All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:13 pm 

I need a chicken to hug.

Blog: View Blog (0)

"I am sorry, Mrs. Pakirus, but you know the limit of children within a home is two" spoke the grand elder. He stood at a height of 5'6" with wrinkles old with age. His eyes were a dark blue, looking over the faces before him which consisted of a female adult, and three children all huddled around their parent.

"I-I understand, Grand Elder. But, please do not sentence this child to death. Surely there is another way for him" her voice soft and pleading.

The Elder stood there with his hands behind his back, two officers at both sides, standing straight with their hands at their sides. They wore dark blue leather long sleeved shirts with a deep collar and a yellow sash going across their torso from one shoulder to their hip as well as a pair of black leather boots that reached half of their lower leg, strapped up with buckles.

"I am afraid not, Mrs. Pakirus. The only other solution would be to send your child in a Pod. In other words, exile him from Yaktor. His life could be at the hands of anyone. Fate itself could see and do fit with the child." A silence washed over them for a brief moment, allowing all to take in the new information. "You understand this, correct?"

"Yes. I understand, Grand Elder."

Silence was all that could be heard as the pod drifted through space. A point where he had grown up alone. He had no one, nothing. Life itself felt practically strange, silent, and lonely. An alien figure had been lying on his bed within his pod, the very same that was used to exile him from Yaktor. Where the elements of life itself would judge him. This alien stood at a height of 5'9" and had pale, fleshy colored skin. Long tentacle like strands held together by a cloth headband. Dark, almost a light brown, fleshy color could be seen as spots around the sides of his blue eyes. Similar to a birthmark in a sense, only with a distinctive design.

His clothes consisted of a leather, black shirt and a pair of black leather pants and boots. It seems that he had been adrift for many years, in which he had. But being lost in space soon came to a halt when the pod started to head for a very interesting, blue planet. Earth. The ride down was like an insane rollercoaster. He didn't know if he'd be able to make the landing, let alone survive it. Quo, would be stuck and alone on this blue planet. What dangers awaited him? He would never know. Even so, it was a bit too much pressure for him, and he passed out on the way down, an emergency 'chute activating once reaching a certain height.

Upon awaking, he found that he was at a standstill. The pod must have safely landed, with a rush of relief washing over him. It would be quite some time until he was able to adjust himself to this new planet. Besides, he was safe in his pod, right? The pod itself had landed in a park. It was well around 11PM that night, hardly anyone out. But the sound of cars driving by in the distance was an interesting sound to listen to. Maybe he truly was safe now.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:05 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Humming to herself in the mild June air, Hannah was on her tipsy way home from a 'yay-it's-friday' drink with some of her colleagues. All right, maybe more than just one. Drowning her sorrows seemed a good idea to forget that she actually didn't have the money to afford drowning, whatever that meant. She really wasn't thinking too clearly at the moment, instead choosing to focus intensely on not tripping over tree roots and stepping in dog ****, taking large, exaggerated astronaut-steps every time she spotted something strange on the ground, as illuminated by the green gl-

Green glow?

Stopping mid-step, her left foot raised high into the air, Hannah turned her head and saw what she so desperately wanted to be true. A curiously small crater with a perfect metal ball of sorts, a parachute disappearing behind it. You are frick frackin' kidding me right now. She went to the pod and cautiously ran a hand over the smooth surface, squealing as a seamless door opened with a small hiss. Hannah stared bewildered at her hand. Did she have some sort of magic space touch? It had to be an alien pod, right? She stuck her head inside the opening, eyes widening at what she saw.

It was god damn impossible to believe. A strange, pale creature, definitely not human, was inside. Hannah stood in dumbfounded silence, pink hair sticking to her very hot face. Then her face split into a wide grin.

"I knew it!" She screamed, laughed, and punched the air, performing a wild solitary war dance in the dark park. "Wait until Dan hears about this!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:30 am 

I need a chicken to hug.

