All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:12 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Thunder crashed loudly in the sky tonight. There had been no signs of a storm earlier, which in and of itself was a sign of what was to come. They had been prepared, but had not anticipated such intensity. The sea was wild, with restless and unforgiving waters, more than usual.

Something must have really, really **** off the sea.

“Damn…” Charlie growled lowly, “This would be our luck, wouldn’t it? Nothing can ever be easy.” More water crashed over the ship’s edge as he barked some orders to his crew to keep the ship steady. “Damn…” He growled again, having to hold on to keep from sliding across the deck when the ship was tossed up a bit, with some of his crew. One torn sail on the main-mast of all places was hard enough on the Brig, but he had faith in his dear Lady Diana. She was a tough old girl who would not break easily in this weather!

“Captain! We are getting hammered!” One crew member hollered over the chaos.

“You think I can’t ****ing see that? Shut up and focus on keeping us moving forward, I do not want to wake up at the bottom of the sea.”

“Captain, we’ve completely lost that sail now, it’s useless.”

Charlie sighed heavily, peering up at the ship’s mass. Usually it was a sight to behold but after that run in with another ship, the main-mast had been torn forcing him to haul ass back to the nearest town for repairs… well… To see the storm had made matters worse, well, it was needless to say things were not looking good. But still. He would never lose faith, in his ship or his crew. If this puny storm took them out, what kind of pirates were they? What would that say about him as a captain?

“Get yourself together, men, we’ve been through worse than this! Shut up about the weather and sail!” He called out, stomping his foot on the deck for effect. Rain and salt water stung his eyes, his hair was in his face, but he remained as steadfast as ever. “Let’s get back on course!” He kicked a barrel out of his way as he moved along the deck, balancing himself when he needed. He closed his eyed and focused. “We will make it out of this.” When he opened his eyes, there was a glint. Fire. Something his crew knew oh too well.

This storm was no match for them.

-------------------------------

Captain Charlie and his crew of the Lady Diana made it to town a day later. The ship had taken quite the beating and the crew was worn down. Nobody got any sleep that night. They had been thrown off course pretty bad, and with the damage done to the ship they even ended up in a different town than intended. But that was fine, at least it was land and they weren’t stranded, left to the mercy of the sea.

Everyone was happy to get off the ship and stretch their legs on land a bit, get some decent rest before their next departure. Charlie suggested they stay at least two days to get a decent meal or two and work on repairs. They were happy to go run off into town, most of them. Some of them stayed to help Charlie keep an eye on things and do what they could on way of repairs. Repair and restock. As much as he wanted to relax, it was all he could think about at the moment, especially as he looked up at his beloved Lady!

He’s been with her for five years now, coming across her shortly after he lost his Lunar Ghost…

“Oi! Who said you could dock here?”

Charlie turned around immediately, stern look in his eyes, “I beg your pardon?” He replied, eyeing up the portly man hurrying over to him.

“I said, you better have good reason for docking here, lad. We were told to keep the docks open. Big event today!”

“We got a bit tossed around by the storm the other day and were thrown off course. Once we recover, we’ll be on our way.”

“And how long will that be?”

Charlie exhaled slowly, feeling every ache of exhaustion catch up to him as his shoulders relaxed some. He took a step toward the man, leaning closer to his face, “As long as it takes.” He wasn’t in the mood for this ****. “Now, I don’t care who gives you the orders, you will let us stay here. Are we clear?”

The man shrank back a bit, but did not budge. He looked up at the Lady Diana, taking in every bit of her appearance. “Pirates…” he muttered.

“Bravo!”

“Leave. Now.”

Charlie unsheathed his sword and held it to the man’s throat, “Look, I’m not a man who likes resorting to violence. But if you think I’m leaving with my girl the way she is now, you have another thing coming.” It was true. He was not a man of violence, but he wasn’t against removing this man’s head from his shoulders either. “I say again: you will let us stay here. Are we clear?” He pressed the blade harder against the man’s skin, for pressure. It seemed to work for he nodded.

The man ran off once Charlie backed away, but he had a feeling that was not going to be the last he’d see of him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:48 am 

We're not here to talk about my surrender, we're here to discuss yours.

