All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Mass Xover R2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:19 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

JDizzle slowly opened his eyes, not registering what was going on for the moment. “Where- where am I?” he thought out loud as he put a hand to his forehead. He noticed he was lying on the side of the street a couple blocks away from his house. “Oh no! I wasn't mugged was I?” he thought, checking for his wallet, keys and cellphone. They were all there, so he tried to piece together what happened. Then he saw a girl lying a few feet away that he didn't recognize, yet was somehow familiar begin to stir. She groaned and rolled over, and as soon as she saw him, she jumped up and yelled “Who the hell are you?” That's when it hit him.

“Rukia? This is really weird... you don't look like you normally do in Bleach.” He said. Then thinking for a bit, he chuckled lightly. “Well I suppose that would be a given though, since this is you in the real world...” She lowered her arms, and stared at JDizzle for a moment confused. Then realization struck and she smiled. “So someone beat the Overseer then? That at least is comforting. By the way... what is your real name? I never got the chance to ask, what with all the commotion.” She walked up to him and held out her hand to shake his.

“JDizzle.” JD said introducing himself formally to the anomaly that somehow stood before him. Shaking her hand, he smiled. “We should probably head to my house. Although I'm not quite sure how I'll explain you to my parents if they decide to visit.”

“You could always say I'm your girlfriend. That would solve a lot of problems really fast.” The girl replied, “Like where I'm supposed to live for instance.”

This made JDizzle begin to sweat. Sure, an anime character that you like reading about and watching said anime living with you sounded like a good thing, but when they were real... really actually in front of you, well... it made him nervous. She didn't have any records, so as far as this world was concerned, she didn't exist. Unfortunately, in the real world, JD was a people pleaser, so he just nodded and began leading her home.

When they got to his apartment, he unlocked the doors and walked inside. Remarkably, everything was exactly the way he left it when he had been pulled into that world of what he would have considered must have been a dream. The problem was, Rukia was right there beside him, so no matter what he told himself, it canceled itself out eventually.

“Look, Rukia, we need to talk.” he said as they sat down in his living room. “This is America.”

"So?" She said, not really understanding what he was trying to get at.

JDizzle sighed. “You can't go by a Japanese name here. Especially one from a well known Anime series.” He finished. She nodded. “I see your point. People would make a connection, or simply laugh and ask if I was Japanese. Hmmmm...” She paused, and thought about it for a minute. “Translating my name wouldn't work, since there really isn't much difference in words and names in Japan... How about Lydia?” she asked. “Sure. Sounds good.” JD answered. “On one condition.” She finished. “When we're alone, you still call me Rukia.”

“I can live with that.” JD said. Then he noticed an envelope that hadn't been on the coffee table before sitting there with a rather fancy letterhead. He picked it up. “To The Players? What in the world?” he slowly opened the letter, and two small blue spheres dropped out of the envelope, as well as a letter. Opening it, JD began to read out loud.

We regret to inform you that a hacker recently got into the systems of our Beta Test. As the testers, you have every right to dispose of these two World Spheres and forget this ever happened. We, however, would like to cordially invite you to the first Fully Transportive Game World. These Spheres give you access to the first “Checkpoint Zone” which will enable you to once again be a character chosen from a variety of worlds and allow you to wield their power as your own. Unfortunately, we had to wipe the program's saved character data, so you will no longer be allowed your old character bodies. For those of you receiving this letter and not knowing what the heck we are explaining, Congratulations! You have been approved as the Beta has finally become stable enough to open to the public!
Again we apologize for any inconveniences and assure you that the latest patch has destroyed the ability to hack The Game. Crush the sphere to begin and then visit an open Checkpoint Zone to log out. When logging out, you will be given a Checkpoint Sphere to return to your last log out position.

Rukia looked at the spheres, and picked on up to examine it. “If what that letter says is true, I won't be Rukia anymore when I crush this thing... Still it would be nice to see the others if we could contact them somehow.”

JDizzle laughed. “If it's a game, then all we need is a friend request sent to them and we can find them that way. I wouldn't mind seeing Vaati or Frahlah again... of course if this letter is anything to go by, they won't be those characters anymore. I think I'd pass if it were HellMaster Phibrizzo, though.”

Jdizzle then picked up the other blue marble like object, and smiled. “I don't see what the harm is if we both crush them. We both go to the Game and have some fun, then return after we have had our fill. Not a bad idea if you ask me.”

Rukia smiled. “On three then?”

“One.” JD started as if to answer her question.

“Two.” Rukia smiled. ~It might be fun to be another person from some other universe.~ She thought

“Three!” they both shouted as they crushed the World Spheres.

The world around them seemed to shatter like glass as they were pulled into a room that seemed to be an upright circular tube of some kind. “Welcome to the Arcomovani Islands.” a voice said out of nowhere. “You have been designated as Beta Players. Starter Packs will be awarded to your accounts immediately following the customization process. Acquiring data... please wait a moment.... acquiring data... please wait a moment.... acquiring complete. Avatars received.”

JDizzle looked at the two images that appeared before Rukia and himself. “Kazuto Kirigaya? He doesn't even have any powers except inside the VR games he plays!”

As if in answer to his question, the voice in the room said, “Uploading Four-in-One Avatar system. Starter Pack Swap Pill removed to compensate. Would you like to customize?” JDizzle thought this over and finally said “Yes. Give me some red on the coat, and for the Plasma Sword: make it green.”

