All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:27 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

This is where you can post your questions about this particular Kingdom.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:25 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Would I be allowed to be a bat anthro that migrated here after being cast out of the Mirelands?

"In my life I've been happy and sad, and I've lived the life of a man who can say that they have truly lived. I've lived each day to the fullest I'd be inclined to think, often pressing the boundaries of my own existence, tempting fate and shouting at the heavens like some drunken poet that I will not go quietly into the good dark night, but instead I hold my head high and choose to fight against the dieing of the light." -Wayne "Clock" Clough, My father and Friend

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:36 am 

Yeah Seorith had a good idea... I like bats!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:43 pm 

Owner

Yes. The only ones who are not welcomed are magic users.

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:54 am 

sweet. Will probably be a rogue-duelist-bat-person-thingy

"In my life I've been happy and sad, and I've lived the life of a man who can say that they have truly lived. I've lived each day to the fullest I'd be inclined to think, often pressing the boundaries of my own existence, tempting fate and shouting at the heavens like some drunken poet that I will not go quietly into the good dark night, but instead I hold my head high and choose to fight against the dieing of the light." -Wayne "Clock" Clough, My father and Friend

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:57 am 

Owner

That is perfectly fine. Should have the lands of this area up this week. As well as the rest of the world up and a going. But that is a huge should and me getting the time and focus that I need to work on it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:45 am 

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)

I'm working on a character sheet at the moment but I had a certain question regarding my idea.
Essentially, my character Sul was born in the islands of Olahn Korlarin, more specifically in the capital of Gizli Yangin, to parents who are magic users. His birth was complicated due to the fact that his father, a conjurer of demons, turned out to be a maniacal wretch. He used Sul's mother's pregnancy as a magical experiment by binding her with demonic chains, which transferred to Sul during birth. His mother survived but was paralyzed from the trauma, and Sul was born blind, his eyesight a sacrifice for the demon chains to remain attached to him. Later in life, after an accident caused by him, he is cast from the kingdom, and finds his way to Akamu.

I won't go into to much detail about those events, but I had a certain idea that I'm unsure the plausibility of in this world. Unlike his parents, Sul grows up with zero magical talent, unable to perform even the most basic of spells. The only exception to this is the power of the demonic chains now attached to his soul that are able to manifest randomly and of their own accord, usually when he becomes emotionally distressed in some fashion. They aren't necessarily defensive, as he can be injured without interference from the chains, but they act like more of a passive offense, sometimes lashing out at the object of his emotions, if there is one. He may not even desire for the being to be hurt in any manner, but the chains have their own will.
My question is basically, Is this allowed? Aside from his lack of control over the demon chains, they would act in the same manner as any other spell and draw from the power of his soul. Another thing to note is that they don't activate very often, and aren't visible to others until they do activate.

I will go ahead and post the character sheet, and if you decide this ability isn't viable, I will change/remove it.
Thankies~

Come see my artwork!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:06 pm 

Owner

Going to have to say that will not work. Mostly as the magic and such in this world is very specific, at least for the moment. And the Gods and "Demons" of this world would not grant power or abilities like that in anyway.

Not to mention, the moment he would use those chains in the Kingdom he would be killed instantly without hesitation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:59 pm 

Supporter (1)

Okay, that's fine, I think I better understand the relationships between man and divinity then. Thank you ^^ I'll work on changing those parts in the CS~

Come see my artwork!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:17 am 
World Manager

1st Year (1)

I'm going to quote something here since it concerns your character's race and place of birth:

"Relations with other kingdoms flourished, and now, Olahn Korlarin was once again welcoming visitors, though the innermost islands of Gizli Yangin are still viciously guarded."

This taken from the history section of Olahn Korlarin. You might want to ask whether a human family would even be allowed to live on the inner islands, study magic there, and/or whether any exceptional circumstances would be involved.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:00 am 

Owner

As long as they were magic users they would be allowed. Even if the inner islands are guarded, they seek out all who are blessed magically by the Gods.

This is why I did not correct them being human and from there. Got a handle on this section.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:41 am 

Supporter (1)

Ganelon wrote:
I'm going to quote something here since it concerns your character's race and place of birth:

"Relations with other kingdoms flourished, and now, Olahn Korlarin was once again welcoming visitors, though the innermost islands of Gizli Yangin are still viciously guarded."

This taken from the history section of Olahn Korlarin. You might want to ask whether a human family would even be allowed to live on the inner islands, study magic there, and/or whether any exceptional circumstances would be involved.

Although Eferhilda responded to this already, thank you for mentioning it, as it was something I didn't think of. I simply assumed that since there were multiple inner islands, that there would be at least one that didn't house the ruling family or magic council, and contained residential areas. I dunno, as long as it worked out ^^"

Come see my artwork!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:14 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)

When do you assume the world will be open?

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:00 am 

Supporter (1)

I have a question, if Eferhilda would be so kind as to indulge my curiosity. Since my character is fond of different foods and somewhat knowledgeable of the Akamu cuisine from his wanderings, I was wondering if you could share a small list of the different meals and snacks common around the nation? I was able to generalize in my first post, but in the future, I'd like for him to be able to identify them by taste (since he's blind yet has a knack for flavor). This information would be much appreciated ^_^ If this is not allowed, just let me know, and I will find a way to work with what information I have. Thank you very much in advance <3

Come see my artwork!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:01 am 

Owner

That is something I can get for you, no problem.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:06 am 

Supporter (1)

Wow, quick response! Thank you so much ^_^

Come see my artwork!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:10 am 

Owner

I posted some information in the OOC. Hope that helps with what you were looking for, if you need more clarification please just ask.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:38 am 

Supporter (1)

Excellent! I read what you added, and it will help tremendously =D
I like the list of the different plants you posted, and will definitely incorporate those foods into some of my future posts.
Once more, thank you ~

Come see my artwork!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:41 am 

Owner

No problem.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:15 pm 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Medals: 9
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (10)

I am slightly concerned with the amount of people mentioning my charecter without asking first. I don't mind co editing a post but please ask me first. Thank you. Marko had permission efer, and aly always has permission. But I would like to be notified first . Thank you. :)