All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:46 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

It was a very panicked nurse, who had been sent to find Draco in the break room. Apparently, Harry had taken a turn for the worse, just as he had been about to sign the release papers, and was being rushed back to his room as they spoke. Draco sighed, but got up from where he had been sitting, so that he could rush back to help Harry. He had no idea what he had missed, or even how he had missed it, but he was determined to fix his mistake immediately.
When he entered the room, he asked for a report on what was going on, and then asked the nurses to leave him once more. The fewer people were in the room, the better. He started mixing potions almost immediately, having a very good idea of what to do. "I can't leave you alone for a bloody second," he muttered, just as he finished a violently pink potion. He leaned down over his patient, gently supporting his head. "Harry, can you drink this for me? It'd help both of us a lot."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:06 pm 

The smell of blood combined with the taste of the potion Draco forced into him almost made Harry gag, and as soon as the glass left his lips Harry felt like coughing up his lungs. Every time he coughed, felt his heartbeat hammering away at his scull, and he closed his eyes with discomfort.
As his breathing slowly calmed, so did his headache, and Harry inhaled deep and raspy. His nose felt clotted with his own blood, and for a moment he thought he might gag again. "I'm sorry I'm dying," he mumled coarsely as a response to Draco's muttering. It wasn't meant as as a genuine apology for not healing completely, but more as an attempt to distract himself.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:13 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Despite the situation, a small smile spread to his lips. He grabbed a soft rag from the bedside table, and very softly tried to get some of the blood away from Harry's nose and mouth. "There's no dying in my hospital. At least not while I am you healer." He got up again, adding the last ingredient to a second potion. He took it to Harry, sitting on the edge of his bed. "Now, I need you to drink this as well. It doesn't taste like anything, but the consistency is uncomfortable. I need you drink at least half of this for me, okay?" He asked, obviously being worried, but trying to stay calm.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:24 pm 

Draco's description of the potion made Harry laugh a small, coughing laugh as he took the glass. "Well, at least it doesn't taste like anything," he echoed, well aware that it probably was still going to be terrible. He was still feeling slightly lightheaded, yet perfectly aware of the room around him, and especially how the mattress dented next to Harry's thigh where Draco had sat down.
With a slight hesitation (Harry could already see that the texture of the drink was going to be unpleasant) he downed as much as he could in one gulp. Though he went into it intending to swallow, but as soon as the potion was in his mouth, he made a face, and it took him a moment too long to swallow the potion. "**** me, man," Harry coughed, "the next thing you're making me drink better be coffee, because this is terrible."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:38 pm 

Draco smiled softly, happy that Harry at least still had his humour. He took the cup from Harry, seeing the colour very slowly return in his cheeks. The bleeding had also stopped, which had been the purpose of the potion in the first place. "Afraid I'll have to disappoint you. One last potion, and then you can get some pumpkin juice. Sadly, I do not think that caffeine will be good in your current state." He stated, and got up once more, placing the second empty cup next to the first one, and finishing the last potion. He was just pleased to know that this was a much more pleasant one. "Here we go, Mr. Potter. The last potion for you, at least if your situation doesn't worsen from this, which it shouldn't." He handed Harry the final cup.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:28 pm 

Another small laughter sound left Harry's lips as he looked down into the glass with the third potion. That wasn't what he had ment by it, but once again his thoughts felt clouded and he wasn't that he hadn't been very clear about it. "Then you drink coffee," he said, looking up at Draco with a slight grin. "I promise I'll only drink pumpkin juice, but you gotta let me buy you coffee once time."
Harry's eyes lingered on Draco's in search for an reaction as he lifted the glass to his lips, though he hesitated before taking the first time. "Well," Harry added, lowering the glass slightly. "- if I don't die, that is." Once again a smirk pulled at the corners of his mouth, before being hidden behind the rim of the glass.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:42 pm 

Draco arched an eyebrow at that. He wasn't entirely sure how to read Harry, but it very much sounded like he just invited him out. He shook his head, not really having it in himself to believe it. Sure, they fooled around a but back in the days but he can't see why Harry would want to have anything to do with him anymore.
"You can invite me out when you're sober, then I'll maybe take you seriously," he said, feeling like that was the best answer he could give him. "Also, you're not going to die. I already told you that I won't have you dying in my hospital."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:09 am 