“Affirmative. Removing 700 Gold from your account.”

Rukia was looking up at a picture trying to decide if she was thrilled, or let down. “Android 18?” she read as she looked at the writing below the image. “Would you like to customize?” the same voice asked her.

“Yes. Remove the piercings. And give her a sword.” Rukia said.

“Piercings removed. This is a free option. Other option unavailable.”

Rukia stood there looking mad until JDizzle said. “She's basically got a near infinite supply of energy and attacks that are somewhat similar to kido. Oh, and she can fly and has metal bones.”

“Fine! So what do we do to start?”

Again, as if the room had heard them, it said, “Are you ready?” and a button appeared before them. They pushed it simultaneously, and suddenly were standing next to a large semicircle as Android 18 and Kazuto Kirigaya. JD used his right arm to call up his inventory and found a button that said “Avatar swap.” Scrolling through it, he found the Gun Gale Online avatar, selected it, and sighed.

“Awesomeness at the price of looking like a girl...”

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Last edited by JDizzle383 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Mass Xover R2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:54 pm 

In College

Medals: 10
Completed RP (5) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (5)

She felt so groggy at first that she didn't even want to open her eyes. However, she soon realized that she'd been sleeping on the floor in the entryway, and forced herself to wake up. Doce pulled herself up onto her knees and raised her arms above her in a stretch. "What a great dream~" she murmured without thinking. The high school student pulled herself onto her feet then leaned against a wall to steady herself as the room blacked out around her. Low blood pressure... she thought, waiting patiently for the oxygen to make it back to her brain. It didn't seem particularly strange to her that she'd taken a nap on the floor, but that opinion changed the instant she saw she was still wearing shoes. Her back pack was on the floor next to her, and, judging by the time, she'd just gotten home from school.

Doce spent a minute or two trying to use real-world scenarios to explain such an out-of-character occurrence. Then, she started to recall what she'd been dreaming about. But it wasn't a dream, she told herself. She couldn't remember what had happened, but she knew it wasn't a dream. After taking a moment to take off her shoes and put her things in their proper places, she retreated to the big chair in the living room and curled up in it, trying to remember.

"I... I was a boy," she said, speaking softly like she sometimes did when she was trying to remember things. "And... there were others. It was someplace else, and we were trapped. And... And I met Hellmaster Phibrizzo!" It was all coming back to her now. The struggles she'd had (which seemed somewhat minimal in retrospect), the people she'd met, and how she, Rin, and Phibrizzo had teamed up secretly near the end to destroy the machine and free everyone. Her heart was pounding now, adrenaline rushing through her veins at the thought of something so exciting. And she found herself wondering what was next. Was that all there was to it? She had this grand adventure and now it was just over? She couldn't even tell anybody about this or they'd just think she was crazy. She had few enough friends as it stood... None, really. Everyone she met was more of an amicable acquaintance. No enemies, no true friends... kinda sad, really.

She wrote it all off then. No, seriously. She decided that for right then she wanted to check her backpack in case she'd forgotten any homework assignments she'd gotten before being spirited away. There was some math. She sat down and did that assignment to help clear her head. It's nice to have some alone time, she thought. That whole put-my-life-in-danger-anime-crossover thing was fun and all, but my social stamina needed some recharging.

She stood from her desk, having finished her homework, and that's when she noticed the letter sitting on her bed. For me? she wondered, reaching forward to take it. "To the Players"? Her heart skipped a beat. In her mind, there was only one thing this letter could be about. Slowly, meticulously, she unsealed the envelope to read what was inside.

We regret to inform you that a hacker recently got into the systems of our Beta Test. As the testers, you have every right to dispose of these two World Spheres and forget this ever happened. We, however, would like to cordially invite you to the first Fully Transportive Game World. These Spheres give you access to the first “Checkpoint Zone” which will enable you to once again be a character chosen from a variety of worlds and allow you to wield their power as your own. Unfortunately, we had to wipe the program's saved character data, so you will no longer be allowed your old character bodies. For those of you receiving this letter and not knowing what the heck we are explaining, Congratulations! You have been approved as the Beta has finally become stable enough to open to the public!
Again we apologize for any inconveniences and assure you that the latest patch has destroyed the ability to hack The Game. Crush the sphere to begin and then visit an open Checkpoint Zone to log out. When logging out, you will be given a Checkpoint Sphere to return to your last log out position.

"... I can go back..." The whole goodbyes not being permanent thing usually threw Doce off. In those last moments she'd said goodbye to Acromovani, but here it was inviting her back. She tried to put it off, running across the street to the convenience store and buying a chocolate bar. She gratefully devoured the snack and peered again at the little blue sphere sitting on the coffee table in front of her. She was trying to weigh a whole lot of options that were truly irrelevant, considering time didn't seem to pass when she was in Acromovani. Eventually, one side won the psychological game, and she crushed the Checkpoint Sphere.

The world around her shattered, and she couldn't help but think of Hunter X Hunter's Greed Island, Accel World, and SAO. Then came the best part; finding out which character she was going to be. Apparently, since she was a "Beta Player," she was going to get some kind of starter pack, but that would wait. Doce bit her lip in anticipation as the voice processed her avatar. "Lucy, huh?" I'm a girl this time. "From Elfen Lied. Okay."

