All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:02 pm 

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.
Medals: 8
Dedicated Partner (1) Creative (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (15)

Should anything come to mind that you need answered, please don't hesitate to ask or voice it. Someone else may have thought of it, but have yet to ask.

For the benefit of those who may join this kingdom or are looking through them, feel free to post your questions here so they can be answered.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:34 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

My questions and concerns relate to textiles. Please, would you kindly ask Efer to share her skype conversation she had with me with you to understand?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:42 am 

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.
Medals: 8
Dedicated Partner (1) Creative (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (15)

Violet,

Part of the issue that I have with this is that you’re from the inner-most island. Gizli is the inner most. The most protected. No one is allowed in, and, the few that are are there for mere seconds, to drop something off and leave. Trades with the Nezumi are rare, and, while Gizli have the avant garde fashions, the reason to use silk, she’d not know everything about it, regardless of her tailoring skills. The way that Olahn is set up, to have such vast knowledge wouldn’t work. In order to learn you’d have to do it in another kingdom, which would mean prolonged accommodations in the place that you’re learning from, which would be dangerous to your person (Your obviously used in the general sense as it’s the character, not you). Gizli’s supply of it is rare enough that Kyree knowing as much as you want her to doesn’t make sense. We don’t have books on it, the island’s focus on the magical variety. Add that to the distrust of the rats, they’d have no reason to pick their brains.

I like the concept of a tailor; It’d be cool to have one with a skilled hand, as it is needed to pull off the fashions that Gizli is known for. They need someone who can manipulate fabrics to “defy the laws of gravity”, to have that edge that makes them borderline unwearable, like that of what you’d see on French runways. It would take someone of a “sik” variety to do what they need, and they’d make amazing money for their one of a kind creations.

That being said, Kyree is just that: a tailor. If she were someone who created such fabrics, had access to the materials to make everything she uses, it’d make more sense for her to know about it, about every aspect of it. As it is, the most she’d know is how to manipulate each fabric to do what’s needed.

So, there isn’t going to be an addition to the OOC about all this textile knowledge because she wouldn’t and couldn’t know as much as you’re making her out to know. It’s not feasible, and makes no sense based on the existing relations between the kingdoms, tense peace or not.

Onto your point of historical accuracy, this isn’t Earth. There is no history that you can pull up on Wikipedia, or google, that is relevant to Chowretat. That history doesn’t exist. What does exist is the player-made histories for the player-made world, and those are the histories we abide by, making it entirely historically accurate. And, I’d also like to point out to you that, no matter what you (the player) knows, Kyree wouldn’t, and therein is where the issue has come up, for us, the world managers, especially me, as you keep calling into question my rulings.