All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:15 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

As well as joining an excisting RP I'm looking to set one up myself, so I'd like to do an Interest check. =D

BHOdyssey is pretty loose since I'm still considering multiple races and/or androids,
      the level of technology and so forth, but I'll probably stick to a more humanoid crew.
      When Night Falls is more of a finished product, though I am willing to chance information.
      Both Ideas revolve around a simular Galaxy set-up.

BHOdyssey.
      When Night Falls.

I welcome all suggestions~!!! and may or may not succumb to peer pressure ^_^
      Oh by the way, feel free to post in this thread.

Last edited by Loralyda on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: I-Check: BHOdyssey.
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:18 pm 

Introduction:
        Much has changed over the years, the many, as well as the few. Some planets and space stations thrive beyond expectations, others are ruled by war and famine. The alliance, once founded to protect and serve, now merely sits by and only tends to its own needs. Job's are hard to come by and more than most consist out of long hours and poor pay. It shouldn't come as a surprise that people search for alternatives and the BHOdyssey harbors such a chance. The retrieval of wanted items or people, bounty hunting dangerous criminals and scavenging abandoned spacecrafts. In short, let me warn you for the job of a mercenary is a dangerous one,- and least of all legal by alliance law,- but damn the pay is good!

Ship and its Crew:
        In short the BHOdyssey (B.H. Odyssey as it is spelled upon the ship) is a mercenary ship. The longer version; it's not just any spaceship. Its engines are powerful enough to launch the vessel into hyperspace, the outer hull of the ship protected by the latest Ion Shielding and defense artillery that would make most seasoned ships creak in fear.

The BHOdyssey works under its own laws, this means that neither the ship nor its crew aligns itself with any political or military party, which in turn means that operations may or may not be legal depending on the situation, and unless employed, it will not receive immunity nor protection.

The crew will practically be living upon the BHOdysey, which means that each member has his or her own cabin (look at Upper Deck). Most crew members are required to have their own customized space suits (personally funded). Nonetheless, the ship does carry additional space and explorational suits/gear. In addition, it also carries a worker ship and a fighter jett.

Being a mercenary ship, the BHOdyssey mainly focusses upon retrieval, bounty hunting and scavenging, as such there is a need for (specialized) combat trained personnel and so on. To keep the ship and its crew operational there is also need for a mechanic, a pilot and of course a doctor.

Ship: Front / Back.
        Lay-out: Upper Deck / Lower Deck.
    The Galaxy:
      The RP will take place within several galactic systems that have core and viable rim planets, as well as mining and space stations. (You are free to make up and describe the planet or station your character comes from.) Upon most worlds and stations the main languages are English and Chinese, but this does not mean that they are the only ones. Several planets have a bastardization of the one or two with asian, french and german influences, if not, a completely new language all together.

The Alliance
      The Alliance was formed to provide protection and political diplomacy in order to prevent war between the planets and galactic systems. Over the years the Alliance has begun to fall from its original cause. It has become a force no one likes to mess with. Their operations have grown more secretive as they tightened their grasp upon the reigns, making it clear that they are the prime rulers of the Galactic systems instead. Diplomacy has grown scarce as the army officials have grown accustomed to beating down any possible threat.

The Technology:
      Naturally technology has changed over the years, there are guns with solid ammo, laser guns and so on. Since it is the future you're free to let your imagination run wild while describing your weapon, but don't go overboard, no zapping people with your eyes. If you decide to create a whole new technology like steam-guns or something, please run it through everyone in the OOC thread first. The technology regarding spacecrafts has advanced phenomenally, there is hyperspeed, ion shielding, artificial gravity. Medically there are cryonics-based systems and cybernetic implants/limbs, but there is still no instant cure for any ailment or injury.

Possible References:
      Movies and series: Serenity, Firefly and Dark Matter.

Roleplay Created:
      Currently accepting profiles here [★]

Last edited by Loralyda on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:45 pm 

Introduction:
        Michael turned his head at the shouts of the guards. It was his first time on the elder planet and it wasn’t half as beautiful as he had expected it to be. No, it's beauty went even beyond his wildest dreams. There were colors he did not even think had any names. Flowers that smelled so appealing he didn't even know whether he wanted to keep them in his pockets forever or to simply devour them right then and there.