Tomorrow was suppose to be the best day within her life but unfortunately, it wasn't. For her, anyway. But for her parents, they were all excited that their daughter was marrying the man they had picked out for her. At least they were happy about the marriage because Ester was exactly enthused about it herself but it seemed like no one cared what she thought though.

Her eyes were fixated out the window of her room as her ears twitched whenever she heard a knock come over her bedroom door. "Come in." She muttered as the door open and revealed her mother, who had the biggest smile on her face as she entered the room further now. Ester's mother stood beside her now as she also gazed out of the window alongside with her.

"You should smile, darling. Tomorrow is your wedding day." Ester's mother said in an excited tone but Ester turned away from her mother and walked over to her bed, where she sat at the foot of it and sighed. Her mother raised a brow at her as she walked over towards her and sat down beside her, grabbing her hands into hers now. "What is wrong?" Ester wanted to blurt out that a lot of things were wrong but what was about to say was going to upset her mother either way.

While her nerves built up inside of her, she bit her bottom lip and shifted her body to face her mother now though her head was down towards the ground. "I don't love him, mother. I never loved Edward but because of you and father, I tried and it didn't work." Ester finally said as her mother scoffed and removed her hands from Ester's then stood up, looking a bit irritated with Ester's response. "I knew that you were going to mess this up for us! I just knew it! You are marrying Edward tomorrow whether you like it or not. That's that."

Ester's mother stormed out of the room and slammed the door, leaving Ester in her room to suffer in the silence that had now filled the room now. She sighed then grabbed a pillow and placed it over her face, screaming into it so it was a little bit muffled. She did that repeatedly until she finally drifted off to sleep.

- - - - - - - - -

The sun had shined through her curtains and the birds were singing right outside her window. With a groan, she turned over so that her eyes are staring up at the ceiling above her as she huffed. Ester was seriously not ready for one of the biggest days of her life. She wished that something would happen right now so that she wouldn't have to marry someone she didn't love but it didn't look like that was happening.

Her father bombarded into her room now as she was up and out of bed, sitting at her vanity area in deep thought. Her father came over there and placed his rough hand upon her shoulder. "Your mother told me what you said, my darling Ester." Ester placed her hand on top of his then turned around in her seat to gaze up at her father. "I'm sorry, Papa but I do not love him. I tried." Her father raised a hand up at her and her talking seized immediately.

"Let me stop you right there." Her father said as Ester stood up and waved her hand towards him. "I do not want to hear it. I heard it from mother last night and I do not need to hear it from you today." Ester mentioned towards her father as she went towards her door and opened it, giving the signal for her father to exit the room, which he did but stood in the doorway. "Better be ready in fifteen minutes."

Her father demanded as he left and she closed her door then walked back over towards her vanity area so that she could get ready. Again, she wished that something would happen so that she wouldn't have to get married. Her friends came into her room now to help her get ready and decided to gossip about her big day with her.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:55 pm 

Administrator

Charlie spent a lot of time on deck, making sure everything was in proper order, giving orders to his crew when needed. The way he moved was almost obsessive and rather unnecessary at times. His crew didn’t always need direction, as they always seemed to be in sync with him, but he couldn’t help it. That man had annoyed him, and now he was feeling restless. Keeping busy was a way for him to get some energy out, which was good in case something went down and he would have to fight his way out of something.

Working with the locals to gather supplies proved fairly easy going, despite the earlier incident. The people of this town, while not exactly quick to warm up to pirates, seemed fairly laid back enough, and motivated by money if anything. They showed they were willing to do business and because of that, Charlie and crew were moving along pretty quickly. At this rate, there was a good chance they might be out of here sooner than expected. However, as much as he wanted to get what he needed and leave, he knew that he couldn’t just rush his crew. Not only that, but things were almost going too smoothly.

He let out a sigh and leaned over the ship’s railing, looking out to the sea. Peace. Moments like this were starting to become more and more uncommon.

As he relaxed, he was joined by his first mate, a man named Eric and couldn’t help but smile a little when he said, “We’ve finished with the sails, all we need now are some supplies and to gather the rest of the crew”. Charlie nodded to acknowledge him and then the two stood side by side in silence for a long time. He has known the man since he first gathered his crew, and they always seemed to have a similar mindset.