The relaxing silence of the night was all that he wished for, all he ever wanted. He wanted to at least find peace at where he was with no worry, of course that was short-lived. Hearing footsteps outside of the pod made him freeze. Footsteps? Who.. or what, was outside? He had forgotten for a split second that he was on another planet. His life, would be at serious risk. What if this creature alerted others? Surely he couldn't have that. Barely having a life and having it end so suddenly? Not going to happen.

The hiss of the pod door opened, and Quo sat up in bed, leaning on his elbows. Before him was a being, fleshy colored with pink hair. It appeared to be female, and of course, overly excited of some sort. The loud shouting startled him. Scrambling up from his bed, he quickly reached over to grab the female by a shoulder, pulling her in quickly, having her rest against him. He rested a hand on her mouth as the pod door closed with a hiss. He tried to keep her quiet, muffled of course.

Not good, not good. When is this ever good?! This.. being here.. Surely she would alert others of her kind to me. I'm not ready to die now. Quo looked around his pod for a moment, frantically searching for something. Of course he had nothing, so he slowly turned his head to look back at the female. The look of fear was clearly shown in his blue eyes. I don't know what to do. Do I just... let her go? What if she shouts again? Would I have to kill her? His thoughts were wandering, but he knew he could never kill another being. It just wasn't his nature.

Slowly, he started to pull his hand away from the being's mouth. Hesitation was always something he had when it came to unknown things. Sighing, he sat down on his bed with his head in his hands. His life was sure to end here, what luck did he have to be stuck here?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:30 am 

Hannah's excited screaming was rudely interrupted as the creature wrapped a hand around her mouth and dragged her inside the pod that closed with a hiss. Oh, nonononono. Hannah bit down on his hand to no avail. He was much taller and much stronger than her, turning her effortlessly around to face him. Was that - fear in his eyes? Hannah stopped struggling inside the tiny pod. Maybe she wouldn't be kidnapped by an extraterrestrial after all. As cool as it would be, she wouldn't be able to tell anyone, anyway, which was kind of the point of the whole thing about seeing aliens.

The thing seemed distressed as it sat down on the surprisingly comfortable-looking bed. Hannah crossed her arms and squinted, trying to figure out what exactly was happening. Who attacks people and then don't do anything? Extra-terrestrials, apparently.

"Y'know, y've no right to look so upset," she said, waggling a finger uncertainly at it. Him? "You weren't just - attacked by an alien!" She paused, realizing that she had actually attempted to bite him, and she was just as strange to him as he was to her. "Wait I guess - I guess maybe you were. But that's beside the p-point," she continued with a small hiccup.

She began slapping her hands against the inner walls of the pod lightly, hoping for another mysterious occurrence of the magic space touch to let her out again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:31 pm 

I need a chicken to hug.

Quo lifted his head slowly from his hands when he heard the being talking. Though he didn't understand fully, it would take some time for him to get use to the language on this planet. Glancing at his hand at where the female had bitten him, he tried to touch it but winced a bit. Man, when you touch it, it stings a bit. Though it did hurt a little, he put it passed him and shifted his eyes to look at the human girl. She was certainly an interesting one to say the least. Standing up slowly, he walked towards her, staring over her shoulder. He reached out a hand and gently grabbed her wrist, slowly pulling it down to her side as if to tell her to stop. He took this moment to look the human over. She was short, no doubt compared to him. And though acting a bit strange, she smelled, well, strange. She smelled like she was drunk of some sort.

He hesitated for a moment, wondering if it would even be worth it to try and help this human. But he was still a bit wary of her. Pushing those thoughts aside, he slowly led her over to sit on the bed. He, himself sat next to her, given a bit of space. He looked exhausted, but nothing was really strange about him except for his tentacle like things that were being held back with a headband. In a sense, he looked somewhat human, kind of, sorta.

