All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:26 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Otterburn was one of those towns where not much happened nowadays. With around a thousand inhabitants, many of the families had lived there for generations, in the same properties, only the houses being modernized to fit the passage of time. Even the businesses passed from father to son, and so on. It felt like things didn't change.

Some people left when young, and then returned to raise families in their town. Some inhabitants joked that the town cast a spell on those born there. Some married people from outside the town, and brought them in. Some others ended up marrying someone they had met as children.

That had been the case with the Benbows. Mr. Edward Benbow's family had lived there for at least ten generations. Mrs. Catherine Benbow, Bailey as a maiden, had also come from a family whose history stretched way back. The couple had had only one daughter - named Georgina, after her father’s mother. Gina, as she was called at home, was a vivacious girl, a little bit of a tomboy.

She enjoyed climbing trees, swimming, getting lost in the forest that took part of the town and finding her way back with the help of Earl, the old German Shepherd the family had. It was a simple life, and at six, Gina couldn’t be happier. She felt like nothing was missing in her life.

At the moment, a sunny Sunday afternoon, Gina was once again in her favorite spot in the world. Being in the forest meant being at home for her. She had been running, climbing trees, picking green fruits and eating them happily. After all the activity, Gina had finally sat down to rest with Earl by her side. Her little hand tugged leaves and branches off of the dog’s fur, when the animal suddenly jumped to his feet. Without giving his young companion time for anything, the dog dashed away, sniffing the air with Gina on his heels.

“Earl! Stop! Wait”, the little girl screamed. The animal only stop, growling, in front of a boy roughly Gina’s age. Getting on her knees, the girl wrapped her arms around the dog’s neck so it wouldn’t attack. “I’m sorry about that”, she spoke, above the growling. “He won’t bite you, I’ve got him. Just don’t run”.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:10 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

The Weylyn family was an old one that had many separate branches. Having settled in Otterburn from across the ocean, they were closely the first to settle here. Peace would not last though, as others arrived and settled too. When told a town would be built here they denied the founding family charter and as so, they were outcastes on a certain level. The family went through many problems with land ownership, but it was decided that they could keep there land up on the hill overlooking the tree's which separated them from Otterburn, and overlooking Otterburn itself. This place, was where the young Daniel Weylyn had lived for seven whole years.

There was really no property line; but as the family owned the house itself, the hill it was on was considered theirs. The Weylyn's were some of the few to stay here from generation to generation. It was sort of the families legacy to stay here without traveling the world. This really only made people suspicious, saying things akin to "What are they hiding up there?" or, "Poor children every generation being forced to live life in that musty old place," and even the occasional, "I heard some shouts up at that house again... what type of things do they partake up there in that family?" Though everything was only speculation at this point.

The young boys of the family were always making a ruckus up in the woods, not many spoke about it; but it was a widely known fact they made a game of scaring people for fun in the dull place. People only paid real attention to it because nothing much happened in Otterburn and a crying and slightly scared child was the peak of excitement. It was also known that the kids of the Weylyn's were also nice in the end; apologizing at next seeing the one they pranked on rare occasions. Then warning the kids about the stories of a strange animal, one that lurked up past the town in the deep woods that hunted and killed large animals for its food. No proof has surfaced yet whether or not these old stories are true though, and it is said they are just trying to prank the person once again.
-
Daniel Weylyn, the youngest was not particularly known. Even in comparison to the rarity of speaking to any other of the Weylyns in an actual conversation. At least until the young girl and her dog came sprinting out of the woods, the dog stopping before the startled Daniel himself.

He looked up as the girl came behind the dog, and held him back. Daniel nodding in response to the other kids demands on not running. With wide, more surprised rather than startled looking eyes the color of silver. The young seven year old didn't move from his kneeling position. He had been by a small stream rinsing his dirty hands when they had come from his right. The boy clearly very kind and raised well. "What's his name?" he asked, those his first words to the girl. He was now looking up at her with more a curious look. As he had not really talked to someone other than a family member before for any long period of time.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:43 pm 

Sort of back.

The girl who held the large dog looked curiously at the boy. She had never met him before, that was a fact. Gina had a good memory, and that boy didn't look like every other boy in town. There was something about him. Something she couldn't put her finger on, but it didn't really matter.

What mattered was that he was a boy about her age. For Georgina's simple mind, nothing deserved much thought. If he looked friendly, he was friendly. Over the years, the little girl would probably learn that not everything was so simple. But for now, she still believed in the general kindness of mankind.

The girl's curly auburn hair was messy, as every time she went to the forest, and her dark green eyes had a curious expression as they stared at Daniel.

