All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fallen from Grace (Open)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:42 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

There was so much that he regretted and so much that he wished he could take back. To have back with him his honor, his wealth….his name. That hurt more than anything else, that he lost his name his identity. What made him, him and not just some nameless drone among the countless hordes that frequented the cities.

Vitus. The name itself pulled forth such a sour taste in his mouth that he often felt he had to choke back the bile in order to just be able to breathe. Such was his disgust and self-loathing, which he often could not even muster the energy to do much else but drink. Though it was the cause of his current situation he still could not stop himself. Could not stop the satisfaction the got when the liquid would burn on the way down his throat, the sensation of warmth as it spread through all of his body, nor the way his mind would cloud over and it would all be better. Why would he stop that? Stop the one thing in the world that granted him a measure of peace and quiet. Stopping the voices and the looks of accusation that he could still remember vividly from his past; the drink was all that helped these days.

”You know you are destined for greatness, don’t you son?” they stood before a mirror together, he and his father. A young boy off to his first day at Schola Bellicus, a proud father who felt the need to primp and prime his son to ensure he looked his absolute best. He had lost count of the amount of times; “lint” was plucked from his otherwise spotless attire. “It was foretold in the stars, on the night you were born. That you would do great things and would carry our family’s name out into the stars for future generations to come,” there was always such a measure of confidence and hope in his voice that Maximus found himself hesitant to express his own concerns.

Years later and he was in the academy. Progressing amazingly well, but that did not seem to be enough for his father.

“Why did you not score a perfect on the exam?”

Already from his tone, Maximus dreaded the coming conversation and merely stood at attention while his father ranted and raved at him. The papers that held his scores were torn and thrown into his face before he stormed off and left Maximus to stand there in the silence that followed.

Another gap in time and he has graduated, made a name for himself and is on the fast track for greatness, but it never seems to be enough for his father. There was always more that he could do, greater that he could be. No matter how hard he tried or did, it was never enough and the more that became apparent the more he drank. The more he drank the more risks he took, the more risks he took the further from grace he fell until finally.

The booted footfalls of his father echoed in the empty courtroom, the familiar gait alerting him to the man’s presence without the need to raise his head from its current position. Already he could feel the hate and anger as it boiled within the man he called father, the man he idolized and feared all in the same breath. When at last he stood before him, Maximus still kept his gaze cast down to the marbled floor at his feet.

“Listen boy and listen well, for this will be last that you ever hear from me again,” he creak of leather was heard as his father twisted the leather gloves he knew he held between his hands. “I have paid your fine, I have used my word and honor to spare you a life time in jail, but you will be punished for your actions,” a pause and the leather creaked again. “Know this, you are no longer my son and shall no longer hold a title worth note. You are stricken from the family records, from the records in the city and shall hence forth be known only as Vitus. You are a criminal and a dishonored man, this is what you will be until such a time as you die or can manage to somehow regain your honor. Though I highly doubt that given how far you fell from the realm of mediocrity. But, who knows, you might end up lucky and then I will be able to speak with you again. Do you understand all of this?”

All Vitus did was nod.

“Good.” And that was it that was the end of that. His father walked out and he never saw him again.

Vitus was branded for his crimes a brilliant scarlet mark there on his eye for all to see the shame and disgrace, left to make his way in the world as an undesirable, half a man, broken and all but forgotten.

“Vitus!” the curt voice of his task master broke through his stupor. “Get your lazy ass up! Time to get back to work!”

A grunt left his lips as he staggered to his feet, the old and barley functional helmet was picked up and placed on his head before he entered the coal mines. Such menial and degrading jobs were all that he could get these days. People did not trust him enough to give him anything truly worth mentioning, but he was strong and could push a cart, so that was all that mattered to them. He worked for basically nothing and perhaps a single meal a day. Just enough to get by, just enough to make it in a world for one who had fallen so far from grace.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:27 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Ursius really wasn't a place for nice ladies. The whole city was rank with sweat and coppery smells. But I'm not as nice a lady as I could be, Alexandria thought. Born and raised in Ursius for the very early part of her life, the city did feel a bit like home. It was nothing compared to her library and the cool sandstone hallways of the Schola Lorem Ipsum where she made her living, but still, it brought back memories of a much simpler and harder time.

The engineer stopped outside one of the many forges, conveniently located near the mines. She took a deep breath of the infuriatingly hot air. She doubted it could be warmer even in a dragon's belly. Even if Alexandria had never gotten the hang of finer smithing herself, the whole process of melting and refining ore had always been the closest thing she would ever want to get to something as obscure as magic.

