All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:10 pm 

A Sinner...A Saint...A..little bit confused. :D

Subscriber

Medals: 1
Most Patient (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

On Tuesday September 11th, a tragic event occurred which shook the United States to it's core.

Then on Friday September 14th a call to action was brought to our agency's doorstep.

It had been about 6:30 p.m when Agent Ezekiel Thomas Lebow Jr., better known to the agency as Zek. Had been seated at his dinner table with his wife and daughter. He had arrived home the night before after he had finished up on a very difficult case. "How is dinner?" Inquired his wife, Liza. Zek smiled, and took a big spoon full of gumbo in response to his wife's question. She chuckled and looked down towards her daughter. Who had been seated next to her father. "And what does our Cajun princess think of her meal?" Ezza grinned, her smile had a few holes in it due to some baby teeth that had fallen out a few weeks ago. "The princess approves." She said with a giggle as she took another spoon full. Liza nodded in acknowledgement, and turned back towards her husband. "By the way...your doin the dishes."

It had been later in the night when their daughter had been fast asleep. That both Zek and his wife were in the kitchen with cups of coffee rested in his hands. "Zek, their wurking you too much again." Zek shrugged, and took a sip of his coffee. "Deh the price of peace dear. Who'd be I to question what deh send me way." Liza sighed and placed her cup on the counter. She approached her husband, and placed her hands on his cheeks. "You ain't no soldier anymore dear. You be pushin 40 soon, and it be about time you leave all this behind you." Zek sighed as he reached out to embrace his wife in his arms. " My wife, my Cajun empress. How I missed your touch." He kissed her, his lips pressed up against her own as they stood there in each others arms in the kitchen.

It was then that his cellphone that had been in back pocket begun to ring. This caused the both of them to stop, and look down to his pocket. Liza glared up towards him. "Can I smash that damn phone with a frying pan, please?" Zek smiled, and slowly pushed her away. He reached for the phone, and took it out of his pocket. It was a little black flip phone, one which had been unique in which it had only be created by a private cellular manufacturer for C-U-L-T. He flipped it open, and pressed the green answer button on the phone. He raised it up towards his ear, and spoke into the speaker. "Agent Zek speaking." A familiar voice came over the phone. One that all Agents had known since their initiation into the task force. The Director's secretary, Kelly.

"Hi Zek, we have a situation at work, and we may need you to come back to the office." Zek sighed, and glared towards his wife. He thought about how she worried for him. About how she wished he could just say no, and retire from the stressful life of a Agent. Oh how he had wished he could do that for her. Not just for her, but for their only daughter. That little girl who had been asleep in the room above them was one in a million. He thought about all of this for a moment, before he responded back to the call. "Could it wait please? I would like to spend one more solid night with my family." Kelly paused for a moment, and agreed to allow him to have this night. In return he would need to arrive back at the office as early as he could the next morning.

After the call, Zek closed the phone tight, and glare down towards his wife. "No rest for the weary it wud seem."

The next morning he had indeed left his wife and daughter once more for the daily life of a C-U-L-T Agent. He had at least this time before he left. Properly kissed the both of the women in his life, and hugged them. He wished he could do more for the both of them. Give them the life they deserved, not the one he had lived for about ten years now. A dangerous life, one which had proven too short for several task-force members. He had know a many of good people, both human and fae that he had personally worked alongside. Colleges, brothers and sisters that he had shared that old black grog they called coffee. Only to discover the next day that they had passed away while out in the field.

This was a reason for why he had made it a point not to get too close to any of the new personnel in the agency. There had always been faces, and there would always been new operatives to take up the mantle of a new task force leader. In fact because Zek had lasted this long in the agency. He had been nicknamed "old man" by his fellow agents. There were even stories, inflated tales of what he exactly did in the Agency. Many assumed he was some type of witch doter, or necromancer that could raise armies of the dead against his enemies. Which Zeke never officially denied..maybe to humor some of the new blood. No he was a simple interrogator, who handled matters that even the agency needed to keep silent.

He had arrived at the H.Q around 7, and settled in for the meeting that would be held at 9. From what he had discovered from other members. The meeting at hand had been about something to do with a **** off Elf King. Which only meant more work for many of the task force members.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”

H.P. Lovecraft

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:12 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

The TV showed the twin towers burning. The sight of the plane hitting the tower was a frightening site.

Flair watched on with a heavy heart.