The voice rang out from nowhere: "Would you like to customize?" Oh, no way. I can customize her? Epic! "Yes," she said. "How about... I want to change her outfit. Give her a white tank-top--cropped off just above the bellybutton, and the thick straps, not spaghetti straps. And... white shorts: denim, cut of at mid-thigh... silver button, not gold or copper colored. And... combat boots... made of white leather. Don't make the shoelaces too long, either." Doce rarely had an opinion on things, so when she actually wanted something a certain way she got real picky.

"Affirmative," the voice said. "Removing 1,000 Gold from your account." How much did I have? she wondered dubiously. "Are you ready?" the voice asked, and a button appeared in the air before her. Doce took a couple calming breaths, set her hand on the button, and gave a gentle push.

It wasn't as dramatic as her transportation from the real world, but it was still disorienting. She pressed the button and she ended up someplace else. Simple, really. Looking around, the most noticeable landmark in the area was a glowing archway, swirling with blue light. It looked like a fairly standard video game portal. She could also see two figures standing not-far-off. That was interesting, but first things first, she had to check her outfit to make sure they'd done it right. It was perfect. Lucy's, tall, fit, curvy figure pulled it off so well, too. Doce also noticed that her Lucy avatar still had long hair, which was fine by her. Well, since she'd addressed that much, Doce let her attention fall back to the two females not far from her. Then, an idea happened: they were probably beta testers. Well... it was possible, anyway, since she was a beta tester and they'd arrived about the same time.

She wanted to find out if she knew them, so she walked over. "Hi, I was wondering if we met here before... My name's Doce." She tried for a smile, and it was probably about as shy and uncomfortable-looking on Lucy's face as it would have been on her own. She shook her head mentally. It was so much easier to fake peppiness in Frahlah's body.

Your result for The Fantasy RPG Class Test...

The Witch Hunter
15% Strength, 67% Bloodlust, 10% Intelligence, 37% Spirit, 22% Vitality and 13% Agility!

Savage and deadly, the Witch Hunters use their powerful dark magic to defeat their opponents. Masters of killing and torture, the Witch Hunters will seek out other powerful magic users to slay so that they can capture their souls and summon them in battle. These dark undead magicians will blindly serve them and obey their every command! Witch Hunters have also mastered both light and dark magic, which they can use to confuse and mentally torture their foes. Witch Hunters that have strayed to the side of light may be less proficient with their dark magic; however, they can use their mastery over light to heal and create powerful illusions. In fact, these warriors can use their light in ways that no other spellcaster class can. By combining their light with dark magic, they can trap their foes in worlds of illusion where they can torment and torture their foes. Oftentimes, a few moments within the illusion can seem like an eternity, and once an opponent manages to escape from the illusion they are broken and empty shells of their former selves. Controlling enemies and forcing them to do their bidding is no trouble for Witch Hunters.

Congratulations on reaching this high class!

You have not mastered any Hidden Power granted by the Genie.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:47 pm 

Medals: 5
Completed RP (2) 1st Year (1)

"Well thats that was a nice dream even if it confused me a little." Said Zavyr as he lifted his head of the couch that layed near the Wii U system he often used. He didn't really see how the dream ended besides from his point of view, but he figured it involved the disappearance of a few people that resulted in the ending.

"Well might as well check the mail maybe see if Gamefly sent a new game." Zavyr stood up and walked out the front door of course he noticed he was wearing a pair of shorts and one of those backwards bathrobes, only he wore it more like robes of a wizard, then again he would be wearing it like a normal bathrobe. As he got them mail he noticed a box addresed to him but with no return address, but brought it in anyways.

Placing the box on the couch and going through the mail placing all of them on the dining table, appearently he had not been sent a game from Gamefly, but the box seemed interesting as he wasn't expecting something like it.

Taking a pocket knive he carefully opened the box to find a blue orb and a message.

Reading the message he examined the blue orb with a grin. "So it wasn't a dream well as confusing as it was it was rather fun and I don't mind going back even if I can't be the same guy I was in that world." Zavyr said right before shattering the orb.

With the shattering of the orb so too did his surroundings finding himself in a endless room of light and infront of him a form of charcter selection. As he looked he heard the words "Select your character!"

Some charcters he knew or looked like a character he knew, as he skimmed the characters he though about something. Sure Vaati was probably out of reach for him from what the message stated he knew of other characters of magic and one had popped into his head. "Search for characters with key words Kamek and Koopa." With those words uttered a list characters with either Kamek, and/or Koopa appeared. It didn't take long till he found what he seeked. Selecting the one of the Magikoopas that had a name a picture of a turtle like creature in blue robes riding a broom as if some sort of witch and in his right hand was a wand. The character was labeled Kamek Koopa, and it was the one Zavyr chose to select.

After selecting Kamek, Zavyr heard the voice again. It asked if he wanted to customize the character, though for the moment Zavyr was fine with the natural look of Kamek.

After every part of the character creation process was finished Zavyr found himself teleported to the game world near three others.

As he noticed the three he couldn't help but call out to them in the guise of the Magikoopa he appeared to be.

"You three, who are you, where am I, and what have you done with my master?" Zavyr had a good idea of where he was but knew not who the others were.

3DS Friend code: 1762-3216-4894

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:18 am 

I have returned

Jack sat back from his couch, dropping the Rock Band guitar. Every sing song on the disk in one go, done.
Oh.
My.
Goodness.
My hand will be curled for days.
I'm never doing that again.
OUCH.