It wasn't until the shadow reached over the mountains, like a tidal wave hovering over the shore, that he frowned at the sight. "what's that?" The question had passed his lips even before it had settled within his mind. The flowers he had been examining closed hurriedly, turning their colors inwards and leaving them grey and dull to the eye. It was as if they were trying to blend in with the advancing shadows.

Michael jumped up from his crouched position, eyeing the guard that had grabbed his shoulder with a bewildered look as if he had expected to find some weird creature to be chewing on his arm. "And past blue skies, Nightfall awaits." The guard nodded at the advancing black skies. "That is Nightfall... And believe me when I say that you do not want to get stuck outside of the cities walls when it gets here."

Information:
        The Earth was dying. Having all but used up as much of our mother planet as we could, she had finally stopped being able to provide for us. We were on our own, forced to search the stars for another home. Our first colony ship left Earth in 2143 to land on what we now call the Elder Planet. It was a strange world orbiting a binary star, whose surface - though nearly three times larger than our old Earth's - was only habitable on a mere 10 percent of it; the rest consisting of vast oceans, and jungles so densely thick and overgrown, they extended for nearly half a mile above the ground.

It was from there that we launched four more colonies on more distant worlds, each more exciting than the last. To protect the interest of these new colonies and all that lived there, an alliance was formed. The discovery of the "gateways" gave us a way to trade between these new colonies. The Elder Planet became a hub, a mere port between our old mother Earth and the new worlds. But with time, even the Elder would come to waste.

After years of serving as a gateway to the new worlds, the Elder planet's single city has grown old and overpopulated. Its people share what limited space and resources they have, often in abject poverty. Crime is high in the streets, and the colony has become a breeding ground for mercenaries, pirates, and thieves. With the old world nearly empty, the Alliance no longer has much interest in the Elder planet, and has moved the militia away from its perimeters; leaving it without support, and turning a blind eye to its fate. But this is not the worst of Elder city's problems.

From outside the city's high walls, built long ago to protect it from a vicious native species, strange things have begun to happen. The overpopulation doesn't seem that important an issue any more...

When contact is lost with the Elder planet, your character is hired, among a team of elites, to retrieve information and try to re-establish contact with the Elder world. But, upon your arrival, you realize everything is not what it seems. And getting back might not be so easy...

The Elder Planet:
    The Elder Planet, VT-24 of Galactic Sector Beta-5, was never given a proper name, as it was only meant to be inhabited temporarily due to its harsh climate. It was chosen primarily because of its proximity to the Gateways, that allowed for rapid movement of colonists to the Alliance colonies. It was given the nickname in recent years by scientists who noted it was older than Earth.

Time Frame. | +
    Due to its size and rotation, the Elder Planet has a 30 hour day, as opposed to Earth's 24. The Elder Planet's largest moon, referred to as Alpha, is actually another planet, knocked from its orbit into a path around the Elder in almost perfect synch with the Elder's rotation. Because its surface is covered in iridescent desert whose sands reflect nearly 30% of the light cast on it, there is no complete darkness during most of the year. The "night" lasts about 8 hours, during which the dark side of Elder Planet experiences a period of half-light, instead of a real night. Only once every 112 years does a period of true night time occur, as the axis of the Elder tilts so that Alpha begins a total eclipse. During this decade or so, the days grow shorter and the dim cycles longer; at the climax of the total eclipse, the skies go completely black for fourty days straight, and then the cycle begins to reverse.
    Climate and Vegitation. | +
    Because most of the landmasses on the Elder planet are elongated and stretched out across vast oceans, the majority of the planet shares a very humid tropical climate, with average temperatures between 30 and 45*C for most of the day and cooler temperatures during half-light (between 20 and 30*C). During the 'true night' cycle temperatures start to drop significantly, at the end of true night temperatures would have dropped below freezing. Much of the planet is covered in dense, overgrown tropical rainforest whose canopies stretch almost a mile above the forest floor in some areas. Because of the dense air and humidity fires are nearly impossible except in the upper layers, so the plant life continues to grow with very little check; some species that inhabit the Elder are primarily herbivorous, and live in the middle to upper layers where the climate is cooler, and the air easier to breathe. Though little direct sunlight reaches the forest floor, temperatures can sometimes exceed 45*C there during the hottest part of the day because the air is so thick and humid, so special care must be taken while exploring to avoid dehydration.

