All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:49 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The ice cold wind felt wonderful in the thick rosetted fur of the snow leopard. Resting on his bare paws the dark grey fur of his back flickered as he sniffed the air. Strange, the air was filled with the scent of life. Why had Ivan agreed to leave the wonderful mountains to be with the other types. Why had he taken his mothers request to explore the world. Why … why why why!

Wonderful questions that Ivan had not the answer for as he lifted his china blue eyes to the sky, the one thing that was unusual was that he could see green on the ground, his pristine white fur now stained green with walking upon it, his claws catching more than once in the strange grass he wondered again, why. A snow leopard should be hunting a goat or some other grass eater not walking and venturing into the world of the others.

Lowering down to the note that was in his mother’s precise script he read it again, in disbelief, not only was he having the indignity of going into the world away from all he had known, his mother had sent him to go and see a canine. Honestly, what the heck was wrong with her and only the breeding and enforcement of the rules prevented him scrunching the papers and telling his mother to get lost.

Another cold breeze, eased his mood a little bit, he’ll worry about finding the half breed tomorrow, tonight at least he’ll find a nice inn, a meal cooked not by his own hands and a bed. That is one thing that Ivan did appreciate about being away from home, the beds were a lot more comfortable, who would have thought that feathers could be so comfortable!

The inn he was looking for was just ahead, at least according to the maps, ‘The harp under the mountains.’ Well that was appropriate he thought, as he had just come down the said mountains and he smiled a little bit as he heard the music lifting towards him, he had never heard a musical instrument before, but he had read about them. Snow Leopards didn’t deal with such nonsense, they were nomadic and were far too busy to deal with such luxury, but he did admit as he swiveled his ears to get the best sound, that music did sound wonderful.

Eyes resting on the building of cold stone he smiled as he saw an otter enter the building; wafts of wonderful scented burning wood and meat filled his senses .. yes he could really enjoy visiting an inn, maybe he could find this canine and go home. He sure the hell hoped so.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:26 am 

Bored. Ugh.

The half-breed the Snow Leopard was looking for, was actually at the same inn, a solemn look about her. She wasn't a rare breed, by any means. It was her fur pattern that made her rare. She had bright red fur with some dark splotches over her hands and feet. She had some white that went from the center of her stomach, over her chest, and covered her lower jaw of her muzzle. Her nose was a moist coal black. The inside of her ears were white, with a black outline that faded into the red of her usual red fur.

Why was she a half-breed? Her mother had mated with her father. Her mother was a beautiful dog, an Alaskan Malamute, who was mistaken as another wolf, which was what her father was. The stories she was told was that her parents had fallen deeply in love with each other, an even deeper form of imprinting, and had started their family of halfbreeds. Only two pups were born. The eldest was Avaria, the halfbreed sitting at the bar of the inn. The other was a runt, who didn't make it. Avaria was told it was to have been her brother, though his fur was as black as winter nights.

Another part of the story was, when war broke out and her father had been drafted, he left for war, and never came home. Even her mother didn't know what had happened to him, and Avaria had been too small to have it explained to her. She grew well enough without a father's loving touch or protective glare. She had her own fiesty attitude.

But why was she at an inn, closer to the mountains rather than in the snowed lands of her home? Why, she'd been summoned for... Something. All she knew was that she was supposed to meet a Snow Leopard. The message had been crytic, but one supposes they shouldn't leave someone hanging. So, she had set on her way. She didn't know where she was supposed to meet this Leopard, but figured the inn might be her best bet. She'd only arrived about an hour ago.

Betwixt her hands was a mug of water, not much of a drinker, and a plate of some wood burned meat. It's what had drawn her there in the first place. Her feet were dry and warm, resting on the bottom rung of the stool. Her legs, though clad in tight pants, showed the strong muscles she had, which had led her to be there so quickly. She had speed and agility thanks to those muscles. Her tail, a mixture of fluffy and not so fluffy, poked out from just above her behind and just below her spine, unmoving. Her body was thin, lithe, strong, and somehow well-endowed as well. The sweater she wore, simply to make it look like she wasn't a nut running around in the snow, was black against her fur, making her stand out. The hair she had atop her head, no, not her fur, was smooth and soft, wrapped up into a ponytail. The boots she had warn were warming next to the fire, drying out as well. She had stumbled into a river on accident.