After all these thoughts flew through his head the door bell rang.
"Oh what wonderful person is upstairs waiting for me?" Walking out of the basement he opened the door to find only a small box. It wasn't UPS, it lacked a return address, and it had his name on it.
"Present!"
He took it inside and opened it up on the spot. The marble was pretty cool, and then the note.

Now, Jack's a gamer, so when he read Beta he knew what they were talking about (ish) so when the letter ended, he picked up the orb and examined it.

So this is a game?
Like VR?
SAO?
"SAO is freaking awesome." And this will put him in something similar if this thing actually works?
And he can be anybody?
"I know exactly who I'd be, The Joker!"
With these thoughts in mind, Jack squeezed the orb, crushing it.

And reality goes capoot.

When reality finally rebooted he was in a white cylinder.
"Holy crap it worked."
Then a voice came out of nowhere,
"Welcome to the Arcomovani Islands. Please chose your character."
An image appeared in front of Jack, and his jaw dropped. It was Jack Spade. His pet project, his fantasy character, him and his best friends inside joke, the good version of the Joker. He never even drew the guy, let alone post it online. The closest thing he did was make him in Rock Band, but this was him in all his realistic glory. Purple hair, purple trench coat, baseball bat, and knife.
Everything.

"How did you get this character?" Jack asked the voice.
"It was chosen from your subconscious, original characters are encouraged." It responded.
"Then give me him."
"Would you like to customize?" The voice asked.
"I thought you took him from my mind? Wouldn't he be exactly as he is there?"
"You must purchase his gadgets, he only comes with the bat and the knife, no amulet attached." The voice explained.
"How can I get the missing pieces?" Jack asked back, becoming upset.
"You can purchase them, you start with 1000 gold."
Relief. "Then I'll get the amulet, and if it's possible the joy buzzer."
"That will leave you with 100 gold."
"Perfect."

"Are you ready?" A button appeared in front of Jack, which he pressed immediately. He suddenly found himself in field, there was an arch way off in the distance. A little while off there was three people and a, is that what I think it is? A Magikoopa from Mario? Walking closer he noticed that Kuritio from SAO was there too, the Gun Gale version.
"Oh I see their all players." Jack said to himself, not expecting anyone to respond.
"Well better go talk to them."
Jack stopped in place looked around and then stopped to think.

First, who the heck was that and second, why didn't he get scared or startled at all when he heard him?
"You forgot, Jack Spade is a sociopath and mildly psychotic. He doesn't feel, and I'm the voice in his head. You made him, you should remember this."
Right, Jack's crazy. This is going to be fun.

I should probably be worried about how I responded to that.
"Nah."

Jack continued to walk over to the three people and koopa. "So are any of you Beta players and know what we're supposed to do from here or are you all greenies like me?" Jack asked when he got to them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:54 pm 

Medals: 2
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

yuki woke up laying on her bed the sun streaming in through her window. "I don't even remember falling asleep" yuki yawned stretching her arms high above her head. She stood up walking down the stairs to the kitchen. She opened her doubledoor fridge pulling out some orange juice and a apple. yuki walked over to the table taking a seat and took a drink of the orange juice from the jug when a sudden knock on her door was heard. She sighed standing up and walking to the door. "who is it" she said from the other side not opening the door. "Mail ma'am" a male voice said from the other side. yuki opened the door taking the mail. "sign here ma'am" The mail man hands her a paper that she signs and hands back. "Thank you" She turns around taking the box inside and setting on the table finshing her orange juice and taking a bite of the apple. "Wonder what it is" yuki sat her apple down and took the box in the living opening it. "interesting" She picked up the orb and looked at it and then she noticed the sphere she reached for the letting opening it and reading whats inside. "Oh so its a game cool!" She looked at the orb "Well its worth a try" She squeezed the orb shattering it. Everything goes black for a second then a bright white light appears blinding her for a second. "Welcome to arcomovani Islands. Please choose a character" yuki watched in awe as her favorite character from her favorite anime appeared. "Whoa cool!" "Would you like to customize" the voice said. "no i wouldnt" yuki replied a big smile on her face. "Please press the button to continue" A small button appeared in front of her. yuki pressed it everything going black again and then the world appears around her. yuki looks around noticing the group of four and walks over. "Hello could you um tell me what this world is"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:33 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

As Lucy walked up to Kirito and Android 18(JDizzle and Rukia respectively), Kirito put a hand on his gun. That was Lucy. Murderous Dyclonius Lucy. this didn't look too good for any of his avatars. SAO... she'd be able to block his blade with her vectors. AlFheim, same thing. Gun Gale however, he had a pistol. But that would still be deflected if she caught it with her vectors. As he tried and failed to come up with ways to get away from her, she spoke up without evil intent at all.

"Hi, I was wondering if we met here before... My name's Doce."

Kirito let his hand fall off his gun. "Doce? well I'll be a son of a b**ch. I honestly didn't expect to meet anyone I knew this soon! Oh... forgive me for not introducing myself properly during the Beta. I don't beleive there was time enough for it. I was Masahide back then, however my real name is JDizzle. And 18 over here was Rukia. still not really sure how she's even able to exist in the real world, But hey, I'm not complaining! Just to be safe, though... you aren't touching me with your vectors are you?"

As he said this, a character he recognized from the Super Mario series called out and apparently wanted to know where Bowser was. 18 sighed. "Greeeeaaaat! another idiot who thinks he actually IS who he appears to be. I swear, some people take Cosplay to a whole new level!"