"Earl", she replied, tugging on the dog one more time. "He is not usually like this. I'm sorry". After a pause, she held out one hand. "I am Georgina Benbow, but you can call me Gina if you prefer", the little girl introduced herself, not imagining that would be the beginning of a long friendship.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:08 pm 

Daniel nodded to the girl Gina, acting cautious at first and reaching out uncertainly. When he did, he shook her hand awkwardly as this was all kind of new to the seven year old. "That's okay," he said, "My names Daniel Weylyn, you can call me Daniel." His hand shook hers quickly, but the dog did not seem all to happier then previously. He eyed the dog weirdly, and ignored him as best he could...
---
The sun shone bright as the rays shone across Daniels eyes. He was going to the city to pick up some "supplies" as his parents liked to call them. He was sullenly aware about the pair of shadows which followed him silently in the trees bordering the town as he broke the treeline. Most people barely looked at the young boy, but those who did only cast suspicious glances at him. There was only one occasional person who ever gave him a smile and that was usually the older folk.

He had a bag of food and ingredients grasped in his right hand; a smaller bag in his left. He glanced in a near by window, idly peering at his reflection. He looked quite different than the people of the town did by a substantial amount. While the town folk tended to have blue or brown eyes and even the occasional green, his was a bright silver. His hair was a very dark brown, almost black even... and while the towns people usually had white skin, and seemed to be primarily Caucasian, his skin was a much darker tone. He always noticed the differences between his family and others; though was told repeatedly not to worry about it, so he didn't.

Daniel was now wandering up through the woods when he glanced at the spot Gina liked to hang out at. He smiled and shrugged to himself, "Guess I'll sit here for a moment," he said aloud. The Weylyn boy leaned up against a near by tree, placing the bigger of the two bags in the base of some roots, then laying the smaller bag by his leg. He looked up into the trees, his eyes dilating in and out as he peered into darker and lighter areas of the bright sky and trees. "Wonder if Gina will be here today..." he murmured, moving to lay on the soft grassy soil while crossing his arms across the back of his neck.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:00 pm 

Sort of back.

It was another bright sunny day, and the town was as it used to be in one of these days. The weekends were Gina's favorite days. She woke up later, helped mother around the house, then practiced archery with father, and after that she was free. Gina was unsure about why she needed to practice with the bow, but father said it was a family tradition, and the girl actually enjoyed it.

After receiving permission to leave, Gina prepared some meat sandwiches and called for the bloodhound she had gotten after her old dog's passing. This one had been named Willy, and despite the appearance, it was a very friendly and calm dog, though a little willful. With Willy running by her side - he hated the leash, but tented to stay close to his young owner -, Gina dashed to the forest, as usual.

She had gotten there just about half an hour before Daniel, and gotten to her usual routine of running around, climbing trees and eating whatever she could find on them.

As the boy laid on the grass, he wouldn't have much peace before Gina's dog came sniffing. Willy was much more friendly to Daniel than Earl had ever been, and the boy would soon feel his arm being licked. A moment later, Gina's cheerful voice sounded.

"Dan!", she called out excitedly. "I didn't expect to see you here now!".

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 am 

He looked over to the dog and grinned widely. "Yeah yeah I know Willy!" He said with a positive tune. He grasped the dogs head and rubbed his forehead and ears only a little roughly. The dog seemed to like it though, and he only stopped to the sound of Gina's voice.

With a wry smile he lay back down and closed his eyes. Will apparently deciding to do the same as he curled up by Daniels right side. "Well, this is a pretty comfortable spot... maybe I will just claim it for myself and Will here!" He said teasingly. Long since having opened up to Gina as he had been with his family.

He did not even open an eye as he reached down his arm and grabbed a bottle of water from the smaller bag, one still left in the bag other than the one he was sipping out of whilst laying down. He peeked his right eye only slightly so he could see Ginas expression.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:12 am 

Sort of back.

Willy reacted to Daniel's somewhat rough greeting by wagging his tail furiously and licking the boy even harder, whenever his tongue could reach.

Gina stopped when she saw both Willy and Daniel comfortably laid on the spot Danie had occupied alone up until a few moments prior, and shook her head.

The girl had to admit she really liked Daniel, and trusted him with everything about herself.

With a smile, the girl walked to where Daniel was and sat down, pinching his arm. "Where are your manners?", she complained in a falsely indignant intonation. "Won't you say good morning, ask how I am today and all of those social niceties?". After the question, she snatched the bottle off Daniel's hand with a soft chuckle. "Thanks".