"The leopard needs to hurry up... I hate waiting..." She mumbled, rubbing her ear before taking a long drink of water.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:53 am 

The delight of the inn was not lost on him as Ivan entered the inn. Tomorrow he’d hunt the half-breed, but right now he had to focus on getting himself something to eat and a bed, blinking rapidly to let his eyes adjust to the light he tucked his paws into his trousers and turned around a moment to see a whole menagerie of folk, most of them were in groups only one loner at the bar. A red fur, not that he would mind talking to one such as she but he looked back at the letter and marveled at it.

Dear Ivan,

I know that you do not understand why you have to leave the village, but all snow leopards whom want to join the community must go and venture in the outside world to know what it is to be a leopard of distinction. The task set before you is that Blind Shaman Wolf wants to find the daughter of the malamute that bore him a pup.

You are not to bring her back to the village till you have stood with her for a year and a day, the reason is that the blind wolf must be protected his health is what keeps the village in peace, you are to follow the charge, and make sure that she is protected. If she is worthy and you can convince the charge, you are to return with her. Remember. You are not allowed to tell her the purpose. She has been sent a letter, telling her that you are to be her body guard and she is to go on some quest, the details I do not know. The letter does tell her to take you to her mother at some point if the mother is still alive.

The blind wolf calls your charge, Ava.

With Love, your mother

Kittiara.

Well blast it to hell, he wasn’t even allowed to tell her what he was doing there? Also what the hell did a half breed look like? How would he know, all canines looked the same. Sliding down next to the one sitting at the bar he nodded his head as he looked up and he waited to catch the attention of the bartender, he needed a drink. A stiff one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am 

Bored. Ugh.

Avaria moved her head and looked over the leopard next to her, curious as to if this was the one she was waiting for. Protection detail, eh? She wasn't even that special so why would she have a bodyguard? Those thoughts were dashed away as he gave a sore attempt to bring about the bartender. "Like this, Leopard." Moving her lips ever so skillfully, she made a sharp, yet quick chirping noise, the bartender moving over to them. She motioned to the kin next to her before pulling out her own letter.

Dearest Avaria,

My sweet daughter, you are being called to go on a quest of your heart's calling. I cannot divulge where you must go, or whom you are to meet, except for a single Snow Leopard. He is to help protect you while you figure out who you are, and what your purpose on this planet must be. Once you figure it out, please, come home to me. I fear my time is drawing near, and I wish to see you as the beautiful woman that you have become. Just remember, I love you more than anything. Even if you don't find out your purpose in life, at least you will have the freedom to do so. You are my little Ava, my little miracle. Please, be safe on your journey and come home to me.

I don't know the name of the snow leopard, but he should be seeking you out as well.

I love you, my Ava.

Love,

Rowena

There was a small scribbled heart in the corner, wet from a tear from her mother. Avaria didn't like how her mother had gone about sending a letter to her about finding her true path, but now that her mother had told her that she felt like she didn't have much longer to go... It put some fire in her step.

Perhaps the leopard who sat beside her was the one looking for her after all. Out of all the chairs here at the bar, he decided to sit right next her. Taking a bite out of the still hot meat, she mulled over what she wanted to say, or ask the leopard, before just deciding on jumping in.

"Are you the Leopard sent to protect me on my quest?" She asked flat out, the bright, yet deep, blue eyes gazing over the mammal once more, hoping that it was.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:59 pm 

A cold shiver ran down the snow leopard’s back as he turned his head to the red fur and he narrowed his eyes a little bit before turning to regard the woman. Eyes lifted up and down in one clear motion to make sure he absorbed as much information as he could. Interesting, it was a canine and he saw the wolf in her but he wasn’t sure he saw the malamute. One thing he did not see was the white or gray fur one would expect. No he saw red, but then this crazy fur was asking him if he was the one. Swallowing, Ivan regarded Avaria, this could not possibly be her, she looked like a fighter, her legs in those tight pants left nothing to the imagination and he could see the full definition of the muscles contained within and he moved his gaze up to her waist and he said to her, “I’m a leopard and I’m here to meet a woman called Ava. However, you don’t need my protection or anyone elses.” The china blue eyes lifted to look the woman directly in the eye, “Also my charge is supposed to be a half breed of wolf and malamute. You have red fur, that shouldn’t be possible.”

Eyes focused on Ava’s paws and he saw the calluses on her digits and how the fur was matted down, no rich wolf would dare be seen with such markings and he continued to explain, “Further, she’s supposed to be a young woman, not a seasoned lass, so whom are you?”

There was a slight growl at the back of the snow leopards throat as his fur lifted up and his tail became really puffy, he was wanting to know whom would be crazy enough to try impersonate. This red fur had the muscles of an assassin, he felt the back muscles tense as he was ready to fight. That was until he got a wack on the shoulder by a bartender, strangely the same otter that had been noticed on the way in and he was informed, “No fighting in the inn.”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:40 pm 

Bored. Ugh.

