All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:24 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

THE SETTING

Each night in a small, quiet village a loud boom can be heard. This sound shakes the ground and startles every single resident. Though they have sent out many search parties, not one clue has been found to identify its source. In the center of this village stood an over sized watch tower with multiple lit torches, holding up to four men at all times. These men were always armed with enough arrows to put down an elephant, or any of the other large beasts that roamed the land. With every night and every thunderous clash, it was thought that the wild beasts were the cause of the commotion, but this was proven incorrect by all of the trackers of the village. None of the beasts large enough to make such a noise were anywhere close to their home.

Along with the center watch tower were four other, yet smaller watch towers. One tower stood at each corner of the village, but these towers had but one archer each. Besides the five towers there was only one other obstacle between the wild world and the village, the eight small, crumbled, but sturdy walls. This poor defense worried the people of the village and caused them even more fear since the loud booms had begun. Why did they fear having such a poor defense of their village? It was the beast. Some were small, but others toppled even the large tower at the center of the village. They were called the Devourers, and though they were all many different species, this was the term used to describe their massive size.

The village is home to over one hundred Individuals. During the day some were simple farmers, some were weapon smiths, a few were trackers and other occupations including; hunters, apothecaries, acaters, linen drapers, merchants, and drovers. But since the noises of the night began, they volunteered as guardsman and archers. Not far to the east of the village rested a lake about the same size as the village. Fisherman often visited here in the past, but now it was completely void of all life. Settled throughout the village were a variety of houses, shops and merchant stalls. Farms were scattered around the village in key location for best produce output. Fifty yards from the giant tower in the center of the village stood the leader's home, a man under constant stress. At night he would drink to avoid hearing the horrible booming sounds coming from outside his town, and during the day, was constantly busy with the towns people's frantic state. All seemed hopeless until one day; a few months after the noises from outside had begun.

PLOT OVERVIEW/INTRODUCTION

The hunters and trackers were out on their morning patrol when they came upon the first and only clue they had seen since this nightmare started.
"What is that" Mark, one of the hunters shouted to the other men near him. The other hunters gathered around a large, round, flat, stone tablet. Not venturing out this far before they had finally found their first clue, but the stone tablet was not their main focus. Tied to the stone tablet was a thin, but muscular man who was covered in blood, though covered did not even describe the amount of blood that he was stained in.
"Untie him quickly, but keep him secured" Brutus, the hunter in charge commanded. The others rushed to the stone and cut loose the binding ropes that held the man down. He made no movement when they cut him free, but he appeared to be breathing. They carried him off to the village's most secure building, the jail.

The jail rested fifty yards on the opposite side of the large tower, one hundred yards from the leader's home. Not a single person had ever escaped this dark, gloomy place. "I see you're finally awake. Are you enjoying your stay?" the Jailer, Peter said to the mysterious man. The man lifted his head; shoulder length hair covered his face. He jerked at his restraints trying to move the blood soaked, brown strands from his face, but in the end just shook it out of the way. Hair out of his face revealed a pair of green, tired and wicked eyes. The blood he was covered in took away any friendly look to the strange person. "Do you remember anything?" Peter asked.

The blood stained man's shoulders tensed, his muscles shifted and then he opened his mouth. "Kre..." he muttered softly, his words unheard. Leaning forward, the jailer told him to repeat himself. The man breathed heavily and spoke once more "Kre...”, but once again the words were not heard. Again the Jailor asked him to repeat himself. Catching his breath and grasping the situation, the man shouted this time. "KREE!" his voiced echoed through the halls of the jail "My name is Kree." Kree's head fell down again and he went silent.

"Sir" A man running down the hall to the cells yelled. "The hunters found another stone outside the village."
Peter turned around to face to shouting man "Where's the person attached to it?"
The man stopped in front of Peter. "There wasn't one attached to this stone Sir."

CHARACTER INFORMATION/GUIDELINES

You can choose to be one of the villagers, or one of the people attached to the stone tablets. Kree of course is me. Only twelve of the people from the stones are allowed. This includes Kree. These people can have magical attributes or abilities (Foresight, mage like magic, super human reflexes, just don't go overboard with it.) The people attached to the stones cannot free themselves, so write in how they have managed to get cut loose from their stone. The stones fell from the sky, so there is no real background for any character, though they all know their mission. In case some people play villagers I will PM the mission/ plot to those who choose to be attached to the stones. This will be interesting cause some people will be left in the dark. The people of the stones look at least eighteen or older.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:01 am 

So I'm interested in this RP but quick question do the people tied to the stones have memory loss or something?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:05 pm 

I was not going to have it that way, but I'm slowly thinking about it and I'm going to have them come from the future, our time. They will have no memories and they will be wearing medieval clothes. I'll post updates in the OOC, when it's made, every few days about what happened to them and I welcome the people who own the characters to slowly post their own background. I'm thinking of having the memory loss slowly fade away after the first twenty four hours, inside the post time. This of course could take a few days. How does that sound?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:55 pm 

Sounds great can't wait to start this RP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:42 pm 

After a few more people show interest I will put it up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:24 am 

I think I can get EXTERMINATE! to join well he's on some mountain right now playing paintball but he should be back by the end of the week.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:33 am 

Okay, cool.
Do you have an idea of who you are playing (Villager, or Person attached to stone) and what they look like yet?

There are two people roaming around who are freed from their stone. I'll leave it to those who choose them to explain how they got free, remember they can not free themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:39 am 

Yea I'm gonna be one of the people attached to those stones and I already have a good idea of how he's going to look

So they will come from our time?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:44 am 

I originally said our time, ( 2015 ) but I might have them come from the past instead an ancient time, full of magic. This way the story can jump timelines, with the sun dial sending them further into the future.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:51 am 

The Sun Dial sending them around in time? This story gets more and more interesting by the second.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:53 am 

I'm kinda making some of it up as I go, but will have everything perfect before I post the OOC and IC.

I have decided to make them from the past the OOC will be up soon and then the IC. The twelve (This is what I will call the people attached to the stones now) will jump randomly from time period to time period and they have no control over this jump. They do know that it happens every twelve hours and that before the jump they must complete a certain task. (which I will post in the OOC after every jump) If they fail to complete their mission the time they jump to next will not be the it's supposed to be and there will be consequences for their failure.