With eyes drifting around the pod, he didn't know if he would be willing to accept the fact that he was all alone now. Away from Yaktor, away from everything he ever knew. Now, Earth was his new home, or so he hoped. It's all he ever wanted. Turning his head to look at the human, he reached out a finger and started to poke her, as if trying to identify her of some kind.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:02 pm 

"Boy, that's a li'l early for that, isn't it?" Hannah snickered to herself as she sat on the bed opposite the alien. She laughed out loud as crude thoughts of whether or not he reproduced in the same way as humans entered her mind. He was looking at her something awful, like he was demanding an explanation for why she was here but long since given up hope of actually getting one.

"You look like something from a book," said Hannah unimaginatively. The silence was getting to be uncomfortable for her, even in her cheery tipsy state. The alien looked tired to the bone. She found that weird, because from what she could see, there wasn't much else to this pod than the bed they were sitting on. He must have slept all the time. Then again - traveling did make you tired. And this one had traveled far indeed, if she were to judge.

Coming out of his stupor, he turned to her and prodded her like she was the interesting one here. Hannah's mouth twisted, and she prodded him right back, right in his stomach. Was it still a stomach? His digestive system could be in his legs, for all she knew.

"So, you gonna let me out some time, or what?" She asked, gesturing to where the door approximately was. "I have work tomorrow, man. You're cool and all, but I don't think they'll consider 'meeting an alien in the park while alone and drunk' a valid excuse for not coming in."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:35 pm 

I need a chicken to hug.

Quo sat there, hesitating for a bit, not sure on what to do. Clearly the human was wanting out. There was also the fact that she was poking his stomach, to which he stood up immediately as if the sudden touch tickled him. Going over to the side of the pod where the door had been, he put his hand on the wall and slid it across from one side to the other. From there, a hiss sound could be heard and the pod opened up. Although he was still unsure of whether or not he wanted to leave the safety of the pod, he took a few steps out. Boots touching the lightly damp grass. Looking up at the sky to stare at the stars and the faint glowing moon.

Clouds seemed to have formed in the sky, with the sound of thunder booming above. It was quite loud, and struck Quo with a sense of fear that caught him off guard. What.. is this noise? Slowly taking a few steps more, a crack of lightning shone across the sky, and the clouds opened up with rain falling. Quo had become still, unwilling to move; he was frightened to the point of not knowing what to do. Didn't know what was going on at all. Why was the sky suddenly dispensing moisture? What was that frightening sound and that flash of light in the sky? What kind of planet did he land on?

Just by looking around, he could see a couple of cars driving about, as well as a few people with umbrellas walking down the sidewalk. The rain dripped onto his tentacles, to which he didn't really like. Managing to undo the deep 'collar' of his shirt, it pulled up into a hood. With this, it hid his tentacles and strangely pointed ears. You could hardly tell he was an alien. In fact, he looked rather normal once those things were hidden. Though, leather never really works well with the rain. He started to shiver a bit from it, hugging his sides. You could tell that he was not use to this at all. It was 100% new to him. Quickly, he turned his head to look at the human, as if trying to figure out what it is he should do.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:15 pm 

For someone who clearly didn't originate from this planet, his body language clearly signaled discomfort and uncertainty. Or - did it? The more Hannah thought about it, the less sure she was. Much like his intestines could be folded up in his big toe, so could he actually be trying to tell her that he was about to turn her into alien protein bars. But he wasn't done surprising her. Hannah watched, leaning sideways on the bed so as to get a better view, as he startled from a thunder boom and from the completely harmless rain. She chuckled. The door had been left open, so the protein bar thing seemed unlikely. Maybe he had understood that she needed to go home, after all?

She got to her feet from the cross-legged position she had held on the bed, jumping the short distance from the cot to the floor and landing just a little unsteadily. As long as you don't puke in front of him, girl. If he's scared of rain, imagine what you spewing pools of stinking acid might do to him.

Hannah stood next to him and peered up at the sky. A light mist in the air had turned to big, fat raindrops, and she shielded her head with her arms and prepared to run for home. Except... She couldn't leave him. He wasn't just a complete stranger to her, he was a complete stranger to the entire planet. It had to be a beyond rough situation to be in.

