All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:13 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

CLOSED
going for a restart

what I wrote in my interest check:
Supernatural High School. For four people (including me). Set in a world like ours where a part of the population has supernatural powers. These people usually hide and go to normal high schools, but there is danger approaching. To start everyone can only have two characters: one "hero" and one "villian". Even though I got inspired by Sailormoon for this plot, it will only seem alike to people that are really familiar with season 1. (no sparkly magical girl transformations). I only have the general lines of the plot prepared so much is open for discussion or see where it goes.

more info:
The main stage is a normal high school in a normal country in a normal world. It is known that some people happen to have some kind of supernatural power. Can you imagine how the world would react to those people? Yeah so that is why most choose to keep their power a secret. More or less that is. Everyone has their own reasons for doing so. To a normal live there should be a normal school. Our "heroes" go to school and pose as normal students. Whether or not they are all in the same class or even know each other before we start can be discussed here. We would all have 1 hero character (maybe we can add more later on in the story but we should start with one). We would also have one "villain" character each. (this may also change later but for now keep it with one). Your character may be male or female or anything in between as long as they can look like normal humans. Keep it as one basic supernatural power, so no flying and controlling fire and telekinesis and and and. There would be a lot of discussion here were we want to go although I have the beginning pretty much planned out already.

about "heroes" and "villains":
I am not talking about these in the stereotype matter. Everytime I use the term hero or villains, it is just for the sake of convenience. With hero I mean our character which attends to the school and on which the main focus lies. They do not know the "villains" beforehand. And are kind of forced to work together to defend against them. Your "hero" doesn't have to love justice and whatever. It really just means the main characters that just want to live a normal live.
With villain I mean those that stir up trouble in the peaceful lives of our heroes and probably to the entire world. In the beginning we won't really focus a lot on them, more like in the beginning they do not appear at all. Only later on they could get some more attention as our heroes find out more about why these people are doing what they do. The villains work together although our heroes don't know that in the beginning. (Should my explanation seem weird to you then please pm me with your question XD)

activeness/post frequency:
I expect that you reply about once a week or faster. Will you be inactive for a while? No problem just let us know. Should you just stop replying then I may send you a reminder because you may have forgotten about our rp or you are too busy. Should we not hear anything from you and you do not respond anymore then I will assume that you have dropped our roleplay and don't want to continue anymore. Although I would prefer that you would just tell me that you don't want to go on anymore. In case that happens we may kill your characters.

posting order:
The posting order is decided to be the order in which people happen to post the first time. So the first post is mine, the person that happens to post the second will always have his/her turn after me. The person that happens to post the third will always have his/her turn after the previous person. And so on. If someone doesn't have anything to post, for example because their character is sleeping, then they can just pass a turn (let us know here). Or if the next person doesn't post for a week or so then the next person can come in and post.

form (you have to fill out everything, you may keep your abilites secret while in character, but you need to tell us here):
Name
Personality
Appearance
Supernatural powers
Weakness
Hero/Villian
Other

Participants:
-Chemical Lady (me) Profiles
-Indomitable Monolith Profiles
-Aeromancer Profiles
-Gabriel Shadow Profiles
-lykata Profiles
-HappyJinglez Profiles
-LadyAsriel Profiles
-Asterous Profiles

Open positions:
full at the moment

IC thread: http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=48701

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

Last edited by Chemical Lady on Wed May 03, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:14 pm 

Name: Kuro
Personality: arrogant, doesn’t talk much, loner, nice to animals, is not good at being social, smart
Appearance: Image
superpower: controls shadows
weakness: needles, he hates them a lot, people who are genuinely kind, being found out
hero/villian: hero
Other: Will always deny to have any kind of power. Can “teleport” by stepping through the shadows to places where he has been before, can also shape stuff with shadows which will hold their shape for a few minutes before dissolving back into shadows.

Name: Luke
Age 17
Gender male
Personality: a psychopath, enjoys killing, confident, intelligent
Appearance: Image
Superatural: His power is general esp so making stuff including himself float but instead of bending spoons he rather crushes some skulls, he also has some limited power to intervene with small stuff like cellphones, his esp is strong enough to keep doors at their place
Weakness: His reaction time is that of a normal human, so someone who can teleport or with high speed could outrun him. Hi personality is not very advantageous either, being too confident is also bad.
Hero/Villian: villian
Other: Maybe I will add some more info later ^^

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:39 pm 

Name: Colleen Crowley

Personality: Tough exterior, loner, can be blunt, not really a people person.

Appearance:

Supernatural Powers: Reactive Adaptation

Weakness: Radiation

Hero/Villian: Hero

Other: She's bisexual. She's also a leftie. She doesn't talk about anything that's happened in her life prior to coming to the school, which she's now been at for two years. She grew up around people with guns and has bow-hunted for most of her life; she also knows how to bow-fish and has done so in the past. Her parents are separated and although her father technically has custody, she currently lives at the school (as stated above). Her father knows her well, her alcoholic mother less so. Her father is a smoker but she isn't. She had her first beer at fourteen. She dated a girl for two years when she was thirteen and fourteen, having met and befriended the girl when she was twelve; the girl moved away, which was why they were forced to break up. She dated a guy briefly when she was fifteen but he raped her, and she hasn't been with anyone since. Almost nothing is known about her by the other students, other than that she was an Olympic archery gold medalist when she was twelve and when she was sixteen; she is an exceptional shot and takes her archery very seriously.

