All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:43 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Tell me. When you find a dead body in the middle of the most prestigious school in the United States of America, who would you suspect?

Adell held a glass of wine in his hand. He imagined someone else at the small circle table, looking at him and the moonless night. It could be the supernatural junkie, Silas. Arthur, the young man with more money than sense. Or perhaps William, the eternal sceptic who would ask for proof of the divine or supernatural at every turn. Still, they all would see the same thing out of the window. A few streetlights, a fountain, in view of everyone in the dormitories. And a body of a young woman, lying atop the edge of the fountain.

Anything that happen, anyone could see. I saw her sitting there, myself. And in just two seconds, she's dead.

Adell, imagine. Who would they blame? The imagined figure spoke in his mind.

"I don't know," said Adell, aloud. He sipped on his glass as he stood up, walking to his door to test the lock on his dormitory room. A tug and the tell-tale click told him enough. Looking to the imaginary figure, he smiled and raised his glass to toast.

"Rumours, the supernatural, or a jilted ex. It'll be interesting. I might get someone else to talk to other than my own mind."

Raising his glass to his mouth, Adell tipped the entire glass into his mouth, emptying in a single gulp. Pacing over to the window, he tugged at the curtains to cover his window just as he heard the shrill scream of a young lady. "She's DEAD!" She's dead! Someone help!"

Placing the glass on the table, Adell looked towards the full-length mirror in his room for a moment. He imagined himself without clothes for a moment, and shook his head. His biology was inescapable. He dressed well, and looked the part of a black-haired pretty young man, but beneath all that clothing was a woman's body. A flat-chested woman, but still a woman nonetheless.

Imagine. They might investigate. Adell Hawkes is a fake name. Imagine if they found out your real name.

Adell's eyes widened. He looked back at the imaginary figure in alarm.

You'll have to go home. And marry that guy, and spend the rest of your life—

"SHUT UP!" he shouted.

That was the last thing he remembered before waking up, staring at the ceiling lit up by sunlight. The alcohol seemed to have mixed up dreams and reality.

Scratching his head, Adell pressed against his chest. Still, a woman.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:01 am 

Bass pulsed into her room. Bounced off the walls. Assaulted her eardrums. Shook her cabinets. It brought her to life, and made Monday mornings so much more bearable. Her bass of choice? Today, her speakers woke her with the hard heavy guitars and deep shaking bass of korn's 'got the life'.

There was never a morning where she had an issue waking up. Sure, Mondays were as much a pain to her as anyone else, since it meant the death of a perfectly good weekend, but music pushed her happily through her morning routine. So, she rolled out of bed and began her usual ritual of wrecking her room looking for a missing part of her outfit. Some days it was her socks, some days her shoes, once in a blue moon she would run around panicking over the lack of clean panties. She wasn't exactly organized away from the eye of the public. As a single child to a rich family, she never had to be. She had her own room, all the privacy in the world, and a paid maid to pick up after her.

What she did do well, however, was present herself. Her uniform was freshly ironed, leaving the creases sharp and neat. Her makeup blended perfectly with her skin, destroying any trace of blemishes on her face. her eyes were perfectly framed by even, smooth lines of mascara, bringing out her sharp green eyes. Her golden blond hair gently flowed down her shoulder, and was brushed to flowing perfection.

With everything now in order, at least on her physical body, she turned off the deafening music, kicked random items under her bed, which she promised herself she would pick up later, and wandered out of her room. She headed in the general direction of the cafeteria, determined to obtain her omelette before her first class. What was in store for her, however, was much different.

