All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:30 pm 

Missing My Companions

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Chris happily sat where she indicated, and took in the scene around him when she ventured off for a few moments before ordering their drinks. For himself, he ordered only a single malt scotch. It was nothing overly strong, but then - he wanted to keep his senses sharp. Besides that, he was sure the drinks here were much more potent than the average ones at other similar locations. Part of this he figured would come from the supernatural people who frequented the establishment. However, for Gabrielle, he ordered a quadruple distilled scotch with a 95% / 184 proof rating. It was said this particular scotch was to replicate one from something he had read about describing such a drink in 1695. Considering how old Gabrielle likely was - and her mention of strong drinks - he figured this particular brew would suit her nicely. Both drinks arrived from the same waitress as before, but her reaction to him was indifferent this time. Where before there had been a predatory sense from her - now it was as if she was completely uninterested. Chris wondered if this had anything to do with his dragon companion...as if the woman knew she could not compete with Gabrielle....or had not desire to tangle with her.

Either way, Chris was content, and patiently waited for her return.

With Gabrielle gone - Chris found himself more free it seemed. Her presence was powerful, but it was more than that. It was his own overdue desire to meet her again, and now that he had - it was to find himself in the presence of the most beautiful woman he had ever met. The fact that she was a dragon only seemed to increase the attraction he had for her. Sure, he knew Gabrielle was a beautiful woman. He still remembered what she looked like that night so long ago, but the perceptions of a child versus that of an adult were vastly different. Never in all his young life had he been so enchanted by any woman. Perhaps, part of that had come from already being enchanted by her for nearly 20 years. No woman had ever really been given a chance with him, because he was always focused on her. Now, however, he realized the situation had changed rather considerably. Here he was about to have drinks literally with the woman of his dreams, and she wasn't just any woman.

She was an ancient being of fire, strength, beauty, wisdom, and power.

She was a dragon!

With his mind more able to focus on his surroundings once more; Chris glanced around briefly as he waited on her return. A few eyes passed over him with interest, but no one stared. He kept his senses sharp, but more to defend his mind and heart than to explore his environment. Something told him that it would have been a mistake. He had, perhaps in retrospect, already attracted too much attention to himself with his desire to find Gabrielle. It was only just now occurring to him that he might have drawn attention to himself with his unusual usage of his mind and soul...something most mortals had not yet learned to use in concert. Surely there were others present who had powers of mind and soul, and may have even picked up on his abilities. Such would certainly make those who belonged to the shadowy world of magic and myth take note of him.

Even so, the deed was done, and she had not only been found...he was here with her.

Her return washed over him like the soothing warmth of a blazing fireplace. His attention was instantly on her as she sat down. Part of him warned that his mind would be overthrown if he did not shield it, but he refused to hide himself from her...not even his soul. He was with her, and if she wanted him...he would not resist. Another part of him noted that she would not want a slave, though, and this caused Chris to find some part of himself to remain true.

This, however, was much easier than he anticipated. For his true self was not enchanted for her fiery presence, but enchanted simply from the magic as old as the dawn of time...that of a woman.

"Here is your own drink," he whispered still in awe of Gabrielle as he handed over the special scotch to her - hoping she liked it. Only then did he bother to take a couple of swallows from his own glass. As he suspected, the scotch he had ordered was at least twice as strong as the average single malts. His eyes widened briefly as he took the savory strong drink in, and licked his lips a bit afterwards...savoring the taste and effect.

He found himself gazing deeply into her divine eyes, and took a deep breath of her scent. "Gabrielle, I cannot express to you all that is inside me for this moment...I have not the skill with words...not even if I had all the languages at my command. There is so much I want to know...to say...to share and express," Chris began...his voice nearly as warm as the fire inside her. "I know this may seem so odd...so...silly, but...I have never thought of another woman since that night. I never dated or courted a single one of them; for none of them could compare to you." Chris gulped hard. Was he saying too much...telling her such so openly so soon? Not that he could have hidden anything from her. While his mind might be warded against other people trying to peek in - Chris was as open to her as a book. It wasn't that he was likely to keep any being of true power out for very long, but he would at least know. With her, however, he didn't even try to hide.