Standing idly by the forge was making her hands itch for something to do, and she was beginning to notice that some of the soot-covered workers were giving her less than friendly looks whenever she took a swig of the waterskin she was carrying to help against the desert heat. She swallowed, suddenly nervous.

"D-do you want some?" She asked the nearest man working the bellows, an uncertain smile on her face.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:35 pm 

Owner

Empty down and loaded back. The routine was simple and mundane. On good days, he could ignore the burning in his legs, back and arms as his muscles screamed for relief. Those were the days that he looked forward to. The days when he could just grunt along and pretend he was elsewhere, which was often back in his old life. When he was someone of importance and standing. Back in the time when he could stand off in the cool shade and enjoy a refreshing drink, rather than slave about like a person born beneath his station.

It was his third trip since break when he noticed a woman, obviously out of place, now the center of attention from some of the other workers. Decent enough folks but there were some, like himself, who were at the mines because the world they lived in no longer wanted them. Often due to the fact of their own **** up and nothing more. In the dirt and soot of the mines, their marks were often covered and hidden with only fellow workers knowing the criminal pasts of one another. Which meant this woman was blissfully ignorant to whom she spoke with. Like so many who found themselves down in this **** hole.

Blissfully ignorant.

The one who she offered the water too had worked himself right to her side and Vitus made himself known with an awfully forward and cheery greeting. “Honey! Now now what are you doing down here by the mines?” the acting already in full swing as he boldly strode up to her side and wrapped an arm about her waist. “You know I have several more hours of work ahead of me. Who’s watching the baby? Has his cut that first tooth yet?”

“So she’s with you then?” spoke the soot covered bastard from her side.

“Aye, she is my wife. I’m such a lucky fellow.”

“How’d a loser like you get a woman like this then?” accusing gaze and disbelief etched on the faces of many for they all knew he was marked.

“I could ask why a loser like you thinks he can just cuddle up close to a fine woman like this too?” a smirk on his lips as he pitched his voice just low enough for the three of them to hear. “I mean isn’t that how you earned that mark and lost a bit of flesh,” his eyes cast distinctly down to the man’s crotch.

That was all the man seemed to need as he turned a bright red, largely due to anger before he stalked away to get back to work. The awkward tension in the air made the other's do the same which left Vitus and the woman alone. "That was about to get ugly. Glad that was not the case. Sorry for being so forward but I figured a lie would be better than just starting a fight."

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:37 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Alexandria leant back as the man opposite her leaned in; a miasma of sweat and cheap alcohol hitting her square in the face. She wanted to vomit and run away screaming, but even if it had been a long time since she left this part of town for the pristine marble floors of Schola Lorem Ipsum, she still knew that attracting attention wasn't a stellar idea.

Fortunately, she didn't need to make a decision because yet another stinking individual, and worse, this one wrapped a filthy arm around her slender waist. The baby? Her initial shock left her open-mouthed and unable to reply - something that she shortly realized was a rather fortunate thing. This stranger was trying, for some reason, to help her. She made a show of looking at him adoringly, even if her smile became a little stiff as threats started to fly around their ears. Alexandria didn't like to admit it, but she really owed this man a favor.

"Don't be sorry. I'm just glad it's over," she replied quietly as the angry and embarrassed smith stalked back to work. "Does he really not have a - you know?" It made her shiver to think about the why. She took a step back from the stranger. He wasn't that much taller than her, but her arms looked like twigs next to his. Her eyes rested on his face, and she only just then realized that the bright red mark that stretched above his right eye wasn't a scar, but a tattoo. She cocked her head to the side, fixing him with a curious stare.

"Thank you for helping me," she said, not wanting to ask about the tattoo right away. She was forward, but she had manners. "Is there anything I can do for you in return? And to who do I owe the pleasure? I can't believe I didn't ask for that first, how rude of me," she continued, smiling.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:51 am 

Owner

“He has the,” his words faltered for a moment as he recalled his upbringing so that he phrased the next part with a less crude overtone. “Penis but the testicles are no longer there. Then he has to report weekly to take a supplement to make it so that he can’t…” he gestured with this finger to signify an erection. “He is all talk with no means of delivering, but then he also has a temper on him so he could have hurt you more out of his own embarrassment than anything else.” He gave a shrug and noted how her eyes went to his mark on his face and some of the light left his eyes. It was not that he felt bad about it but there was always that moment when he had to explain it to those who did not know the full extent of the mark. Knew that it was bad, of course, but never knew the reason behind it.

“You can call me Vitus,” the name that everyone like him had. Even the pervert whom he had scared away was called Vitus. Half the men there shared a name for the name was more of a title. Another means of identification and marking him. There was no honor in that name, there was no pride. Just another smear on the man that he once had been. “How would you like for me to address you?"