A little more information can be found in the following post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42848&p=321709#p321709

Name: Cassidy Bonnaire

Personality: An incorrigible flirt and romantic, but tends to keep his personal life closely guarded.

Appearance:

Supernatural Powers: Super-Speed

Weakness: Cold & Ice

Hero/Villian: Villain

Other: Nobody’s quite certain whether Cassidy is a boy or a girl, though Cassidy certainly loves the boys; he’s the kind of person that makes the girls swoon when dressed in masculine fashion but he could just as easily pass for the very girls that tend to fawn over him. As far as his powers are concerned, his super-speed isn’t limited to just running; he can vibrate part or all of his body for various effects ranging from accelerated wear upon an object to masking his appearance or voice. He has an average running speed of 705mph but can push his body to 900mph when desperate. Because his body needs to be able to withstand the friction and other forces inherent in moving that fast, it is resistant to them; however, because his body burns through energy so quickly, he is constantly eating in order to maintain his high metabolism. Also, his brain processes twice as fast as he can move; as such, to him, the world almost seems to be standing still when he’s moving really fast (and for him, of course, “really fast” means REALLY fast.)

A little more information can be found in the following post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42848&p=321872#p321872

I Play
R=Romance, TG=Transgender; first letter indicates my preference.
It is extremely rare that I will play a canon; my preference is for OCs.
Note that romance must be part of a story, not the story as a whole.

M/M, M/M/R, F/F, F/F/R, M/F, F/M
TGM/M, TGM/M/R, TGM/TGM, TGM/TGM/R, TGM/F

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology
HP, HP/AU, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Star Wars, Supernatural (G), X-Men, X-Men/AU
Egyptian/M, Greek/M, Chinese/M, Japanese/M, Norse/M

I am so tired of people telling me that tragedy is cliché and that I need to come up with a happy history for my characters. Tragedy is exactly what the word implies. However, what is born of tragedy can be beautiful; emotional; powerful; meaningful; and necessary for the development of a well-built character that’s deeper than a name, a face, a set of powers, and a utility belt. Tragedy in itself is not a story or a character; a story that includes tragedy, however, can be a character so epic that your ancestors rise from their graves to weep, to cheer, or to forever cry out to the heavens and curse those that would stand against xir.

PostThis post was deleted by Hikanu on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:19 pm.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:26 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

Name: Kithara

Age: He believes he's around 16 or 17 years old. Kithara was actually originally given up for adoption, so he isn't entirely sure of how old he is. He celebrates the anniversary of his adoption as his birthday since he isn't sure of his actual birth date.

Personality: Having a certain flair for the elegant and the dramatic, Kithara is one to always make a very specific entrance and act, both as a hero and as an individual, in a way that reflects this sort of glamour.

He might come off as snobbish to some, but he actually doesn't mean it at all. Rather, he's someone who's acquired a taste for the finer things in life. He has hobbies that match these aspects of his personality as well, and it also seems like this has influenced his taste in fashion considering the way that he dresses.

Appearance:
| +

Superpower: Manipulating wind is a somewhat unusual ability, but Kithara has learned to control it. He can generate or redirect gusts of wind, and can even move a sufficient amount of air to ride on for very short distances. He generally carries a supply of feathers with him, since he can float these on breezes and use them as a weapon if he so elects to do so.

Weakness: Enclosed areas are a massive weakness and a serious Achilles heel when it comes to Kithara's abilities. He needs to have plenty of fresh air to operate, which makes sense considering what his power is. To that end he always makes sure to keep the windows open when he's in a room.

If an opponent tried to close him off, however, then he would be seriously disadvantaged. Many people complain about rooms that are stuffy. However, to him this is something far more serious than a regular inconvenience. Rather, to him a stuffy room is going to completely shut his abilities down.

For that matter, heavily humid areas can also cause him grief. Humidity has a tendency to weigh down the air and make it heavier in the process.

Naturally, he's also otherwise a regular human, so things that would otherwise harm or kill a regular person would also affect him in turn as well. While his abilities certainly are impressive, they've never actually made him impervious to regular attacks. If someone wanted to assault him with a firearm for instance, then they would probably be able to. Wind can redirect bullets naturally, but not at point blank range. He could do even less to stop a mele weapon if he were ever assaulted with one.

