All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sleepy Hollow IC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:51 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Anastasia Crane stepped out of the carriage she had been riding in for the past few hours. Her legs were soar from sitting so she was thankful to be out, but once she heard the carriage leave from behind her she automatically wanted to go back to NYC. She stood in front of a bridge made of stone that had terrifying gargoyles perched on each side of the pillars. The fog rolled in slowly as she stood unmoving in front of the bridge, too afraid to put one foot in front of the other.

The town that she had been called to investigate was called Sleepy Hollow. Even the name was terrifying to her. Anastasia shivered softly as she picked up her bag filled with her intricately designed tools for investigations and began to walk across the bridge and into the village. It was a long walk, but she didn't mind much. The only thing that concerned her was the fact that it was very quiet and dark for being such a small town. She could tell that this village was plagued with evil beings not of this world.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Sleepy Hollow IC
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:37 pm 

Richard left for the party late, for it had completely slipped his mind, which was uncharacteristic for him. He had had a long day at the Creaky Stool - he had even gotten caught in the crossfire of a fistfight. He rubbed the bruise on his forehead as he remembered. Hopefully nobody would be as drunk as they were earlier. As he walked up to the magistrates house, he noticed a carriage drop a woman off across the bridge. He figured it was the investigator the magistrate had sent for, for she was to arrive today. He gave her a quick wave hello, and then headed inside. He removed his hat and jacket, and began filling wine glasses.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:17 pm 

Julianna stood in midst of the laughter and music as people talked and danced. She smiled and greeted Richard as he walked into her home, "Hello Richard how have things been?" She asked as he handed her a glass of wine.
She heard someone whisper about how Julianna shouldn't be the magistrate. She just shrugged it off and kept smiling. She didn't care, Julianna was the first woman magistrate this town had ever had, and she had made this town so much better. If the only price she had to pay were the whispers and judgmental looks she would take it.
Julianna was going to prove that she was better than any man that had been in her situation.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:38 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Anastasia got to the door of the magistrate's house and gave a small knock. When a butler answered she walked in and looked around. Many people were happy and dancing, at least the townspeople seemed normal. She looked about the room and asked someone who and where the magistrate was. When she finally got a clear answer she made her way to her.

"Magistrate Julianna...?" Anastasia asked. "I am Constable Anastasia Crane. We spoke through letters about your concern for your village?"

My Character's

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:16 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

Micky sighed as he walked out of the house and looked around, he had grown bored of the people who were all either lying to try to get close to someone. Or they were just rather boring people, none of that interested the young werewolf one bit. But when he took in a deep breath and caught a scent of someone new. "Hmmm, this should make things more fun." He said, before he walked back into the house and found himself a seat, his eyes scanning the room.

As he scanned the room he saw his father talking to some land owners and her rolled his eyes. "I hope i never come like him.." He said, before he moved on from his father to the Magistrate, and a new woman. "Oh, this will be fun."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:51 am 

Richard gave Julianna a small smile. "Wonderful." he answered. As Anastasia approached, he left the magistrate to her business. He heard the door open, and watched Micky walk in. He went back to the counter, refilled his tray with glasses, and made his way over to Micky.
"Drink?" he offered.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:29 am 

2nd Year (1)

Micky looked up at Richard and shrugged softly, he reached up and took one. He took a sip of it and then looked at Richard again. "Thanks I guess." He then stood up and strolled over to Julianna, and the new woman. He gave the two his best smile, which showed his raze sharp teeth. "You must be new in town, it's a pleasure to meet you. I am Mkcky MacFinley." ThI young. An said before he bowed softly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:46 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Anastasia Crane turned to the voice that had just spoken. She was greeted by a handsome man.
"Anastasia Crane. I'm the new Constable of Sleepy Hollow, called in my your magistrate." She gave a friendly smile to Micky. She did indeed think he was incredibly handsome and obviously came from money with the way he was dressed.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:56 pm 

Julianna smiled and introduced herself to Anastasia. "I'm so happy you were able to get here so quickly." She said and then noticed how everyone was drawn towards them. "It looks like you are going to be very popular here." She said softly so only Anastasia could hear.