The Alliance has taken some interest in the vegetation of the Elder planet. Because of its sheer variety of plant species, there have been discovered a number of plants with great potential for advanced medical uses.
    Nightfall. | +
    Nightfall is feared within the city and most often used in legends to scare people because most native creatures on the Elder Planet are night time predators. Also, Nightfall tends to fall quickly instead of gradually, changing day into night in but a few minutes. For good reason no one is allowed to leave the city when its dark.
    Native Creatures. | +
    The Elder Planet's wildlife consists primarily of insects, birds, and mammalian creatrues that spend much of their lives in the mid-levels of the canopy. The Elder's dominant life forms, however, are very large reptillian creatures known locally as Gyeth. A Gyeth's life span is well over 200 years, over which time they can grow to as large as twenty feet in length and ten feet tall. Their longevity is a product of their incredibly slow metabolism, and very low rate of genetic adaptation. Due to their large size and the climate of the forest floor, they spend most of the daylight and even half light hours completely motionless and often half-burrowed in the sand. The first settlers mistook them for bizarre rock formations at first, until they discovered the rocks moved and breathed (just very very slowly).

The only time the Gyeth move are to hunt briefly during the few hours of real night (this often consists of knocking down a tree or two and eating what falls out of it), to eat its primary diet of a special fern that supplies it with most of its nutrients and immunities, and to mate - which happens only once every century or so, during the true night period.

The species fern they base their diet around was of special interest to biologists on the Elder, for its role in providing such large creatures as the Gyeth with most of their nutrition and immune system needs. It was studied in laboraties, and genetically altered for use in humans, allowing the people of the Elder planet to fight off many of the natural pathogenic diseases. Unfortunately, the genetically altered crop managed to escape from its facility, and breed in the wild.

Gyeth who eat the altered fern have begun to undergo strange and rapid mutations, many of which include an intense spike in their metabolism. To counteract this, they have become more relentless hunters, and as true night approaches, they are growing stronger and more restless. Already, they have found ways into the colony, and are now hunting humans. The Elder City's population is dwindling rapidly, and unless something is done, will soon be a mere page in the history books.

The City
    [x] [x] The city is overpopulated, houses were build on top of each other due to lack of space and they're badly kept. Because of the lack of alliance control and wealth, it has become a breeding ground for mercenaries, pirates, and thieves. Amongst the community the Alliance is not gladly received, in fact; it's both feared and hated -equally as much as the thugs- by the natives.

City Walls. | +
    [x] The fifty feet high wall has been build out of Etnium, a solid alloy about ten times stronger than earths steel. It was made in order to protect the city from the planets original inhabitants. Enforced by Electricity the wall has been a successful barrier for over hundreds of years. Around the city they dug trenches/canals, which were later used as a dump site for the cities sewers.
    Alliance Facilities. | +
    [x]The Alliance Facilities are located north of the city, they were build in what the Alliance believes to be a sleeping vulcano or old crater. It was established that because of the altitude only a few of the planets natural organisms would reside up there. Simply due to the difference in temperature. The facilities are divided in five different cells; The bridge, which is the main communication center, everything that happens on the planet will go through there. The environmental research labs, the biological research labs, the armory and loading docs and lastly the cafeteria and sleeping quarters.

The Galaxy:
    The Alliance was formed to provide protection and political diplomacy to prevent war between the planets. They used to be stationed upon each planet within the Galactic system in order to serve as a defense against alien assaults.

Over the years the Alliance has began to fall from it's original cause. It has become a force no one likes to mess with. Their operations have grown more secretive as they tightened their grasp upon the reigns, making it clear that they are the prime rulers of the Galactic system instead.

Diplomacy has grown scarce as the army officials have grown accustomed to beating down any possible threats. Lately and for more reasons than they dare to make public, they have abandoned their stations upon the Elder Planet, leaving it -in their words- to the mercenary's, pirates and outcasts who form a threat to the safety of the public and other planets.

The Planets. | +
    Within the Galactic Beta sectors one to eleven there are six planets who are or have been inhabited by the human race.

Earth.
    Earth is located in Galactic sector one. It no longer contains a suitable environment that could sustain human life.

The Elder Planet.
    The Elder planet is located in Galactic sector Five.
    Because of it's climate it was never meant to be much more than a pit-stop between Earth and whatever new planet could be reached from there. Nevertheless up till this day it's first and only city is still in use. For more information view the following post: The Elder Planet.