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:09 am 

Daniel rolled his eyes profusely at her talk. "Says the little girl who just stole my bottle of water from my hand," he said in good fun. "Man, shouldnt you be worried about 'germs' or somethj g like that?" He sighed, "we are fourteen now- uh, well I guess I am anyway." He said, intentionally pointi g out he was her se ior in a sort of taunt. He shrugged off the event and pet Willy. Taking the other water bottle from the bag, he sat up. Poking Gina in the side around her hip to get a reaction, he laughed a bit, and in a triumphant voice said, "haha! Now thats for pinching me!"

After a minute of silence and sipping his water, Daniel glanced a few times at Gina. "Hey-" he started, eyes widening. "When did you change so much?" He asked in a confused voice. I don't know... you seem kind of different," he continued.

"Like, I don't know how to explain it," he said to himself, "You seem... brighter? I guess... or maybe," he trailed off and rubbed his eyes for a second before lowering his fingers from his silver orbs.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:57 am 

Sort of back.

Gina chuckled when Daniel said those words. Giving her friend a defiant glance, she took a sip of the bottle. "I have never seen germs, so I'm not even sure that's not a thing parents make up to make sure we don't get too dirty", she joked. "You are", the girl completed with a soft sigh. "I'm still thirteen", she said in a bit of a grumpy manner.

When Daniel poked her, Gina giggled, feeling tickles. "Stop!", she nearly squealed, laughing.

Daniel's question made Gina fall silent. The girl took another sip of the water and thought for a moment. "A little every day, just like you", she finally replied.

Giving her friend a side glance, Gina smiled softly. "You have changed a lot too. We're no longer little kids, that's all. I don't know. I kind of... It's kind of strange, isn't it?".

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:57 pm 

Daniel admitted she was right, and so he looked up into the sky. The birds were past the clouds uttering cries of what he imagined was glee. He could hear them as if they were right next to him. "You know Gina, I so.etimes feel like there is something else going on with me... something much different then ordinary growing up."

He tilted his head to look at her as if he wanted to say some secret. Yet did not know what the secret was himself. "Well, I better get home soon... gotta take the groceries back afterall
" He murmured while scratching an itch on his arm. "You know, I am kind of surprised I have known you so long... I mean, when you think about it, I do not really remember much besides hanging with you."

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:20 pm 

Sort of back.

Gina looked up into the sky as well. Her eyes followed the birds for a moment. They were so free she couldn't help feeling a little jealous. It seemed so good...

Turning her attnetion back to her friend, Gina sighed. "I hope it's nothing bad. Nothing that will take you away from me".

When Daniel said he should get home, she got up. "Yeah. I should go home as well... Come on, Willy". With a pause, the girl nodded. "I know, seems like forever for me as well. In a good way. Now come on. We don't wanna get in trouble".

--------

After that meeting, others came. And others, and others. As the years went by, a lot happened. A lot changed. But the bond between Daniel and Georgina didn't change. They stood by each other through thick and thin. And all the while fate was planning to pull them violently apart.

But ignorance is a bliss, right?

Another afternoon in the forest, and Gina, looking upset, sat by Daniel, chattering away. "I just don't get, you know?", she nearly whined. "It's like... everything was okay, and then all of a sudden, the guy I'm kinda dating is... like... smooching with another girl, and I'm the joke of the class".

The girl dropped down dramatically, without getting hurt. "I will never go to school again. I will move into the forest and nobody will ever see me again". Shaking her head, Gina dried her eyes. "Sorry, Dan. You must be bored to death, I'm sorry. Tell me what you did today".

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:50 pm 

Daniel was looking at her with sad eyes at first, but he soon nodded and cleared his throat. He playfully shoved Willy off him and got to his feet, patting her once on the forearm very lightly before he crossed his own arms. Since a little while ago he had let his hair grow out a little so it covered his forehead down to his eyes, and his appearance changed slightly too around his handsome features. "Well, I don't really think I can top what you were saying to me, but-" he cleared his throat again.

"I guess the only thing that really has been going on is me worrying about you lately with that person who calls himself a "Boyfriend" was with you," he murmured. "I mean, I could literally smell the deceit on him... and I wanted to warn you but, we didn't really get to hang out much when you had him around," he said. "Anyway, enough of that rubbish... he is gone- and if he did ever contact you again I would teach him a lesson for sure..." he assured her, putting his hand on her shoulder for a second comfortingly. When he released her, he took five steps past her and spun around to face her while he was pointing up to the tree's.

