All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:57 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

It was a mystery to him what Harry was trying to accomplish with this. Sure, they ended up on friendly terms, but they hadn't talked for 5 years, and Draco really didn't feel like they had all that much in common. He had been kept ou of the loop on everything that was going on in London, and he has done that on purpose, because he wanted to focus on his new like in Paris with his mum, and on his studies. Despite that, then he felt like he could predict what had happened after the war, even without any insight. "I've only been back for a couple of months, so I guess no, not very long," he said with a sheug, his back turned to Harry, while concocting another potion for his patient. Despite being young, then Draco was good at what he was doing, and was not shy of experimenting, which meant thy he had developed a couple of new potions, which had already become popular in the hospital he interned at in Paris. He poured the hot pink drink into a glass, and gently handed it to Harry.
"This one is very cold, and don't be fooled by the sweet taste at first, it turns bitter really fast, so swallow it quickly," he instructed, smiling softly down at him. "You need to drink the entire glass," he adds, knowing all too well that it's tempting to just take a sip, and then leave it be. However, it won't have its intended effect I you don't drink it all like, and then you suffered for nothing.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:09 pm 

Harry should have noticed Draco's lack of interest in the conversation; but between the painkilling potions he had taken and his own interest in the other, any manners which, under normal circumstances, would have made him back off were overruled. It seemed impossible that Draco wasn’t equally interested in catching up.
"Where'd you go?" Harry continued chattily, watching Draco's back as he worked. He figured Draco haft left the country, but if he ever heard where he left to, Harry couldn’t remember it at time being. He took the glass, and without hesitation he downed the second potion, but the last few drops in the glass were the most bitter, and he cleared his throat in an effort to get them down. In
"Why'd you come back?" he corrected himself, once again eyeing Draco. Though his eyes were still drowsily struggling with focusing, he observed him with clear interest.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:20 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

"Paris. My mum and I figured that it would be the best for us, if we left the country while my father served his time in Azkaban," Draco explained with a shrug, as he strayed concocting a sleeping draught with his back turned to Harry. He figured that it would be best to hit humour the man, seeing as he was severely drugged, and probably had suffered a hard blow to the head, which Draco choose to use as an explanation for his chattiness. That was the only thing that made sense to him at least.
He poured his new potion into a mug, and turned around to place the mug on the night stand. "This I a sleeping draught, and I swear it's the last potion I'll be pouring in you today," he said with a gentle smile. Honestly, all Harry would need to do now was to sleep this off, and he would be up and runnin in no time.
"And to answer your questions, then St. Mungos pays better than the hospital I worked at in Paris, also, they don't mind experimenting as much. Now, kindly drink your potion and get some sleep."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:46 pm 

It was as if the prospect of spending the night at St. Mungo's surprised him. The pain relieving potions had put his injuries enough on a distance that some part of Harry expected to being out in time to pick up Teddy from school, and as he realised that he couldn't, he almost panicked. "You have to owl my contact in case of emergencies, then, I know I'm stable but -" Harry blurted out, restlessly looking towards the door, a frown appearing as the struggled with remembering the practical details. "I - I think it's Molly Weasley, I'm not sure, but please owl her, she'll know what to do; Ginny is away and Hermione isn't in the forms yet so it must be Molly -" Harry continued pointlessly as the potions once again affected his conversational filter. Teddy's middle school demanded a list of persons authorised to pick Teddy up, and among the chaos of suddenly being Teddy's guardian, Harry hadn't come around to expand that list, which suddenly stressed Harry.
Eventually, Harry's eyes found their way back to Draco, and the reassurance he felt when seeing another person helped him take a deep breath. "Please," he spoke, and though he managed to phrase that much calmer, his voice was still a little shaky.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:00 pm 

The sudden panic showing on Harry's face surprised Draco. He thought that it made sense for him to stay the night at St. Mungos, but apparently not to Harry. He reached out to gently place a hand on top of Harry's, wanting to comfort him. Stress hinders the healing process, so Draco always tried to keep his patients in a stress free environment, at least as stress free as he could manage. He was pretty sure that the nurses already had contacted Harry's emergency contact though, so there was probably no reason to worry.
"I am pretty sure that the nurses already have alerted the proper people, but I will personally mar sure that it has been done, okay?" He promised the man on the bed, smiling warmly at him. If he could get Harry to relax, and maybe even take the sleeping draught, then it would definitely boost his healing process.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm 

I spite of his attempts to calm his breathing, Harry's heart still hammered in his chest and as Draco placed his hand upon Harry's own, Harry distantly nodded. His eyes flickered to the bedding, as he restlessly clenched a fist around the fabric. This was the first time Harry had been hospitalized over night since he got Teddy home, and his chattiness slowly disappeared.
"Thank you," he mumbled, his eyes once again moving towards Draco. "I'm sorry, I just -" Harry heard himself speak, but lacked a filter to prevent his nonsense from leaving his lips. "I'm on a really bad high," he added, briefly closing his eyes in a tired grin, but though it was meant as a joke, his voice was still shaky from the though of Teddy being alone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:14 pm 