Hero/Villain: Hero

Other: In addition to using his abilities to fight, Kithara has found them useful in many other capacities. For instance, he once prevented an airplane from crashing by generating gusts of wind underneath it. He's also used breezes to blow out flames or cool people off. While this might not necessarily sound like much, he's used it to great effect for someone who was overheated. He's also saved machinery that's in danger of melting as a result of excessive amounts of heat.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Name: Argo

Personality: Mournful is perhaps the best word to describe Argo's personality. He has grown incredibly distasteful for how wasteful the entire world has become, and ultimately he has taken it on himself to mete out what he feels are appropriate punishments for wasting resources.

As a result, he doesn't view himself as a villain at all. Rather, he thinks he's bringing individuals to justice for their wrongdoings. Argo interestingly does have his heart in the right place, but the wake of violence and destruction that's left in his trail is far more of a waste than any of the wrongs that he seeks to right.

Outside of this, he's something of a fierce individualist in both fashion and his behaviors. He has a few prominent piercings, which are generally the things that most people see when they first notice him. His striking hair and eye color are also very noticeable, and he's quite proud of the appearance that he's cultivated for himself overall.

Appearance:
| +

Superpower: Despite his otherwise demure personality, when he's overcome with emotion the pupils of his eyes take on reptilian slits that look more like the eyes of a lizard or snake than that of a human being. His incisors grow, and from these he can spit venom just like the serpents that he mildly resembles. The fact that he wears a small dragon pendant seems to drive home the otherworldliness about him.

Considering the makeup of this venom, it's rather acidic as well. That makes it useful against even inanimate surfaces.

Weakness: Being that he's otherwise a normal individual, there's actually nothing stopping Argo from using his venom against himself. If he were to get some into his eyes, then he would go blind from it. If he were to get it on his skin, then he would feel the burn of it.

Someone who understood this could cause him plenty of grief. Say he was fighting someone and they were to run around faster than he could target them, Argo could very well accidentally harm himself with his own spray. That could very well do far worse than merely ruin his day. It could actually end up killing him just like anyone else in the process. The few times he has gotten himself with mere drops he's caused serious chemical burns.

Hero/Villain: Villain

Other: Overcome by the guilt of his actions, Argo often flies into a rage that seems to be in marked contrast of his regular personality. He genuinely wants to do good in the world, but a combination of the sinfulness of the world combined with his own wanton killing has made him rather emotionally unstable.

This combination of emotions is what makes him so dangerous and unpredictable, since it's very hard to find out what his actions might be next as a result of this unusual mixture.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:46 am 

hey you two ^^
I hope you are still up for this?
I am just waiting for one more person to reply, otherwise we could start with just the three of us and a fourth person could join in later

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:34 pm 

Well, for what it's worth I'm certainly still up for it. I put a lot of effort into my characters, and I hope that they turned out alright ^^

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:24 am 

@Indomitable Monolith
@Aeromancer
(pinging you so that I can be sure that you read this ^^ don't worry I won't keep pinging you all the time)

I suggest that we just start
and if @monstermanchego or another 4th (and definitely last) person wants to step in the we can see from there how their characters entrance could be
what do you two (three?) think about that? or would you rather wait some more?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:46 pm 

By the power of Grayskull!!

I'm so sorry for the delay. I'll try to get started on my character sheet(s) soon... I'll try to be quick about it.

John Cena Theme MIDI. Because why not.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:11 pm 

okay, no problem ^^ glad that you are still up for this
don't hesitate to pm me if you want feedback on your character

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:50 pm 

No worries about pinging me, I'm fine with that. Did you want to give Monster a little more time to post then, and then we'll start it off?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:59 pm 

yes we will wait for his characters and then we are complete and can start ^^

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:00 pm 

Okay, that sounds great, I can't wait to see what he comes up with ^^

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:03 pm 

*coughwestillneedkunzitecough* XD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:50 pm 

We would have to wait for now in that case?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:35 am 

yes
I guess a group rp is based on waiting a lot so good practice XD

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:23 pm 

Haha, that's totally fine. I like to think of myself as pretty patient !meow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:14 pm 

we could clear out some other stuff in the main time
like posting order, do we take turn?
if we don't take turns then it could be that every other post is mine XD but with taking turns we may get tested in patience a lot

and how about posting frequency? it would be aweful if the thread dies off because we are all waiting for one person to post, so how long should we wait until we skip someone's turn?

I guess if someone doesn't want to continue anymore they will honestly tell

anything else you guys can think of?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:32 am 

Posting order could be set just by the order we first do the post in, and then add new people into the order as they come along. If you want to just go with no order, though, then I'm not going to be the one to complain about that.

Now, if you really were worried about the whole issue of inactivity, then not having a posting order could help out, since we could post around the other individual. It might also help if one of us had to take a few days off or anything like that.

I know some people prefer to have one set in stone, though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:00 am 

I am just asking because I don't want to be to seem too overexcited, I ccan easily get ahead of myself and post lots which could take others their chance for a nice plot twist, of course I try to keep myself in check, but I just wanted your opinions on it (all of your opinions)
the very first post is mine anyway XD
I know it is bad to say this but I hope monster gets his character done soon so we can start XD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next