Orion had been standing by the fireplace telling stories, all the children were circled around him on the floor and their parents stood back listening and smiling at how he captured their imaginations. Orion truly had a way with children.
Out of the corner of his eye he saw a face he hadn't see before. Quickly he ended his story and excused himself, much to the despair of the children.
"Come now Micky, don't overwhelm the poor girl before she gets the chance to meet the rest of us." Orion smiled at the woman, "Anastasia, was it? I'm Dominic Orion." He kissed her hand gently and smirked at Micky. "Everyone calls me Orion though."
As he was about to do something else to embarrass any further one of the children came tugging on his sleeve asking for another story. Orion smiled and picked up the little boy and said goodbye to the others then went back to telling stories to the other kids.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:06 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Micky bared his teeth, and put one of his arms on the man, with out anyone notice he also took his coin purse. Once Orion was gone the young man ran his hand through his hair. "You'll be quite the hot topic for the next few days, I hope you'll be ok with that." The werewolf ran his tongue over his sharp teeth. "I'm sure you'll be seeing me in that jail house quite a bit actually." He said, flicking two fingers up with a small coin purse between his fingers. "As you can see, I am very handy." He laughed, throwing the purse at there new Constable. "Have a fun night Constable, hope to see you around." Micky winked at the woman before he left the two alone.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:13 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Anastasia watched the whole situation go down in front of her. She was confused, people coming up to her and greeting her as if she was a beautiful woman. Indeed she was but she begged to differ. She turned to the Magistrate after both Micky and Orion left, the coin purse in her hands.

"I should probably return this to Orion. Might I ask, where will I be staying while I am here?" She inquired softly.

From across the room Evangeline watched the new woman and the magistrate speak to each other. She grabbed Micky by the arm as he passed by and pulled him to her. The vampire stared at the two women before glancing to Micky.
"Who's the new girl?" She asked, a bit of salt in her tone of voice.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:18 pm 

2nd Year (1)

"Aww is someone stealing your thunder vamp?" He asked as he pulled him self away from the woman. "She is the new Constable, I'm sure you'll see her around town a lot. Now then, I'm going to go get a drink, I don't really care what you do. So have fun." Micky said before he walked to the bar and rapid his knockles on the bar top. "Hey bar keep! Give me a whiskey with some ice."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:51 pm 

Richard looked at Micky and nodded. He filled him a glass, and handed it to him.
"Here you go." He heard his name called elsewhere, and he filled some glasses and proceeded to serve. It then occurred to him that he hadn't offered the new constable anything to drink yet. He stopped at Julianna and Anastasia, and smiled.
"Drink, miss?" he asked the two of them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:28 am 

Julianna smiled at Richard and shook her head, "None for me, thank you." As he nodded Julianna looked back at Anastasia and continued to talk to her. "You will be staying at our best inn. The inn keeper has two rooms for you so you can work in peace." Julianna pointed to a couple that were standing over two boys, twins. They were all listening to Orion's story's.

".. And once they are over the towns old covered bridge the poor soul is safe and beyond the headless horseman's ghostly reach! Or at least that's what they say..."
Orion smiled as he finished another story about the headless horseman. The inn keepers children always asked for that story, what odd little devils, Orion thought as the glanced at the twin boys.

"So just remember always be in your beds by sun down or the horseman will come for you." Julianna said as she walked over to the group of children. She smiled at them and greeted their parents warmly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:37 pm 

The clash of steel against steel rang out upon the still night air, echoing betwixt the trees: a parry here, a blocked thrust there, riposte that drew no blood…such a precious substance wasted in battle, and yet some slights could not be ignored. His pathetic skills were nothing to her own, his strikes weak and imprecise while his defenses were easily negotiated; and yet, she did not wish for this to end quickly. She was a patient woman but she could also be cruel, especially to those who deigned to address or discuss her as one might address or discuss a common whore. He was “courting” three other women but seemed to seek validation by demeaning one with whom he was not engaging in amorous activities. And while she had no interest in his bed or what little wealth of which he was possessed, his land was valuable; now she would have to buy it at auction, however, for his attitude toward her while she had tried to court him was beyond merely insulting. She would not stand for it.

She was not some weak-willed mortal, to be called upon when he wished for someone to demean.

She grew tired of this little game now and struck him at last, causing him to cry out as the blade of her rapier sliced cleanly through the back of his right knee; blood spurted out as he fell, and she quickly locked the tip of her blade into his pommel. His rapier went flying and she pressed her own against his throat. Baring her teeth, she watched as his eyes widened in horror. Oh, yes, he knew what she was - knew it and feared it. He began to beg for his life, now knowing the danger he was in, but she was having none of that.

“I would not stain my teeth with your filth,” she declared in a menacing whisper.