JDizzle laughed. "You take everything too seriously. If he wants to be Kamek Koopa, I don't see a problem with it!" Then a character JDizzle didn't recognize, but looked somewhat familiar walked up and asked a question that immediately labeled him as a New Player.

"So are any of you Beta players and know what we're supposed to do from here or are you all greenies like me?"

JD smiled. "Actually, we're all Beta Players. well actually I'm not sure about Kamek over there, but I, 18 and Lucy are definitely Beta Players" he put an arm across his chest and the other hand on his chin. "And I'm not really sure what the end objective is, since the previous end goal was to apparently foil a hackers plans. still not sure who did that since the end of the Beta simply sucked me through a hole and stuff..." As he finished speaking, another player he didn't recognize walked up.

"Hello. Could you um... tell me what this world is?"

18 spoke up this time. "Didn't you read the letter? it clearly explained that this is a Transportive Game World. apparently no time passes in the real world while we're here too. The only thing that wasn't really answered in the letter was the point of the Game."

As she finished speaking, a ringing noise was heard coming from each player. "What the heck?" JDizzle exclaimed. He quickly brought up Kirito's inventory to find out if it was an item in his possession. then he noticed that it wasn't just him. everyone had a button appear in front of them that said "Incoming Message. Accept Transmission?"

He smiled "Well I guess that answers that!" and he hit the 'yes' button which for some reason was in Japanese for him, but English for 18. A picture of the island popped up and now showed a large arena in the center of the islands where the Fortress used to be.

"Welcome Players! As the battle Arena is open now, we will be holding tournaments with special prizes periodically. you can sign up for them at the terminals on the entrances of the North, West, East and South entrances. There will be Qualifiers and Semifinals leading up to the main Finals matches. we expect you to be at least level five or above to enter. you may also enter as a four person team with a benched fifth player to swap out in case of strategy changes and fight alongside each other against other teams. If you need to increase your level, there are creatures spread across the map for you to defeat. there are also ferries that will bring you to special "Mission Zones" spread across the Islands, but these are usually better handled with a five person team. Also, the Checkpoint Zones are surrounded by mini bosses that will drop higher level loot than the normal creatures. There are also NPCs that can give you things for helping them. To send a team or freind request, please slide your right hand from your left shoulder to your right hip, then select the character in the list of people within a meter of you. would you like me to repeat the message?"

JDizzle hit the No button.

"So, Does anyone want to go hunting with me?" JDizzle asked. "I'm not sure what kind of creatures this place has. Besides, according to that message, we could all use a couple level ups if we want to see about entering the tournaments."

He made the custom friend/team request gesture and sent a friend request to Doce, 18, Kamek Koopa, and the two new players he didn't recognize. "The more friends the better, right?" he asked them. "We'll worry about a team for the tournament later."

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:52 pm 

In College

"Masahide..." Doce murmured, still somewhat confused. When the dark haired girl pointed to 18 and called her Rukia, though, it clicked. "Oh! You were that blue-haired guy!" she smiled. "I guess it's nice to finally know your name--I'm terrible with them, though, so try to be patient with me if I forget." He asked her about her vectors and she had to pause. Doce realized that she had no ****ing idea how Lucy's powers worked yet. "Ah, no," she said simply. "I don't think it would matter anyway if I was. Considering that time doesn't pass in-game, these likely aren't real physical bodies. It's probably a function similar to that in Accel World: our minds are in hyper-drive, allowing us to exist in this place and process physical sensations. We might even be able to die here, but there shouldn't be any lasting physical damage besides that possibility."

Doce looked at the Koopa mage thing from mario, somewhat annoyed by his outburst. She frowned at him, calling out: "Irrelevant. You're playing the wrong game, turtle."

Then a third person approached. Doce let JD say his part, then nudged her way in shyly to fill in some lose ends. "Ah, about that... Well, I'll give the short, thorough version: Frahlah finally started talking in my head and he had an idea as to where the machine could be. So I, Lord Hellmaster, and Rin teleported over. Rin and Hellmaster Phibrizzo held off the Overseer while I dealt with the machine." She shrugged. "It was easy enough. The machine was like a slot machine. I just utilized Frahlah's unnatural luck to use the thing to summon a character that could reverse its effects. Sorry I didn't tell you--we thought it would be easier if we could sneak by with a small team."

Then another stranger arrived and they all got a little phone call. This Battle Arena sounds a little like Yu Yu Hakushou... dangerous. When the message asked if she wanted to repeat it, she selected yes and ignored the others for a moment. The message repeated and she frowned. There was something about the setup that she didn't like; it reminded her of SAO. Hopefully nothing too disastrous would go wrong.

Doce saw the friend request in front of her and hit the accept button. "Thanks, but no thanks," she said, smiling unhappily. "I'm more of a solo player." She would have laughed if she'd seen the second season of SAO. Since she hadn't, she didn't know that JD was Kirito's third avatar, and didn't make the connection.

She knew she would need quiet and privacy to figure out how to work Lucy's powers. Quietly, somewhat awkwardly, she started to walk away from the group. "I guess I'll find a way to message you when I reach level five," she called over her shoulder, offering a slight wave.

The Witch Hunter
15% Strength, 67% Bloodlust, 10% Intelligence, 37% Spirit, 22% Vitality and 13% Agility!