The hallways were oddly empty. Silent beyond the norm. It didn't bother her at first, but soon she realized that she wasn't being greeted by people she hardly remembered. No one was looking at her, admiring her physical form. No high fives were occurring. The realization came to her all at once, she was entirely alone in the halls today, and this was anything but normal. It left her checking her phone to make sure it really was a Monday, and nor still the weekend, or some random holiday she'd forgotten. After confirming that she was indeed still sane, she simply shrugged and continued along her way. Moments later, she found something even more unusual than the eerie lack of people in the hallways. One of her best friends was lying face down on the floor, in a pool of their own blood.
Her scream caught in her throat. For several moments, she simply stood there, frozen in terror, tears destroying the morning worth of work she had spent on her makeup. Eventually, she forced herself to slowly start walking towards the lifeless body. Reaching it, she knelt down on one knee, ignoring the cold blood on her black stockings. She finally found her voice.
"n-no.. no! She's DEAD!" She's dead! Someone help!"
As the last syllable parted from her lips, she became aware.

dozens of people suddenly stopped in their tracks in the crowded hallway, and looked upon the scene. The body was stiff and cold, Tomika hovering over it, holding it's hand, tears pouring from her face. The crowd parted, gasping, and in some cases, screaming in horror. Teachers and students alike gaped at the scene, blood splattered on the wall, the girls chest ripped open, exposing lung tissue, done, and arterial pathways. What could be assumed by an onlooker, except that she had suddenly been killed? Tomika was the only one to have noticed, but to them, she was aware of it moments before the rest of them. Who else could have done it?
She found herself tackled to the floor, and stripped of her sword.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:32 pm 

Adell plucked out a few sheets of wool cloth from a neatly-folded pile next to his bed. One went around his chest, bound but gently so to keep his nipples from chafing into his uniform. A pair of these cloths went around his waist. It was a little warm for this, but this helped reduce his 'hourglass figure' when clothed. Adell had not been discovered yet, or spotted, as far as he knew, but there was little reason give them any rationale to.

His uniform, school jacket and pants went on next. Looking at the mirror, Adell smiled. His appearance passed. His face was free of any thick facial hair that even the prettiest of boys would get and shave, and his hands were still somewhat soft, but no one ever suspected otherwise of the contents of his pants.

Adell exited his dormitory, quickly brushing past a gaggle of male students gossiping about something he barely overheard. A short, blonde-haired boy waved at him on the way to class, and he nodded lightly in acknowledgement. Silas Houdin. A useful person if you wanted to listen to hours of excited lectures about the supernatural, but an otherwise passable student. Still, Adell had a mysterious fondness for him for reasons unknown to all but the divine. Maybe it was the female part of him that found him adorable.

As he continued walking to class, his slow, clicking footsteps began to drown out every noise he could hear. The laughter of students in chatter became softer. All he could hear was his breathing, and the beating of his heart.

"Wait... a..."

Adell's self-spoken words were cut short by the scream of a young lady. A student from his school, most likely. He heard her, nearby, but whoever screamed wasn't in sight. Sucking in a deep breath of air, he ran towards the scream, and stopped just as he turned the corner.

A blonde-haired young student was on the ground, with another girl pressing her body against the ground. A second girl held a fencing sword in her hands, though the way she gripped it told Adell that the sword did not belong to her. A few more students surrounded a gruesome, female corpse, torn apart at the chest to reveal so much nothing was left to the imagination.

It was time to act a little manly, thought Adell. The crowd was hysterical, he knew. But the first person upon the scene, likely the blonde-haired girl, was not the killer. Brushing his hair to let his purple eyes shine out a bit more, he strode forward.

"Let her go. She cannot be the killer," said Adell, staring down at the girl holding Tomika down.

"She has a sword," the girl replied. She tried to glare back, but there was fear in her eyes. Anyone could see that. Exploiting fear was an ungentlemanly thing, but her fear could save the girl she had held hostage.

Adell grabbed the sword from the other girl, and drew it from its sheath. Holding it up to the two girls, and just about everyone else, he pointed at it. "No blood. That mess would have left a lot of blood on the sword. Furthermore..."

His eyes focused on the body of the girl. The ribs were cut open. The sword had to go through bone, if it was the murder weapon. "Can this sword even cut through bone?"

Adell pointed at the dead body. A few of the onlookers looked in the direction of the corpse, though the two girls who accosted Tomika winced at the mere thought. With a grin, he sheathed the sword and thumped the scabbard onto the floor. He imagined it to be like the sound of a judge's gavel.