“Alright,” Charlie let out an exhale and stretched, cracking his knuckles, “I’m going into town for a few. I need to take a walk.”

“Very well, I’ll keep an eye on things here,” Eric grinned. “I know the drill, if something happens I’ll grab you out of the nearest bar and drag you back to the ship, eh?”

“Oh come on now! I said I was going for a walk, not that I was going to a bar.”

“That may be true, but how long have we known each other?”

Charlie just laughed, “Fair enough!”

Town appeared to be pretty busy, a lot of people moving about. Apparently there was some kind of wedding going on today, from what he gathered from the gossip he picked up on within earshot of where he was wandering. He was positive that was the ‘big event’ he heard about from that man at the docks. At the thought of him, he looked around, seeing if he was anywhere near so he’d know where to avoid. Part of him still wanted to kick that little **** right into the sea, but he was not here to cause a scene. But if a wedding was going on, maybe he could have a little bit of fun.

He knew nothing of this town, but a lot of places seemed to be the same after traveling around so much over the years. The smell of the sea, the wheeling and dealing, it sure as hell felt like any other town. Even if the layout was different it did not take him long to find out where the bar was located, thanks to his intuition and with the help of a crew member he came across, who said that he heard something interesting and wanted him to check out. Eric might have joked with him, but hey bars were great places to obtain information among other things.

As he was entering, a tall man was leaving and stopped in his tracks to glare at him.

“Since when did this town become a place where pirates just waltz in whenever they please?” The men with him seemed to share the same mindset, for they, too, were glaring at Charlie. “Why couldn’t your kind stay away from here, hmm? I say, when I rule this place I will be sure to outlaw any pirates.”

“That’s a little harsh, don’t you think?” Charlie replied, somewhat dismissively but deep down daring this man to keep it up and pick a fight with him. “I mean, we’re just passing through.”

“Sure, that’s what they all say…”

One of the man’s groupies placed a hand on his shoulder, “Come on, Edward, it isn’t worth it. Today is your big day, let’s keep in good spirits, eh?”

At that, Charlie’s eyes gleamed, “I had heard something was going on today. A wedding or something, right?”

“That is none of your concern.” This ‘Edward’ shot Charlie a look that quieted him as soon as he spoke. There was no need to push further, though he was extremely tempted to. Usually he was the kind of person who got the last word in. He was stubborn like that, it got him into trouble more times that he cared to admit. The group of men was standing there as if they expected him to react in some way.

“Of course it isn’t. Only, I don’t really like your attitude.”

“Captain, we should just leave…”

Charlie had almost completely forgotten about his crewman. He wasn’t ready to leave just yet, however. Neither was the other man from the looks of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:58 pm 

Ester's bridesmaids had her partially primped for her big day. As her own eyes gazed into the mirror before her, even she knew that wasn't ready to be married to Edward but she kept silent about that among her friends, her bridesmaids. Ester let out a sigh as Lori came over and started to fickle with her hair, looking in the mirror at Ester with an arched brow now. "What's wrong, Ester?" Whenever Lori asked that question, it seemed like everything and everyone around them had stopped and all eyes were now focused on her as those interested leaned closer towards Ester and anticipated a response.

Her eyes lowered down to the ground now as she began to twiddle her fingers over each other. Her heart had suddenly stopped beating with a rhythm as another sigh came from her. What was she going to say to them? She could not be honest with them about her not wanting to marry Edward because they had traveled far to help her get ready for her wedding. Ester bit her bottom lip out of nerves then scooted the chair back and stood up, turning heel to face her bridesmaids now.

"Do you guys think I am doing the right thing here? By marrying Edward?" Ester finally asked them as they all looked at each other then back at Ester. Lori stepped forward and grabbed Ester's hands into her own with a slight smile. "Honey, if we did not feel that this marriage would not work then we wouldn't have traveled here to help you get ready for your big day today." Lori muttered as all of the other ladies nodded their heads in agreement. "Wait, do you not love Edward enough to marry him, Ester?"