Draco's answer made Harry laugh, yet he still felt the rejection creep up to him as a stomach ache. "Come on," he continued, his eyes following the empty glass as he put in on the side table. "I don't want it to be another five years 'til I see you again," Harry admitted as he once again looked at Draco. His words were for a brief moment drunkenly sincere, but the vulnerability he displayed disappeared moments later as a grin made it's way to his lips. "No pressure though."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:42 am 

It was strange to see Harry trying so hard. He had always just assumed that Harry had just forgotten about him after the war, or at least forgotten about what they had been to each other. It was what he had tried to do after all, and it was what made the most sense. He didn't want to say yes to something that Harry might regret later. He knew exactly how many potions Harry had been drinking, and exactly how they worked on him, so he wouldn't dare it. He refused to set himself up for disappointment. "Come back when you are sober, and I will consider it."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:57 pm 

Harry just smiled at that, finally seeming to accept Draco's answer and Harry lent back against the headboard in silence. "I will, then," he said after a moment, slightly raising his eyebrows. "I'm not saying it just 'cause I'm drugged."
It really wasn't. Harry's thought were once again blurred with yet another pain relieving potion, but even then, he watched Draco move about with interest. Harry had never forgotten Draco; but then again, Harry hadn't put any effort into forgetting him. Seeing him now, five years later, seemed almost unreal, and even though Harry didn't dare have high expectations to a possible coffee date, he was beyond curious about where Draco had dissapeared off to. "Well," he continued after another long pause. "It's partially because I'm drugget and faced with my own mortality - I'd like to think that I would have asked you earlier today if I had gotten the chance"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:29 pm 

Draco refused to get his hopes up. Sure, he would love to act like it was a completely normal thing that Harry Potter was asking him out, but he was too aware of their history together. Maybe Harry didn't think about how loaded their past was, but Draco couldn't think of anything else. He smiled softly, wanting to at least be nice to the poor, drugged man.
"I am not sure, if you are aware of just how drugged you are," he commented. Those potions hit bloody hard, but it almost never felt that way. At least not until later. "Now, please rest. I'll send in the nurses to either give you some form of entertainment, or a sleeping draught. Whichever you prefer."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:37 pm 

Harry opened his mouth, but before speaking, he glanced towards the closed door of the room. "Is Ron still here?" he eventually breathed, as a small frown appeared between his brows; Ron had, after all, not been one of the choices Draco had presented him. "Otherwise I'd rather just stay up; don't really feel like sleeping," he trailed off. Harry wasn't used to sleeping long hours anyway, and it felt like the last sleeping draught he took robbed him of almost a whole day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:54 pm 

Draco shrugged. He didn't even know that Weasley was there in the first place, but he'd be willing to check it. After all, if he was still hanging around, then it only made sense to sent him inside. "I do not know, but I'll go check for you. If he is still around, I'll send him in," he stated. It made perfect sense to him that Harry still was friends with Weasley, and he honestly couldn't help but wonder what else was the same as back in the day. Just how little had people changed, while he was in Paris.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:07 pm 

A small smile pulled the corner of Harry's mouth slightly upward. He had the impression that Draco was going out of his way to furfil any of Harry's requests - not that this was any different, the Healers were usually willing to bend the rules slighty for Harry's sake, but there was a sincerity about Draco that Harry appreciated; Draco didn't seem to make any exceptions for Harry. Realizing that his eyes had been lingering on Draco for several silent moments, he eventually phrased a clumsy: "Thank you".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:00 pm 

Draco simply nodded, not really considering it a big deal. He left the room, and went to the nurses' station to ask for Ronald Weasley. They told him that Weasley had to leave urgently, but that he will be back later for Harry, when he is well enough to leave. Draco sighed, but nodded and decided to return to Harry immediately. "Mr. Weasley has left the premises, but promises to be back to get you, as soon as you feel well enough," Draco stated, as he entered the room again. It's strange to know that things were pretty much as he had left them, but it was also sorta comforting. Things had progressed as they were supposed to be, and it was nice.

