress to themselves before her hungry mind had the patience to excuse herself.

It were as though she could almost feel the glowing hub of the market. Music, the smells of food, the sparkling reflections of fabric hitting sunlight, the soft rabble of children running along the concrete... If she bore a human body, oh, the things she would do here! Turning her head, she deliberately walked a little too slowly to observe a common hairdresser fix a woman’s long head of hair with an elegant braid filled with various flora. How pretty, she mused. Being a scaly monster was grand, but who wouldn’t want a majestic mane? Perhaps she’d consult Lili for a human’s opinion of whether or not a pretty wig would suit Termagant’s... Aesthetic. Hm, maybe not, on second thought.

Focusing back to the important, life-threatening matter at hand, Termagant’s gaze finally fell upon the prophesied food stand. To make as best of an impression as possible, she straightened her back and neck, tightly held her wings to her shoulder blades, and used her hind feet to prop herself upward as two claw-donned ‘hands’ fell open to the trader. The golden, sweet delicacy that, in response, dropped onto her palms felt to Termagant as heavy and valuable as liquid gold. Victorious, she puffed her chest, surged outside of the market, and promptly reported her findings back to the castle. Now this was a message worth hearing, she sheepishly smirked.

“I brought pre-breakfast, Lills!” Termagant spluttered in an excited, clumsy fashion, stumbling through the high castle window and into the room in which her fellow messenger had been patiently waiting. “Sorry it took so long; you know I need my sweet fix.” Opening the large mug of pudding, she did her best to use her claws to slowly and surely carefully balance the container onto a table in the room. “Would you like some? They gave me two spoons.” She offered while focusing on the metal cutlery, trying to figure out how in the King’s name she was supposed to fixate them to her long, ungraceful claws. “Oh, and in other news... So you figured out what you wanted to wear?”

Last edited by turtleteapot on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:58 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

Lili

The young woman looked to her dragon friend, dressed in her riding leathers. "Well I have, we have messages to deliver, three different letters were dropped off while you were out. So I think you while have to eat those quickly, Alexander wants us to drop off the letters and come back as quick as we can..." She sighed softly and walked to friend.

"I'm good on the sweets, but I think the world is about to be turned upside down... Anyways, I'll let you finish that. I have also been given some more necromancy books to learn from, maybe I'll be able to rise a friend of your own race for you." She smiled, as she went to her bed where three books laid on the ground. She picked up one of the books and sat down, waiting for Termagant to finish her food, but then another thing popped into her mind.

"Termagant, you have known the three kings since they were born.. If a war was to break out between the three of them, which side would you side with? I mean if a war broke out between Alexander and his brothers and I wasn't in this castle I would probably be held as a prisoner, but if I know Alexander he would probably try and save even at the cost of his kingdom. Though in sure you would break me out before that happened. Maybe bring the dragon horde down apond those who imprsioned me." She laughed softly.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:35 am 

King Trystan

Trystan listened to her patiently and you could see the calculations running behind his eyes. He was trying to analyze the man based on the information he was receiving. He wasn't sure how he felt at all about these cultists thus far. He didn't much care for new things such as that because it tended to cause problem after problem trying to integrate religions and other things into the society that was very much set the way it liked to be.

He left his tea at the table and picked up his violin again and began to play it. He spoke whilst he did so. "I see....I will have to think further on the matter. Did he appear to be headed this way?"

Seraphina Octavia

Seraphina was taken aback by his question about whether or not she could perform magic. She looked to her enchanting book then back to him before he cut her off again and informed her that they would have work for her if interested. They wanted to hire her? At the castle no less? How could she possibly say no!?

"I-I uh...yes I know how to do enchantments." She stammered in shock. "Would the king be angry? I mean...I can do others too, I just need spellbooks." The possibility of getting some castle wages was nice too. And even perhaps a permanent job? Maybe if she worked extra hard at it, the king would see her merit.

