All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:08 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

It occurred to me that I haven't engaged in an RP for quite some time, and I thought I might give GMing another try.

This time, I have a less-linear, less-monotonous game in mind: An open-world medieval fantasy setting where the most reliable form of employment (other than dedicated professions or trades) is an expansive courier service tasked with making deliveries between the various countries that form this as-of-yet nondescript world. One would be able to drop in and out of play as they please, with the in-universe explanation being that couriers can take on new deliveries at any time and drop off ongoing deliveries at the nearest office for another messenger to take.

The aim would be to roleplay life in a society where international delivery is not only possible but lucrative, though there would likely be some action due to the dangerous nature of some of the jobs...

More to come as I think of it, but only if someone expresses interest in playing this. And, of course, suggestions are welcome.

The needless complication of the template appended to each of my posts? My signature characteristic.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:38 am 

This seems like it'd certainly be fun. Would you want the players to mostly be couriers? I think it'd be pretty sweet to be a member of a group that accosts couriers, whether to take the item being delivered, or just to stop it from getting to its destination.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:34 pm 

To answer your question, yes - more specifically, I'd like them to start their adventures as couriers, but don't want to railroad them into remaining that way when there might be other adventures to be had.

The idea of being part of a group that hinders the progress of couriers - for instance, organized clans of bandits or highwaymen - is intriguing, and I'm considering working it into the fictional world I'm devising for this RP. (Though since there haven't been many interested RPers, I haven't been thinking about it in awhile.)

The needless complication of the template appended to each of my posts? My signature characteristic.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:03 am 

Well you can count Atleast one interested RPer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:35 pm 

Medals: 1
Most Patient (1)

This sounds like fun and I might be interested. Although it reminds me of this manga called Tegami Bachi about letter carriers called letter bees.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:40 am 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)

It reminds me of Tegami Bachi too.