That whisper was like a clock tower’s bell in the dead of night, and so was the sound of her sword cutting slowly through his jugular. He collapsed onto his back, writhing as his blood flowed freely. The ground was drenched in seconds, pooling around him, until he laid still at last - sprawled upon the dirt like some kind of garbage thrown away without a second thought. She spat upon his fresh corpse and turned away. Drawing in all the breath that she could muster, she raised her head to the sky and let out a long, low howl that was as chilling as it was mournful. Then she lowered her eyes to the shuddering manservant before her, a husband on paper only more than a century ago. Now he was but her eternal man, fearful of her (and rightfully so) enough that he was willing to do whatever she commanded him to. That was as it should be. She glanced at her other manservant, a man she had turned after freeing him from the Bastille even longer ago (if only by a few years); he was loyal because of that, and his loyalty had a surprising amount of stamina. Her eyes flicked back to the first one as he spoke.

”Shall…shall I dispose of the body, m’lady?”

She shook her head ever so slightly.

“No,” she replied quietly.

She turned her head toward the silent figures now picking their careful way through the trees. Their yellow eyes glowed in the night and their fangs glistened as they reflected the limited light of the moon.

“My friends will take care of that.”

There was no smile that graced her lips but the satisfaction and fondness for the timber wolves that now set hungrily upon the body was obvious. Lucien recovered the blade and approached her; she turned and handed over her own rapier to him for safe-keeping. There was no need for it now. She could have torn the man apart but she was no savage, no wild beast, no monkey with a complete lack of self-control.

”To the carriage, then,” Lucien declared.

“Yes,” she said, nodding. “To the carriage.”

Lothaire hurried to open the carriage door for her when they reached the road but Lucien was already there. He held her hand as she stepped up into it. She asked that he take only the better roads, as she cared more about her rear end than she did the time.

”Of course, m’lady,” Lucien replied before closing the carriage door.

The men boarded, Lucien took up the reigns after passing the blades to Lothaire, and a quick snap sent the horses off into the night. It took some time for them to arrive as the fog rolled slowly in, giving the pristine crimson carriage an eerie look. When they arrived at last, there was a man waiting outside to tend to the horses as need be but Lucien waved him away. Lothaire quickly opened the door and held his mistress’ hand as she disembarked, steadying her as was customary. He closed the door and was told by Lucien to deal with the carriage. The swords he had cleaned while riding, and so he simply placed them behind the driver’s seat.

When she walked into the party, she unfastened her cloak and Lucien took it from her. He bowed respectfully and went on his way. Among the party-goers now stood a baroness of some note in her homeland, although here, she was merely an opera-goer and the owner of a small theatre that was gradually making a name for itself. She was greeted by the wife of a local tailor of some renown and smiled as she was complimented on the cameos that she wore. She soon excused herself to have a drink. Her favorite red wine was served here. She had already fed tonight - so had her manservants - and so she was merely drinking to enjoy herself. Her teeth were now hidden in the covered pockets of her gums that concealed them, thus making her appear no more odd or unusual than anyone else herein.

“Barkeep,” she stated, “a glass of Roscato, if you please.”

She turned her head as she heard a popular local tale being told. Ah, she had crossed that bridge of which the man spoke. Was she to have escaped some spectral cavalryman, then? She smirked slightly at the notion, though she said nothing. While the supernatural was certainly a reality in the world, she hardly believed in murderous ghosts obsessed with taking the heads of others in search for their own.

I Play
R=Romance, TG=Transgender; first letter indicates my preference.
It is extremely rare that I will play a canon; my preference is for OCs.
Note that romance must be part of a story, not the story as a whole.

M/M, M/M/R, F/F, F/F/R, M/F, F/M
TGM/M, TGM/M/R, TGM/TGM, TGM/TGM/R, TGM/F

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology
HP, HP/AU, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Star Wars, Supernatural (G), X-Men, X-Men/AU
Egyptian/M, Greek/M, Chinese/M, Japanese/M, Norse/M

I am so tired of people telling me that tragedy is cliché and that I need to come up with a happy history for my characters. Tragedy is exactly what the word implies. However, what is born of tragedy can be beautiful; emotional; powerful; meaningful; and necessary for the development of a well-built character that’s deeper than a name, a face, a set of powers, and a utility belt. Tragedy in itself is not a story or a character; a story that includes tragedy, however, can be a character so epic that your ancestors rise from their graves to weep, to cheer, or to forever cry out to the heavens and curse those that would stand against xir.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:50 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Micky sighed as he took a sip from his whiskey, after less then a minute standing there a woman walked up beside him and asked for some wine. Which he only laughed softly at, before he looked to her. "While, I could guess that vampires would like such a dark wine. Like blood I guess." He said, before he looked around and jumped the bar suddenly. "Seeing as the bartender is gone, let's find you that wine."

It was clear that the young werewolf knew more about the supernatural world then he would let go, as well as he loved to cause trouble. But the last part is more obvious then the first.