"So... You comin'?" She tossed her head in a general direction away from the pod, envying him his hood, but also very relieved that he had one on. "I'm not gonna spend ten minutes trying to convince you, y'know. I like getting wet about as much as you do." She grinned, all teeth.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:11 am 

I need a chicken to hug.

Quo slowly turned his head when Hannah started talking to him again. To be quite fair, he didn't want to be left alone, but he was still unsure of this human. With the odds against him, he followed after her. Though he tried not to show it, he stood close to her, afraid to be left alone in this weather. All he really did was keep his head down, the hood pulled over his head to hide his worried expression on his face as best as he could. It was going to be quite a while before Quo would be able to settle down and accept the fact that he was going to be living here on this world. This human though of course peaked his interest. Taking a quick glance, his eyes shifted to the right to look down at the human, walking at the same pace as her. The dark streets were lit faintly with street lamps. The pattering of rain hitting the ground, the sound of cars whooshing by, plashing in some puddles that happened to form from the rainfall.

Occasionally he would get some stares from some humans passing. Though of course he was still a bit uncomfortable with the situation. Quo slowly moved a bit closer to Hannah, as if he was feeling uneasy.

How does one get use to a new environment such as this? How do I survive here? Surely I know nothing about any of this. But, this human here... he glanced again at Hannah. Is it really okay to trust this one? She did find me, and she seems friendly. Though I probably should not let my guard down; if my curiosity gets the best of me, who knows what might happen.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:43 am 

The heavy rain helped sober Hannah up as they walked towards her home; a not-very-fancy place above an Asian specialties store. It was a relief to turn from the streets and into the cul-de-sac where her front door was hidden. She cast a quick glance behind her to make sure he was still there before she ran as fast as she dared up the rain-slick rickety metal spiral staircase to a small plateau on the first floor, and unlocked the door. She fumbled with her keys, but finally got in, shaking and soaking.

What do you say the first time you have an extra-terrestrial over? 'Hi, this is my home, nothing in here will kill you unless you're really stupid and/or psychotic'? Hannah made a vague sound of exasperation as she remembered how she had absolutely not told it - him? She still wasn't sure - that she came in peace. "Buzz Lightyear would be very disappointed in you," she mumbled to herself, saluting the Buzz Lightyear figurine that was posing proudly atop a stack of wooden crates that had been re-purposed as a shelf arrangement.

The whole apartment oozed necessitated recycling. The leaf green two-person couch clearly had seen better days; the little carpet in front of it, too. The curtains that hung by the only window in the living/kitchen combo room that made up 80% of Hannah's home were faded and frayed. But it was clean, and it wasn't any more than she needed.

"It's not much, but - being an errand girl doesn't exactly net you the big pay checks," she said, pulling off her wet sweatshirt with some difficulty, revealing a bright yellow top underneath. Her pink hair, which had been in a neat bun when she left her house this morning, curled and twisted its way to her shoulders. Hannah flicked a switch, and the ceiling light flickered once or twice before coming on properly, casting the room into a slightly industrial light. It irritated her. It should not be impossible to make fluorescent lamps that kept things looking alive instead of artificial in its glow, should it?

"Y'know, I don't usually take people home I've just met," she joked as she filled an electrical kettle with water and set it to boil. "Did I get cookies? Yeees, we have cookies, dude," she said triumphantly, fishing out a couple of teabags and a sleeve of chocolate-chip she'd found in an overstuffed cupboard. The kettle clicked, she poured water into two mugs, and carried one steaming mug and the cookies to the couch, where she sat down. She leant back against one armrest with a sigh that echoed with the simple joy of sitting down after a long day. She gestured towards the other mug that she had left on the counter.

"Go on, it's yours. Not poison, just hot. See?"
She took a sip and smiled.