Chris did not look away from her eyes. It wasn't that the rest of her was any less appealing, but it was as if he was willing to show her all she could wish from him. He had heard of such things in his research over the years called soulgazing. It was not something most mortals could do with each other except on some minor level from time to time. With beings of power - that was another matter entirely, and now he offered her the chance to see:

Respect
Desire
Passion
Curiosity
Love
Devotion
Wonder
Enchantment
Kindness
Gentleness
A strong mind and heart with a keen sense for details and tactics.
Protectiveness

It was all there for Gabrielle to read even as he reached across the table to take one of her hands gently in his own.

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

~J.R.R. Tolkien

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:23 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The scotch’s aroma hit Gabrielle the moment it was presented to her. A small smile formed on her lips as she took the glass, holding it up to inspect it. She didn’t need to take a sip to know it was strong; Chris has certainly delivered in that regard; she could tell that this was going to pack one hell of a punch by the smell alone. She could also tell that he had picked this just for her. It was no surprise, he had been thinking about her, her appearance, her scent, the way she spoke to him. Her very presence dominated his mind.

She closed her eyes and held the glass to her lips, letting the liquid tickle her. Then she took a sip. It was no small sip, but one that definitely said she could hold her liquor. Immediately the alcohol’s strength impacted her senses as she played around with the liquid, swishing it around on her tongue. She hummed and looked at the glass with a satisfied look on her face.

Gabrielle gave a nod, “Delicious.” The glass was then placed back on the table gingerly. As much as she enjoyed a good drink, she was not a heavy drinker. She was actually more interested in keeping her senses about her. This place had a big selection of alcohol, because of the many different kinds of people who visited this place. The owner was… questionable, from what she gathered, it was no surprise. Any drink could have been chosen, but this he had chosen just for her. That much had been made known the moment she laid eyes on it.

Listening to his feelings, not only expressed through body language, the atmosphere, his presence, but his words as well, was something that interested her. It was also something she found somewhat unnecessary, even a little excessive. That was not to say that she did not appreciate his feelings, or understand them, but she honestly thought it was borderline obsessive. So much so that she was glad he was a human and couldn’t do much against her. Humans were certainly a strange species… being so open with someone he just met. Why was he so open, so willing?

“Is this your way of asking for a date?” Gabrielle’s response was direct, with a hint of amusement in her tone. She couldn’t help but smile at him; he was so passionate, it would have been futile to prevent herself from doing so. It would have been rude not to acknowledge the admiration he had for her, at least in her mind, this was her way of giving him some sort of satisfaction. Though, on second thought, he might get the wrong idea, she thought briefly.

She slowly slipped her hand away from Chris’s and took another sip of scotch. Like before, she closed her eyes to enjoy the taste.

“I only ask one thing,” Gabrielle continued, this time leaning back in her seat a little and holding the glass of scotch. “Why did you dedicate your life to finding me? What was it? My looks? You are clearly attracted to me, yes, but I wonder…” She paused, deciding to let her words linger for a moment. Her lips parted to continue speaking again but, after some thought, she felt the need to just leave it at that. How he responded to the question would tell her how she should move forward.

There had to be more than attraction. She dared to think, this man might even be in love with her. A human in love with a dragon. There have been legends of humans and dragons having such a deep connection with each other, that intimate relationships blossomed. It was extremely rare, given how different the two species were from each other, but not impossible. Love was a very strange thing, not easily understood. Gabrielle didn’t understand it herself, but, if what she was reading from him was indeed some form of love, she was sure that the emotions here were one-sided.

She leaned against the table, resting her chin on the back of her hand, staring deep into Chris’s eyes. He was willing to show her every emotion he was feeling; the energy surrounding them was quite powerful. More powerful than any average human could possess. His abilities intrigued her, to say the least, she’d be lying if she said otherwise. She has never been attracted to a human before, but she has always, in some way or another, found a few of them to be intriguing.

Just as he allowed himself to be open, she let off some of her own energy. A dragon’s power. It was enough to cause some of the people looking their way to ignore them completely. She didn’t need to dare them to challenge her decision in conversing with a human here. It was a strange, unspoken understanding for everyone.

