All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:55 pm 

Medals: 2
Most Helpful Member (1) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Daniel knew, the moment his character materialised into the newbie zone, this game would be a place he'd be spending a long, long time in. He'd picked a fairly simple race and class- an Elvhen warrior. His character, whom he'd named Garahel, stood fairly tall and lankey, his features soft, and yet masculine enough to identify as male. He knew he wanted to be a warrior from the get-go, a strong fighter on the front lines, unmatched in prowess. His choice of race made him agile and quick on his feet. Everything he was not in reality. Daniel was paralyzed from the waist down after a skiing accident some years ago. He subsequently missed everything about using his legs.

While every other newbie was off completing the first set of quests, which involved slaying some thieving little goblins, he supposed, Garahel decided to stray from the zone. He was so fascinated with the world, and the ability to walk again was consuming him with wonder. He hadn't even bothered to pick up a weapon yet. The massive trees on either side began to grow more and more dense the further he went, the level one warrior oblivious to the creatures lurking about which could easily overpower him...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:06 am 

Clarissa ran into her sisters apartment the door lock turned as fast as her nervous fingers would let her, the girls from school decided to follow her again bringing there boy toys along it always ended like this her barely out running the taunting dangerous teens. She may have been short but when she was afraid of her things being taken away as they beat her, she could run and fast!
this world was a cruel one her sister was the only one she felt safe around even though the women was hardly around due to traveling with her work, even so a smile crept onto her face as she entered her room placing the new game she bought that morning on her desk changing out of her day clothes finding something more comfortable grabbing her headset, the chip went in and the game took her mind away into the virtual world.
Clarissa smiled gently as she looked around at the world around her, an escape from abusive reality even if for only 5 or so hours at a time quickly she acquired a black cloak hiding her frail looking body it wasn't by choice she frowned quickly making her way to start her quest, the game had glitched giving her a halfing form even though she wanted a half elf.... a halfing ranger with the side class of a rogue wasn't as catchy but sadly she had no choice the matter. Running a hand through her short clean cut white hair Clarissa looked the tree's with Bright Blue eyes sadly realizing she had already found herself lost.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:23 am 

“Where you headed to, newb? Starting zone is that way.”

Garahel turned wildly as another player appeared near his side, mounted atop a tall war steed wearing a colourful coat of arms. It was a high level halfling mage, wearing an assortment of armours gathered no doubt from high level zones. The mage grinned, raising his hand and firing off a spell aimed at his feet. Garahel jumped to evade it, but was dropped to his knees after the second one.

“Dance kid!” he cackled, firing off a fireball that missed his head by the fringe. The impact of hitting the wet soil was sobering, his amber eyes shooting up to the mage. He saw him going for another spell, and instinctively he started pulling away from the attacker using his arms. It gave him pause, the fireball cackling wildly in his palm.

“What are you doing? You can use your legs, stupid,” the mage chortled, shaking his head. Garahel grit his teeth. He wanted to fight him, but he knew he would lose. He shot to his feet and began to run back down the road he came from. The warrior spared a glance back, and in doing so didn’t see the rogue he was on a collision course with. His long limbs became tangled in hers, and they dropped to the ground roughly as a sharp expletive emerged from him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:37 pm 

The quality was in the game amazed Clarissa she enjoyed the nature effects making her feel so much more at home than the large toxic cemented city she had to deal with out side of the game.

Shaking her head she put the comforting feeling aside remembering she was lost "no time for games Riss!" she scolded herself though unable to hold a straight face she cracked a small smile giggling to herself at the horrible pun even if it wasn't intended, out came her map that everyone got at the beginning of the mandatory tutorial. "wow ..." she looked in one direction sighing when she spotting an exit out of the thick tree off in the far distance "I'm so hopeless" Riss moved her hand in one big swift motion to left making the map disappear as she stared to walk moving diagonally past a tree again not paying attention to her surroundings.

A quick panicked screech sounded through the area making the birds scatter, when she turned to the sounds of heavy step she met with a strong warm body crashing into hers sending the tumbling down "o-owwww..." though it was a game she turned up actual pain level up some so she could actually feel things though it wasn't sounding so great at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:37 pm 

“Sorry!” Garahel wheezed out, trying to untangle himself from the other player. They had landed pretty hard on the cobbled road, which was not supposed to hurt so much since it was in-game. He would have to check to make sure his pain receptor was tuned out like it was intended. He rolled away and slowly lifted himself up, his legs shaking a little. He was still not used to them. Sparing a quick glance over his shoulder, he noted that the ganking mage didn't seem interested in following. He leaned over and offered a hand to the rogue, a female, he noted. As he did so, he noted that her level was also low.