@Rethwyn @Blackmarket Salesman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:39 pm 

Amaltheia

Amaltheia couldn't help but smile a little when the king picked up his violin and began to play. She always had enjoyed such music. She set down her teacup at his question, and nodded. "Yes, eventually he will, I believe. He's currently only on the edges of the land. He's making his way inland, however. I don't believe he'll do so quickly, though. He seems to be taking the time to spread his word and teach along the way." She leaned back in her chair and looked out the window. A slight frown made its way onto her features as she considered. It seemed as if there were all sorts of new factors to consider. Ones that they had very little information on. There was only so much she could tell from scrying. She certainly couldn't constantly do so, as she would need to if they were to have the intelligence on the various groups they needed. "We need more people in the midst of what's happening to pass the information onto us," she said eventually, her gaze returning to him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:37 pm 

Most Creative (1)

Gabriel and Micheal

An older man in Iron Wolf armor nodded to Gabriel's orders before heading away to begin implementing them. Gabriel watched the soldier move away for a moment before decided to hit the town with the time he had for now. As he made his way through the main gate he missed the commotion that seemed to be dieing down nearby.

Meanwhile Micheal gained an amused smile at the young woman's worry before he spoke, "If the Zunists are anything to go by he seems to hold more of a 'keep it out of my view and I will ignore it' attitude but I could be wrong. Anyway if your helping his trusted knights I am sur..." the words died on Micheal's tongue as he saw Gabriel walking out of the gate and toward the town. At the sight he grit his teeth and tightened his grip on his sword the word bastard escaping under his breath.

Clueless to the anger being directed toward him Gabriel walked toward the city in search of wine and entertainment with a smile on his face. A nearby patrol, noticing their leader walking toward the town, moved in step behind him silently watching over him as the party moved toward the city.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:47 pm 

King Trystan

Trystan continued to play while he listened to his most trusted advisor. At hearing the statement that he needed to send out men to be involved in his brother's business, he tensed and hit a sour note then stopped. He stared out the window for a long moment in thought. He didn't want to get in the midst of his two little brother's quarrels, but if he wanted information on what was going on, he'd have to be. And he had to expand his information past his own borders to know about potential threats such as the zunists that were heading his way. There was no avoiding it.

He looked down at the floor with a defeated sigh before speaking.

"Get four of my best men together and tell them to meet with me in the war room. I have a task for them."

He was going to send one to spy on his youngest brother, one to spy on his oldest, one to figure out more about the zunists, and one to see what he could figure out about the strange traders coming from the islands.

Seraphina Octavia

Seraphina smiled as she walked with the man towards the castle. The prospect of a new job, FOR THE KING NO LESS, was exciting to her. She'd always wondered what it would be like to work at the castle. She just never expected it to happen like this. Or so sudden for that matter. But she was happy for the chance to do something she did best.

When the knight she was following cut himself off mid sentence, she frowned and looked after the guy walking away. "Who is that? Is there a problem?" She frowned.

@Rethwyn @Blackmarket Salesman @Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:15 pm 

Amaltheia

Amaltheia knew how much the king disliked interfering with his brothers. They needed the information, though, if only so they knew how to keep their borders. “Remember, this is only so we’re able to keep abreast of what’s happening,” she said gently. “Those men aren’t being sent to get involved or cause any trouble.” She hoped the reminder would ease the conflicting emotions she knew he would be feeling at having to do so. Making certain her things were tucked away, she stood and smoothed her dress. “I’ll send for the men immediately.” The sooner this was done, the sooner they would have the information they needed. Still, she was worried about her friend, and could see how this weighed on him.

“Trystan…” She moved around the table to his side and laid her hand on his arm for a moment. “We will figure this out.” Her voice was quiet as she looked up to see his expression. “Perhaps all we’ll need to do is prepare for more trade and patrol the border a bit more. This could all come to nothing, after all. Your brothers could decide to put their people ahead of their own wishes, and grow into excellent kings in their own right. Try not to be discouraged yet.” She let her hand fall and gave him a little smile. “Perhaps we’ll all be eaten by a dragon tomorrow. The future’s never set, Trystan.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:29 am 

Medals: 2
Original Character (1) December 2015 (1)

Termagant

“Three already? Intriguing,” the dragon rumbled between mouthfuls of pudding, too excited to bother with trying to use a spoon. Instead, she dove her muzzle into the container, as Lili’s command to move promptly for work caught up to Termagant. Around Lili’s presence, she always felt comfortable being herself, as the two had become rather close comrades ever since that fateful day of the past King’s demise. Close enough to even let Lili see Termagant roar - a beastly act the dragon only dared to express when she absolutely could not control herself. It wasn’t very polite to shed mass amounts of saliva and sharp teeth when you were in the company of royalty, after all.