She sat in a small hole in the wall motel room. The room darkened by the lack of light and the curtains blocking sunlight from coming besides the small opening that seemed to highlight the TV that sat to the side. Flair sat in front of the window, glancing at TV with a blank expression but inside her heart sank. When she first saw the news about the attack on Sept. 11th she had just been in between missions, a day off which was a rare occasion and one she didn't care for. She had no idea what to do on off days besides clean her equipment and check in on Sarah. Sarah mostly lectured her so Flair dreaded mostly calling her but would never skip on checking up on her.

Sarah was all Flair had now and she wouldn't give her up. Ever.

Those feelings are what got her into so much trouble to begin with and also what landed her file on the Agency's desk.

Now, as an agent of C-U-L-T, her jobs haven't change much. She still took lives from behind the scope of her sniper. She was still an assassin. But this time it had purpose.

Pulling herself away from the TV, Flair turned towards the window, quietly setting up her sniper to rest on the window seal before leaning forward and putting her eye through the scope. She moved her aim, pointing it towards the window she was looking for. She zoomed in on her scope, seeing the three men huddled in a small apartment room across the street. One sat at a table with gloves, connecting wires slowly together for a bomb they had plans for that Flair was going to put a stop to. She moved her aim over a bit to the two other men who seemed to be discussing with what looked to be blueprint plans on a table. She zoomed in more and ground her teeth together when she saw what the plans were for: a school.

Before she could take aim and pull the trigger, a vibration began in her ear. She sighed and quickly clicked on the ear piece before moving her hands back into position.

"Flair."

"Hi Flair, I know you're currently on a mission right now but we need to pull you into an urgent matter." Kelly spoke into her ear and Flair's brow pulled together at her words.

"Fill me in." She spoke while keeping her scope on the three men, watching their movements and moving her aim with them.

"In a meeting tomorrow morning at 9 back in the office. I know you're currently in the middle-"

Flair pulled her trigger three times, having only slightly moved her aim, before pulling away from scope and speaking into her piece again.

"Done."

"Oh! Well." Kelly cleared her throat. "Be there tomorrow, at-"

"9. Got it." Flair cut the call with a click to the ear piece and started packing up her equipment. She twisted the silencer off her sniper and collapsed her gear before placing it all into her case. She swung the case over her shoulder and walked out of the room, checking out at the counter with the Indian at the counter, who was good enough not to ask questions as long as he got paid which is why Flair didn't care adding an extra bill to the cash she handed over before walking out.

The next morning, Flair opened the door to the new meeting, pausing to look towards who else was in the room before closing the door behind her and finding a seat. She sat there in silence for a minute before the door suddenly slammed open and a little girl came into the room. Flair tensed up and calculated all possible scenarios that could happen at this moment, reminding herself where her knives were hidden on her body along with her pistol, because she had heard of that little girl before. The purple eyes confirmed her worries.

-----------------

Lilly licked her lips, tilting her head at the scene in front of her with a wide crazed grin spread across her face. She lifted up the blade she had in her hand, slowly tracing her tongue along its edge to catch the blood. The iron and bitter taste sent shivers down her arms. She sighed and dropped the blade, tilting her head again and staring at the bloody mess in front of her. Blood dropped from her hands and blades, dripped from her soaked clothing as she just stood there.

Shuffling sound happened behind her and she paused, tilting her head again to listen to it before a smile spread across her mouth and she tilted her head back until she was looking at another agent upside down. The man paused, slowly gulping and avoiding looking at the mess in front of her and tried to keep eye contact with Lilly.

"Oh hey Mike!" She suddenly turned around and gave him an innocent smile. "This was a fun mission! I like this job! I hope I can continue to have this much fun. Do we have another fun game to play?"

"Mike's" smile wavered. He stopped a long time ago to try and correct her on his name not being Mike. She never listened. So now he went by Mike, though in some ways he probably felt relieved that she didn't bother knowing his real name.

"Actually, you have a call." He lifted up the phone and handed it to her. Her blooded hand reached out and grabbed the phone before pulling it to her phone.

"Hello hello?" Lilly chirped.

"Lilly! Hope you had a fun time."

"Oh so much fun! They were a lot of fun to place with though Mike still won't play with me!" Lilly pouts and towards to Mike, who froze in place before giving a nervous chuckle and glanced away.

"Sadly, playing with Mike will have to wait. We have another mission for you."

"Oh! More fun?!"

"Yes, all the more fun! Ky- Mike will direct you to the meeting tomorrow morning."

"I have to wait until tomooooooorrroooow?! But I'll get so boooooored." Lilly pouts and Mike wiped the sweat from his brow with the back of his hand and he quickly reached for his pistol.