If Chris truly wanted to seduce a dragon, she was going to test his limits.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:27 pm 

Missing My Companions

3rd Year (1)

At first, he was overjoyed by her love for the drink he had chosen for her. Yet, his mind and heart soon had the questions she now laid before him:

'Is this your way of asking for a date?'

'Why did you dedicate your life to finding me? What was it? My looks? You are clearly attracted to me, yes, but I wonder…'

These were questions he should have thought of ahead of time. How often had he played this meeting in his dreams, and yet...not one time had these questions been considered. Now, the moment was at hand, and there was no time for him to think. Of course, overthinking his answers would only show her there was deciet, and that was the last thing he wanted to show her. Even as he began to answer; he noted new energy from her...this time openly directed: fire and power...the fierceness of her very nature....and...something else...

...curiosity.

"I would be honored to have a date with you, Lady Gabrielle, though I do not know the courtship rules for your kin," Chris admitted first before continuing with the other questions she had given him. He did not look away from her eyes as he continued, "As for what has led me to dedicating my life in searching for you - there are many reasons. First and foremost, you are a dragon who saved my life. That is not something one just forgets easily...even at such a young age. What greater personal quest could there be than to find the dragon who saved your life as if right out of the very legends and stories you already believed in? Yet, there was more than that as time went on. I realized in my early teen years that I had absolutely no attraction to any female my age or older. The reason was not hard to see. After all, what woman from among my kind could possibly rival that of a dragon's beauty. In this, yes, you see correctly, for the physical attraction was certainly there. This, however, was not the only thing connection or reason for my continued search...though it added to the desire to find you. I realized the enchantment laid upon me was in part from just having been so briefly in your presence, but it was not this enchantment which led me to you. I came to understand as the dreams of you continued that I could never love another woman. Yes, mortals use the word 'love' all too easily, but here the word is apt...if one-sided. Day by day...night by night...I fell in love with you - or more correctly, the idea of you. Some might say that is obsessive, and perhaps they would be right, but so few mortals seem to understand that to truly love...one must give all of themselves...be ready to give heart, mind, and soul...even body...all that they are to the one they love, or it is nothing but a shadow. And so, Gabrielle, I have loved you from afar this whole time, and longed to court you - if I should be found worthy in your eyes. If not, then I would learn to be worthy; for I doubt any mortal would be worthy so easily of a dragon's love. No matter, I will not turn aside despite the difficulty. And, now, perhaps I have said too much, but I would not have you think your physical beauty alone drew me to you. I came, because of the fire in your soul, the fierceness in your heart, the beautiful blend of who you are - dragon though you be to my human mortality."

Every word carried with it the sincere warmth and affection long held at bay for the one he now sat across the table from. There was no looking away from her rainbow colored eyes, and if he had overstepped - well...time would tell. Dragons, he heard, favored boldness as well as mystery. He had provided both.

He did not attempt to reach across the table for her hands again, but sat there gazing steadily...briefly allowing his eyes to rove over her form before returning to her eyes again.

~J.R.R. Tolkien

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:05 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

“Oh my…” the words came from her lips as an amused whisper. Gabrielle smiled at Chris and took another sip of her drink, this time draining the cup completely. She then ran her tongue across her lips.

Gabrielle was silent for a long time after that. It occurred to her then that there seemed to be a sort of pattern forming. One would speak, the other would listen, and then there was silence as words were chosen. It wasn’t an uncomfortable feeling, she welcomed it. It gave her some time to take in everything that was Christopher Windsor. Her conversations with humans were usually very brisk and professional, business-like. Most of her company outside of her work was usually of the preternatural sort; as a dragon she was very selective in her company.

Yet there was something that was bothering her and she couldn’t put her finger on it. It was the same feeling she had when she conveyed her thoughts to Jake moments ago, telling her to be cautious, something she would likely heed.

“The moment you reached out to me, I knew you were a passionate man. There aren’t too many who can capture the attention of someone like me,” she said honestly. Someone like her -a dragon, in other words. Her experience with people who could reach out to dragons was not a positive one. There were hunters out there, who believed that killing a dragon, whether it was for sport or something more, most thrilling. They, too, were passionate, emotional, having such an admiration of beauty even though the dragon they were admiring was dead.