Last edited by Fearless Sissy on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:04 am 

I need a chicken to hug.

Quo did his best to keep his profile low as he followed Hannah around. The way to her home seemed a bit odd, but then again, what did he know? He just got here. When they made it towards some stairs, he watched her take off. It confused him a little bit, but the roaring thunder above seemed to think otherwise. He scrambled his way quickly up the stairs to follow suit. It would be quite a while for the rain to settle down for sure. Maybe tomorrow it would clear up? Upon seeing the human open the door to her home, he hesitated for a moment, unsure on whether he really was okay with following her. She was inviting him in, to which, he slowly took a step into the home, lowering his soaked hood from his head. Closing the door behind him, he took the time to look around at his new environment.

The home itself was clean, but looked rather worn. He wasn't one to complain though, he basically was thrown here to Earth. That much he knew he could not fix. He took this time to sit on the couch, finding it somewhat comfortable. It was, soft in a sense. His eyes however, were fixed on Hannah, watching her as she moved about. When she brought over some type of steaming liquid and what looked to be food of some sort to the couch, he didn't quite understand. But just looking at her trying to communicate to him, it was a start.

Turning his head to look at the mug sitting on the counter, he stood up, slowly making his way over to get it and bring it back. It was hot for sure, but it didn't seem to be bad to drink, as the human looked just fine, smiling even. Quo brought the mug up to his lips, taking a small sip. He only flinched slightly due to it being hot, but he got use to it. It was rather refreshing to be able to drink something after so long. Glancing back over at Hannah, he tried to smile in return to show his appreciation.

The cookies however, is what made him question things. He was hesitant on a lot of things. Setting the mug down on the table, he turned his gaze to the cookies. Reaching out to grab one, he looked it over. Of course he had never seen a chocolate chip cookie before. He took a bite of it, finding it was rather sweet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:12 am 

Hannah stared, fascinated. He was like a child, a very cautious one. Was 'stranger danger' a thing on other planets, too?

"I still don't know what to call you," she said, taking a bite of her own cookie, holding it over her cup so as to not crumble it all over her couch. When you couldn't have Nice, you at the very least could have Clean, that was her philosophy. "And I'm not even sure you really understand any of what I've been saying. You're probably just lonely and scared. Any port in a storm, right?" She chuckled humorlessly, wracking her brain for a way to get him to say anything. Somehow, he would be less alien if he had a name and vocal cords. And if she were completely honest with herself, now that a rainy walk home and a cup of tea had begun to help her sober up, she had an alien in her house. An actual extraterrestrial, and she had no idea for how long or if it were all some sort of practical joke, or a fever dream, or something she was imagining in a hospital bed in an coma. Hannah gulped and forced the rest of the cookie down, then pointed at herself.

"I'm Hannah. Hannah. That's my name, Hannah. What about you?" She pointed at the 'man' in front of her. Could you still consider what looked to be male aliens 'men'? Was that a humans-only term?

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:02 pm 

I need a chicken to hug.

Quo listened carefully, trying to figure out what this human was doing. She did seem to try to talk to him a lot, that much was clear. Though, it surely was going to be difficult, especially in a situation like this. Sure, he was brought here, but how long would that last? To be honest, he really didn't want to go out in that rainy weather, it was something he was very uncomfortable about. Just the thoughts of those loud thunder noises made a shiver run down his spine.

Upon snapping out of his thoughts for a moment, he glanced back at the human who seemed to be pointing to herself, saying 'Hannah' Was that her name? Is that what she was referring to? He slowly raised a hand, extending a finger that rested gently on the human's chest, where he could feel the slow beating of her heart. "Han" he started to say, trying to form the words, trying to mimic her. "Han..nah" From there, he wondered if this human wanted to know his name, it was only fair, right? Pulling his hand away slowly, he reached over to gently grab Hannah's hand, pulling it to rest against his chest. "Quo" he said, pointing to himself while his other hand was holding Hannah's. Maybe he would be alright after all.