"Well, the last thing that happened to me recently was that my bro's chased me up into the tree's and scared the living bejesus out of me. They looked like they were ready to kill..." he laughed to himself. "At least until they finally did catch up with me from jumping tree to tree, and that was when they forced me to follow them and prank some poor kid..." he said, but it was obvious he was holding back a little laugh. "They told me to play dead, and they chucked me from up high. I ended up landing in front of the kid, and he thought I was dead... So he ran back yelling "The beast got him! the beast got him!" after saying this Daniel finally burst out laughing. Though it only lasted for a minute, and he straightened back up while looking disappointed.

"They only did it so that they could cheer me up..." he said, immediately his looked from Gina and scratched the back of his head. For some reason, he seemed to be embarrassed.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:15 pm 

Sort of back.

Gina took a deep breath when Daniel got to his feet. The girl remained where she was, only sitting up again. A small smile showed on Gina's face when Dan patter her arm. It was a funny thing, how awkward things could be every now and then.

Gina's smile grew a little wider when Daniel said he had been worrying about her lately. Pulling her hair back, the girl stood up. She kept playing with the bracelet she always wore to protect her from getting hurt while practicing with the bow.

"I kind of feel like... I wish you'd have told me", she finally replied quietly. "I would have believed you".

Pushing these thoughts aside, Gina listened to Daniel's report of the last prank he and his brothers had played on someone. What called her attention, though, was the ending of the report. Gina stepped closer to Daniel and looked up at him.

"Why did you need to be cheered up?", she asked, straightforward as usual. "Did anything happen? I haven't been such a good friend lately, huh?".

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:40 pm 

Daniel looked back to her, and felt his cheeks turn warm. "Y-yeah, well... that was hardly your fault-" he said, cutting himself off as he saw how Gina quickly bounced back to her old self. "Uhm, how about-" He was at a loss for words, and he had to force himself to look directly in her eyes. "You are not at fault Gina, not really," he said while taking a step back and into a tree. Where he looked up at the branch he thwacked himself with just now accidently. He rubbed the back of his head, this time rubbing the sore spot. All the while he turned even redder from the embarrassment. He knew that he was taking things out of proportion... but he did not know, it was like his senses were even more heightened from when he was fourteen to now.

So it was no surprise when she stood up to him that he would back up that way. Daniel looked away from Gina and crossed his arms again. "So, uhm... you doing good? I know I am doing good... but you, you seem to be fine- or... I don't mean it that way-" he said awkwardly, "ah. I mean, you seem to be okay after that break up more so then a few moments ago." He said, stuttering extremely for some reason he did not quite get. Daniel opted out to just nodded to himself as though that could cover what he was stumbling on about with his words in such a failure of a way.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:40 pm 

Sort of back.

Gina smiled when Daniel started blushing. It was funny to see her best friend like that. It seemed like, once they had gotten older, things had changed, gotten a little awkward. "I hope not", Gina replied softly. "I wouldn't want to let you down, when you needed me".

Gina took a step forward when she noticed that Daniel had gotten hurt with a branch, but decided not to fuss over him. "I'm fine", Gina replied, cutting Daniel off before things got too awkward. "Hardly worth crying or getting upset about that, after all".

The girl glanced up to look at her friend. They had been nearly the same height years ago, but now, Gina had to look up to face Daniel. "A hug would help, though. If you want to".

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:57 pm 

Her words cut Daniel deep, and he felt his heart skip a beat. He was so confused, and was wondering what this feeling was, and why he was feeling it. 'I mean, I know what this is... but I don't at the same time' he thought to himself. Daniel felt a chill along his lower back, and he was wondering what it meant... but he could not figure it out. 'Does this mean that... no, she just wants a hug but... even if her motives are pure. Can I possibly say the same about myself?' he wondered, keeping silent outwardly so she would not think he was odder than he actually was. Daniel had to take a deep breath, and that was when he managed to control his thoughts.

"So, a hug right?" he said, "You think, that that will help?" he murmured. The seventeen year old never felt so awkward in his life, while Gina seemed completely calm. Either she was just not phased by his uneasiness, or she was completely dense and missed his awkwardness wholly. He came to the conclusion though, that she was not dumb... and so she must just be calm and not thinking any weird thoughts. Daniel did not know really what was going on with him, it was like he had no control over himself.

In the end, Daniel nodded shyly "yeah, of course..." he said in a whisper, unable to make his voice loud enough. He wrapped his arms around her, and was clearly embarrassed. Though for the first time in a long time he realized just how small she was in comparison to him. He did not even do anything that special, and even his brothers were the same as him. It was like it was in there genes or something. "S-so, is this okay? are you sure your fine?" he asked.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:33 pm 

Sort of back.