“Perhaps…” Gabrielle gave a small smile and suddenly reached into her pocket and pulled out a small notebook. She called over a nearby waitress and asked to borrow her pen. Quickly, she scribbled a note on a piece of paper, ripped it out of the book, and folded it in half. Then she returned the pen and waved the woman off. Her attention turned back to Chris, she slid the folded paper to him and gave a nod. “We could continue this conversation later, if you want? If you wish to learn, I could very well teach you.”

On the paper was a location to meet up later on, should he take her up on the offer. Which she was confident that he would, judging from the words they were exchanging now.

There was… something she needed to check, and she had to meet back up with Jake.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:37 pm 

Missing My Companions

3rd Year (1)

Chris could not believe his luck. Thus far, he wasn't turned into a torch, destroyed, mangled, or otherwise hurt from the woman across from him. Indeed, she was being far more receptive to him than he had ever dared to hope - though he had dreamed it would go well once they met. Still, he sensed caution from her. It was in her words, her stance, and in the very air between them. Not that he could blame her. Having a mortal reach out to her was no doubt something quite unusual for Gabrielle, but no matter her caution - curiosity had also won. The paper she handed him had a location to meet up later, and it was one he would have to look up - not being overly familiar with it. To meet her...in private...such was truly more than he had dared to hope for. His heart was racing more now at the very prospect...the potential such a meeting could bring. What would happen? Would she kill him there instead - preferring to do so without those around to witness? Would she really decide to teach him how to win her heart? What would happen at this address where he was to finally have the meeting of his dreams? Would it indeed be a dream come true...or a nightmare?

He nodded in acceptance of meeting up later. What he had set out to do thus far had been accomplished, but Chris was not a survivor for nothing. He, too, was cautious. There was the tall man he had followed, and later found watching him from the roof. If he was still outside waiting patiently - things could get ugly. Not that Chris hadn't learned how to deal with trouble, but he rarely just went looking for it. Besides, he wasn't foolish enough to believe that those of the otherworld weren't powerful. Indeed, the one outside could likely react faster than he could move, but fear was something that was not allowed. To be afraid was to give his enemies an advantage, and some of those from the otherworld fed off of fear.

"Until we meet again, Gabrielle," he nodded to her politely, and stood up to leave. "I know you have your concerns. I don't blame you for them, but I think you will find my intentions are truly as I stated. No matter what happens to me - I shall never forget these two moments with you." With such honestly said, Christopher bowed deeply to her as if she were a goddess, and then left with clear measured calm steps towards the exit. The man he had seen her sitting with earlier he merely nodded to on his way out, and then he was once more outside.

There was no immediate notice of the man from the roof nearby. Indeed, the alley was quite empty. Caution was still the password, and Chris had no desire to slip up now. Despite the earlier encounter - Chris found his return to his hotel room quite peaceful. He was actually rather surprised. Perhaps the man on the roof had found a different prey to attack, or perhaps he had decided Chris wasn't worth the effort. It could have even been sheer curiosity which kept the predator from attacking him. Whatever the reason - the journey home to his hotel was a smooth one without incident. Once in his room - Chris looked up the address he still held: 536 North Harlem Ave. River Forest, IL 60305. This was apparently the Ottawa Trail Woods - North - a rather secluded park on the edge of Chicago. What had the young writer even more curious was the time of the meeting. It wasn't in the standard or military format, but merely said: 'One hour after dawn'. Clearly she was rather cautious indeed, and who could blame her. A mortal was seeking her out, professing a love to her that had existed for over two decades, and one who could reach out with his mind and soul to those around him. Closing the laptop made Chris sit back in his bed thinking deeply of what was to come.

"Why here?" he wondered aloud to himself. "Why this place? Is it special to you? Or, is it just private enough that if you need to get rid of me - you can? Or, is it private enough to allow whatever happens - happens without prying eyes??"

Dawn was several hours away, but he would be ready. Thus, the young writer took a long slow shower, and got ready for bed. Sleep, however, eluded him as he lay there curled up among the blankets...his mind on Gabrielle. He still couldn't quite believe he had found her already, but it was true...she was here, and he had spoken with her...even touched her mind and soul briefly. Soon, he would meet her again, and this was the thought he went to sleep with...dreams of her soaring high in the sky, and another of him kneeling before her on some great hill he knew not.

~J.R.R. Tolkien