Savage and deadly, the Witch Hunters use their powerful dark magic to defeat their opponents. Masters of killing and torture, the Witch Hunters will seek out other powerful magic users to slay so that they can capture their souls and summon them in battle. These dark undead magicians will blindly serve them and obey their every command! Witch Hunters have also mastered both light and dark magic, which they can use to confuse and mentally torture their foes. Witch Hunters that have strayed to the side of light may be less proficient with their dark magic; however, they can use their mastery over light to heal and create powerful illusions. In fact, these warriors can use their light in ways that no other spellcaster class can. By combining their light with dark magic, they can trap their foes in worlds of illusion where they can torment and torture their foes. Oftentimes, a few moments within the illusion can seem like an eternity, and once an opponent manages to escape from the illusion they are broken and empty shells of their former selves. Controlling enemies and forcing them to do their bidding is no trouble for Witch Hunters.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:20 am 

Kamek seemed to respond to the idiot comment but couldn't help but laugh."An idiot I might look like but you know nothing about me. You only know what I am, a magikoopa named Kamek. Said the Magikoopa as he walked over to the group pressing a button that appeared near him. Those who chose to send him a friend request might be surprised to see a single name registered for the magikoopa. His username was Zavyr.

Despite the fact he probably granted some of the group knowledge of who he was, he stuck by the persona he had adopted for his appearance. With a wave of his wand and a few choice words the Magikoopa summoned forth what appeared to be an ordinary broom in his left hand.

"Though Bowser appears to not be hear I shall grant you the use of my magic, and I bet only a few beside me have flight. Said Kamek as he hopped onto the broom and took to the air feeling it better to fly than walk. Though he appeared to be hiding it well he was enjoying the feeling of floating on air with the wind brushing against him and the blue robes he wore.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:14 pm 

I have returned

Jack was pretty thrilled by the fact that he had just met at least three, maybe for beta players right off the bat. Wether or not they knew the objective didn't matter. Oh! Button! After listening to the voice Jack was ready for an adventure with people he never met before.

When the pink haired girl walked off it was all he could do not to burst out laughing. Oh man, the irony. Either that was on purpose or she had no idea who Kuritio was. Good thing he had a voice in his head to laugh for him, otherwise he would have done it himself.

When the friend/team request popped up Jack hit the button right away. So the Kurito guy was named JDizzle.

"Count me in on this party."

"The JDizzle guy will likely be the leader of this little group." The voice in Jack's head mentioned. "We should start getting some tips from him."

"Good plan." Turning towards JDizzle. "So since you've been here before, any sage advice you'd like to give me? Like how does the fighting system work? Or how much is gold worth here?" Then a thought came to Jack's mind. Turning towards the group. "And what should I call all you guys? Cause I'd rather not be referring to your character names all the time. Especially since the only characters here I know Kurito and the wiz turtle." Jack looked up at the flying turtle with the last comment. "Who I still can't decide if he's a CPU."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:20 pm 

Yuki glared at 18 when she said her remark. "Well sooorry for wanting to know how they created this world and how the system im using works my apologies" Yuki saw the button appear and listened to the message. When it asked if she wanted to hear it again she pressed no. She went to go ask a question again but the party invite appeared. She stood there debating slightly not knowing if she wanted to party with that girl who seemed to know nothing of being kind. In the end she accepted it. "So i take it you two are beta players" she said to JDizzle and rukia.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:47 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

JDizzle laughed a bit as Doce walked out of earshot. "I'm guessing she hasn't seen SAO." he muttered too quietly for her to hear. He may have only been half right, but it didn't really matter, since he had nothing against solo players. besides, they ended up getting ALL the loot if and when they beat monsters, so he could easily see why she would want it that way.

Then JDizzle turned to look at his friend list. While the MagiKoopa was responding to 18's Cosplay comment, he scanned the list. ~"Zavyr? where have I heard that name before? Ah well, it'll come back to me if it's important."~ he thought.

Doce. not surprising. he remembered her openly giving her name in the Beta as well.

He noticed that the guy who had referred to himself as a greenie had the name "Jack Spade" next to his listing. Something told him this guy was one you wanted to have on your team, but he hadn't even seen him in action. Maybe it was the "Ha's" all over his shirt???

Rukia. he immediately knew who that one was, so he skipped to the last name that had appeared in the list.

Naminie. he knew for sure he hadn't any idea who this girl was. Or who her avatar was either for that matter. still, she looked capable of handling herself. I mean, from experience what character from anime carrying a scythe couldn't handle themselves?

"So since you've been here before, any sage advice you'd like to give me? Like how does the fighting system work? Or how much is gold worth here?"

Kirito smiled. "As far as the fighting system goes, just let the character's reflexes take over to pull of the stuff you don't think you could do yourself. I'm not really sure about the Gold stuff, because the first time we were here, it wasn't implemented. As for what you should call us..." he swiped his fingers across his friend list, causing it to expand and show the group each other's names. "I'm JDizzle, but you can call me JD for short. That's Rukia, and before you ask, yes, the one from BLEACH. It's... complicated. And Rukia, don't you think that was a bit harsh? sure we got letters, but they weren't tutorials to The Game!"

Rukia looked down at the ground. "I'm sorry, I'm just **** that I don't have a sword anymore." she turned to Yuki. "Start over?" she asked holding out a hand.