It was very strange to see Harry go from chatty and happy go lucky, to all quiet and obviously quite worried. Also, because it was such a rapid change that Draco almost got a whiplash for trying to keep up with it. He understood the worry though, no one liked to be told that they had to stay the night at the hospital, which was why he usually gave his patients a weak sleeping draught. Mostly just to give them a helping hand with getting some proper sleep.
"I know, I am the one who got you on that high," he said with a soft smile, as he lets go of the hand. He figured that maybe it would be for the best if he checked the situation with Harry's emergency contact first, and then got him to drink the potion. "I'll go check if the proper people have been alerted, and then you're goin to sleep when I come back, how does that sound?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:16 pm 

Harry saw in Draco's eyes that he was acting up, and he awkwardly nodded. He knew the high was caused by the potions, but the outbursts and mood swings surprised even him. "Thank you," Harry repeated, nodding once again; this time closing his eyes as the room once again felt blurry. "I appreciate that," he added distantly, removing his glasses so that he could rub his eyes, in an attempt to bring the world back into focus.
"This is the second time you've had to deal with me while I'm such a mess. I swear I'm a nice guy," he joked tiredly, once again opening his eyes, squinting slightly as a smile pulled the corners of his mouth slightly upward. "Well - I'm a mess under normal circumstances, too, this is just a bit over the top".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:07 pm 

"Don't stress it," Draco said, as he smiled pleasantly, and patted his leg softly, before he went to the nurse's station. He just wanted to make sure that the appropriate people were informed, so that Harry could properly relax, and get some sleep. "Hi, make sure that Harry Potter's emergency contact is alerted of him staying the night here. I believe that it is Molly Weasley, but if it isn't, then please send her an owl anyway," he said with a soft smile, knowing that his nurses were going to do whatever he told them too; especially when it involved Harry Potter.
He returned to Harry, once he felt confident that they have alerted the right people. "All good, they have already sent an owl to Molly Weasley, so there is not reason to stress," he stated with a soft smile. "Now, please get some sleep."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:50 pm 

As soon as Draco left the room, Harry leant back against the pillow, running his fingers under the frame of his glasses in an attempt to rub his eyes. He exhaled in a slight moan. Harry didn't notice how utterly sloppy the potions had made him when he spoke, but he saw it in Draco's reactions, and that made Harry's stomach turn with embarrassment.
"**** me," Harry muttered with his fingers pressed against his closed eyes. He lied there for a moment, his hands covering his eyes, until Draco's voice once again managed to sneak up on him, making his heart skip a beat. Clumsily, Harry moved his hands away, trying to straighten his glasses while propping himself back up. "Thank you," he breathed, this time doing his best to filter his thoughts before they left his lips. Harry's eyes flickered back to Draco, and eventually lingered on his eyes. "Really, thank you - I feel like a mess, and I feel like I come across like a drunk twat, and I'm sorry." His voice drifted off for a moment, before he continued with a nother deep breath. "But truly, thank you."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:25 am 

It honestly wasn't a big deal. Draco has seen people be much worse under the influence of potions, so he didn't mind it. It didn't matter that it was Harry Potter either, because honestly, he has also seen him much worse. He was a healer, so he had to deal with these kinds of things. Celebrity status doesn't matter when you're at the hospital. "Don't worry about it. I am your healer, so it's okay," he said in a calm voice, smiling softly down at him. "Now, drink your potion, and get some rest. When you have slept, you can just call for a nurse, and we'll do some last checks of you. If everything looks good, then you'll be able to leave early tomorrow," he promised. He didn't know what Harry had waiting for him at home, but there was obviously something. He didn't want to ask about that now though. They can always catch up later, if they feel so inclined.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:47 pm 

Harry nodded in a sheepish agreement, and just the thought of getting some sleep made his eyelids heavy. He hadn't noticed how his headache had subside during their conversation, and when Harry realized that, he suddenly felt like he could breathe again and took a deep breath. Without further comment he took the sleeping potion Draco handed him, and drank it in a couple of sips. The potion made him fuzzy with the first sip, and by the time he had emptied the glass with a third, Harry wasn't sure if he was already sleeping. Though his vision was slightly slurred by sleep he managed to put the empty glass on the bedside table, before his head hit the pillow with exhaustion, his glasses slightly askew across the bridge of his nose.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:35 pm 

Draco had been told that Harry was awake, so he had to go check on him again. He doubted that there would be any problems, but Harry still needed a check up, before they would be able to check him out of the hospital. He entered the room in which they kept Harry, wearing a soft, yet professional, smile on his face. "Good morning, Mr. Potter," he stated with a warm smile, softly closing the door behind him. He made sure to speak in a soft voice, feeling uncertain about Harry's state. "How are you feeling after having gotten some sleep?" He asked. It was usually the best to just ask the patient how they are doing, before starting anything else.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:32 pm 