"Just because I look more like my father doesn't mean I don't have anything from my mother. My mother is Malamute and my father is wolf. And why they sent the rowdiest leopard to protect me, I wouldn't know." She turned to look at him, her deep blue eyes looking at him. "Usually my parents are the only people to call me Ava. So, you must be the leopard with the unfortunate task of following me around." She looked back at her meal and sighed.

She took a few bites of the meat she had, then sighed again. "Just because I look like I'm a fighter, doesn't mean that I am. I hate fighting. I usually just do self defense..." She gazed at the letter for a moment, then took a deep breath. "Look... Let's start over."

She moved and offered her hand to him. "My name is Avaria. My parent call me Ava. And I'm sorry you got roped into this." She told him softly, her eyes letting out more of a soft tone to it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:09 am 

“No more roped than I.” The rowdy leopard responded, “I just thought you would be white or grey, not … a red fur.” Then the snow leopard grinned as he continued, “One, that I might add, is feisty too.” When she said start over, Ivan took the paw offered and he explained before he took her offer, “Yes, I was roped into looking after you, I never wanted to leave home. I was quite happy working as a hunter.”

Then he took a deep breath, “However, what I want isn’t that important. It’s wonderful to meet you Ava, I’m Ivan and I’m not sorry that I got roped into this, I’m sort of glad. A lot of my fellow leopards get a task for years, this will be less than that for me.” Suddenly the leopard smiled as he said, “Come, let me at least buy you a drink, Ava, and you can tell me what, besides watching your back, am I responsible for?”

While he waited for an answer, Ivan looked over the wolf x malamute and he decided that the malamute features softened the wolf look, she had softer cheeks and looks a lot more approachable than a wolf would have done and what’s more she had the markings of … civilization, but then his eyes fell back to her hips and thighs and he wondered if she knew how much power she possessed? Probably not but he couldn’t get over the muscles in the hugging pants, if he had legs like that, he wouldn’t be sucking right now.. he’d be kicking some fellow leopards and he would have stayed home. No, you don’t always get what you want, Ivan mused, but he sure wished it would happen at least once.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:37 am 

Bored. Ugh.

"What do you get when you breed an elephant and a rhino? A hellifino." She rolled her eyes. "All I know is that I'm supposed to go on a journey to find out what my life is meant to be. Or where my place is in life. So, as far as we both know, you're just protecting me until I figure out what I'm supposed to be or do..." She sighed and ran a hand over her ponytail, her tail moving limply for a moment. "And I've already got a drink, thank you. I appreciate the offer."

She looked back at her meal and suddenly felt like she wasn't hungry anymore. She set the plate to the side before looking over at him once more. "And I'm sorry you got roped into this against your will. I suppose I should be glad that it's not as long as you hoped. Wish that it might be shorter for you. You don't seem like the kind of leopard who takes a job in stride and shuts up. If I didn't know better about you Snow Leopards, I would say you could go home and I would go on my own way."

She then held over some money for the otter bartender. "I'm sorry I couldn't finish the delicious food you had made. I've seemed to have lost my appetite." She explained softly before looking back to Ivan. The muscles in her legs tightened as she moved off of the seat she had occupied for the past hour. She quickly downed the rest of her drink and set the cup down with a surprising grace. "If you need me, which you won't, I'll be outside enjoying the snow. Or the cold at least."

With that, she had grasped her jacket and made her way outside. Snow slowly started to drift down and drizzled down onto her fur. If there was one thing about winter she appreciated, it was the silence that followed after a night of snowing. The fresh, crisp first step when walking outside and gazing out at the glittering flakes. And now that she had a big, furred, grumpy butt, she doubted she'd get the silence she enjoyed. It usually brought a bout of depression with it as well, but she handled it as well as she could.

"Oh mom..." She sighed, her breath drifting as a soft mist, "What have you gotten me into now?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:03 pm 

"That was my thought." The leopard whom had followed Ava said softly, "At least you know that I can't turn not do it." Looking up Ivan smiled as he said, "At least you like this civilized weather, it's too hot in that inn." There was a faint pause and then he smiled again, "I know you don't want this anymore than I do, but it's only a year and I am actually a pretty good fighter. It's a matter of pride among my people, I figure, to be a good hunter with stealth and the ability to keep all tresspasers."

