All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:40 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Alright so, I have seen a lot of interest in D&D and D&D-like ideas being mentioned and I have decided I would GM a game geared towards being introductory and laid back. I'm doing it in Beta so that replies in the OC have a minimum of 5 sentences with 5 words to count as a viable post. The reason for this is that a one liner will not give enough for others to play off of.

This is a D&D 3.5edition Campaign Adventure
    -- each mini Campaign gains you experience points and levels up the characters to enter the next campaign
    -- each Campaign will get more complicated and therefore more fun!
    -- expect monster, a quest, and of course magic, items and whatever else I can come up with to make things interesting and fun!
    -- each Campaign has a goal that the group must/should work towards to gain even more points, or special shiny items *winks*

I have a few house rules I will be using. I'll list them in the OOC. They are there to make things simpler for those who have never played D&D and wish to dip their toes in the water.

This is a Dice based game, so expect to be using the dice mod on CF frequently.

I will be using primarily the core rulebooks. However, if you wish to use any of the more complex rulebooks simply PM me with the name of the rulebook you are using. If it is on Free Game Manuals you can use it, since I'll be able to open the PDF and read the specific rules. I do ask though that if you are going to deviate away from the more common manuals that you know what your doing please. It's less work for me, and since the big point of this is to get new beginning players introduced to D&D I want to be able to focus on helping them through the character creation process. That being said I'll still be more than happy to hep you out with a much more complex build if that's your desire.

Ok So In a nutshell what I'll be doing is starting out with a Dungeon Crawl to gain experience points and to give the new members a chance to try out the system before getting into the nitty-gritty of the big world. I have ten campaigns already planned out that can lead from one to the other, but I'll play it by ear. I do ask that if you do decide to join you try and stick out the 'campaign' if you can (part or level, example one campaign will go from level one to level two), if you can't I understand of course, but it does make it hard to keep going when the party becomes unbalanced.

If your interested I'm looking for a party of between 4 - 6 players (per parties for a total of 8 - 12 players).
Already I have reserved slots for:
Party 1&2
    Cotton
    Viridity
    girly2k
    Mystic Song
    Zavyr Darkeyes
    The Creator 7
    Eferhilda
    Terrence
    Alkalie
    GothicGnome
    Shadownox
    TheChaosK
That leaves a max of 0 open slots.

NOTE: I may make another group running the same campaign IF and only IF there is enough demand for that. It would all be done in the same OOC but the group IC threads would be split. That is the absolute max I can manage in a D&D campaign. If it turns out that I end up with four/six beginners and four/six old hats at the D&D then I may split the two groups that way. Again thought this is just ideas. Right now I'm looking at getting four to six players for a laid back beginning style campaign, that will grow to be more complex as the game progresses.

If you're interested please reply to this thread or PM me to express interest. If you reserve a slot I will add you to the list and change the open slots status.

If I get eight - to - twelve players expressing interest and reserving a slot I'll do two campaigns that will include the same material. It'll be the same dungeon, the same quests, but two individual groups of adventurers (and that alone will make them different) but by doing the same campaigns it means I only have to do the work once and not twice. I cannot GM two individual massive campaigns like this, but I can run two groups through the same campaign.

To Reserve A Slot
Post the following please:
-- beginner or old hat (basically I want to know if you've played D&D before or if you're completely new to the system)
-- let me know you wish to reserve a slot (if you just express interest, but do not specify that you wish to reserve a slot I'll presume your only interested and not actually decided on joining)

THE OOC
The OOC can be found Here it's still under creation...

Last edited by Fain on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:20 pm 

Medals: 3
Completed RP (2) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I want in!

3DS Friend Code: 1006-0072-9888

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:39 pm 

Do you want to reserve a slot Mysty or are you still thinking about it? If so please give me a heads up as to your D&D experience (new to the system or an old hat ;) )

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:17 pm 

Medals: 3
Completed RP (2) 1st Year (1)

I'd like to reserve a spot. I'm not technically new to DnD, since I've played Call of Cthulu, but I might still blank out on certain things.

3DS Friend Code: 1006-0072-9888

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:19 pm 

excellent and you have been added :D Thank you :) I'm working on the OCC as we speak. It's taking a while because it is a LONG OOC... to build that is...

I have the first post done. But I have another post to do for the OOC before it can be considered completed and ready to be put online. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:47 pm 

The OOC Found Here in it's partial state.

At this time the slots are full. SO if there is four other people or six other people who wish to join it will form a second party.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:17 am 

Aww, I wish to join too!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:24 am 

You may join. I will add you to the list tonight, but consider your spot reserved. Do you have a preference for which party you wis to join?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:29 am 

I'll take the first.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:31 am 

Sounds good. Head on over to the ooc and you can tart character creation. Be sure to read the info in the ooc on character creation especially please as my house rules are all there. :)