All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:27 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Let's spread positivity, shall we?

We already have a thread for the pet peeves, and we all have many, which is normal.
But I'm pretty sure we all have those 'winning' moments, when we feel we got so lucky with our partner, a roleplay, or the roleplaying world in general.
So, why not share those happy moments here?
You can gush all over great partners, great roleplays, or just share your general happiness.

I will start with a big, big one of my wins:

When you meet that partner you click with so well it seems like you read each other's minds. I have one like this at the moment in Mr. Marco, whom I'm writing a Beta 1 x 1 with.

Share yours!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:51 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Finally being able to push that favorite character through a different stage of development.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:27 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Being able to submerge myself into the character and feel what they feel, think what they think and live through them while I write their post. So much awesome.

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:31 pm 

Sort of back.

Being able to simply develop my character as I go, without having to worry about making a detailed character sheet.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:20 am 

Depressingly Melancholy

My biggest win was having a roleplay that lasted a decade to properly end like a great book.

I can hear what you're thinking, all your doubts and fears. And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find the reason I'm here. And in time all things shall pass away in time, you may come back someday. You know your days are numbered. Count them one by one. Like notches in the handle of an outlaw's gun. You can outrun the devil if you try, but you'll never outrun the hands of time. In time, there'll surely come a day in time, all things shall pass away. In time, you may come back, some say. To live once more or die once more, but in time, your time will be no more.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:40 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Similar to Ghost's, though it only lasted about a year, went through 4 chapters and ended rather nicely.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:19 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Actually finishing a thread for the very first time, with the promise of more threads for that character, was pretty damn awesome.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:01 pm 

As a GM, when one of your RP compatriots puts an unexpected amount of dedication and thought into something they do in the RP in reaction to something you've devised for them.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:21 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

FINALLY GETTING AN RP STARTED AFTER A MONTH OF PLANNING AND PUTTING EVERYTHING TOGETHER

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:22 pm 

Sort of back.

Eggs wrote:
FINALLY GETTING AN RP STARTED AFTER A MONTH OF PLANNING AND PUTTING EVERYTHING TOGETHER

Yasssssss! I'm totes creeping.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:08 am 

http://mcpainty.corgiorgy.com/

That moment when someone picks up on all of your subtle hints and foreshadowing and uses them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:33 am 
Savior

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)

When you don't even have to worry about the interest check getting interest.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:43 pm 

Sort of back.

When your partner not only allows you, but asks you to, fade to black before things get awkward.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:47 pm 

Medals: 2
Most Helpful Member (1) Contest Winner (1)

McPainty wrote:
That moment when someone picks up on all of your subtle hints and foreshadowing and uses them.

So much this. What a dream team.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:55 pm 

I haven't been here for all that long so I can't really give any props to anyone here. Crimson has been fun to write with so far but the rp is still young.

So I'd like to throw one out to an old partner of mine from another site that's no longer among the world of the living. She was an excellent writer. The kind of partner that made you want to pull out a thesorious to find new words to use. Always challenging you to write more, or be more descriptive. You waited on the end of your seat for her to post and got mad when there wasn't something there to read when you came online.

Unfortunately her life was filled with pain. She suffered from a Malay of ailments that made her life too difficult to bear and decided to take her own life a year or so ago.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:36 am 

Commissions closed, will announce reopening!

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (23)

Seeing a completely different perspective or translation of a canon character from a fandom I'd never thought of before.

Learning new vocabulary and being pushed to want to do more, better, by a more experienced writer.

People who leave honest and helpful critiques on my roleplay writing.

Finishing filling out a super long, detailed character sheet, including drawing art, for an OC of mine I've been working hard on developing.

Being asked questions about my OCs on why they are a certain way so I can think about the questions and develop my characters further.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:46 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

I posted something for the first time in like weeks today. It felt so damn good to get something done.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:00 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

When timezones and mood align perfectly to allow me to rapidfire with my partner - happens rarely, always feels great!

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:50 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

When you just get in the zone. You don't exist, only your character does. You're telling their story from their eyes, and you see how much they love or loathe the character they're interacting with. Words fly out of your fingers so fast that you don't even pay attention to the time.

Also, writing with a person who loves to build the inner world of the roleplay. It's one of my favourite things to do, when rapid-fire ideas are shot across about plot, setting, and character relationships.

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:25 pm 

Cotton wrote:
When you just get in the zone.

What she said!

Being acknowledged for some of the small things that I try to incorporate, that are important to me, but that I expect others may not care dip about.

Playing "muse" -- having helped others overcome writer's block, or encouraging other writers whose confidence level was below their actual ability, for some reason.

There was also a very nice, unexpected, complement from someone who was probably my favorite writing partner, heretofore.

-Heather Nova, Winter Blue

Hawkgirl: "Standard interrogation technique. I was bad cop."
Superman: "You're always bad cop."
Hawkgirl: "Why play against type?"
Urd: "I'll just be Santa's little helper...so to speak."