Gina remained calm, although something in her - a deep rooted feminine instinct - told the girl that Daniel was not as collected as she was. Of course, she would probably have known without this instinct. Daniel and Georgina had known each other for the best part of their lives now, and knew a lot about each other. So, there was very little they couldn't figure out just by looking at their counterpart. Maybe - if she would be honest with herself - Gina could even say she knew Daniel better than herself.

"Yes", Gina replied when Daniel asked if she thought a hug would help. "I'm sure it will". There was no hesitation in Gina's voice, though she didn't feel quite as confident now. 'Seems like he doesn't want to. Maybe I should just drop it'.

Daniel's whisper relieved the weight over Georgina's chest - a weigh she hadn't realized had been there until it was lifted. Wrapping her arms back around her friend, Gina moved so she could rest her head on his chest. He was considerably larger than she was, and only in this hug did it hit her. It felt right, though. Speaking her mind - as she usually did, Georgina nodded. "It's okay. And I'm fine, don't worry". A pause, a moment to wonder how awkward her next words would be.

"It's funny, like... this, you know. Feels safe, like... nothing bad could happen right now. Thanks, Dan".

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:32 pm 

Her words made Daniel feel happier then he had been in a while.
He could not help but hug her ever more tightly. "You know, what I really want to do... what I have wanted to do for the longest time," he felt his face grow warm as his heart beat faster and faster. "I really just want to kis-sss..." he felt a sharp pain in his chest. He incidently tightened his monsterous grip across her back as he gasped for air.

"Argh... m-my chest! It- I... its... pain..." he gasped. Daniel pushed himself away from Gina as well as he could. Though when he held her shoulders, he tightened his grip. Fingers digging into her shoulders. "I- dont-" he clenched his eyes shut.

He heard a noise to his right as he felt his teeth start to itch. He bit down so hard on his teeth that he felt his jaw click. He did not have time to even look before he felt his hands being forced from Gina's shoulders. He only caught eyes the colour of silver before he felt two pairs of hands grab him and drag him off to the house.

For a second only they stopped, and that was when he heard his brother Zack's voice. "Sorry about this, it is not his fault so just leave it to us... forget this ever happened, please!" His brother begged Gina before continuing the walk home. His brothers did not even let him apologize before he was taken away by his siblings. The pain did not stop, and he could not stop to even scream his pain.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:09 pm 

Sort of back.

Georgina smiled when Daniel held her more tightly. Looking up when he started speaking, the girl felt her heart race. An urge to move, as she always felt when nervous, took over Gina's body, but she managed to stay quiet. It felt too good to be there, in Daniel's arms.

At least until her friend tightened his hug so much Gina could barely breathe. When he gasped in pain, though, Gina worried much more about him than about the fact that his fingers were digging into the soft flesh on her shoulders.

"Dan...?", the girl started, worried and scared. Just as confused as Daniel, Gina stumbled back a few steps when she was finally released from his grip. "I-I... just...", Gina started, too surprised to be coherent. "Okay...", she finally completed, before the two other boys took her friend away.

Feeling powerless and uneasy, Georgina still stood there for a moment, looking at the path her best friend had been practically dragged through. "Come on, Willy", she finally murmured after a moment. "We should go home now".

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:31 pm 

Daniel was hauled into his house and brought the the huge lobby. Where he was held down by his brothers. "Control yourself Daniel!" Zack growled. Silver eyes exactly like his brimming with an understanding yet furocious look. His other brother Alexander was the oldest and strongest... he held down Daniels arm with one hand alone, and held his chest down with his other. "I kniw your scared Daniel, but just breath..." he said in a weary voice. "The first change is always the hardest, and does not always come..." he said in a knowing voice.

"F-first change, breath?, what are you!?.... Arggghhh!!!" Daniel growled. His voice sounding more gravely then before as writhed in what he assumed was what agony felt like. Eventually... he felt his arms weaken, and the skin on his body stopped burning.

When his brothers let him go, he was just laying there, looking up. "What, was happening to me?" He murmured. Zack just looked down at him pitifully while Alexander rubbed his stubble, and pushed back his longer hair. "Well, where do I start?" He murmured. "Daniel, you have a beast inside you... no... you are the beast itself." He said in an odd voice. Zack just pushed Alexander out of the wau and pointed to Daniel, "You are a hunger drivin, meat hungry werewolf brother! Deal with it." He said in a grouchy tone. Alexander slapped him in the back of the head, then pushed him like he did to Alexander before. Zack was about to retaliate, but apparently thought better of it.