With that done, JD sighed. "I think I'm going to try SAO Avatar for a while." and he brought up the Japanese inventory system, which for some reason he read as plain English. Swapping out his Avatar, He drew his primary blade as the Black Swordsman. "Let's go!" he said as he led the group a ways away from the starting area. Spotting something all too familiar to him, he gasped. "That's a Great Jaggi! everyone stop."

Thankfully the beast hadn't seen them yet. "Okay, I'll give you the rundown on what that creature's tactics are. it calls for it's smaller partners, known as jaggi, to attack us as it attacks simultaneously. if one goes down, it calls for more, and the number of jaggi increases by two. Also, when hurt badly it will attempt to run away. don't let it escape or we'll lose the chance to loot it. Zavyr, can you stun it with a spell of some sort? Any advantage against it would be good. I and Naminie will go in and innitiate melee attacks. Rukia, you fly out of reach and use ki blasts to weaken it. Jack... ummm what exactly can you do? I don't recognize your character from anywhere..."

Rukia spoke up. "What are ki blasts?"

"Pretend you are using kido. has that thing spotted us yet? No? Good. Jack it would be best if you let us know what you wanted to do before we all charge in there. what weapons do you have?"

Great Jaggi pic for those who don't play MH3U | +

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:13 pm 

I have returned

Jack nodded as JD gave home his wisdom, and was slightly surprised to learn there was money system in the Beta.
Oh well.
And when JD introduced Rukia he thought her parents must love bleach. That entire thing about her being 'The Rukia' has to be some kind of inside joke from the Beta.

Jack knew about great Jaggis and there tactics, having killed and captured tons on MH3.

Then the question of his powers came up.

"My characters an man of my own creation, the game literally plucked him out of my head so I don't blame you for not knowing who he is. As for my abilities, my knife can absorb magic," he pulled out his knife with his right hand. "And my bat is practically unbreakable and as a benefit," he tightened his grip on the bat, charging it with electricity from his joy buzzer, "it can conduct electricity very well. I might be able to give the thing paralysis if it works the same way it does in the games. I can also have a great eye for patterns and stuff, I might be able to figure out where it will try to escape, keep it from running. I have a bunch of other tools I can purchase but for now that's all I got."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:16 pm 

In College

Doce wandered randomly, for the most part. She had a good sense of direction, and complete faith in her ability to find that blue archway again. She walked until she felt far enough from the others, then mimicked what she'd seen JD do with his hand to open the user interface. She found her items inventory and remembered the "starters pack" she'd received upon entering the game. She clicked on it and selected the open option. Inside she found an extra 200 Gold (making her no longer bankrupt, as she could see her money from the user interface), a strange crystal thingy which she was clueless about, and a quick note congratulating her again on completing the Beta. Beyond that and her clothes, she really had nothing.

"I can probably get some decent loot grinding mobs around here," she muttered to herself. But before that, I've got to figure out how to work these vector things.

She moved a little bit more out into the open, closed her eyes, and focused. It really only took a little bit of concentration for her to sense them. Starting with basic movements, she learned to wiggle the things around until they were positioned in front of her. I must be making this harder than it needs to be, she thought, breathing out an exhausted sigh. I should be able to move them with just my mind. Nowhere in the anime did it state that willpower was necessary.

Doce relaxed her body, taking several deep breaths. After a minute or so, when she felt ready, she opened her eyes and whipped one of her vectors around. It sliced clean through the trunk of the tree behind her. She called on three of her vectors to catch the thing and set it down, before it could crash. Doce hated loud noises. "So the trick is to use only so many at a time as I need," she said softly. She wiggled one of the things in front of her and focused on it so it became visible. "They really are like flat-y ghost hands," she thought out loud, allowing the vector to revert back to transparency. She started strolling off in search of prey.

The Witch Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:37 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

"Now we're getting somewhere!" JD proclaimed. "Jack, you get as close as you can and stun it after Zavyr uses his magic. After that happens, find out where it intends to escape and cut off it's path. Is everyone ready? Good. and I don't thinkI need to remind you, but whatever you do, DON'T aim for the smaller ones. they will just keep coming back until we're all either too exhausted to fight, KO'd or logged out."

"I don't mean to sound stupid or redundant here, but what the hell is ki? And why couldn't the system just let me have my Zanpakuto to begin with? This is getting more frustrating every minute I stand here." Rukia asked. then she turned to JD, anger evident on her face. "And I don't appreciate being called an "Anomaly" when I'm right next to you! Even though we both come from different worlds, one of which seems to be able to watch the other on a box, I still deserve to know how to live in this reality that isn't my own!"

"SHHH. Not now! I think the Great Jaggi noticed us! Kamek, Jack, Go! we'll follow up and attack when you knock it down." JD said, noticing the monster coming closer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:58 pm 

yuki nodded. "ITs fine no worries" yuki held out her hand and shook ruikia's. "we all have our bad days i suppose" she smiled though it didnt reach her eyes. "my name is yuki by the way" She smiled at everyone "So you guys all played this before"she frowned. "makes me feel like a noob in a way" she laughed. "but oh well i suppose being new isnt so bad atleast i found some nice people when i first started" She said more to her self then others. Yuki then turned and watched the other girl whos name she still didnt know practiced she still didnt know her name. Yuki noticed the giant mob coming near her and drew her scythe. "What should i do?"

