All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:21 am 

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

*Closed for now, until further notice!*

Hullo! Looking for 1x1 partners for an old fantasy/SF concept involving the existence of a multiverse. But first, a few requirements for potential partners:

* Must be able to post often, around 1-2 posts a day or every other day. I do get busy, and understand lapses (life happens), but I also try to be available online as often as I can.

* 18+ year old partners, please.

* Can write grammatically-correct posts, 1-2 paragraphs minimum

* Is comfortable with some violence, swearing, etc.

*Uses his/her own characters; no fandoms.

* I do love romance in my stories. I'd like the romance element to develop over time, of course, and should come naturally from the relationship we've established between our characters. I usually play females, but I don't mind playing either (I am most comfortable with FxM and FxF pairings; I don't think I can do MxM justice right now, but we'll see)

Ideas/Preferences

My main idea involves the existence of Paladins, people who have been assigned, by mysterious means that not even the Paladin herself would be entirely knowledgable about, the duty of protecting their world, or the safety of other worlds. They are given a Ring that provides them with the means to travel to other worlds/dimensions, and augments any latent magical or mutant ability the Paladin may have.

These worlds could either be fantasy-based or SF-based, hence the flexibility. The concept was designed to accommodate a variety of ideas. I also would love to try putting characters in worlds far different from the ones they were born in.

I have two main characters that I usually use for this concept:

1. Akire - an Empress living in a world called Amria, populated by a race of humans with long lifespans. The Ring gave her superhuman strength and a healing ability (to a degree; the more grievous the injury, of course, the more energy it needs to operate the magic). Legend has it that the royal bloodline was descended from dragons, and this may explain why the Ring augmented these specific abilities. The setting is typical medieval-high fantasy

2. Akira - a young girl born in a reality like ours. Only, she already was vaguely aware of the existence of other worlds, and of another version of herself (Akire). They do meet some time later, with Akire rescuing her from danger. Later on, Akira also acquires a Ring that gives her the ability to manipulate metal.

I'm also fine with hearing out any sci-fi or fantasy idea you may have (plus points if it has romance in it :P) Shoot me a PM if you have questions or are willing to hash out ideas with me :)

Last edited by Michellin on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:50 pm 

Oh, this sounds quite neat! I do love me some multiverses. I probably also have some other concepts somewhere in my giant wall of notebooks...

I'm mostly posting to remind myself to check back on this later, when I'm not in the middle of seventeen different things, but I did want to state my interest. So uh. Stated I guess?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:05 pm 

Haha thanks! Hoping to hear from you again someday!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:09 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

It does sound quite interesting, and I am totally in.
However, my grammar may be lacking occasionally, seeing as English is not my first language. I do my best though, and that's usually good enough.
If you can live with that, then I am totally in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:07 am 

This sounds quite intriguing :)

Same as Crystal, english is my second language so I occasionally mess up with some sentences.
Still though, it sounds very cool and I would be happy to be a part of something like this :D

On the other hand I wanna just lie in bed and watch cartoons literally always.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:34 am 

Sweet! Shooting you both a PM so we can talk details.

Btw Crystal, is that picture from Matt Fraction's Hawkeye? xD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:04 am 

Hrm, am having a weird time sending messages, not sure if I'm doing it right. Just in case you don't receive any, I'm copy-pasting it here:

The basic idea usually begins with my Paladin ending up in your character's world, trying to look for the source of a possible disturbance in the multiverse. Usually, this is someone who, through dark magic, or science, or a combination of both, (depending on your preference of genre), is trying to breach the barrier between worlds to gain power, riches, etc. without knowledge, or without caring, for the consequences of that.

I'd like to primarily use Akira, though somewhere down the line I might bring Akire in, too. If we're using Akira, I had this idea of her ending up in a steampunk world. Your character could be a Paladin from that world, or a native of that world fulfilling the same function, trying to get to the bottom of a series of disappearances or mysterious events. Since Akira is new to this whole Paladin business, she'd wind up bungling this investigation, and now the two are stuck together, both trying to figure out the mystery behind these events. BTW, for got to mention that Akira's around 20 years old.

If you're not into steampunk, we can send her to any other kind of setting, maybe even a high fantasy one, and modify the basic premise to fit this setting. What do you think? I'm open to suggestions :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:13 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Michellin wrote:
Sweet! Shooting you both a PM so we can talk details.

Btw Crystal, is that picture from Matt Fraction's Hawkeye? xD

Yes it is indeed. Matt Fraction's Hawkeye is the only Hawkeye that matters, uwu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:15 pm 

man, I gotta get me a trade paperback of that. Was only able to read the first few issues T_T

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:48 am 

You have a lot to look forward to.
I love how Fraction writes Clint and Kate. It's just great.