Draco had left Harry alone for approximately 8 hours, and he figured that that would be fine. Apparently though, you should never leave Harry Potter and Ron Weasley alone in the same room for more than 20 minutes at a time. He wasn't really sure how they had managed, but Harry's hair looked like a mess. It looked like they had attempted to cut Harry's hair, but whoever had done it had no idea how hair worked, so it looked horrible. Draco really couldn't help the snort that left him, despite how unprofessional it was.
"What happened to your hair?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:52 pm 

Harry had been looking at his own reflection in the window, trying to evaluate the damage done to his hair, when Draco came in. When Harry caught Draco's eyes in the reflection, he grinned, and turned around to face him. "It it that bad?" he said as a response to Draco's laugh, obviously aware of the state Ron had left Harry's hair in. The nurses were equally surprised when they had been in to check on him a couple of hours ago, and seemingly worried for his mental health, they had ordered him to stay in bed until Draco could have a look at him.
"I haven't gotten a chance to see it in the mirror yet -" he said, as he ran his left hand across his shaven head. As far as he could judge, the hair length varied from half an inch to an inch (instead of the 5 inches + it had been when he came in), and the uneven cut wasn't immediately reassuring. His eyes lost focus for a moment as his fingers trailed the patterns of the parts of his scar, which had preciously been hidden by his curls. "You were right, though," Harry added as he regained focus, and he met Draco's eyes with another smile. "- I was really bloody ****ing up last night."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:05 pm 

Draco honestly didn't know what to say, because it was mostly just hilarious to him. Harry was normally an attractive guy, but this haircut did nothing for him, and he mostly just looked ridiculous. He didn't really know what to tell Harry, but he knew that his face was giving him away on this one. "Yes, it's really that bad," he said, shaking his head.
He didn't want to admit it to himself, but his stomach fell slightly when Harry admitted that he was pretty high last night. He didn't want to get involved with Harry anyway, so it was just stupid. He should actually just be relieved that he had realised the error of his way, so both of them could move on from it. "Always trust your doctor," he stated with a soft smile. "You want me to fix that hair?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:26 pm 

"Please," he said, his voice bearing traits of a laugh, as he let his hand fall from his hair. "Can I just go see it in the mirror first? I think the nurses thought the worst of the situation, and wanted me to stay in bead until you could judge whether or not I'm in any danger of injuring myself any further." There was a constant sign of laughter lingering in the corner of his mouth as Harry spoke, and it was obvious that he himself found the situation hysterical. Harry didn't consider himself to be that attached to his hair - that was partially why it had been such an easy decision to "chop it off" last night, and a good fourth of it had already been cut when they had cleaned his wound - but this was the first time he could remember his hair being short enough to show the scarring on his scalp.
"How bad it the scar then?" Harry's hands were lingering on the bed next to him, ready to leave it as soon as Draco allowed him to; but for now he looked at the other for answers, and he raised his eyebrows with another smile. "Is it so big that I could actually pass as being White?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:39 pm 

Draco was still fighting his laughter, as he grabbed a mirror from a cabinet. "Clever assessment from the nurses, I need to remember to compliment them on that later," he said with a crooked grin, as he handed the mirror to Harry. He did notice that the scar was very visible, now that Harry only had very little hair to hide it. It was weird, seeing as he always just had assumed that the scar started at his forehead, and only moved downwards. "I don't think you could ever pass as white," he commented, smirking softly. Harry was extremely brown after all, not that that had anything to do with anything. The wizarding world really didn't give a crap about your skin tone after all. "You still look heroic though, so I don't think your role as the chosen one is in danger."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:51 pm 

Harry rolled his eyes at Draco as he took the mirror he was handed. "Thank Merlin I'm still recognizable," he said, his voice bordering between laughter and sarcasm as his eyes flickered towards Draco for a brief moment. When Harry finally looked into the mirror, the sight that met him made him laugh loud and genuinely.
"Merlin, it's an ugly scar," was his immediate reaction, as he turned his head slightly, moving the mirror up so that he could he the newly revealed scarring. "Like, I've always known it was there..." he started, but the sentence never found it's end, as he became distracted of his own reflection.
Once again he ran his hand over the uneven cut, and honestly, he felt like the nurses reaction was pretty justified. "I look like a thug." Once again Harry's voice was borderline a laugh, as he unbuttoned the first few buttons of the hospital pyjamas he was wearing, revealing a fraction of the tattoos that partially covered his chest, smiling as these just added to the look. "- Don't I?" he said, lowering the mirror, seeking the opinion of the other.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 51  Next