Terra.
    Terra is located in Galactic sector Nine...
    [There are a lot of sand plains on the surface but underground wells and vegitation. One of the richer planets.]

Ignis.
    Ignis is located in Galactic sector eight...
    [Fairly young planet with vulcanic activity.]

Aeris.
    The Aeris is located in Galactic sector four...
    [A sharp lined planet, older than Ignis but not quite as old as The Elder Planet, Terra or Marinus. It has a lot of altitude differences and several monsoons.]

Marinus.
    The Marinus is located in Galactic sector eleven...
    [It's surface consists for 88% out of oceans, therefore most cities have been build under the waters surface.]

Extra:
    Main Goal. | +
    The main objective of the canon team is to find Lianaré Fotress and her research material in order to send these back to Martouf Ankers.
    However the goal of the RP will take a twist somewhere along the way. After all its not only a magnetic field causing the disruption of communication with the Elder Planet.
    And Nightfall is coming.
    A Letter. | +
    Hello ...,

At first I'd like to apologize for my way of contacting you but this is by far the fastest way for me to reach you. My name is Martouf Ankers and I am a politician from the Planet Terra. If you would disregard this letter for that cause I would not blame you but rest assured I have no intentions of handing you over to the Alliance. Frankly, I am in need of your assistance.

At this current time you must be aware that the Alliance has abandoned all their stations upon the Elder Planet. In a hurry might I add. Leaving research material in their wake that could be of importance to the survival of the human race upon each habitable planet.

A friend of mine; Lianaré Fotress was part of one of the research-teams within the alliance facilities, upon the Aliance's departure she decided to stay behind and run some more tests. Recently I have lost contact with her. To be more frank; all contact with the Elder Planet has ceased to exist. Most likely due to a magnetic field caused by the alignment of the planets.

Nonetheless I would ask of you to travel to the Elder Planet in order to retrieve both Linaré Fotress and whatever of her research material you can gather. Naturally you would be rewarded handsomely for your services. In whichever currency you prefer.

With this letter you will find a ticket that will take you to my Terra. There I will be awaiting your arrival to provide you with the necessary information and additional equipment.

Kind Regards,
    Martouf Ankers.
    09.17.286 Terra.

Possible References:
    Movies and series: Chronicles of Riddick, Dune.

Last edited by Loralyda on Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:18 am, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:05 am 

Location: Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair

Sign me up aboard the B.H. Odyssey!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:42 am 

Awesome! =D
Tempted to just setup a thread for it ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:38 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) Adaptive (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Are you looking for a group RP in 'When Night Falls' or 1x1? Also, if it's a group RP, how many people max you're looking for?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:19 pm 

Possibly interested in both of these

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:52 am 

What he said ^^ Both of them are quite interesting. Anything that says 'Riddick' revs my engine.

EDIT

Regarding the images for the BHO is the spire at the top middle of the ship not considered the bridge then?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:42 am 

@ Wildspawn
I'll probably go for a small group with at most about 6 players.
When night falls has a couple of canon jobs though.
Canon setup | +
[x] The Biologist.
Was requested for the mission because of his knowledge of the
plants as well as creatures on the Elder Planet. Which is needed
to find and analize the information they were hired to retrieve.

[x] The Mercenary
The Mercenary was born and raised on the Elder Planet.
He knows his way around the city better than anyone one else,
not to mention he has his contacts, which is usefull to keep a
low profile.

[x] The [Ex] Soldier.
The soldier used to or still works for the alliance, the reason
why he/she accepted the mission is his/her own. Nevertheless
he/she is needed to infiltrate into Alliance territory in order
to retreive the information they need.

[x] Original Characters.
When choosing an original character you are completely free
upon deciding almost everything about your character. However,
when choosing an original character do keep in mind that they
must live within the city upon the Elder Planet and they were not
hired to travel alongside the canon team. You will meet the canon
team after their arrival upon the planet. Which ever relationship
you might have with the the canon characters is also up to you.
Do however keep in mind to discuss such things first.
Unrelated; lovin your avi.
Personally I do not like doing 1v1 though someone might tempt me into it some day.

@ KrymSIX
Awesome, I'd love to have you!

@ Boxagonapus
I looove the chronicles of Riddick < 3333
And I'm not quite sure what it is you mean with 'spire at the top middle'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:44 pm 

If you look at the pictures you supplied on the top middle of the ship there is basically an elevated bridge like this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:26 pm 

Aaaah, I see! You are absolutely correct, I had kind of written it off as a weapons or radar area XB
Now you make me want to redo the entire lay-out !uhh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:16 pm 

Not at all!

