All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Story ideas [Reopened]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:36 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Welcome to the grand reopening of this thread. (Well.. grand.. Let's just say I'm very cheerful :D)
I've been away for quite a while, lots of stuff happened but as things are right now, I've got time, energy and inspiration again to rp! So hereby I happily reopen it for all whom are interested in a roleplay.

Before I get started on the ideas, some side notes:
-I try to reply as fast as I can, but real life will get in the way, and thus sometimes, you'll simply have to wait longer. If I think it'll take longer than a week, I will try to inform you on time. This also means I am relaxed about when you decide to post.
-Sometimes I translate things too boldly as I am not a native English speaker, but I actively try to improve my English. And regarding the post lengths, I always aim for creating a decent length so there is enough to reply to. I hope you'll do the same :)
-The ideas noted can be changed :) Feel free to suggest changes to it, as they are only meant as starters for a story. Feel free to suggest your own ideas or story lines.
-If you like a story idea, but doubt Alpha is for you, contact me :)

I'll probably be adding more ideas as they come, but here are the first ones:
New ideas January 2017:
The world of Etrea
A mystical setting in the early Mid Ages. In this version of the world humans coexist with creatures. Some creatures mingle fully with humans, others live separately. In this day and age Guilds are very important, the guild one belongs too, often decides how worthy a person is.
From this scene our characters come.
For ages there has been this prediction that at the end of the 13th cycle of the Bak'tun two would arise and unleash the inevitable apocalypse of the 22nd cycle. Though many try to laugh the prediction off, most dare not deny the truth of the prediction. It has caused tensions between guilds to stir up, some already blaming others for the end of all times.
Due to some unforeseen event our two characters will become the apocalypse bringers and as they are so, they will reappear in the future, in what we would call the here and now.
With only each other to trust and the burden of the prediction upon their shoulders, they will have to find a way out together. In these strange new lands there is no one they can trust for sure. Their own factions, or what they have become after so many cycles passed, are chasing after them as well. What was mere seconds for them, has made them into legends. Who is really set on trying to prevent the apocalypse... and who just want to capture the legends for their own interests?

More new ideas will be added shortly.

Older ideas:
-Lately it has been awfully quiet in the criminal world. It is feared that this is the calm before the storm and thus two persons are send out to investigate the matter. How this story develops further is completely free. It could be that they both stalk Mafia members, that they sneak into the buildings to check out what's going on or that they join the Mafia undercover. Perhaps they are secretly preparing to overthrow the government. Maybe they have encountered an alien life form and are they now extracting and using its knowledge to create cutting-edge technology which could possibly change the whole world? Many different things are possible!

-A supernatural being (or gifted human) is one of the Mafia's top assassins. It is sent out on a mission to dispose of a target, but unfortunately, this target accidentally discovers 'inhuman' side of the assassin and manages to gather proof, thus threatening the assassin that it'll tell everyone about the assassin's secret. Fearing for how others might respond, the assassin does what the target demands. This might lead to funny demands and strange situations, slowly causing the two to become friends for example. And then one could always "accidentally" let the Mafia know what's going on, because the target hasn't been slain as ordered and then cause a lot of trouble for both characters.

-a creature is being hunted by several organizations, which could be for numerous reasons. (Perhaps it's because of its inhuman qualities, perhaps the creature stole something important, perhaps it knows something or they think it knows something it shouldn't know, ....) One of the hunters manages to capture the creature, but in doing so, it becomes the hunter's task to protect the creature from the other hunters, until the creature is brought back to the base of the organization. Eventually the hunter starts to doubt about its mission, maybe through friendship, through discovering the organization has lied, by doubting the ethics of the situation.. And so the story could take a completely different turn.

-There has been an outbreak of a deadly virus, causing an apocalyptic scenery. In attempt to fight off this virus and to keep safe areas safe, the government has developed a test which shows whether someone is infected with the virus. The government is actively hunting to test people, and once tested, they are registered into the system (perhaps even tagged in a certain way). If the test shows one is infected, they have a kill policy to prevent any spreading of the virus. However, there are a few side notes to this story. The deadly virus is only deadly for humans. Mutated humans and non-humans are actually perfectly save from the virus. If they get infected, it just stays dormant in them, though they are capable of infecting humans. And another side note, the test to point out whether someone is infected or not, also reveals non-humans. So aside from a deadly virus quickly cutting the numbers of the humans, the humans also discover there are non-humans among them. As the human numbers are declining, this gives quite some tension between the humans and non-humans. This could evolve into a war. But even if it stays 'peace', who'll protect the non-humans? Why would the humans keep them alive, when the non-humans can carry the virus without showing it?
I would suggest having this last story in a slightly futuristic setting.

-A person accidentally summons a creature/person from a different age or a different place (/dimension/world/ etc). This creature could for example be bound to the person thanks to the used spell, in case of a demon for example. But the two could also stay together because the creature/person simply doesn't know the culture or technology in this world. (the technology could either be advanced or primitive compared to what the creature/person is used to) It could also be that the person who accidentally summoned the creature/person fears for what might happen if people saw the person/creature and that they'd discover that he/she summoned it. (summoning could happen by magic, by accident or by technology, whichever you'd like)

So... is anyone interested in a 1×1 with one of these stories or perhaps with a different twist to it? :)

Last edited by Phoenix on Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Story ideas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:03 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I'm interested in the hunted rp and the accidental summoning rp. I strictly play females and somewhat like romance in my 1x1's... Would this be a problem for you?