There it was. The infamous question that she had hoped one of her friends would not ask her in front of everyone but alas, there it was. Her silence was not helping ease the sudden tension that had build around her so when she parted her lips, everyone gasped because she hesitated to answered the question. "Is it that obvious?" Ester asked of them as they groaned and Lori dropped her hands with a scoff and waved her arms in the air with a shrug of her shoulders. "I wish you would have told us something instead of wasting our time, Ester. Why did you not tell us?"

Ester could feel their anger rising as she began explaining with tear filled eyes. "I wanted to. I really did, Lori and everyone else but I thought you girls would've been mad at me and I could not have that." Ester sniffled after she spoke those words then turned to walk towards her window now. "Besides, my mother and father would not allow me to back out of this marriage because it benefits them so. Two wealthy families merge by marriage. That's why I do not want this marriage and I do not love him. I already have wealth but I do want to experience love." Ester said as her friends stood there astonished by the words that were spilling over her lips now.

Lori, her most closest friend, stood beside her now and embraced her in a hug. "We shall help you get out of this marriage but first, we need to make it look like you are still getting married. So, come and let us finish you up." Lori suggested as Ester nodded her head and walked back over to the vanity area and sat down in front of the mirrors that were placed there. Lori tied her head into a bun with two curls hanging over her forehead.

"There. We'll put the wedding dress on you whenever we get to the church. But we must hurry before anyone sees us." Lori said as Ester quickly maneuvered to grab her wedding dress then handed it off to Regina, her other friend then all of the others, with their bridesmaid dresses in hand trailed behind Ester and Lori now. "Wait, where are my parents?" Ester asked as Lori responded as they were headed towards the door now. "At the church already to guide people in and into their seats."

Just as Lori and Ester along with the other women were seen running through the town and towards the church, Ester could've sworn she seen Edward at one of the taverns but thought that it might've been her imagination but it did look like he was about to get into a fight or something of the sort. Stopping in her tracks, she halted the other women, as well. "I think Edward's in trouble. We have to go and see." Ester pleaded as Lori shook her head. "No, it's bad luck." Lori said as Ester shrugged her shoulders.

"Forget luck. I am not ready for til death do us apart." Ester said as she walked through the crowd of women, heading back towards the tavern where she think she might've seen her groom, her husband, Edward and if he was in some sort of trouble, she surely was going to help him, one way or another.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:20 am 

Administrator

The longer the two men stood glaring daggers at each other, the more worked up Charlie felt. He dared this man to punch him, or try something he would regret. The side of him that itched for some action was hoping that something would happen. Hell, it would be a way for him to leave his mark on this town! He felt like he would do something if the other man didn’t make a move soon, but knew better of it. In the end, his waiting would pay off…

“Well, I don’t like when pirates storm through here like they own the place,” Edward said at last, balling his fists.

“Excuse me, storming through here?” Charlie feigned an offended expression and looked back to his crew member, “I didn’t think we were storming through here, did you?” The man, of course, shook his head, seemingly in agreement. “See, he agrees with me! Believe me, my friend, you and the rest of this town would know if we were here to cause trouble.” This wasn’t really going anywhere, but in a way it was fun. He was not here to cause trouble at all… However, this man starting this whole thing was a bit of an added bonus.

A small crowd was starting to gather around them at this point. It was putting pressure on both of them, and Charlie wondered how long it would be before the other man, this ‘Edward’ broke. Charlie loved a good crowd, hell he would admit it straight to someone if they asked him. The indescribable energy that emanated got him all worked up. If Edward did not make his move, because why else would he have balled up his fists like a child, he very well might.

Edward’s groupies started to stand behind their leader, “I will give you one last chance to leave.” Edward said.

Charlie stood his ground as one of the groupies swung at him. The crewmember at his side made a move but Charlie held him back with a glance. Two against one was hardly fair, but he always has been someone who like dealing with things alone. It was a good thing these boys didn’t seem to know how to throw a proper punch; figures, they were all muscle and nothing more. Charlie made these men look like fools by dancing around their punches and throwing his own punch at pretty boy Edward himself.