“Alexander used to have a bit of a sweet tooth when he was a young lad, just like me,” she mused as she finished off the rest of the dessert, turning to meet Lili’s gaze, “though you’ve known him ever since ten moons of his birth!” A leathery smile creased across her face - she had only been an observer when she caught sight of a younger Lili and Alexander playing together around the castle, but from what she could tell, they shared a rather strong friendship. This pleased Termagant greatly, like any other foster-dragon-guardian would.

She beamed at Lili’s mention of necromancy, her eyes curving into half-moon shaped smiles. Magic always felt like a wonder to Termagant; still lingering inside her gut was a little bit of jealously of her biological siblings for being able to breathe flames from their toothy jaws. They had told her she’d grow into the sorcery as it ran through every dragon’s bones, but alas, the darned creature was already 50 years too old for such a miracle - in this way, it could be said that ‘Lills’ became the magic to her wings. Just thinking that made Termagant feel one hundred times more poetic and human-like. Horaah.

The air seemed to turn still at Lili’s final statement. Tossing the pudding jar away, Termagant stretched out her four limbs in an upward stance as her opposing friend talked, her wings tightly angled to her sides as the dragon sunk to the floor and sat down facing the messenger lady. “I… I wouldn’t take a side. I can’t. I ne’er have to begin with, for I was King Gabby’s dragon, not the boys’.” Moving over onto the bed, Termagant’s body sprawled behind Lili, her head peeking under the human’s arm to rest on her lap. “If it does escalate… It will not be my fight. I will, however, do everything in my power to protect all three of them, as that is what their father wanted.” She crooned, a growl of a hum confirming her statement. It truly was a sad thought that it had come to this; how could three siblings turn out so different due to something as petty as land and power? Then again, dragons were greedy in nature, so she didn’t really have much say in that regard.

Termagant burst into a sudden surge of energy, moving her head upwards to Lili’s face. “‘Ey, you doubt my abilities, Lills?! No human will dare compare to the moving scales-of-steel that is yours truly! I’ll bite their heads off and the bars of whatever prison dare attempts to hold you captive! They’ll be dancing with the wrong dragon, that’s for sure.” The dragon revealed a deep chuckle from the back of its throat as she carefully nuzzled Lili’s cheek, Termagant’s strong build thus confirming that hopping on her back ensured first-class safety better than any other noble steed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:58 pm 

Most Creative (1)

Micheal and Gabriel

The young merchants words shook Micheal from his thoughts, 'Ignore him and move on. Just ignore him and move one.' With a heavy sigh Micheal squared himself, straightening his clothes and taking a moment. "It's nothing... just some personal matters that can wait." As he spoke he replaced the warm smile from a moment ago and continued, "Where was I again. Right! magic, as I was saying if your helping his own people I don't see him having a problem with it." As he finished speaking Micheal continued the walk toward the castle assuming the young merchant would follow. Micheal gave a short nod to the guards at the castle gate as he walked past hoping to distract himself.

Gabriel walked through the city streets a care free expression on his face. Iron Wolves stopped taking a moment to show respect as their leader past before returning to their duties. "Such a beautiful city, though it lacks the magic that flows through the desert sand," Gabriel mused as he pasted through the inner city toward the main market. There was a stark contrast between the more residential area closer to the castle and the sprawling market that lay in the city center. A Large Cathar cathedral loomed to the western edge of the market with the usual priest milling about in front. To the eastern edge a great, sandstone temple lay in place of a group of warehouses, built by the Zunist priests who followed Gabriel years ago. With a smile plastered across his face Gabriel began wondering the market like he had done so many times before. His silent guards following without prompting on constant lookout.