"This is a fencing weapon. Meant to pierce, not cut. Any other questions?"

The girl on top of Tomika grinned sheepishly and stood up. As she paced away to melt into the crowd of onlookers, Adell went to Tomika's side and knelt down to look at her.

"You okay?" he asked, extending a hand to Tomika. "It must have been really messed up to see that happen."

Class would be cancelled today. Two murders happen on the same day. The first one was hushed up. The second one could never be. If this girl, the only witness to the second murder, was to be questioned fruitlessly by police and campus staff after that, Adell wanted to be the next to do so, and with more productive methods.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:13 am 

((sorry i took so long to get back, I've been super sick all week now >.<))
Tomika practically jumped at Adell, embracing him in a tight hug, "I don't know what's going on!"
It didn't take long for police to arrive. Hell, they were already late as it was. Regardless of if she had anything to do with the murder, Tomika was the closest thing that the police had to a witness, and so they drug her out to a squad car rather hastily.

The double homicide, on the grounds of an important school no less, had the cops ****, on edge, and even calloused to the mental trauma Tomika had received. Their attempts to press information from her with yelling and threats only succeeded in reducing her to a sobbing wreck. "She was my friend! You heartless bastards!"
It didn't take long for family lawyers to show up and bail her out though, and made sure they took their time to yell at the cops. The police hardly had 10 minutes with her.

She Then promptly returned to her room. But things were different for her now. There was no music, dancing, off pitch singing, or random swingings of her sword. the just returned to her bed, and lay there on her back, quietly crying for her lost friend.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:48 am 

Adell recalled the hug. The soft arms of a girl around his body felt warm, and nice. Even with the padding.

"Oi, 'Dell, who you're thinking of?" said the grizzled, brown-haired man with the nine o'clock shadow, nursing a glass stein of yellow-brown beer.

Adell picked up his own glass of cola and raised to his lips, downing it in a gulp. The little cold jolt to his throat woke him up, and he answered. "Just a girl, O'Hara."

"That's O'Hara with a pay-rise, 'Dell!" he laughed, slapping Adell's shoulder with the back of his hand. Composing himself, he leaned forward on the bar counter and looked him in the eye. "So, why are you looking for what you're looking for, 'Dell?"

"Because I have a feeling that the two murders have a connection."

Detective O'Hara raised an eyebrow at Adell. "You're damned right, 'Dell." O'Hara plucked out a large docket from his jacket, placing it on the bar counter.

Adell plucked out a smaller, fatter envelope and placed it on top of the docket. "3 grand, in hard cash," said Adell, smiling at O'Hara. "Looks like you have a gift for the newlyweds."

"Yeah..." murmured O'Hara. "My daughter sprang that on me. I mean, I always suspected, but I guess I wasn't prepared to hear it straight from her mouth."

"What did you do?"

"Well, the usual sort of reaction. I shouted, of course." O'Hara covered his face with his palm and let it slide down to the table. "Regretted it about five seconds later, but she was already in her room, crying. She even showed me a picture of her fiancée. She's beautiful."

Adell sighed, and patted O'Hara's shoulder. "At least you're not like my father."

"Well, maybe I can hook her up with you?"

Adell grinned awkwardly. "It doesn't work that way, I think. It's about what's inside, not outside."

O'Hara guffawed and slapped Adell's shoulder. "I'm joking, 'Dell!"

He opened the report, on the side, silently acknowledging O'Hara's laughter beside him. A quick scan told him two important facts: both victims had their hearts torn out of them after death, and their chests were savaged in equally brutal manners. A smaller envelope labelled 'photos' was left unopened. Adell still wanted to eat dinner after this.

"Both hearts... torn out."

O'Hara stopped laughing, and his face turned a little grim. "Yeah. I don't know who would do such a thing to two girls in their prime. The killer may strike again, though, but we don't have anything much beyond questioning a girl we found at the scene."