The leopard sighed as he felt the cold breeze glide through his fur and he turned to face it, it helped with the oppressive heat of the fireplace within the inn and he took a deep breath letting the frigid air fill his lungs, "Don't be mad, Ava, you have to realize that our parents only mean the best for us. Teaching us how to be adults instead of fools, I know I .. can be a tad foolish and you're going to have to help me get over that. I've got the sense of a hellfino or what ever it is that you called it when it comes to understanding other people’s point of view. The great Cat knows that I don't mean anything by it."

Ivan watched the sky for a moment before he turned to look directly at Ava and he watched the wind in her red headfur and he had to admit that it was very … different, he was only used to long leopard headfur, of course he had seen the wolf but his hair had been kept short. No this strange woman was going to be an education that was for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:52 pm 

Bored. Ugh.

She slowly looked back over at him, then frowned slightly. "Do you always follow and listen in on personal thoughts said out loud?" She asked, then sighed at the coldness of the winter air. She closed her eyes and just stood there in silence for a moment. "I am an adult. I had a job, I had a place to live, I paid my bills... I do everything an adult is supposed to do... So, why I'm doing this, I have no idea... if this is my mother's way of making me find a mate... I don't think I'm ready for one... I don't know how to act around males."

She shivered and sighed. "It doesn't matter. I'm perfectly happy where I am in life. I mean, I play with children every day and they all look up to me. What's better than that?" She asked him, shrugging. "I don't even know where I'm supposed to start this journey... I think I should go see my mom, since she wrote to me that she thinks her time is nearing..."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:14 pm 

Slightly offended the snow leopard replied, “Snow leopards are a community, we share our thoughts and hearts with one another.” There was a faint frown on Ivan’s face as she said something about finding a mate and he said softly, “You are far too young to even be thinking of settling down, Ava. You’re barely whelped and as to paying for bills. Goodness, you shouldn’t have to worry about that. Tax is not something you should worry about till you do have a family.”

There was a deep sigh as he gave her a withering look, “You’re of an age where you should go and have an adventure, find yourself, grow, not live the life of a responsible person before living at all. At least, that is what the Shaman says.” There was a look of slight annoyance, “I don’t necessarily agree, but I’ve been trained to respect my elders and they told me that I have to go and look after you and have an adventure.”

Ivan paused, smiled, “Yes we should go and see your mother, at least that way I can say I’ve explored the world and you can say that I accompanied you. You see, Ava, adventure does one of two things in my opinion, it either jades you or it does you in. I rather not be done in, but… I have my honor. Do you have anything we need to pack before we head off, because the sooner we get this done, the sooner you can be free to go live the life you want to live without obligation.. and I can go back to being a responsible leopard hunting for his family and clan.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:22 pm 

Bored. Ugh.

She looked at him and frowned. She then crossed her arms as she looked at him. "Then share your thoughts and heart with a snow leopard of your choice. I'm not a leopard, nor do I often share. I'm not welped, as you so say. I am a grown adult and can do what I please. Bills are normal for an adult. Doesn't matter if I have a family or not. And someone has to be the responsible one when your father is presumably dead and your mother lay dying. One grows up fast to take care of others. If I could frolic and be carefree, I'd more than likely take it. But one learns from a young age when to take the reigns and be an adult. Unlike a certain animal in front of me."

"As for your jaded or does you in comment, it depends on which side of the stone you're looking at. And I don't need anything. The sooner I can be rid of your furry, spotted, prided ass the sooner I can get back to my lonely life of paying bills. Besides, its not like I'm going to have a mate anyways. Everyone I've ever dated said they'd never settle down with me because I'm a mutt, so thank you for saying I'm "too young" for a mate. I'll just grow to be a lonely wolfamute," she told him before starting in a direction away from the inn.

There was something about him and his damnable pride that made her want to vomit. Or attack him. Or some violent act. He didn't understand her side of things. He'd had a family. He chose to go hunt for them. Hell, he probably had a clan of over thirty members. It had only been her mother and herself, and even then she'd had to take care of herself. She hated that fact, but usually her mother was so distraught that her father had never come home that she barely took care of herself. So, she'd taken up the reigns to do so for her. She couldn't let her mother wither away, could she?

No. Even now, after reading the letter, she was concerned for her mother's health and felt extremely guilty for moving out on her own. She had made sure her mother had been taken care of when she left, and it had only been a month since the last time she'd seen the silvering malamute, but it didn't stop the guilt or the worry.

It also didn't stop her boots crunching the snow as she made quick tracks away from the inn. Honestly, she couldn't get away fast enough. She wouldn't need to eat for another two weeks so she didn't need to carry food. She had already left her place without clothes so it really didn't bother her any that she'd wear different clothes. As long as these didn't get ripped or too dirty, it woudn't bother her anyway.