Edward staggered from the punch and tripped over his own feet. Though from the looks of some new people and a few guards rushing toward the scene, Charlie couldn’t help but wonder if this was just an act.

Charlie could not keep his eyes off the woman who had come to Edward’s aid. His lips parted briefly, she was absolutely stunning from head to toe! Ah, but it was a shame he could not admire her as much as he wanted, for this was his chance to slip into the crowd and leave before he was arrested.

-----------------------

“He’s taking an awful long time, isn’t he?”

Eric frowned, sighing heavily and shaking his head. “You know how he is, I’m sure he’ll be back soon.” The crew had gathered up a lot of supplies, thanks to the help of the people in this town. It had cost them a bit, but it wasn’t anything they wouldn’t be able to get back in due time. Now, all they needed was their captain and a few of the remaining crew members and they could be off.

“I hope ‘soon’ means he will arrive before nightfall…” Another voice rang. “If what the sea is telling me happens to be true, it won’t be pretty.” It was the voice of a small man, dressed in odd robes, who called himself the ‘Seer’. He had messy hair and a sort of unhinged way about him. Charlie never really discussed how he met the man, but they have been friends for some time. Apparently they had met at a tavern, and since then he acted as a navigator of sorts. He, like Charlie, was good at reading the stars. Normally his presence wouldn’t be something to pay any mind, but the grim expression he wore made Eric worry.

“Nightfall…” Eric felt rigid, his gaze thrown toward town. When he regained his composure, he shook his head, “I don’t think we have anything to worry about.”

…Then again, they might have to worry.

“We may have a full moon tonight, my friend.”

Hearing this, Eric immediately turned to the Seer, “Why didn’t you just come out and say that? Damn it.. Keep an eye on things, I’m going to go look for the Captain.” He moved briskly, hoping that their dear Captain had not gotten himself into trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:18 am 

"Ester! Ester!" Lori repeatedly called her name out as Ester walked with a mission on her mind. She knew Edward's features from any distance and if had gotten himself into any trouble upon their wedding day, she wasn't going to be exactly thrilled about it but was going to help him out either way she could. Lori finally managed to grab onto Ester's arm, stopping her in her tracks as Ester turned to face Lori now with a scowl. "Lori. Let me go." Ester practically demanded of Lori, who shook her head then stepped up towards Ester.

"It's bad luck, I am telling you. You do not want to do ruin this day." Lori said as Ester scoffed then rolled her eyes, snatching herself from Lori's grasp in the process as she took a few steps back and eyed all of her bridesmaids. "Help me if you want but do not stand in my way." That was all Ester said before she turned heel and started to walk back to the area where she saw Edward standing.

Soon, her other bridesmaids caught up with her and even Lori, the main one who protested that Ester shouldn't do whatever it was she was thinking. Ester smiled over her bridesmaids then looked at Lori and grabbed her hand into her own. "Thanks for trying to stop me but I feel that Edward's in trouble. You'll see." Ester said as she dropped and disconnected their hands from each other then continued the trek ahead.

Once Ester and the ladies got close, they all followed Ester's lead and ducked down as their eyes stared through the glass pane of the window. Lori's mouth almost dropped when she saw what was happening inside and could not believe that Ester was actually right. "See, I told you." Ester whispered towards her comrade of ladies as her eyes peered towards Edward and seen his fists starting to ball up. Her eyes widened because she knew that a fight was bound to happen.

One of Edward's friends took a swung first but missed and the battle was seemingly on but it was Edward's opponent that took the advantage and that was when Ester stood up and stormed inside the tavern. Once inside, she was greeted by many of the men that knew Edward then went over to his side, kneeling down beside him. "Are you okay?" She muttered towards Edward, who answered with the nod of his head. Ester looked at the man that threw the punch and got up to her feet. She caught sight of the man admiring her but by the time she went to do the same to him, he was gone.

"Ester, what are you doing here?" Edward questioned towards her as his groupies lifted him up into a nearby chair. "I saw that you were in trouble and came to help. Your nose." Ester muttered as she went over to attend to her husband-to-be, Edward but the man that showed such bravery against him was still on her mind, too. Lori came over with a first aid kit and Ester thanked her while rummaging through it and helping Edward clean himself up.