"Don't worry! You'll love this mission, I promise!"

"Oh! Okay then! I'll be there tomorrow! Bye bye now!" Mike sighed a relief and dropped his hand to his side, giving Lilly a weak smile to hide his nervousness.

"Bye Lilly!" Lilly handed to phone back to Mike and then began to skip out of the room.

"Ah! Wait!" Mike began to follow, turning once more to glance at the gruesome scene behind him. Blood splattered across the wall, bones torn from limbs, and a head had rolled away to the side and stared up at him. He felt sick to his stomach and quickly hurried after the monster he was apparently in charge of.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:16 pm 

A Sinner...A Saint...A..little bit confused. :D

Subscriber

Medals: 1
Most Patient (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

The Meeting Hall

There are two places inside the top secret C-U-L-T facility. That both Agent and Strike-Team member alike would rather not enter. The boardroom, the private meeting room with the Directory conversed with their more trusted senior members, and The Meeting Hall. This large, white tiled and mostly vacant room was a place that the entire task-force would have to gather on certain occasions. Today was one of those ocassions. Zeke, who had now been joined by fellow members in the hall. Had been seated with his hands folded in his lap, and his head titled towards the floor.

Other members had taken their seats, and had begun to converse with their colleges. "What do you think this one is about?" Zeke overheard one member inquire as they laid back in their chair. "Can't say, but if it's one of these conversations. It's not good." Replied the other college as they took a sip of coffee. This brought a smile to Zeke's face. He had figured that most of the task-force members were in the dark. This had been a common practice in their line of work. The lack of knolwedge in times of duress or uncertainty. Had always been the Director's preferred method of keeping a lid on things. In fact the best way to sum that concept up is a quote that Director made every Agent and strike-team leader chant as a mantra.

"The lesser people know. The fewer bodies you need to bury."

It had been around 10am on the dot when the Director marched them self up towards the large podium at the front of the meeting hall. Dressed in their one of a kind velvet suit and custom tailored fedora imported from Italy. "Morning everyone." Greeted the Director in a deep, smokey voice as they placed their hands on the podium. Today the Director was a brunette with looks that could kill, and a chest that could cause a strong man to fall to knees. Tomorrow they will probably be somebody entirely different. "What is the name today Ma'am?" Inquired one of the task force members seated in the front row. The Director smirked, and brushed her hair to the side. "Director Vixen." Laughter could be heard from many of the members as they continued to look onward up towards their Director.

Zeke, who too had cracked a smile, wondered about how severe this 'matter' had to be if the Director had addressed them all like this. It was very common for the Director to dawn an appearance visually appealing to the senses when they needed to address the task force as a whole. More so when matters were of an extreme importance, and possibly vital to the balance of order. The Director took a moment of silence to gather their thoughts, and to clarify what they wanted to explain. This concerned Zeke even more as he folded his arms up against his chest. The Agents and task force members seated beside him too shared that insensitive. As they waited in silence for what their Director had to explain.

"Sooooo...Our world is on the brink of a war ladies and gentlemen." Were the next lines that left the Director lips. "Yesterday morning, around 0100 hours I received a rather urgent phone call from the head of the United Nations Security Council. Apparently a rather **** off Elvin Lord is in the process of declaring war on our realm. That or is demanding the heads of those responsible for the attacks on the world trade center a few days ago." The Director hesitated slightly, and lowered their head down towards the podium. They sighed, and lifted their head up towards the task force members. "Does anyone mind If I smoke?" No one seemed to oppose or protests that request. The Director smiled, and nodded towards their Agents. They reached their hands into the built in cabinet in their podium, and opened a box of premium Cuban cigars. They took out one of the cigars, and lit it with a match from their pocket. The Director placed the cigar in their mouth, and took a couple puffs. The cigar had a familiar taste to it, and at times of extreme duress. Allowed the Director, along with a glass of bourbon or whiskey. To deal with these types of situations.

"You can only guess what happen next. I sat in a nice little boardroom for the next six or eight hours with representatives from the United States and Europe. They wanted to know what WE as a task force was going to do about it, and how 'WE' would prevent said conflict from transpiring." The Director stopped once more, and took another puff of their cigar. "I then had to figure out a way to best handle the situation, or at least appease the Elvin Lord. I explained my task force will take a little 'field-trip' into the fae realm." The Director then smirked as they tilted their heads towards the ceiling. "I am sure everyone is filled with questions at the moment before I continue. So please ask them before i carry on."

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”

H.P. Lovecraft