Last edited by naminie on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:01 pm 

Kamek looked to JD at the suggestion of stunning the creature. "[color=#0000] A great Jaggi it might be with a spell I can remove that greatness.[/color] spoke the Magikoopa as he positioned himself to the creatures blind spot while avoiding its sight muttering a few words as he charged his wand with energy he swung the wand towards the creature releasing the spinning shapes that made it obvious that the magikoopa had cast a form of transformation spell but what spell was unknown.

When the spell made contact the Great Jaggi began to shrink, reducing weight and weakening its natural weapons as it went from great jaggi to a small normal jaggi sized one. It was what the magikoopa said he had aimed to shrink the creature reducing its offensive abilitiy. After launching the spell Kamek had already started to prepare another spell his gaze changing from the jaggi to the magikoopa's allies.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:26 pm 

I have returned

Jack was running towards the great jaggi head on when Zavyr's magic hit it.

"Aaaaw, it almost looks cute now." Jack was just a little way away from it, and had his bat in front of him, blocking the not-so-great jaggi's attacks, practically playing with it. It was currently chewing on the bat.

"Whatever Zanyr did it probably isn't permanent, you should hurt the thing before it gets big again."

"Fine." Jack squeezed the bat, setting off the joy buzzer and electrocuting the jaggi from from the mouth out. Paralysis followed after. Jack took his bat out of the things mouth and mimicking a golf swing, hit it in the head.

"Fore!"

Moving away from it, he observed his surroundings, looking for a game trail. Most creatures follow distinct paths they know are safe, so chances are it would follow those trail when it needs to escape.

Problem was, there was too many trails, and Jack had no idea what kind of tracks to look for. Then a thought occurred to Jack. The great jaggi would try to run to its nest, which would also be where the smaller jaggi would come from. With these thoughts in mind, Jack ignored JD's orders and promptly hit one of the regular jaggi's in the head, then proceeded to stab it until he got loot.

Jack then watched for the replacement jaggi to come, and when it came from the left side of the closest hill, Jack ran over there, and started to prep himself for the great jaggi's escape attempt.

"Hey Zanyr, if you could spare some magic through some at my knife, that way I can use some magic on the thing when it tries to escape." Jack took his knife out and held it up, making an easy target for the mage.

PostThis post was deleted by naminie on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:56 pm.
Reason: dont like it
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:58 pm 

yuki watched the giant creature slowly shrunk to a smaller size. She laughed watching it. "Its kinda cute dont you think" She laughed at the others. She watched jack as he sent the poor thing flying. "Well that was kinda mean dont you think" She turned and watched jack stab one to death. "Aren't those things high leveled" she turned looking at rukia. A look of pure confusion on her face. "how is he able to take one down all by him self" She turned back watching jack get ready. "i feel so newbie right now" She sighed looking at the ground. She pulled out her scythe swing at the grass cutting it with ease.

Last edited by naminie on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:28 pm 

In College

The air was clean in this neck of the woods. Doce was sure to take deep breaths of the stuff, admiring its purity. True, the air here was only a product of the game's environment, but it was still impressive to her that they could make it taste so good. She'd almost forgotten that she was hunting by the time she finally spotted her prey.

It was an odd little creature: about three feet tall, four-and-a-half feet long. It appeared to be some kind of cross between a lion and a boar. It had the body of a boar, but the mane of a lion, and front paws to match. Although it was fairly small, Doce could see the muscles bulging under its skin from where she stood.

The creature didn't seem to have noticed her yet, so she crouched down and leapt into the air. Lucy's body carried her into an impressive jump, naturally flipping itself when she reached the zenith. The Lion-Boar noticed her shadow over it, and turned to face her, squealing angrily and readying its tusks to catch her in a painful embrace. It was now or never. Doce pulled her new body into a horizontal spin as she descended, she called on one of her vectors to follow with her momentum, and it sliced the creature as she came around. She landed in a crouch, struggling to focus with how dizzy she'd made herself. Damn motion sickness, she thought, bringing a hand to her mouth while her stomach churned unpleasantly. I suppose because it's my mind processing these motions, there will be certain physical flaws that carry over in addition to the psychological ones.

Since she was distracted, she didn't notice that she'd failed to kill the hostile mob. She'd been aiming to decapitate it, but, well, her aim was off. She'd dealt it a fatal wound, but not outright killed the creature. It got one last hurrah before kicking the bucket, lumbering over to her and dragging a tusk along her arm. She cried out and clutched the bleeding appendage and the mob collapsed, its form disintegrating into millions of digital pixels. There was a green light shooting up from where the mob had been. Doce staggered to her feet and stood on top of it, figuring this was how the game handled item drops. Sure enough, a window came up with two items listed: A "small bandage" and seven Gold. She pressed a button that said "loot all," and opened her inventory. She selected the bandage and hit equip. It automatically wrapped itself around the wound she'd sustained, and sparkled briefly. It looked just like simple white gauze, but it eased her pain. According to the description, the bandage would steadily heal her for a set amount of time, as opposed to health potions, she read in the notification box, which restored a set amount of HP.

She also got notifications about Gold and Experience. Gold was a resource in the game which you could use to buy items. It could be obtained by killing mobs, completing quests, or selling items, etc. Experience, of course, would level you up if you accumulated enough of it. You could get it by killing mobs, completing quests, and etc. Doce saw that the Lion-Boar gave her twenty-five experience points. That meant she could hit level two with just three more of them. "I've got to find more of these mobs," she said, closing her inventory and dashing off.

The Witch Hunter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next