"I think we should postpone the wedding until nightfall, don't you think? That way, you can get some fresh clothes and be free of blood. Plus, a full moon wedding sounds very romantic." Ester mentioned as she stood up then eyed her bridesmaids. She did not bother to wait for Edward's response as she walked out of the tavern and looked both ways for the male that struck Edward but again, he was gone. She shrugged her shoulders then looked over towards Lori, who came back by her side. "What now?" Ester eyed her back then pointed towards the church. "We wait there till nightfall, I guess. Come on, ladies."

Ester started her trek towards the church with the rest of her ladies following behind her. She had wondered if a night wedding was a better idea but now, she was sure that it was. As they neared the church, she saw the man along with other guys surrounding him down at the docks. "Don't Ester." Lori said as Ester smirked a little. "I won't. He's not even worth it." Ester responded as herself and the ladies walked into the church now.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:09 am 

Administrator

What a rush, Charlie thought to himself as he quietly made his way through town. His crewmember was struggling a bit to keep up with him. He moved at a brisk pace, not because he was worried about being followed, he made sure to vanish from the scene quickly, but because he figured now was as good a time as any to get back to his crew and his ship. Surely everything would be in order by now and they could plan their next course… Perhaps add a new member to their crew while they were at it.

He couldn’t help but smile at the thought. That woman, whoever she was, would not leave his mind. It wasn’t every day such beauty was seen! Now, Charlie has never considered himself to be much of a flirt (except he is), but when he saw an attractive woman he couldn’t help but want to get to know her better. In all his travels, he has met so many different women, some of them… colorful for sure, and even spent a few nights with some of them. This, of course, has had a tendency to get him into trouble in the past.

Eric was the first person he spotted as soon as he reached the docks. The sight of his old friend caused him to regain some of his composure, in the sense that he was prepared for news that something might be wrong. He looked worried, especially when he saw the smile the Captain wore on his face.

“Eric! Is everything alright?” Charlie spoke up first before Eric could ask questions, with an expression of seriousness, as if his previous thought had not been on his mind at all.

“Everything is fine, yes… I’m just here to keep you out of trouble,” Eric said with a smirk. He looked Charlie over, letting out a sigh, “I hope I’m not too late?”

Charlie laughed and waved his hand absently, “No, not at all. I’m just enjoying a stroll through town.” He decided to leave out the confrontation he had, knowing full well that the few people who knew about it, the easier the rest of their time would be here in town. Besides, he had a feeling he already knew. Eric had a way of reading him, they have known each other for quite some time after all. “Anyway, I trust you and the others have managed to finish making preparations?” He said quickly, to change the subject.

Eric, Charlie, and a few other members of the crew that gathered, when they saw their Captain had returned, walked with each other back to the ship, while Eric filled Charlie in on everything that happened. Briefly, Charlie could have sworn he had seen the woman from earlier heading toward the church that was nearby. He quickly brushed it off as his imagination, something like wishful thinking. There were other things to worry about at this time. Especially when Eric mentioned something about a full moon, and expressing concerns about wanting to leave before nightfall.

“The Seer told you about the full moon, did he?” Charlie said, somewhat annoyed. “I told him to keep that between us…”

“You told… Wait, how long did you know about it?”

“A few days.”

“Is that so?” Eric seemed exasperated, “Well that explains why you’ve been so energetic lately…”

“That might be one reason,” Charlie stopped walking and faced his crew, “That event that’s happening in town. You know about it, right? Apparently it’s some kind of wedding.” He looked around the docks with a devious look on his eyes. There were more ships here now then there were this morning; this wedding must be a huge deal if so many people were attending. It was hardly surprising since that Edward fellow seemed to walk around like he was somebody important. What if he was rich, and invited all of his rich friends?

“Eric and the rest of you have done a good job with preparations,” He continued. “I know some of you want to leave tonight but, with such a big event going on, how could we ignore the opportunity for a little fun?” There were some cheers amongst the small crowd. Charlie grinned, “Nightfall is in a few hours, men. Be ready, we’re going to crash this wedding. Naturally.”