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:25 pm 

That's no problem at all. I mostly play male characters, though I have females too if needed. I don't mind some romance in the story.
Would you like to have two separate topics, or shall we try to make one story out of the two? And do you have role preferences? (hunter/hunted, summoner/summoned)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:40 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Hm... I think two different topics would be cool. And I don't care which one I get. I usually let the thread author choose what they want first. I do pretty much anything.

My Character's

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:50 am 

Alrighty. Then I'll choose the summoner and the hunted. I'll make the threads. Would you like to have OOC threads too?

Edit:
First topic, Trick the Trickster
Second topic, ,,It's just a shadow''

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:21 pm 

If you are interested, the Virus one could be interesting. I also would not mind the Summoner/Summoned one, but that seems to be taken, if you are looking to run another story. With the Virus one, how are you looking to play? I tend to lean more towards... evil characters then good ones, but can play both exceptionally well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:50 am 

Whichever you'd like most, we can do that one. Since stories always end up differently when played by different persons, I don't mind playing 'the same story' with several people.
Regarding the Virus story: I can play both good and evil, depending on which fits the story better. If you wish to play the evil side, then that's fine :)
Which side of the story would you like to play then, the government part, or perhaps a group of nonhumans gathering to take revenge?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:47 pm 

I was thinking of being a member of the military. Following orders, gunning down those that bleep positive or in-human. Not evil so much, as believing it is for the greater good to wipe out these creatures.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:04 pm 

Ah, that gives several wonderful options. I like that idea. How about giving your militant a slightly sadistic co-worker, who is completely against those in-human creatures (only to later reveal he is actually one of them and he has been meddling with tests to prove to others that he'd be human). We could have them in one of the units that actively hunt to check and 'control' the situation, if you'd like.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:07 pm 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Supporter (3) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (16)

The criminal one sounds good... there's a lot of potential there.

Although, what are your thoughts on kind of turning it on it's head. So that the criminals have infiltrated the investigators, and they're the ones sent out, so they're like moles so to speak, but for the bad rather than the good?

Just a suggestion though!

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:26 pm 

So, in this mirrored way, would it have been awfully quiet from the government and police, hardly tracking down any criminal activities lately, making the criminal organizations unsure about what's going on, and they infiltrate the investigators to find out what's going on? It would be logical for them to fear/doubt then, if it's so quiet and calm, that the government/police is preparing for a huge action against them. Is that what you mean?
Or do you mean that most of the story remains the same, but criminals that infiltrated the police/government are actually those who are send out to investigate their own organizations?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:34 pm 

Well I originally meant the second idea, however, I think a mixture of both.
So in the sense that the police/govt think it's been super quiet, and haven't been interested in criminal activity, and thus the criminals think that the police/govt are up to something, so there for send in spies, whom are there for a few weeks/months prior to them sending out the investigators unknown to the police/govt that they're being double crossed because the Rookie investigators they've sent out, are actually the spies that were sent in to infiltrate the police to begin with. And then maybe both sides end up being double crossed by the criminals/agents because they have their own hidden agendas?
Or is that way too over complicating things?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:21 pm 

Ehm.. I think I'll read that again in the morning xD

Edit: I reread it several times, but sorry it's too complicated for me to grasp what you mean there exactly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:38 pm 

Sorry, I was away for a while... I'd still be up for writing with you .. and I'll try and explain myself better.

So. Things are quiet, the criminals get a bit concerned, so they send in spies into the police/govt divisions. Things are going smoothly for a while, then the Police/Govt realize that the crime rate has drastically dropped in the last couple of weeks, so worry something big is going on. They send the rookies out onto the field as undercover cops (unaware that they're actually sending the criminals undercover which were undercover as rookies) Then BOTH the govt/Police and Criminals get double crossed by the rookies/undercovers because they had their own hidden agenda?

If not, then we can just do it as a one-way thing and see where it goes from there?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:50 pm 

Don't worry about it.. I just returned after months.. Now and then I'm such a scatterbrain ._. Forgot the existence of this site...

Anyhow, thank you. That explains it better. I'd like to try that. Do you already have a specific character in mind for this?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:27 pm 

I have returned

Hello, are you still looking for people too RP with? Cause a lot of my the RP's I'm in have recently dropped and I need some stuff to do. I quite like the third and fourth option, with the creature and humans stuck together. You chose which one, but I really need more writing to do.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:50 pm 

Hello there :)
Sure, I don't mind another RP. I'd choose the fourth one then, as I already have the third one in a few topics.
Would you like to play the creature or the hunter? Do you have any specific preferences for the story?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:35 pm 

I have returned

Creature, and two preferences.
One, we start out with the creature in the box, that way I can do a dramatic reveal. Two, not all hunters want too catch him alive.

Also, we need to make a realistic reason why some people would want him alive and others dead. I suggest he has true magic, and those who want him alive it's for study, living weapon, or infinite energy. Those who want him dead are so others don't have him, assassination contract, or because they're religious fanatics and he's an abomination to God or something. We could also throw in a "Kraven the Hunter" as a reoccurring Hunter. Your thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:41 am 

Good morning. Recently all my rps have stopped due to real life so Iam branching out to get more going while waiting for others. Figured I would branch out from The Cave and see what else I could find.

I like the assassin idea that could be lots of fun and have plenty of blackmail. Lol. I can play either male or female, been forever since I played a female and got a couple of males in cave rps, so I willlet you pick if your interested.

Just a side note... i cant do same sex relationships romantically, same sex friendship is fine though. And no rape please. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:11 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Hi again Phoenix! I would be interested in actually starting a whole new rp with you. :) I also want to continue our Trick the Trickster rp as well, that is if you still want too :)

My Character's