“What are you doing out here?” he asked, fully aware he was the last person who ought to be. “The monsters in this area will make a proper lunch out of you.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:50 am 

"s-sorry! so sorry" panicking Clarissa sputtered out her apology as she helped untangle herself from the stranger, she scooted away quickly her head down slightly still feeling this strange pain "note to self check the stupid pain receptor" Clarissa grumbled glancing up at the man hoping her words didn't reach his ears as if it would show some sort of weakness to someone who could very well be untrustworthy, the mans legs gave a slight quiver which was clearly interesting when the seemingly fellow low leveled player looked as though he were a Elvhen warrior though she noticed she chose to stay quiet until a large hand was placed close in front her face interrupting the thoughts invading her mind reluctantly slipping her painfully noticeable tiny hand in his pulling herself up.

"what am I doing? I could ask you the same thing.." she countered in a quiet voice avoiding eye contact as she stood up straight "I was merely exploring that's all" why was she trying to explain herself? Riss felt so silly, turning around so that the man looked at her back instead of her embarrassed hopeless expression "well umm I apologize for not watching where I was going .. I should probably find my way back to the beginning town" she hastened but didn't move.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:49 pm 

"Fair enough. I was exploring, as well. Just got a little over excited, I guess," he scratched behind his head awkwardly. Garahel took notice that she seemed uncomfortable, so he eased up for her sake.

"Don't suppose you'd like to do some questing together? I think we could both do with a little extra strength. I haven't even gotten myself a weapon yet," he spread his hands as if to indicate this fact, a lop-sided smile playing at his gaunt face, "And quite frankly I'm not fond of being ganked, as I've learned." He took the lead, his walk a bit jagged, though it would become natural in due time he reckoned.

"So, where you from? Out there, I mean," he asked, if not only to make small talk. He figured it might be nice making some friends early on to adventure with. He didn't have many friends in real life. Very few people wanted anything to do with him, thinking he would slow them all down. He really could do most things by himself. His only friend was Peter, a kid who had come from somewhere in France and struggled with his English.

"I live in Washington," he added, thinking it was only fair if he told her first.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:57 pm 

"figured I would just go solo but if don't mind a tag along I don't mind, I bought my weapon right before I came here I have a bow" she explained quietly quickly catching up to him before slowing down to his pace going a little slower as to slow him down curious as to if that would help or not with his to left feet.
Clarissa looked figiting slightly while shoving her hand in the pocket of her pants "well I live in Oklahoma" she felt strange telling people that even if they couldn't truly find her that way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:20 pm 

"Very well, that means you'll just have to keep me safe until I can get my hands on a sword," he joked back at her, though he didn't necessarily want to get attacked again and was serious about the bow. "Nice there?" he added, as they re-entered the newbie zone.
He took the first quest offered to him, which was a simple gathering quest, which earned him an iron sword. Thankfully, it didn't take many quests for him to catch up to where his companion was, and now he was sporting an iron sword and a round buckler he'd strung onto his back. They were blazing through the starting zone, and were picking up some decent gear after splitting up the gold they had both collected.

"Say, er," Garahel started, a little shyly, after they finished clearing a small camp of monsters. "I think we make a pretty good team. So.." A small blip would sound on her end, his friend request. "I'd like to see you around more. I think I'll be playing this game quite a bit from now on. Would be nice to have a friend on here."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:32 pm 

"me protect? not a great mix!" she smiled ducking her head down frowning a little when he asked if it was nice living in Oklahoma "nice? ..well no not really I want to leave but my guardian lives there and she isn't moving not like it matters for for though cause she travels every where.." Clarissa gave a deep sigh slipping on of her hands out from her large pockets rubbing the back of her neck nervously "but um in short it's just not my cup of tea I suppose" she shrugged slightly glancing up at him before looking forward once again staying silent.

A few hours disappeared so fast she was a little sad but happy she had already leveled up some on the way of the earning money and items, but now she could look up at her party member smiling at his offer "I'd like that yeah.." she accepted the request "well it's late where I am so I should log out and get some rest"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:38 pm 

Garahel felt a flutter of accomplishment when his new friend accepted. It was like he actually got somewhere on his first day, which was more than he was expecting. He wondered idly why she seemed so evasive about her home life, but decided it was none of his business to pry. Everyone had their secrets. Daniel had his. Garahel was only a face. They had been questing for hours now, and he wondered just how much time had passed in the real world. It was suggested that time in the game moved fast, like in a dream, but he had yet to experience that for himself. When she mentioned it was time for her to log out, he concluded perhaps he ought to as well.

"Alright," he agreed, a light smile pulling at his lips. "See you again?"

When he made the command to log out, however, nothing happened. Huh... odd? He did it again, no response. Garahel peered down at his companion, who was also still there.

"Am I doing this wrong?"