But as soon as dusk fell, Charlie was below deck with the Seer, in a small room reinforced with silver bars.

“I can already feel the moon’s energy,” the Seer said.

Charlie nodded, “I’ve felt it most of the day…”

“How are you feeling?”

“Fine… I’m fine. I told them we would be crashing that wedding today.”

“What?”

“I needed to give them something to do,” Charlie grinned. Only the Seer, Eric, and a few others who have been with him since he first gathered his own crew and set out to sea in search of adventure knew why he could not be seen. Especially on a night like this, where the moon’s influence was strong. “Anyway, just get it over with. If anybody asks, I’m asleep.”

The Seer nodded, and locked the metal door behind him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:06 am 

While they made it inside of the church, Ester escorted the ladies to a room in the back as they helped her get beautified again. Many, many thoughts ran throughout her mind right about now but she thought that protecting Edward would bring back some type of feelings but alas, it did not and she still did not love or want to marry him. It was just mere hours before the sun was about to set and nightfall ensued for the wedding. Ester let out a soft sigh as Lori scoffed towards her in response then shook her head.

"Please tell me that you are going through with this wedding." Lori muttered as her bridesmaids stopped what they were doing and turned their gazes towards Ester, who looked very flushed right about now. But as she was about to respond, her mother was standing at the door and responded for her. "Of course she is." Ester's mother said as she walked further into the room now. "I believe she was talking to me, mother." Ester retorted towards her mother with a slight scowl plastered upon her face.

Ester's mother smiled towards her then looked at the bridesmaids and wanted them to clear the room, which they did as Ester's mother rubbed her hand along Ester's shoulder and smiled as the ladies cleared the room now. Once they left, Ester's mother smile turned into a frown as she clenched her grip on Ester's shoulder now and met eye level with her now. "Look, you marry Edward and just get this over with. I do not care if you are happy about it or not. Got it?"

Ester started to whimper slightly at the pain as her mother finally eased up on the grip and stood upright now. "People will be arriving soon so get ready and in that wedding dress." With that said, Ester's mother left the room and wanted the bridesmaids to help Ester get ready again. She had tear filled eyes as she sniffled and held back the tears, no matter how hard it was. Lori and the other bridesmaids helped Ester get ready for tonight and even helped her fit into her wedding dress, which snugged her body perfectly.
- - - - - - - - -
The sun had finally set in the distance and the skies above had turned a raven color but stars twinkled above, as well. People were gathering inside and outside of the church as Ester paced back and forth in the room where she got ready. Lori eyed Ester with a raised brow as she groaned a little bit. "Can you calm down? You are making me nervous and I am not even the one getting married." Lori muttered towards Ester, who just continued on pacing.

"So many people are here to witness this, Lori. What if I get up there and can't go through with it? Then I would have disappointed a lot of people, including my family." Ester said as she stopped pacing for a moment to turn her full body towards Lori, her maid of honor and best friend, now. "Look, just breathe in the good and breathe out the bad. You look lovely and I cannot wait until you wed Edward." Lori offered Ester those words of encouragement. Ester looked over towards Lori with a smile as she grabbed her bouquet from Lori. "I can do this."

With those words said, she went out the backdoor then walked around to the front and the ceremony began. First there was light music so that people could get to their seats then in came the groom, along with the groomsmen and the bridesmaids followed by the ring barrier and the flower girl. Ester breathed continuously but whenever she heard her theme song for the night, which was Here Comes The Bride, she gasped under her breath and lifted one foot before the other and slowly made her way inside the church.

People had stood up and eyed her as she came into plain view now. Ester had a tear roll down her cheek underneath her veil as she continued her trek up towards Edward, who was standing there as happy as he could be. After a few more steps, she was now standing in front of the minister that was conducting the ceremony and in front her future husband, Edward as he removed the veil to reveal her tear stained cheeks.

The minister had everyone seated and the ceremony began with the minister welcoming everyone to witness the bonding between Ester and Edward. The full moon lit up and reflected off the waters behind the church and could be seen plain as day within the sky. It was indeed romantic as Ester had said earlier but often of times, full moons meant something was bound to happen on that night.