"Tomika Marias?" asked Adell. He heard that name before. A girl that was pretty good at fencing. Other than that, nothing much.

"Yup. I'm sure she has nothing to do with it, though. In the wrong place at the wrong time, I guess," replied O'Hara, downing his stein in a single gulp.

-----

The girl's dormitory. Adell had a pass to go in ($50 to the security guard was the trick. All the guys knew it. And if they got caught by someone else, $5000 went to the principal.), and he waltzed right to the door he guessed was Tomika's.

With a loud, authoritative knock, courtesy of weight-training, he drew attention to himself.

"Hey! I'm the guy earlier today. You okay?"

He held the docket by his side. If she wasn't interested in the murder, maybe he could ask for a date?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:55 pm 

Tomika wakes as he knocks on her door. She gave him an odd look as he casually let himself in.
She was buried under a pile of thick blankets. Her makeup had been washed away by her earlier shower, but aside from her head, nothing was showing. She'd clearly been crying before, as her eyes were still somewhat red. From her upper bunk bed, she had a clear line of sight to him. She didn't have a room mate, but she liked the elevation the bunk provided.
"oh, yea i remember you. Um, thanks for what you did, the whole situation was horrifying, and no one believing me made it that much worse."
She kept the blankets wrapped around herself as she sat up. The movement causes her weapon to give a slight rattle as it falls from the blankets to rest against her pillow.
"You weren't entirely correct though. Epee, foils, and rapiers are for stabbing, mine is a slashing weapon. Though i still doubt it could do that sort of damage. I don't keep it sharp, it's just a demonstration tool."
She pulled the weapon out of its case and rubbed the blade against her other arm. The action exposes her upper chest, showing that she probably wasn't wearing a shirt.
"See? It may as well be a bludgeoning weapon like this."
she lay it back across her pillow, and pulled the blankets back up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:38 am 

"Well, I got those two girls off you. It'd have taken ages if we got into technicalities. Can I take a seat?"

Without waiting for Tomika's answer, Adell sat on the lower bunk and lightly dusted the semi-unused blankets he sat upon. At this point, the girl could most likely see the docket he carried.

"Oh, this?" Adell motioned with his eyes towards the docket. "It's... well... the girls. The two murders. I purchased the autopsy reports from a friendly detective. The case itself is ridiculously creepy."

He looked up at her and smiled. "I know it's a little early, but maybe we could go on a date?"

That was the backup plan in case the docket stayed closed. A little wink was the icing on the cake, hopefully.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:27 pm 

Tomika looked at him as if he were an alien fish thing. "i really don't feel like leaving my bed today. If you want you can come up here though."
She scooted to one side of her bed, leaving plenty of room for him on the other side.
"why did you buy evidence? Police don't normally do that, so you must have some sort of connection. Do the police employ you?"
She leaned back on the wall her bed was against, on the short side where her head rests. on the long side is a window with large black curtains that keep the sunlight out. She stretched her legs out from under the blanket, showing her knees down. Clean, shaven, a little pale. There were small nicks here and there. Scars from small lacerations. The rest of her remained covered by the heavy blanket.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:28 am 

"Share a bed with a girl? That's a little bit forward on the first date," Adell giggled.

"The police don't employ me, I just got interested. After all, who can do this sort of thing..."

Adell grinned at Tomika as he opened the autopsy report, before he read the first paragraph. The details weren't as grisly as he expected but there were... implications.

"Cause of death was—" Adell looked up at Tomika, then closed the docket. "Yeah, it's a little morbid. Do you want to talk about anything?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:23 pm 

Tomika rolled her eyes at his first comment, "you're not 'sharing a bed' with me, i just wanted you at eye level. And...I can guess at cause of death. I saw the trauma. What makes no sense to me is how she was decayed so far. All the blood around her had already separated. She was cold and stiff. How did no one notice her?"

She leaned back against the wall, which effectively put her out of Adell's line of sight.
"I dunno, none of it makes any sense. She was a nice, polite person, I don't know why anyone would want to hurt her..."