I just wasn't sure if you were aware of it or not. Could just serve as the communications array/cluster/viewing deck kind of thing since having the nerve center of your ship as this spindly little spire seems kinda dumb.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:59 pm 

Oh well fancy that. Box piggybacking onto my interests as per usual. It's almost like I sent you a link via chat or something haha.

Quick question about NightFall. Is it possible to have a PC that is like a skilled hunter or something and hunts at night (for badass reasons, like, because it's badass?) Or are we saving night time operations for later/scarier situations.

As for BHOdyssey, yeah, the raised bridge could be on observation deck or something, without messing up your current layout.

Love RPing as mercs.

As a sidenote, if you're looking for an 'armory' of sorts, Box and I found a set of designs that would work perfectly in both settings and have quite a variety.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:40 pm 

@ Boxagonapus
Well true that, it would be kind of a painted target ^0^

@ KrymSIX
Not to bud in or anything, but I thank you sir, for passing on the link~!
Also on When Night Falls: Of course! That is actually an interesting concept.
Generally people are not supposed to be beyond the city's walls at night, but since it's pretty much a poor planet, people do what they can to get by,- that includes leaving the city to hunt in the wild for plants or hides or meat/food,- by all means; Go for it! (if you saw the canon job spoiler I placed for wildspawn earlier, I'd go for an original character and planet native. Also a character like that would be extremely helpful in the RP.) Have you read the info on '★ The Elder Planet' --> 'Native Creatures'?
As for the armory; show me! <3 I was planning on being pretty loose when it comes to weapon designs, specially in BHO, but a referance is always useful!!!

@ Everyone.
Now I'm slightly pondering about whether or not to place these RP's in this Alpha forum or in The Cave (with alpha writing requirements).
(In order to be able to write a bit more gore... because (and I think I stole this quote from Ast:) When you get shot, there's gonna be blood...)
What would you guys prefer?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:59 pm 

http://shockwave9001.deviantart.com/gal ... Industries Has some pretty cool future sci fi designs for weapons. Possibly more suitable for BHOdyssey if NightFall is primarily people who are just scraping enough together to make end's meat, although successeful mercs might have some shiny hardware with them.

I did read some of the native creatures stuff in NightFall, which is why I asked, because it seems like if the big animals are out at night, if you're a hunter and needing to put food on the table for a family or village, it could be a big risk vs reward situation.

As for where to post...I vote The Cave, only because this could be pretty grimdark and I think the visceral aspects of survival horror are sort of necessary, in doses.

Oh, edit question: Since the Gyeth may have become a serious problem, would there be like dedicated teams to deal with Gyeth that break through? (My question is, are there power armored squad roaming the city to kill Gyeth, because Power Armor is kind of sweet. Just kind of.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:20 pm 

Oe there are definately some nice ones in there and the whole point behind nightfall scraping by is that they dont have the cash to buy hightech weaponry. Still, there are several pirate ships that like the planet because there is no proper legal system or government in place to punish them. (Outside their own facilities the alliance has never cared for, nor bothered with the city.) Technically people could rob mercenaries and pirates (not always the safest option) for their contraband.
And yes definately high risk, high reward ^0^
Personally my preferance goes out to the cave a swell X3
The elder planet has more of a 'everyone for themselves' mentality and by the time people really realize what it is that is going on, it'll pretty much be too late. (Besides, anyone with half a brain,- specially the higher ups,- would've already tried to leave now that nightfall is coming.) So no squads to kill Gyeth, however you might be able to stirr up some things with the locals or gangs etc. As for power armor... I am open to suggestions and who knows what we might find in the alliance facilities *wink* (however, it would not be anything major like a mobile suit from gundam wing, but more like the battle suits from Edge of Tomorrow.) ^0^

Last edited by Loralyda on Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:41 am 

Location: Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair

I vote for the Cave as well. I've got an idea for a character who may turn out rather lewd, so cave might be a little safer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:18 pm 

Aight I've decided to fix an OOC thread for BHOdyssey.
Feel free to join me there.

Now I will probably fix a thread for Nightfall as well but that may take me a while ^_^
I'd like to see how much activity there is on this forum, before I commit to a more information heavy setup.