Harry had been looking through the official Auror report of the previous night when Draco entered, and as Draco's phrasing made the corners of Harry's mouth turn upward in a slightly annoyed grin. "I'm much better, thanks," he answered, pushing the papers side as he straightened his back a bit. "It's Harry, though," he added, the grin slightly audible in his voice. He hoped that the mr. Potter wasn't anything but a joking remark, but there was still a nagging fear that it was an attempt to maintain some distance between them that Draco didn't have any interest in catching up.
In an attempt to push his worries aside, Harry absentmindedly ran his hand through his hair, his fingers slightly gracing the shaved spot that surrounded the wound. "You said I'd be able to go home today, right?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:58 pm 

Draco smirked softly at the remark on his use of Harry's last name. Honestly, he mostly didn't really know where they were standing, so he'd rather be safe than sorry. "I said that you'd most likely be able to go home today, but I have to do some check ups, just to make sure that you are in a proper condition to leave," he said with a polite smile. He started doing his checks, but didn't find any anomalies in Harry, even if he was being very thorough. He refused to let Harry leave this place, if he even had the smallest suspicion that he wasn't completely okay. After feeling satisfied with his checks, he started scribbling on the pad assigned to Harry. "Everything seems to be in order though, and I see no reason that you shouldn't be able to leave today. You need to not strain yourself the next couple of days though. Do you have someone who can come pick you up? Do you need me to get an owl for you?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:13 pm 

Harry's eyes lingered on Draco as he proceeded to do the check up, and there was an interest in his eyes that he wasn't able to hide. It was weird having Draco his close to him, and the few times his fingers graced his skin, a chill ran down Harry's spine. In all honesty, Harry never stopped thinking about Draco, he just became less aware of it
Somewhere along the check up, Harry had started holding his breath, and it was first when Draco signed him off that he exhaled, a smile lighting up his face. "Aright, yea great. An owl would be perfect, yea, I'll have someone follow me home."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:57 pm 

"Good. I'll get a nurse to come by, and also give your contact the required information, so that they can take care of you." Draco wanted to keep this professional, but it was so strange to be close to Harry again. He didn't want to think about that though. He had worked way too hard to get into this position as the hospital, and he wasn't about to lose focus on his job. He needed to keep it professional, and then forget about Harry Potter. He did it once, and he was convinced that he could do it again.
"Hopefully this will be the last time I see you in my hospital, Harry."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:54 pm 

Draco's comment made Harry grin, and though his laughter was genuine Harry wasn't sure how Draco had intended it, and because of that he looked down. "That's a nice way of saying you don't wanna see me again," he answered, and though the laughter was still visible in his features, his words had a harsh ring to them. Nevertheless, a smile was on his lips when he once again eyed Draco. "I'll do my best to either not die or die quickly on the scene without making a mess," he continued after a moment of silence, and this time the words had lost their edge, and Harry was left with just a smile.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:07 pm 

Draco simply hummed at that. He honestly didn't know what kind of relation he was supposed to have to Harry Potter, so it would probably just be a whole lot easier to just pass it off as a professional relationship. However, the two of them have never really been known for taking the easy path. "I didn't say that I didn't want to see you again. I just said that I didn't want you back in my hospital." He put the pad down, and looked up at Harry. "I'll get you a nurse," he stated, and then went out to the nurses' station, so that someone can get an owl or floo the correct people. He didn't like to admit it to himself, but he was really looking forward to Harry leaving, so that he could go back to concentrating.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:36 pm 

Harry just watched Draco go, and as the Healer left the room, Harry exhaled heavily. He didn't know what he had expected; too much, at least, and as a nurse moments later brought him a pen and some paper, Harry made a mental note to lower his expectations of regaining any sort of contact with Draco what so ever.
With a quick scribble he wrote a note to Ron ("Hey sugar, wanna take me home? H") which he immediately handed back over to the nurse. He knew Ron would be here in a matter of minutes, and after the chilled exchange with Draco, Harry just wanted to go home.

Ron had come as quickly as expected, and had even brought Harry a spare set of clothes, Harry assumed Ron had been able to pick up at the Auror department (Harry appreciated that, as he in that moment realized that his uniform must have been covered with his own blood). Within half an hour of Harry sending the letter, he was dressed in a navy blue set of activewear with the Auror department's logo on his back.
As the two left the room and headed to the nurses station for his formal sign off, Harry looked down the hall in an involuntary attempt to locate Draco. He must have been staring down the hall for a while, for next thing he knew, Ron's hand was on his shoulder calling his name.
"What?"
"Are you okay, man? You drifted off for a second there."
"No, yea, I'm fine. What do you mean am I okay?" Harry frowned in confusion, and looked across the front desk at the nurse who was filling out his form in search of an answer, but found her looking just as worried. "What?"
"Harry, you're bleeding-"
Startled by Ron's words, Harry's hand found its way to his upper lip. As he moved his hand back into his field of vision, Harry saw that his fingers were stained with dark red blood, and he was only half aware of how the nurse called for a healer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 51  Next