As Micky looked around the bar for the wine he started to talk to the older vampire. "So, I'm sure you are aware that I am not a human. Vampires have a good sence of smell, almost as good as mine." He winked at the woman, before he dropped behind the bar and stood back up. "Ahh here we go, your Roscato."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:02 pm 

While debated the word “almost”, had to concur with the lycanthropic mongrel before her. Well, no, mongrel wasn’t exactly the right word…not completely, anyway. But it was what many of her kind had often believed throughout the millennia. In the Carpathian Mountains in particular, they had formed a rather large pack; they were elusive and liked to toy with the vampires that inhabited the area, yet they had never caused the woman addressing this particular werewolf any trouble and she saw no reason to cause them any trouble as a result. Oh, there had been conflicts in the past, certainly; what few wars had been waged between vampires and werewolves had been violent, bloody, brutal, savage - the very essence of war incarnate on a level no mortal would ever understand.

“Some of my people would call you a mongrel,” she said aloud in a casual tone.

She continued just as nonchalantly after a moment’s pause.

“Your kind can be useful, however. You’re incredible trackers.”

It was clear from her words that while she might or might not agree with the use of the term to describe werewolves, she certainly didn’t need to treat his kind as such. There was no reason to dirty relations between them, especially when he’d so kindly decided to fetch her wine. What sort of barkeep, she wondered, did not keep the bar? At least Roscato was stocked. And the werewolf was right: the colour was as dark as blood and the flavour was almost as delicious.

“Busy night?” she inquired, making conversation.

I Play

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology
HP, HP/AU, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Star Wars, Supernatural (G), X-Men, X-Men/AU

I am so tired of people telling me that tragedy is cliché and that I need to come up with a happy history for my characters. Tragedy is exactly what the word implies. However, what is born of tragedy can be beautiful; emotional; powerful; meaningful; and necessary for the development of a well-built character that’s deeper than a name, a face, a set of powers, and a utility belt. Tragedy in itself is not a story or a character; a story that includes tragedy, however, can be a character so epic that your ancestors rise from their graves to weep, to cheer, or to forever cry out to the heavens and curse those that would stand against xir.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:33 pm 

2nd Year (1)

"Some of my people would call you the same, but that doesn't mean we can't have a nice chat." He smiled, pouring the woman a drink before he passed it to her. "And yes, the barkeep is busy to night, he has the not just stand here but also go around and get orders from people." The werewolf said, before walking out from behind the bar, back to his seat beside the woman.

Micky then took another sip of his whiskey. "You know, our two races have had a long bloody history. Yet it was a rich history that he didn't have to share with the humans as they were scared of us. Yet as the years have gone on we have only come stories and we have to play by here rules now.. If the two races came together we could easily over throw any government.." He looked to the woman, he was only joking. Vampires and Werewolves working together would be like the English empire willing to give up one of there countries.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:45 pm 

She snorted in derision. A mongrel was a dog. Vampires controlled canines; they weren’t canine themselves. The term simply didn’t apply to them, however apt a name it might be for werewolves. But this was a party, and the werewolf had a point: there was no reason for them not to have a pleasant chat. She schooled her features as she turned to the man now seated. Tasting the wine, she listened as he spoke about their history. She almost sneered when he mentioned working together…almost.

If anything, vampires would keep werewolves as their attack dogs and pets - not allies. If there was a war to overthrow the mortal species of the world, the vast majority of their food supply would die. Who, then would they turn to? The wolves? Their blood was to them what drinking sour milk was to a mortal. And if they won without wiping them out, they would have to breed the mortals like animals; that would create a disgusting new regime, although the idea that they were little more than cattle was one that had certainly crossed the minds of both vampires and werewolves alike more than a few times.

Jest or not, she doubted the werewolf before her had that much forethought.

“Break the chains and rise up against the masters?” she said sarcastically. “How bold. Or would it be simple madness?”

She took another sip of her wine, letting the thought hang.

I Play

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:09 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Anastasia smiled as she excused herself from everyone and moved to where she saw Orion disappear. She moved past everyone and followed Julianna where she saw Orion telling a story to the children in the room. She shivered softly as she heard the name the Headless Horseman. She had heard about it from an old wives tale but never thought anything of it. But for some reason she had a feeling that she would soon be proven wrong.

Anastasia cleared her throat as she stepped behind Orion.
"Uh excuse me... But I wanted to return this to you. I believe Micky had pick pocketed you." She looked up a bit sheepishly at the handsome man. She always got nervous around handsome people.

Evangeline rolled her eyes as Micky said something about jealousy. She saw that Vesna had arrived and scooted towards her.
"Talking about becoming allies with the mutts?" She snorted softly at her joke as she took a sip of her wine.

My Character's